EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » The Region

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Region
- Maz -
Member # 9764

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for - Maz -     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting region here:

1. Border conflicts between Sudan and Chad.
2. Civil war in Sudan; peacekeepers sent out of the eritrean / ethiopian border; and sub-saharan african issues of aids, poverty, and more.
3. The Civil war in Algeria is over, but who knows until when?
4. Libya is trying to solve the nurses issue, but what if they do decide to execute capital punishment?
5. Cyprus - no solution before another 13 years?
6. More to the north: the Balkans - so what will happen to Kosovo, and how stable is the stability in the balkans?
7. Palestine & Israel - may the following elections bring peace, but people have been wishing for peace since 1948 - or before? and will the people continue wishing for peace there until the day I die?
8. Syria / Lebanon: God bless PM Hariri's soul, and spare us another Iraq in Syria.
9. Iraq: well, just.. no comment, but tied to the kurdish / turkish issue.
10. Iran: so will Israel strike by end March?
11. Afghanistan: was there anytime where this country didn't have problems since the soviets marched in?

Posts: 88 | From: Brasilia, DF, Brazil | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isn't Egypt interesting to be in the list ? [Razz]
Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hookay....

this is even more depressing than the movie Munich! [Eek!]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
- Maz -
Member # 9764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for - Maz -     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hallo Humanized,

I left Egypt out of the list because I thought it was less "problematic" than the 11 places above. But I also left out Jordan, and the Gulf countries. I once dreamt that Egypt was invaded and that American soldiers were entering my home in Cairo. I hope it never becomes true.

Hallo Snoozin,

Yes, I think it's depressing too. Very. And what makes it even more depressing is that it's real. Seems like there is a post-Cold War-9/11 pattern, where the new enemy of the "Allied forces" is.. well.. it doesn't need to be mentioned.

Maz

Posts: 88 | From: Brasilia, DF, Brazil | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been the story of history, I'm afraid. Seems the only time there is *peace* like in the Balkans, is when the areas are ruled by force by an empire. [Frown]

Is that the price we must pay for peace? [Frown]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
- Maz -
Member # 9764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for - Maz -     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hallo Snoozin,

I agree that many times peace had to have been forced by a stronger outside empire, country, or alliance.

Still, foreign interference can in many times take the form of "divide and rule" - which complicates the scene to keep the foreign presence, be it for the sake of presence itself, of the extraction of diamonds, gold, or the black form of which - i.e., oil.

Have a beautiful day [Smile]

Maz

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com