EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Muhamed drawings! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Muhamed drawings!
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heared Iran wants to ^test^ Europe and the free speach.They asked for caricateurs to draw ^funny^ picures about the Holocaust.Seems they r just warming up..!
Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XX
Member # 10122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a tiny minority of extremists in some obscure mosque, these were members of the Nigerian Parliament.

Nigerian MPs cheered in the northern majority Muslim state of Kano as Danish and Norwegian flags were burned in a ceremony in the parliament premises.

The flags were torched to show disapproval of the publication in Denmark and Norway of cartoons satirising the Prophet Muhammad.

Earlier Kano state MPs passed a resolution to call off multi-million dollar trade negotiations with Denmark.

In Niger, thousands took part in banned protests against the cartoons....

In Somalia, a teenage boy died after protesters attacked police on Monday....

The BBC's Ado Saleh in Kano says some 200 people, including the 40 state parliamentarians, attended the flag burning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4689314.stm

Posts: 149 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ditte0411
Member # 9958

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ditte0411         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont believe it is just the drawings that makes people so upset. Its a combination of that and national problems. What we see on TV are where the action are. Dont tell me that the syrian goverment did not know about the burning of ambassies? There are radical forces who gain from these drawings.
Posts: 19 | From: denmark | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not think the Muslims will give you that choice ditte. I hope you will find a place where you can draw a line and defend your values.
The problem is a lot easier to solve now than it will be later on.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ditte0411
Member # 9958

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ditte0411         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On that I agree with you, it has to be now. Otherwise it might be too late.
Posts: 19 | From: denmark | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the West, free speech is generally of quite high importance, especially since many of our fathers fought in the last world war for the right to do so.

However, in a changing world, I am not so convinced that simply "having" free speech means that we have to use it without discernment. When people are aware that certain things that are said or done in the name of free speech can cause religious and racial hatred, then is it really prudent to exercise what the west sees as a moral right? Is it right to inflict the moral rights of one countries opinion onto another country that takes the opposite view to free speech? Isnt this just a case of imposing one set of values on another?

Thankfully, the UK does see the danger of 'free speech' when it comes to racial and religious matters, and has tried to prevent the Muslim clergy from preaching message of racial hate and religious intolerance.

This works both ways if the Muslims are not allowed to have free speech on racial and religious matters, then neither is anyone else in my view!

Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spoken like a true facist Ms. Doubtfire. I'll be critical of any religion or political, cultural view I wish and when I cannot do so its time for a civil war. We have had them before and we can have one again if that is what it takes.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanjulia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to interrupt you. horemheb, did you get the pm? what do you think?
Posts: 457 | From: Any Questions? | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
Susan, In your view it is protesting the way free speech is being used...in their view it is protesting free speech. They are saying, very clearly, that there should be no free speech on this issue. These people are not democrats, they never can be within the boundries of their philosophy.

ditte, What kind of statement are you trying to make? They have clearly rejected the idea of love and toleration. Did they not send you a message when they burned the Danish flag? Did they not send you a message when they attacked your embassies? Did they not send you a message when they organized boycots of your economy?
They sent the message but clearly your head is firmly planted in the sand.

There's a nickel's worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans. If you put a nickel on the table, a Democrat will steal it from you and a Republican will kill you for it.
Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a Republican will feel another hard-earned one from his or her pocket and quietly leave!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, are y'all following the events in Paki?

AP 47 minutes ago...
"PESHAWAR, Pakistan - Gunfire and rioting erupted Wednesday as more than 70,000 people joined Pakistan's biggest protest yet against Prophet Muhammad cartoons, burning movie theaters, a KFC restaurant and a South Korean-run bus station. Three people died and dozens were injured in two cities, police and witnesses said.

The massive crowd went on a rampage in the northwestern city of Peshawar, torching businesses and fighting police, who struck back with tear gas and batons. It was the third straight day of violent demonstrations in the Islamic nation.

The rioters ransacked the offices of the Norwegian mobile phone company Telenor, three cinemas and offices of Mobilink — the main mobile phone operator in the country, witnesses said. They also burned a bus terminal operated by
South Korea's Sammi Corp. Flames were shooting out of some of the buses, private TV station Geo reported."

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
These people are as nutty as a christmas fruit cake.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh that's deep thinking Horemheb. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
How deep do you have to go to explain the conduct of a bunch of nuts running around tearing everything up because they do not like a cartoon?

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still say all of this is state sponsored based on the target of the rioters. Let dem do the same for freedom and guess what will happen? Ha!
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_XX_
Member # 10256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _XX_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iran renames Danish pastries after prophet

TEHRAN, Iran - Not content with pelting European embassies with Molotov cocktails to protest against cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, Iranians have decided to rename the “Danish pastries” relished by this nation of cake lovers.

From now on, the sweet, flaky pastries which dominate the shelves in Iran’s cake shops will be known as “Roses of the Prophet Muhammad,” the official IRNA news agency reported as pressure on Denmark over the cartoons took on a new dimension.

“No one is allowed to make fun of our beloved and respected prophet,” Hassan Nasserzadeh, a cake shop owner in central Tehran, told Reuters.

“No one is allowed to make fun of our beloved and respected prophet,” Hassan Nasserzadeh, a cake shop owner in central Tehran, told Reuters.

But you can give his name to a pastry.
LOL...only a mob of "fruitcakes" would think of something like that.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eyeonjannah
Member # 9502

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eyeonjannah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Responding to Current Events: http://aishahsjourney.blogspot.com/2006/02/responding-to-current-eventsa-khutbah.html

--------------------
If I am right, it is from Allah; if wrong, it is from me. I ask Allah Almighty to protect you and me from errors and from all that displease Him. "Al-Hamdu-lillahi rabbil-alameen"

Posts: 10 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com