EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » nice germans....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nice germans....
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
German Airport Authorities Humiliate Saudi Woman Over Veil
Thursday, 11 May 2006

The Saudi Gazette

RIYADH
Security men at the Munich airport in Germany beat and humiliated a Saudi woman because she was veiled, according to the Arabic-language daily Al-Watan.

The woman, whom the paper only identified by her initials, was quoted as saying that the incident took place earlier this week in Munich airport when she was on her way back to the Kingdom. She said she was forced by the airport’s authorities to uncover her face.

She said that when she was on her way to board the plane, one of the female inspectors asked her to take off her veil. She suggested to the inspector to pass the manual detector on her head instead.

“The inspector turned a deaf ear to all my pleas and started yelling at me,” Al-Watan quoted the woman as saying. “Under her insistence, I requested her to conduct the inspection in a separate room. At this point she started insulting and mocking me, telling me that this is Germany.”

“who do you think you are? You are no one here. You stupid mop. You will uncover your head and I will search your hair piece by piece,” the inspector said, according to the woman.

“This odd behavior furnishes tangible evidence that they just claim to be democratic, because the ABC of democracy is to respect others’ privacy and traditions,” said the Saudi woman.

She said she was further stunned by the attitude of the inspector’s male colleague. According to her, he yelled at her and beat her on her shoulder. She began to cry desperately, while they all burst into laughter.

The unidentified woman added that she asked them if they forced nuns to uncover their heads. Her argument caused the inspector’s boss to intervene and ask her to apologize, which she refused to do.

http://207.126.53.59/sg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4807&Itemid=1

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is very sad [Frown] when I was travelling to cairo I had to stop at Millan airport for a short while. I was wearing a veil,and at the security they asked me so many questions along with an Egyptian girl who were veiled too.I cannot say that the Police were rude to us but we were the only ones who were asked questions, while other passengers were free to go throught the security gate
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mocking bird
Member # 10937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mocking bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The old woman had visited Munich for medical reasons and was with her son at the airport last Sunday on their way back.

She tells her own story....

When I walked by the security check, an official demanded that I remove my hijab.

Clearly, there are several issues here:

1. The fact that the lady in question has had unspecified parts of her anatomy prodded and poked and possibly had her innards opened up to the elements by Unbeliever male and female medical staff in a German hospital, is no reason for Unbeliever security staff in an airport to expect to be able to see her uncovered face.

2. The fact that one or two Saudis were allegedly implicated in the events of 9/11 is no excuse for such a blatant example of national and racial profiling, even in the proximity of passenger airplanes.

3. The fact that men have allegedly tried to conceal themselves underneath Saudi female attire, including Michael Jackson (see left) while staying in Bahrain, was no reason to doubt that this lady was in fact a lady.

4. If German security staff cannot compare the passport photo of a lady to her face when covered by a veil, then they are grossly incompetent and should be sacked.

Her story continues....

I asked her (the female security guard) to take me to a private room or that we step behind a curtain. It infuriated her and she shouted in my face, attracting the attention of everyone in the terminal,” the woman said.

Apparently there were no private rooms or curtains adjacent. These are standard facilities at every Saudi airport, so that lady travellers may be searched at leisure by our petite, courteous female security staff with warm gentle hands. * It is to Germany's perpetual shame that these facilities are not provided in all airports, for the benefit of Saudi visitors.

“She finally took me to a room but went on abusing me.”
Then a male official started abusing her, reminding her that “she is in Germany”.

"In Germany" implies that the security staff subscribe to some version of Cultural Relativism; in other words, "When in Germany, do as the Germans do". This is totally unacceptable, and we insist that Saudis be allowed to practice their distinctive and unique customs in whatever part of the world they find themselves. The issue will of course be resolved when the place in question becomes the Bavarian Province of the Global Caliphate.

“who do you think you are? You are no one here. You stupid mop. You will uncover your head and I will search your hair piece by piece,” the inspector said, according to the woman.

We have no reason to doubt the Saudi lady's account, and find it totally unacceptable that Unbelievers should shout at a Saudi lady in this way. Saudi ladies are renowned for their quiet modest ways, always speaking to foreign domestic staff and shopkeepers in the kindest of tones, and it is inconceivable that she would not be equally polite with these foreign minions. There is therefore no excuse for their uncouth behavior.

http://muttawa.blogspot.com/

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been yelled at in an abusive way and / or treated very roughly in several airports around the world – Cairo and Istanbul being by far the worst. The people working there treat travellers as if they were prisoners or a bunch of cattle, being very rude and bossy to people and yelling at them for no reason at all.

I've travelled with my head covered a couple of times (to avoid harassment in certain countries) and have not noticed a difference in treatment, although in Turkey a female security officer yelled at me because she couldn't figure out immediately that the metal detector was beeping because of the clip in my hair.

In such cases I yell back, I feel even if you're an overworked airport worker who is unnerved by the travellers, you still should treat them with basic respect. Everyone is stressed out and tired when flying, you really don't need that sort of crap!
[Mad]

If the story is true – and it needs some checking into since some things don't really make sense, but that could just be the bad translation – the officer in question should and will face prosecution for this.

Women wearing a face cover are not an unusual sight in any airport of the world, so I'm sure the security staff has instructions on how to handle those cases.

Btw, I wonder what would happen if a German woman insisted on wearing her regular clothes in a Saudi airport.
[Wink]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lesson is that when you go to germany do not wear those silly clothes. We do not treat women like crap in the west and nobody respects those Burkas. The only place I want to see them is on the men.

If you fly to Europe or America girls put on a pair of tight fitting jeans and a T shirt.

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horemheb,

The keyword is dignity, not assimilation. If one is not comfortable with a thing, isn't the prudent way to be dignified in expression. I am talking about "meeting of the minds" here and not extremes!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia_06:
I've been yelled at in an abusive way and / or treated very roughly in several airports around the world – Cairo and Istanbul being by far the worst. The people working there treat travellers as if they were prisoners or a bunch of cattle, being very rude and bossy to people and yelling at them for no reason at all.

I've travelled with my head covered a couple of times (to avoid harassment in certain countries) and have not noticed a difference in treatment, although in Turkey a female security officer yelled at me because she couldn't figure out immediately that the metal detector was beeping because of the clip in my hair.

In such cases I yell back, I feel even if you're an overworked airport worker who is unnerved by the travellers, you still should treat them with basic respect. Everyone is stressed out and tired when flying, you really don't need that sort of crap!
[Mad]

If the story is true – and it needs some checking into since some things don't really make sense, but that could just be the bad translation – the officer in question should and will face prosecution for this.

Women wearing a face cover are not an unusual sight in any airport of the world, so I'm sure the security staff has instructions on how to handle those cases.

Btw, I wonder what would happen if a German woman insisted on wearing her regular clothes in a Saudi airport.
[Wink]

My first trip to Egypt I had an immigration officer (or who ever that guy his behind the glass that checks your passport) yelling and cussing at me.

I started to cry and tremble. I was scared naturally. I had been harrassed by a "British" employee of NWA in New York and also in Amsterdam. I was about ready to collapse and my daughter was in no better shape.

This fat-ass wanted to know why my daughter didn't have a return ticket, nor did we have a visa. He demanded to know why I had married an Egyptian in the USA. Lets make this short. About 15 unrelated questions later along with his cussing and swearing at me for several minutes he was dismissed.

Someone else took over and in very quiet tones apologized. While I watched several of the first official's colleagues pat him on the back and stare back at me disapprovingly.

Most of this anger started when he wanted to know my final destination "Shebin el-Kaum". That is what set the first guy off.

When my lugguage was partially searched another "captian" or something inquired on "what that guy's problem was" and wanted to know his name. That same caption went over to my in-laws and discussed the matter with a plain clothes cop.

I was later told by my SIL that this first fat-ass official "would be dealt with".

Yeah a few arses definately paid for their BS behavior that day. [Mad]

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think muslims should stay in muslim land and out of others land unless they respect the customs of that land..

when I went to egypt I followed the rules there...

I think muslims should do the same when they go to others countries..

asking someone to take off the veil for security reasons in an airport, is mandatory..

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its a bit harder when ur of mixed race even some islamic countrys dont like yah ,being muslim
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:

The lesson is that when you go to germany do not wear those silly clothes. We do not treat women like crap in the west and nobody respects those Burkas. The only place I want to see them is on the men.

If you fly to Europe or America girls put on a pair of tight fitting jeans and a T shirt.

Hmmm.. Totally opposite and mirror reflective views of the same issue, yet both do the same damage.-- the control over the expression of women's bodies.

In very strict and fundamentalist Muslim countries, women's bodies are expected to be completely covered and not to be seen so as not to entice men.

In Western countries (now a days especially) women's bodies are expected to show and reveal all so they can entice men and are meant for visual pleasure (eye-candy).

In both cases women are sexual objects-- only in that one case women are to be totally de-sexualized while in the other they are oversexuallized.

[Embarrassed] Fortunately not all societies have this 'issue' and the women are in total control of their own bodies expressions. In these societies their usual dress style is neither "too revealing" nor "too concealed", and if the dress style does happen to fall within one extreme or the other, there is just simply no issue at all since women's bodies are seen for more than just sexuality.

Posts: 26267 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so a women showing her face for airport security now, is considered on par with debbie does dallas?

:/

--------------------

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I left America to come to Egypt I had absolutely NO problems in either of the Western airports (my layover was in Germany). I was wearing Hijab and never once felt funny. I can say that when I entered the plane in America, as I was trying to find my seat, each person I passed kept their eyes on me with every move I made. Maybe it was my paranoia, but I'm sure they were uneasy...I tried to do my best to make eye contact and smile. After doing those things, it puts people at ease. I ended up having a six hour conversation with two women sitting next to me and I couldn't have felt more at ease myself.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The lesson is that when you go to germany do not wear those silly clothes.

good point. if we should dress differently when in your country, why shouldnt you do the same when in ours?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its ok to dress up
but its not ok to dress down

althought it does happen, its does not give a good imagine

let me give you more example
its good for a liar to turn up to an honest person
but worser if a honest person turns down to a liar

it good for a prostirue to turn up and stop her practice
but worser for a women to turn down to a prostitute

it good for a "slut" to turn up to look decent
but it worser for a decent person to turn to a slut

what your saying to those women, is to GO DOWN?
why? cos they are visiting your "culture"?
i dont think thats worth it, those women are worth alot more then to go down a level.

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9/11 change many things and for the safety of other travelers and innocent people it is totally neccessary and I fully support the unveiling of female passengers. Although it should happen not under the eye of everybody only in a special area - a closed room - (which are available for use in EVERY German airport) and only in presence of another female, other cultures should be respected.

In the specific case no one knows what really happended, I found on the web various articles stating different things. In my opinion it was on older woman who didn't want to unveil her face, she probably was never asked about this ever before at an airport and she got upset and one word led to another. I just realized that on couple of Islamic forums this incident - or whatever happened - was widely published, embroidered (like the copied article of the first post it's quiet unbelievable that this really happened in reality), and critized. And I wondered if it would cause some similar outburst like the infamous Mohammed cartoons.

Just like to chose for this topic such a sarcastic headline and generalize and judge a whole nation.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian Lily:

Just like to chose for this topic such a sarcastic headline and generalize and judge a whole nation.

that's right...

just like how those german officails did....

judgest the whole muslim race [Roll Eyes]

on what basis was she stopped and dont that to her...

it was cos of the sterotyping and generalization

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

you are the epitome of ignorance [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islaam:

I was also searched before in a separated area, a female touched me from up to down, I didn't like it and I was already stressed out since we moved to another country, having two children running under 4 around while going through the last check and it was quite a line, having my infant boy in my arm, then my three-year-old son just dropped out of sight, I told them that I need to go back and get him and they said no you can't we check you now let your husband go", the security people didn't like my attitude, I didn't like their's either ...... these checks also happening to 'ordinary' non-Muslim people believe me.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Also ordinary non-black people to get stopped by police for search.... but the likeniess of a black man to get stop and searches is far greater then a white man...

however, black pple are being given a rest now, its muslim's turn now.

however, my point is you dress like a muslim, i say there is 99.99991 % chance to get stopped and humilated where possible - simpy cos of the hatred that the media has built towards muslims.

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, we don't need media to have a bad image of Islam, the so called muslims do it very well alone...I wish we will soon be considered as normal people. I see the horrified look of people when I say I'm a muslim...Because around them, so-called muslims steal, kill, insult, and they give real ones a bad name. It takes time to people to dissociate the real Muslims and the bad ones. We have to fight against stereotypes. I don't blame people for having such a misconception of what Islam is.
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE
Member # 9831

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
germany is crap

united kingdom is a much more mature european country that doesn't have the b.s attitude germany,holland and other eurocrack countries have

just look at the cartoons row united kingdom didn't print it

Posts: 259 | From: LA LA LAND | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
German town clears away porn and booze for Saudis

By Erik Kirschbaum

BAD NAUHEIM, Germany (Reuters) - The pictures of naked women are being removed from the hotel's health spa, the hard-core porn channels switched off and all the alcohol will be removed from the mini bars before Saudi Arabia arrives.

Germany is rolling out the red carpets for the 31 foreign teams and a million overseas visitors heading its way for the World Cup but the small resort town of Bad Nauheim north of Frankfurt is busy taking away temptation for its Muslim guests.

Few places in the world are as liberal as Germany when it comes to public nudity and access to alcohol, where even fast-food restaurants sell beer with burgers and teenagers are able to buy drinks before they can drive cars.

Prostitution is legal in Germany and the government is not too prude to collect tax on it.

Yet the luxurious Hotel Dolce Bad Nauheim is doing all it can to shield the Saudi Arabia team from all those western ways when they take up 59 of its 159 rooms on May 27 for the finals. The Saudis play Spain, Ukraine and Tunisia in the opening group stage.

TASTEFUL PHOTOS

"We do have a photo exhibition in the pool area which shows a lot of skin and it goes without saying that it will be removed by then," Michel Prokop, the hotel's general manager, told Reuters.
"There are 20 tasteful portrait photos, but out of courtesy there will be no skin and no breasts," he added.

There are also five art nouveau paintings hanging in a theater in the park that belongs to the hotel. The paintings by Wilhelm Kleukens feature naked boys wearing wings -- and will come down.

"We're following some basic 'do's and don'ts'. The whole staff is taking cross cultural training sessions to make them aware of the differences of Germany and Saudi Arabia."

Prokop, who lived in Egypt for two years said all 123 hotel staff members have been taking eight hour courses in sensitivity training and on top of that are learning some basic Arabic phrases such as "Hello," "Welcome" and "Have a nice day."
"Among the things they're learning is about dress codes, that skirts should not be too short," he said, using words last heard in Germany in the 1960s.

"To avoid all problems, all women staffers are going to wear trousers instead of dresses."
[Roll Eyes]
PORN-FREE ZONE

The Dolce is also planning to make some adjustments to the Pay-TV channels and contents of the small room refrigerators.
"We will leave the Pay-TV on in their rooms but the porn movie channels will of course be turned off," said Prokop, 47.
"All the alcohol will be removed from the mini bars and replaced with soft drinks," he added.

"They will be able to watch 35 Arabic language TV channels in their rooms so they can see all the (World Cup) games in their own language."

With the help of the local Islamic community, the hotel will set up a separate prayer room and will also remove bibles from Saudi rooms.

Yet despite all efforts to make the Saudis feel at home, dangers seem to lurk around every corner at the hotel with the address "Elvis Presley Square 1" -- in honor of the American singer who lived here from 1958 to 1960 while he was in the U.S. army.

FIRST CHOICE

Bad Nauheim, a pleasant town of 31,000 which is 30 km (20 miles) north of Frankfurt, won the bidding from among 110 rivals to host one of the 31 foreign teams and Prokop says Saudi Arabia had been their first choice.

"It's a kind of dream team for us and the town," he said. "They were our preferred team. We have a long history of ties to Saudi Arabia."

In 1959, King Saud bin Abdul-Aziz spent four weeks in Bad Nauheim with a 70-member delegation that the town still talks about. They're hoping the Saudi team's stay may spark a rejuvenation of commercial ties with the kingdom.

"We're very excited to be hosting Saudi Arabia," said Prokop. Saudi Arabia flags will be hoisted atop about 30 public buildings in the town in honor of the visitors.

Despite Bad Nauheim's meticulous preparations for their visitors, this is still Germany where nudists sometimes frolic in corners of public parks on hot summer days.

There is always the possibility of running into naked men and women.

"No, I don't expect any complications like that," said Prokop. "I don't think there will be any nude sunbathing here in Bad Nauheim. We're a decent town."

Source

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
yes, very nice Daliah.

but what did the former German government spokesman Uwe-Karsten Heye told Deutschlandradio Kultur warn?

"There are small and mid-sized towns in Brandenburg and elsewhere where I would advise anyone with a different skin colour not to go,"

Another place I read that some Officals said " they may not come out ALIVE "

--------------------
--
here...

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Nice? It's ridiculous. Would a Saudi hotel do the same for a German soccer team?

Every single German Muslim I personally know is quite annoyed about this and thinks if the team so obviously can't handle anything Western they shouldn't bother to come ...

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
but what did the former German government spokesman Uwe-Karsten Heye told Deutschlandradio Kultur warn?

"There are small and mid-sized towns in Brandenburg and elsewhere where I would advise anyone with a different skin colour not to go,"

And your point is?

We've been down this road before, so I see no sense in debating it again. Yes, racism unfortunately exists in Germany, just as it does in any other country on this planet.
And it's well known that it is a particular problem in certain parts of East Germany (i.e. Brandenburg), due to the particular societal structure there, the fact that people aren't as used to immigrants as they are in the Western part of Germany, due to a very high unemployment rate among young people and so on ... I'm sure Tigerlily could tell you a thing or two about this subject.

But what bothers me is that there's a current trend to take incidents like the above mentioned about the lady at the airport and distribute them via the internet in order to promote a particular image about the West without bothering to verify whether the information is correct.
There's an agenda behind this which is to instigate hatred, to kill all attempts at dialogue and to portrait Muslims as the poor victims who get discriminated against everywhere. And that I don't like ...

mocking bird
Member # 10937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mocking bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"German town clears away porn and booze for Saudis"

Muslim countries top the list for accessing internet porn, including bestial porn.

http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/002161.html

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:

you are the epitome of ignorance [Roll Eyes]
[Embarrassed] Indeed. I wonder how Hore would feel if someone told him that Western women should denigrated as sex objects and should wear clothes that loose and comfortable while the men like him should be the ones that wear tight-fitting, skimpy outfits that show off their bodies like the kind worn back in the 70s!! (not that I want to see that anytime soon. [Frown] )
Posts: 26267 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
I wonder if it's wrong for me, as a Christain, to chuckel when muslims and atheists go at each other?

the Lord truely works in mysterious ways...

[Smile]

--------------------

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
note to muslims,

women don't have to be slaves dressed gunny sacks

note to atheists,

women don't have to be complete whores in g-strings..

--------------------

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

that's right...

This is a safty thing..... Lets face it - muslims have a long history of hijacking planes and large close like that can hide a known terrorist, weapons or bombs.
You harrase us fore wearing bikinis at your beaches and you dont see us making a big mediafuss about that. If we wear short skirts or bikinis we are all whores - thats not generalizations when it comes from you..........
tsk tsk tsk you dig your own grave. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Munich Airport Fires Official for Roughing Up Saudi Woman

JEDDAH, 15 May 2006 — The Munich airport authorities will dismiss an official who humiliated a Saudi woman during security check, according to the German Embassy in Riyadh.
The authorities investigated the alleged ill-treatment of the Saudi woman passenger in Munich airport recently and found it to be against the code of conduct for employees in German airports, Al-Watan newspaper reported quoting an embassy statement.

“There are clear instructions that officials must be courteous and respectful to passengers, in addition to being considerate of the wishes of passengers who want to be searched behind screens,” the statement said.

The embassy maintained that the passenger was not humiliated or struck but only touched on her shoulders. The Saudi woman, however, reiterated her charge that the male official abused and struck her.

According to the embassy statement, the security check at Munich airport on May 8 did not exceed the limits of courteousness. The woman was not abused, humiliated or beaten and the search was conducted in a private room as she wished.

On the other hand, the behavior of a male official after the completion of the security check was in violation of instructions given to airport officials. He talked to her harshly and touched her shoulder. This is an unacceptable way of dealing with passengers even though he apologized to her later, the statement said.

“The offending official was suspended from his work after preliminary inquiries and will be dismissed,” it added.
The embassy also conveyed an apology from the Munich airport for the unbecoming behavior of an individual saying, “The unfortunate incident should not lead to the wrong impression that we do not welcome our guests and are not hospitable to them.”

The Saudi woman who was mistreated at the airport demanded that a German woman official who carried out the security check should be punished too because the official abused her and threatened her with preventing her from boarding the plane.
The woman also rejected the German Embassy’s claim that the male security official did not strike her but only touched her shoulder. She reiterated that he struck her and, but for her daughter’s interference, the blow could have fallen on her face. She also denied the embassy claim that the man offered an apology.

Another official, she said, did in fact apologize to her. She pointed out that the truth of her statements could be verified by checking the recordings of the surveillance cameras at the airport.

Abdul Ilah Al-Shoaibi, a Saudi diplomat in Germany, said: “We are following up the matter. An official of the Munich airport has informed us of the decision to suspend the errant official.”
Al-Shoaibi added that the official was an employee of a contracting company and that neither he nor his company represented the airport authorities.

Source

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
you must be blonde [Confused] (another generalization)

you dont seem to understand a thing,
when talking to you, it like talking to a brick wall.
you and this other woman [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
quote:
quote:

that's right...

This is a safty thing..... Lets face it - muslims have a long history of hijacking planes and large close like that can hide a known terrorist, weapons or bombs.
You harrase us fore wearing bikinis at your beaches and you dont see us making a big mediafuss about that. If we wear short skirts or bikinis we are all whores - thats not generalizations when it comes from you..........
tsk tsk tsk you dig your own grave. [Embarrassed]

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Dalia,

As you have seen that posting a few articles on how racist germans are, gives a negative image of the general white germans out there.

Kafir4ever's other hald, [Roll Eyes] mocking bird... does this all day, posts articles that give a negative image to Islam.

It very rare to find a pro-islamic article....and it is very unfortunate that thick minded people, who have no anaylitcal skills at all (like those above) dont realise these articles were only written by a human being, who's knowledge is no where near absolute - they are only the view point of the journist - and follows the politcal stance of the newspaper company, watever it may be.

--------------------
--
here...

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you must be blonde [Confused] (another generalization)

you dont seem to understand a thing,
when talking to you, it like talking to a brick wall.
you and this other woman [Roll Eyes]

QUOTE]

I can only say the same about you. The next time I come to Egypt, - I will arrieve in a Bikini, - demand to have eggs and bacon (real pigmeat)fore breakfast, I want to visit the mosque in my short skirt and will not take of my filthy tennisshoes because I wear them all the time in my homecountry and nobody has a problem with that here....... If you refuse me that right I will claim all my freedom rights has been molested in a national newspaper.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is Tibe that these barbarians want it all their way. They want to impose their medieval culture on you but want to restrict you when you visit their country.

Western, You accuse the Germans of having no anaylitical skills and yet they have a standard of living 20 times higher than most Muslim countries. Who really lacks these skills?

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
It very rare to find a pro-islamic article....

No, it's not.
It would be fair to discuss whether the media in general is biased or whether the negative articles about Islam outnumber the positive ones, but to say that positive and comprehensive information about Islam can hardly be found in the German media is simply not correct.

I posted links to a couple of articles regarding this subject here in case you're interested but will not get into this discussion again since I know what I say won't be heard or taken seriously anyway.

Btw ... there's a long and interesting article about society and religion in Egypt in the current issue of the German weekly "Die Zeit" ... for those who read German.
[Smile]
http://www.zeit.de/2006/21/Islam-verstehen_xml

ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah but what the hell have clothes to do with anything, this woman has a right to wear what she wants in what ever country, I would feel violated in the same way if it happened to me, if you believe in something so strongly then it is your right to do what you like, and not be laughed at and ridiculed for it.

--------------------
Do you think I look like George Clooney!!!

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Dalia, If I were a Muslim I would not live in Germany.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Dalia*
Member # 10593

You should be more concerned about being recognized as an American if you came to Germany. [Big Grin]
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
If they saw me walking down the street dalia they would think I was German, as would you.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Why, cos your white?

There are white muslims [Roll Eyes] with red hair too, you know [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
--
here...

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Germans are more than just white western. They have a particular head and body type that differs from say Slavs. The typical german has a more squared head as opposed to a slavic rounded one. All white people are not the same. I agree there are many white muslims. That stands to reason as most in the middle east are caucasians.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ninky:
yeah but what the hell have clothes to do with anything, this woman has a right to wear what she wants in what ever country, I would feel violated in the same way if it happened to me, if you believe in something so strongly then it is your right to do what you like, and not be laughed at and ridiculed for it.

Ok I love to sunbath topless - Can you assure me that I will not get harrased or have any problems when I do that next week in Egypt??????????????
Also I plan on arrive in the Airport in my miniskirt which offcourse is ok in a openminded country like that........................ [Roll Eyes]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Germans are more than just white western. They have a particular head and body type that differs from say Slavs. The typical german has a more squared head as opposed to a slavic rounded one.

Actually I have slavic features. I guess this doesn't make me a 'typical' German. You know what, Horemheb, you and Sonomod are just the same. Please stick to things you know about. And stop looking at WWII pictures, not everyone is looking square-headed here with blonde hair and blue eyes.... [Roll Eyes]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
Ok I love to sunbath topless - Can you assure me that I will not get harrased or have any problems when I do that next week in Egypt??????????????
Also I plan on arrive in the Airport in my miniskirt which offcourse is ok in a openminded country like that........................ [Roll Eyes]

Tibe, you are traveling to a holiday destination, Hurghada correct? Of course you can arrive in a miniskirt or whatever, locals are used to sights like that and even with the topless sunbathing you will not have any problems (although I'm not sure about the Hilton or the Marriott), Egyptians tolerate this, they ain't not going to stop you from doing that, the money from the tourists count more then protect their own values. I complaint to a hotel manager two years ago about that problem, female tourists would sunbath topless, no one of the Egyptian personnel was eager to remind them where they were, the service people would be busy staring at boobs instead of doing their jobs, no signs (yeah they could put them up), nothing. He smiled and said that they tried that before and these tourists would get very upset and that's not what they wanted. Very lame answer, isn't it?
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
I was just tying to prove a point. Im not into sunbathing topless or miniskirts. Its just that people should respect and obey the rules of the land the are in and this seems to be so hard fore some muslims. There is no humaliating in uncovering a head to see if the photo and the describtion matches the person behind the clothes.This is a normal safty precation in these terror days....
Ichigo
Member # 10434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ichigo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saudi woman said:“Under her insistence, I requested her to conduct the inspection in a separate room"

the woman was not against showing her face but in a separate room like any normal airport. people are inspected in separate room and not on public , in case you didn't know.

what i find it strange that westerners used to call for women liberty in the middle east , and that women are under pressure to wear the veil , and no one cared to notice that the Saudi woman was put under pressure to uncover and against her own will.

Posts: 184 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
Munich Airport Fires Official for Roughing Up Saudi Woman

JEDDAH, 15 May 2006 — The Munich airport authorities will dismiss an official who humiliated a Saudi woman during security check, according to the German Embassy in Riyadh.
The authorities investigated the alleged ill-treatment of the Saudi woman passenger in Munich airport recently and found it to be against the code of conduct for employees in German airports, Al-Watan newspaper reported quoting an embassy statement.

“There are clear instructions that officials must be courteous and respectful to passengers, in addition to being considerate of the wishes of passengers who want to be searched behind screens,” the statement said.

The embassy maintained that the passenger was not humiliated or struck but only touched on her shoulders. The Saudi woman, however, reiterated her charge that the male official abused and struck her.

According to the embassy statement, the security check at Munich airport on May 8 did not exceed the limits of courteousness. The woman was not abused, humiliated or beaten and the search was conducted in a private room as she wished.

On the other hand, the behavior of a male official after the completion of the security check was in violation of instructions given to airport officials. He talked to her harshly and touched her shoulder. This is an unacceptable way of dealing with passengers even though he apologized to her later, the statement said.

“The offending official was suspended from his work after preliminary inquiries and will be dismissed,” it added.
The embassy also conveyed an apology from the Munich airport for the unbecoming behavior of an individual saying, “The unfortunate incident should not lead to the wrong impression that we do not welcome our guests and are not hospitable to them.”

The Saudi woman who was mistreated at the airport demanded that a German woman official who carried out the security check should be punished too because the official abused her and threatened her with preventing her from boarding the plane.
The woman also rejected the German Embassy’s claim that the male security official did not strike her but only touched her shoulder. She reiterated that he struck her and, but for her daughter’s interference, the blow could have fallen on her face. She also denied the embassy claim that the man offered an apology.

Another official, she said, did in fact apologize to her. She pointed out that the truth of her statements could be verified by checking the recordings of the surveillance cameras at the airport.

Abdul Ilah Al-Shoaibi, a Saudi diplomat in Germany, said: “We are following up the matter. An official of the Munich airport has informed us of the decision to suspend the errant official.”
Al-Shoaibi added that the official was an employee of a contracting company and that neither he nor his company represented the airport authorities.

Source

Dalia, this story gets better by the minute. Now suddenly she says she was even strucked by an airport employee? What about accusing someone of sexual harrassment? I mean he touched her shoulder, didn't he? [Roll Eyes]

Please post a link to a non-biased point of view.

Of course they have to fire someone even if nothing happened. The Saudis bring a lot of money into our country and this incident stired some incredible commotion among Arabs.

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Next time the lady should take the train or stay home - its a dangerous world outthere. She might risk somebody bumping into her........
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
why did'nt she just use ups?

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com