EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Sign the petition for "Free Alaa"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sign the petition for "Free Alaa"
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's grungy, his hair is unkept, he doesn't shave (much), and his wife is cute.

http://action.humanrightsfirst.org/campaign/Alaa/

For more info on Alaa the blogger:

http://freealaa.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oah similar to my name ABD EL GALIL [Roll Eyes]
Abdel Geleel was set free.

Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jun 20, 2:07 PM EDT

Egyptian Blogger Is Ordered Released

By NADIA ABOU EL-MAGD
Associated Press Writer

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- Alaa Abdel Fattah, an Egyptian blogger who was arrested during pro-democracy protests last month and continued to blog from his cell, was ordered released Tuesday, his wife and police said.

The security prosecutor, who reviews detentions every 15 days, ordered his release. But Manal Hassan, his wife, told The Associated Press he's not expected to be freed before Wednesday evening or Thursday because of paperwork.

Police officials confirmed the release order and that it might take up to two days to implement it. They spoke on condition of anonymity as they are not authorized to speak with the media.

Abdel-Fattah appeared Tuesday at the prosecutor's office for the hearing. After the release order was issued, Hassan, 23, wrote on the blog: "It was the happiest time, and I was chanting 'Down with (President) Hosni Mubarak,' as Alaa was taken back from the prosecutors' office to prison in a police van."

Abdel Fattah and Hassan's blog - called Manalaa (http://www.manalaa.net ) a combination of their first names - has become one of the most popular pro-democracy voices in Egypt.

Abdel Fattah, 24, was arrested May 7 along with 10 other pro-democracy activists during a rally in front of a Cairo court in support of other detained activists. While in prison, he continued to post messages on the blog by sneaking out written notes.

Police arrested secular activists as well as hundreds of Muslim Brotherhood members in a crackdown launched during a wave of protests in April and May in support of two reformist judges who blew the whistle on alleged fraud during parliament elections last year.

Last month, a judiciary panel reprimanded one judge and cleared the other.

The Manalaa blog, launched two years ago and written in a mixture of English and Arabic, was awarded a 2005 best blog prize by Reporters Without Borders and German media Deutsche Welle.

A photo of Abdel Fattah, with his long, curly hair and scraggly beard, was posted on many Internet sites campaigning for his release. His hair was shaved off completely just after his arrest.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EGYPT_JAILED_BLOGGER?SITE=TXCLU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hosni Mubarak don't seem that bad...

I mean he not saddam or anything, and he does have a difficult job, as far as limited resorces, and a country breeding like rabbits.

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
a country breeding like rabbits.

Kinda like your grandparents?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com