EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » question about egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question about egypt
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was sitting in a lobby, in sharm el sheik...waiting for my tour guide/ tourist..

and I looked over and there was a middle eastern family, sitting in the lobby too...about 20 ft. away from them was some lil oreinatal girl, probably around 10 or 11...she had a maids outfit on, and she was stareing at the family....just then she got up, went across the room and adjusted a boys tie in the family, the boy had to be about 16....

then she went back and continued to stare at the family...

it was clear she was a servant...

but something about it seemed so wrong..because she was allmost reduced to a robot...

I mentioned that it was wrong, to a fellow tourist who was an american lady about 40 years old..and she said "who are you to say anything about it"

I informed her I was an american, and she said "so"....

then I asked if she would want to trade places with the young oriental girl..

after that all I heard was silence....

what do y'all think about this?

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
I was sitting in a lobby, in sharm el sheik...waiting for my tour guide/ tourist..

and I looked over and there was a middle eastern family, sitting in the lobby too...about 20 ft. away from them was some lil oreinatal girl, probably around 10 or 11...she had a maids outfit on, and she was stareing at the family....just then she got up, went across the room and adjusted a boys tie in the family, the boy had to be about 16....

then she went back and continued to stare at the family...

it was clear she was a servant...

but something about it seemed so wrong..because she was allmost reduced to a robot...

I mentioned that it was wrong, to a fellow tourist who was an american lady about 40 years old..and she said "who are you to say anything about it"

I informed her I was an american, and she said "so"....

then I asked if she would want to trade places with the young oriental girl..

after that all I heard was silence....

what do y'all think about this?

Hmm, the child could be a daughter of the family's maid. Hence the child is mimicing what she sees her mother doing.

And oriental isn't politically correct, its "asian".

Gulf Arab families often have SE Asian maids. At least this family was generous to allow their maid to keep their daughter with her in the Arab Gulf.

Though I find the Gulf Arabs dispicable on how they treat non-Gulf Arabs (exception being westerners).

This fellow tourist wasn't American by chance was she?

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes she was

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whats wrong with oriental??

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com