EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » North Korea: broken, bankrupt, but still kicking.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: North Korea: broken, bankrupt, but still kicking.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13704198/

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Wednesday the failure of North Korea’s long-range missile test does not lessen the need to push the communist regime to give up its nuclear weapons program.

What was North Korea thinking??

Apparently that even though they are a bankrupt and destitute communist dictatorial on its last legs, they are still a "force" to be reckoned with, and that their message was directed especially towards the US with the missile launches made during the nation's official birthday July 4th is not to be denied.

Condaleeza Rice, and who knows how many others I've heard on the news describe the action in the same exact word-- "provocative".

As several correspondants have put it, "North Korea is like a small bratty child throwing a tantrum. If they feel ignored, they will just make an outburst to get attention." Only problem is that this "child" possesses the capabilities of using weapons of mass destruction, particularly nuclear weapons.

This "child" has gotten itself into a real bind. Because not only does it have the US to contend with but its close neighbors, South Korea and especially Japan are not having it!

China is the only nation so far with close ties to North Korea (and the main source of food for its citizens). Many expect China to quell its communist ally. But what does one commy say to the other about this little affair?

And what about the biggest, brattiest, and I dare say ugliest child of them all-- the leader of North Korea Kim Jong-ill-minded?

http://www.dictatorofthemonth.com/Il/bigkim.jpg

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some countries in the Middle East have already begun to complain of why Bush hasn't called for an invasion of North Korea.

Some think it is because North Korea has nuclear power while Iraq does not. If so, a terrible message is being made.

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just think they believe their plate is full right now. Iran is surrounded by american/uk forces with our fleet in the gulf off their coast. The primiary reason for being in Iraq in the first place is to keep the Iranins in check and see to it that Islamo facists do not get a handle on half the oil supply for the world economy. Most nations in the middle east support our policy because they do not want to see iran gain power and the markets threatened.
Who knows what they'll do with north korea. My guess is nothing unless they have to.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Agreed, but I would still keep my eye on Korea.

They say Kim Jong Ill-minded is a very controlling and calculating type. It's one thing to play games with his neigbors, especially Japan but to play games with the US will only lead to trouble (for HIM more than us).

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know we would still be trouble for Nth Korea, but why focus on Iraq's weapons of destruction, and not NK's. I know we liberated Iraq, but was Iraq an example to other countries, or a practice punching bag/aiming target?

Alot of people vastly underestimate the U.S.'s military power. Like these two kids in my school (@r@bs think "Iran won't take any sh!t", that "they'll kick the US's *ss out" [Roll Eyes]

And when we first invaded Iraq my uncle was saying "Iraq didn't have anything to do with Osama(which I concer with), I don't see them invading Iran or North Korea"

I just wanted to hear others' opinions.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The world oil supply is the problem in the middle east. If you let it fall into the hands of islamo-facists you run the risk of a world economic disaster. The chatterling left wingers do not have enough basic education on how the global economy works to understand the issues.
The United states and most middle east nations (who support us by the way) will never let that happen. Let them chatter on, nobody is listening.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^Agreed, but I would still keep my eye on Korea.

They say Kim Jong Ill-minded is a very controlling and calculating type. It's one thing to play games with his neigbors, especiall Japan but to play games with the US will only lead to trouble (for HIM more than us).

I agree... If things get too serious with Korea
Bush will not take any **** from them..

btw, you & I live in the same city. Atlanta Rocks!!!

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hore, oil-dependence is one of the major problems of the U.S. If we get rid of the need for oil at least the Mid-East's oil then the Islamo-facsists will have no revenue.

Already our scientists are working on alternative forms of energy, and there are other rich deposits of fossil fuels outside the Mid-East including in our own nation's yards, so to speak.

If the US focuses its energies into one spot (say the Mid-East) for too long, it will leave us vulnerable to attacks from enemies from somewhere else (say N. Korea).

By the way Sindee, the ATL is the sh*t! [Big Grin]

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
great point Djehuti.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
an antiChrist

http://www.robpongi.com/pages/comboKIMJONGIL.html

truth

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6951629397402742053&q=north+korea

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

By the way Sindee, the ATL is the sh*t! [Big Grin]

I wished you did like Atlanta better. I know it's full of gays but it is my hometown!!!
Temporarily only!!!!! [Smile]

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You misunderstand my comments, Sindee. I DO Luv Atlanta! It's the best city in the south!

You must be crazy to say the city is "full of gays". Of course like every major city, it has a gay area or section, but it would be ridiculous to say the whole city is full of gays! It's not like San francisco!

foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Sorry You're right. I spend a lot of time in Midtown and I guess you know that is the "Gay" area. Anyway, I am glad you do like Atlanta.
I was actually born here, left, came back & will leave again this winter...

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess US can't open no more front end areas to fight at, there failure campaign in Iraq, afganistan and the current situation in middle east, this gives a very good oppertunity for korea to do whatever they want .. don't u think.
about the oil, man you need a lot to learn about politics .. for a start loose your arrogance yound man

Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com