EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » U.S. Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: U.S. Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bibo1978:
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
News fore you - People original from the west are light skinned. - like people from africa is dark skinned. I never mentioned that I dont like dark people - damm it your dumb woman - Im in love with a very dark muslim wonderfull egyptian man and i wanna marry him and have his babies. How can I be a racist????? I dont think you know what the word means.......try look it up R-A-C-I-S-T

You forgot to tell us that this boyfriend is from the lower race and yet you have pitied him with your glamours love, I dunno but if what you are claiming is true then this man if he knows that about you, this mean he have a very low self-esteem, no dignity at all and he deserves more, that he will see in his life
Tell me exactly where I said that people of another race or religion is lower than me!!!!!! [Mad] -I never claimed to be a part of any superior race. All people are full of good and bad sides no matter what type of skin colour or religion.
Apperantly you dont know how to read....

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ispy:
Hizbullah...they started the conflict in Lebanon

[Roll Eyes] yet another American media parrot!
Let me makes this clear : I DONT SUPPORT ISREALS ACTIONS AT ALL. But you can hardly keep on claiming that the jews or and the state controls the media in the US. You and a hole lot of others are contstantly copying and posting articles written and printed in american news papers. That shows the media is independent and objective.
Tibe, I wasn't addressing you with that comment, you will know when I do.

If I copy articles from western newspapers, it means that the article reflects a point of view I wish to share, it doesn't mean that the western media as a whole is independent and objective [Roll Eyes] I have never claimed that the Jews and State controls all the media in the US...you must be confusing me with someone else...you're maaking your usual homogeneity mistake again!

Unfortunately Newcomer many many media reports from UK and mainland Europe are mirroring the same reports in the USA. Pretending that its only a US media that is narrow in its scope is just ludicris, many media outlets in UK and Europe recieve their information straight from the IDF and don't balance the report with eye-witness Arab accounts.
Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To add or clarify the title of this thread "US Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis" keep in mind the hundreds of parts that make up one single missle or bomb.

Ever heard of a "Supply Chain" or "Channel Distribution"?

the global defense industry, and notice how I used the term "global" to define the defense industry is just that, global.

Lockhead Martin, United Defense and other "defense" corporations gather their supply chain from thousands of suppliers. Many chip boards that guide missles are made by Muslims in Malaysia or Indonesia. yet some people think that the "global" industry of defense or what I consider the "war" industry is entirely produced in the USA. It isn't.

Newcomer why not take some time and track down the "war" industry's supply chain. Then ask the Muslim dominated nations whose citizens work for corporations that supply Lockhead Martin and United Defense to stop producing the parts that supply the "war" industry.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it so hard to understand that we have a free and independent press, - with journalist spreed all over the world writing eyewitness stories. They literally stand on tv with bombs blowing up in the background.
I think you should take a look at the government controlled media in many other countries in the middle east. They are not allowed to have their own opinion.

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
Why is it so hard to understand that we have a free and independent press, - with journalist spreed all over the world writing eyewitness stories. They literally stand on tv with bombs blowing up in the background.
I think you should take a look at the government controlled media in many other countries in the middle east. They are not allowed to have their own opinion.

Tibe many European nations have a "National" press. And there are hundreds of by-laws, policies that determine whether its fit for print or if it is aired on Television.

Even a private media house has to answer to advertisers. Often European governments can put limits on who advertises when and where.

Its indirect, just like in the USA. Murdoch pioneered the approach.

The Americans can thank the French for the Statue of Liberty and the Giant Bastard Murdoch who manages to do the opposite of what the big hunk of copper stands for in the center of Manhattan harbor.

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
In Denmark you are not allowed advertising fore alcohol or cigarets - thats it. We dont have any national press. They print exactly what they want. They critize/make fun of our primeminister daily, our queen and all other. There has never never been any kind of involvement from the government in the media. then the media would be all over the politicians if they tryed to limit their freedom of speech. - we have never had any journalist in prison fore something he/she wrote. This goes fore all EU countries. - can you say the same about the middle east?????
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
This goes fore all EU countries.

PROVE IT
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by awrah:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Let me makes this clear : I DONT SUPPORT ISREALS ACTIONS AT ALL. But you can hardly keep on claiming that the jews or and the state controls the media in the US. You and a hole lot of others are contstantly copying and posting articles written and printed in american news papers. That shows the media is independent and objective.

If I copy articles from western newspapers, it means that the article reflects a point of view I wish to share, it doesn't mean that the western media as a whole is independent and objective [Roll Eyes] I have never claimed that the Jews and State controls all the media in the US...you must be confusing me with someone else...you're maaking your usual homogeneity mistake again!

Unfortunately Newcomer many many media reports from UK and mainland Europe are mirroring the same reports in the USA. Pretending that its only a US media that is narrow in its scope is just ludicris, many media outlets in UK and Europe recieve their information straight from the IDF and don't balance the report with eye-witness Arab accounts.
sonomod-alias-awrah, my comment about the American press was a facetious comment to ispy-alias-Morgan, who makes similar comments to anyone who espouses a point of view he/she doesn't happen to agree with. If you notice in this quote I later broaden out my comment to the western press, and if both you and Tibe bother to read other comments of mine in this thread you will also see that I criticize the Eastern press. All newspapers around the world are biased, influenced by their political/social/religious affiliations, and some are more controlled than others admittedly, especially in the East, but to try to pretend that the western press is free of this is just plain naive.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
sonomod-alias-awrah, my comment about the American press was a facetious comment to ispy-alias-Morgan, who makes similar comments to anyone who espouses a point of view he/she doesn't happen to agree with. If you notice in this quote I later broaden out my comment to the western press, and if both you and Tibe bother to read other comments of mine in this thread you will also see that I criticize the Eastern press. All newspapers around the world are biased, influenced by their political/social/religious affiliations, and some are more controlled than others admittedly, especially in the East, but to try to pretend that the western press is free of this is just plain naive.

Okay you make this statement in hindsight.

And if Morgan/Ispy irritates you that much you'd remember Morgan is Danish like Tibe.

You made this statement above in hindsight, not to clarify.

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
This goes fore all EU countries.

PROVE IT
Easy - no journalists in jail. and in your country???
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agrre with some of what your saying. I just think its logic that a news paper is "coloured" by the people who work there. Their religious and political does affect their articles, - that naturally. But I can garantee you that no politicians interfer in the journalist freedom of speech as long as they dont preach hate and voilence.
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Okay you make this statement in hindsight.

And if Morgan/Ispy irritates you that much you'd remember Morgan is Danish like Tibe.

You made this statement above in hindsight, not to clarify.

No.

I am well aware of that possibility but nationality has absolutly nothing to do with whether or not either of them may or may not "irritate me".

And again, no!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tibe
check out Al jazeera they have a news website in English, They have won many international journalistic awards for fair and unbiased reporting, they do give both sides of the story.
Also, take the time to check that link i suggested in 'just for Mike' . Really, do it, read it, think.
I don't know why I waste my time with you, maybe i want you to be a better person.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
To add or clarify the title of this thread "US Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis" keep in mind the hundreds of parts that make up one single missle or bomb.

Newcomer why not take some time and track down the "war" industry's supply chain. Then ask the Muslim dominated nations whose citizens work for corporations that supply Lockhead Martin and United Defense to stop producing the parts that supply the "war" industry.

The title of this thread came from the New York Times article that I posted to share with people, if you don't like it, complain to Mr. Cloud and Ms. Cooper.

If you want to post some articles about the global supply chain, feel free. I'm sure that there are many many nations throughout the world who some way or other are profiteering off war, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Animists, Taoists, Buddhists, Athiests and Communist.

Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desperate Housewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Americans need to be on the streets screaming at their government to stop this!

U.S. Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis
By DAVID S. CLOUD and HELENE COOPER

WASHINGTON, July 21 — The Bush administration is rushing a delivery of precision-guided bombs to Israel, which requested the expedited shipment last week after beginning its air campaign against Hezbollah targets in Lebanon, American officials said Friday.

The decision to quickly ship the weapons to Israel was made with relatively little debate within the Bush administration, the officials said. Its disclosure threatens to anger Arab governments and others because of the appearance that the United States is actively aiding the Israeli bombing campaign in a way that could be compared to Iran’s efforts to arm and resupply Hezbollah.

The munitions that the United States is sending to Israel are part of a multimillion-dollar arms sale package approved last year that Israel is able to draw on as needed, the officials said. But Israel’s request for expedited delivery of the satellite and laser-guided bombs was described as unusual by some military officers, and as an indication that Israel still had a long list of targets in Lebanon to strike.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Friday that she would head to Israel on Sunday at the beginning of a round of Middle Eastern diplomacy. The original plan was to include a stop to Cairo in her travels, but she did not announce any stops in Arab capitals.

Instead, the meeting of Arab and European envoys planned for Cairo will take place in Italy, Western diplomats said. While Arab governments initially criticized Hezbollah for starting the fight with Israel in Lebanon, discontent is rising in Arab countries over the number of civilian casualties in Lebanon, and the governments have become wary of playing host to Ms. Rice until a cease-fire package is put together.

To hold the meetings in an Arab capital before a diplomatic solution is reached, said Martin S. Indyk, a former American ambassador to Israel, “would have identified the Arabs as the primary partner of the United States in this project at a time where Hezbollah is accusing the Arab leaders of providing cover for the continuation of Israel’s military operation.”

The decision to stay away from Arab countries for now is a markedly different strategy from the shuttle diplomacy that previous administrations used to mediate in the Middle East. “I have no interest in diplomacy for the sake of returning Lebanon and Israel to the status quo ante,” Ms. Rice said Friday. “I could have gotten on a plane and rushed over and started shuttling around, and it wouldn’t have been clear what I was shuttling to do.”

Before Ms. Rice heads to Israel on Sunday, she will join President Bush at the White House for discussions on the Middle East crisis with two Saudi envoys, Saud al-Faisal, the foreign minister, and Prince Bandar bin Sultan, the secretary general of the National Security Council.

The new American arms shipment to Israel has not been announced publicly, and the officials who described the administration’s decision to rush the munitions to Israel would discuss it only after being promised anonymity. The officials included employees of two government agencies, and one described the shipment as just one example of a broad array of armaments that the United States has long provided Israel.

One American official said the shipment should not be compared to the kind of an “emergency resupply” of dwindling Israeli stockpiles that was provided during the 1973 Arab-Israeli war, when an American military airlift helped Israel recover from early Arab victories.

David Siegel, a spokesman for the Israeli Embassy in Washington, said: “We have been using precision-guided munitions in order to neutralize the military capabilities of Hezbollah and to minimize harm to civilians. As a rule, however, we do not comment on Israel’s defense acquisitions.”

Israel’s need for precision munitions is driven in part by its strategy in Lebanon, which includes destroying hardened underground bunkers where Hezbollah leaders are said to have taken refuge, as well as missile sites and other targets that would be hard to hit without laser and satellite-guided bombs.

Pentagon and military officials declined to describe in detail the size and contents of the shipment to Israel, and they would not say whether the munitions were being shipped by cargo aircraft or some other means. But an arms-sale package approved last year provides authority for Israel to purchase from the United States as many as 100 GBU-28’s, which are 5,000-pound laser-guided bombs intended to destroy concrete bunkers. The package also provides for selling satellite-guided munitions.

An announcement in 2005 that Israel was eligible to buy the “bunker buster” weapons described the GBU-28 as “a special weapon that was developed for penetrating hardened command centers located deep underground.” The document added, “The Israeli Air Force will use these GBU-28’s on their F-15 aircraft.”

American officials said that once a weapons purchase is approved, it is up to the buyer nation to set up a timetable. But one American official said normal procedures usually do not include rushing deliveries within days of a request. That was done because Israel is a close ally in the midst of hostilities, the official said.

Although Israel had some precision guided bombs in its stockpile when the campaign in Lebanon began, the Israelis may not have taken delivery of all the weapons they were entitled to under the 2005 sale.

Israel said its air force had dropped 23 tons of explosives Wednesday night alone in Beirut, in an effort to penetrate what was believed to be a bunker used by senior Hezbollah officials.

A senior Israeli official said Friday that the attacks to date had degraded Hezbollah’s military strength by roughly half, but that the campaign could go on for two more weeks or longer. “We will stay heavily with the air campaign,” he said. “There’s no time limit. We will end when we achieve our goals.”

The Bush administration announced Thursday a military equipment sale to Saudi Arabia, worth more than $6 billion, a move that may in part have been aimed at deflecting inevitable Arab government anger at the decision to supply Israel with munitions in the event that effort became public.

On Friday, Bush administration officials laid out their plans for the diplomatic strategy that Ms. Rice will pursue. In Rome, the United States will try to hammer out a diplomatic package that will offer Lebanon incentives under the condition that a United Nations resolution, which calls for the disarming of Hezbollah, is implemented.

Diplomats will also try to figure out the details around an eventual international peacekeeping force, and which countries will contribute to it. Germany and Russia have both indicated that they would be willing to contribute forces; Ms. Rice said the United States was unlikely to.

Implicit in the eventual diplomatic package is a cease-fire. But a senior American official said it remained unclear whether, under such a plan, Hezbollah would be asked to retreat from southern Lebanon and commit to a cease-fire, or whether American diplomats might depend on Israel’s continued bombardment to make Hezbollah’s acquiescence irrelevant.

Daniel Ayalon, Israel’s ambassador to Washington, said that Israel would not rule out an international force to police the borders of Lebanon and Syria and to patrol southern Lebanon, where Hezbollah has had a stronghold. But he said that Israel was first determined to take out Hezbollah’s command and control centers and weapons stockpiles.

Thom Shanker contributed report
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/22/world/middleeast/22military.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

I'm not surprised by this at all. I hate to sound like a conspirator theorist, but the Bush family has been involved in Arms dealership since before WWII, its all a part of the Skull and Bones New World Order.

U.S. gives billions of aid to Israel, Israel in turn uses such AID to apend right back on U.S. Arms weapons, which to money essentially goes into the pockets of all those investors in Arms Dealers. Just like Oil money, American invetors also make billions off arms dealership. They cant possibly do this during Peace Time now could they, ask yourself why everytime a Bush is in office, there is a war.

His grandfather ironically used to supply the Nazi with weapons.

Americans should also be concerned with reports of war profiteering and billions of tax money going un accounted for but they are blinded by media hypocrisy as usual.

Posts: 37 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
You think Bush is running everything and all other americans are like trained puppies, - that doesn't go hand in hand when you express how dum he is. If he can do all that himself, - then he must be a very clever man.........
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
jessie, please provide your address, I'l nail it with a rocket, then we will sit down at a candle light dinner, and you can, express your love for me...

ok???

[Wink]

well tell me your address and I will gather a gang and come to your house kill your wife and children and throw you out. and while you are out I will let my gang follow you all over the streets, through you with 50 ton rockets and if you tried to fight back or even through my house with stones a 10 kg rockett I will go to the fair justice of mine and get the sentence that you are to be sent to death because you are TERRORIST
Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Because an independent press is not a press that you claim is independent, independent press is the press that shows you both sides of the coin, your opnion shouldn't be the press opnion. Press should be fair and away favoring one on the other, and it should be so when you are not the one whom is fighting yet just see the media and if you are fair, you can see the favoring
Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well I totally agree with this but I believe that the arabic press should be biased because of the link between arabs , there is ethenical and religious links plus a total support from people to lebanese ordeal, yet the west is not jewish and the don't have any links to them other than some countries which makes it strange to be biased to some point especially when there is no interest in favoring some parity on the other
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com