EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Propaganda

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Propaganda
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum is the must hatefull and propaganda filled place I ever has come across, - why dont people try to focus some positive energy on what can be done to solve the conflict insted of throwing more tree on a already burning fire.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tibe we are bonkers thats why ,it is a hateful and a training ground for propaganda and hate ,it is watched and watched recently ,cus its being used for apurpose with a certain person ,,so look out and u will see ..
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
This forum is the must hatefull and propaganda filled place I ever has come across, - why dont people try to focus some positive energy on what can be done to solve the conflict insted of throwing more tree on a already burning fire.

I'm afraid your comment once again indicates that you are leading a fairly sheltered existence, Tibe...there is much more hate for what is happening in Lebanon than you are seeing here in ES. But everyone here is quite rightfully angry, devastated, feeling helpless, and yes, you're right...we all hate what we are seeing happening to families and children as a result of this war. Is it any wonder we are venting some of it here?

When we hear that this war has apparently been in the planning for ages and is being fought by an army that has the military backing of the US, against a country that has no viable army of its own since the Syrian troops were kicked out under political duress last year, and which therefore relies on a local militia as its legal resistance against Israel (and that is the legal position of Hizbullah in Lebanon now...a local resistance group that is affiliated to a democratically elected political party in the country), we have a right to be angry and hate it!

The US and Israel certainly pick their targets well; not one of these recent wars was fought against a country with a viable army of its own, and yet they come in with all their military might, power, and illegal weapons, and still can’t make everyone toe the line!

As to propaganda…would you prefer us to post articles saying that Israel is once again being victimised by yet another little terrorist group that has no reason to hate them because all they want is peace, and if they don’t kill all the civilians and destroy all the infrastructure of a country that has just recovered from a terrible civil war they might leave a hiding place for a nascent terrorist who might attack them when he has grown up? Come on Tibe, we have all heard that story; we are trying to show the other side of the picture here...to put some balance into what we are usually being told in the media.

If you want to find some positive energy in all this mess, please go ahead, be my guest! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always pointed out that I dont agree one bit with Isreals attacks on Lebanon.

But keep posting hate articles doesn't help anyone or anything. Sorry that I was trying to ask people to any suggestions on how to make peace. Apperently that is not what you want, - agressive words and propaganda is so much more fun.

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
If you want to find some positive energy in all this mess, please go ahead, be my guest! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
You forgot all of the other "nice words" and propaganda you had in that post.........
POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for POW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you forgot that its called FREE SPEECH. period
Posts: 209 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by POW:
you forgot that its called FREE SPEECH. period

Not in the country you live in........... [Embarrassed]
POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for POW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can find everything in my country if you can afford it. and the price of free speech is so high
unless you stand behind bars it becomes totally free. but what's the use of free speech with a bubble head like yours! when you don't know the difference between free speech and propaganda.

Posts: 209 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
You defendtly know a thing or 2 about propaganda.....How many pro hizbollah articles have you printed in the last 2-3 days.
POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
quote:
You defendtly know a thing or 2 about propaganda.....How many pro hizbollah articles have you printed in the last 2-3 days.

none. all my posts were about the atrocities made against lebanon , palestine and iraq. if you consider this as supporting hezbollah then it's your problem not mine

...is that why all my threads were deleted?
because some people can't read

Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desperate Housewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I'm afraid your comment once again indicates that you are leading a fairly sheltered existence, Tibe...there is much more hate for what is happening in Lebanon than you are seeing here in ES. But everyone here is quite rightfully angry, devastated, feeling helpless, and yes, you're right...we all hate what we are seeing happening to families and children as a result of this war. Is it any wonder we are venting some of it here?

When we hear that this war has apparently been in the planning for ages and is being fought by an army that has the military backing of the US, against a country that has no viable army of its own since the Syrian troops were kicked out under political duress last year, and which therefore relies on a local militia as its legal resistance against Israel (and that is the legal position of Hizbullah in Lebanon now...a local resistance group that is affiliated to a democratically elected political party in the country), we have a right to be angry and hate it!

The US and Israel certainly pick their targets well; not one of these recent wars was fought against a country with a viable army of its own, and yet they come in with all their military might, power, and illegal weapons, and still can’t make everyone toe the line!

As to propaganda…would you prefer us to post articles saying that Israel is once again being victimised by yet another little terrorist group that has no reason to hate them because all they want is peace, and if they don’t kill all the civilians and destroy all the infrastructure of a country that has just recovered from a terrible civil war they might leave a hiding place for a nascent terrorist who might attack them when he has grown up? Come on Tibe, we have all heard that story; we are trying to show the other side of the picture here...to put some balance into what we are usually being told in the media.

Well said Newwcomer I agree with what you say and how eloquently you put it. We need some place to vent our frustrations and anger. It's painful to see whats going on and feeling helpless that the US government is ignoring the cries of its people. It does what the hell it wants to!
Posts: 37 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

none. all my posts were about the atrocities made against lebanon , palestine and iraq. if you consider this as supporting hezbollah then it's your problem not mine

Apperently others find it just as one-way-minded as I do........
POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
you have a one way mind and that's for sure
newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
You forgot all of the other "nice words" and propaganda you had in that post.........

Tibe, I gave you the chance to break the cycle of hate and to stand up and be the hero (to quote your favourite tv "shrink"!)...but instead you chose to spit out yet another negative comment! If you really want some postive energy and to look for suggestions for peace, please take the lead and show us what sort of thing you would like to see.
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Do you honestly think that your post was a positive invitation????????

I would like somebody to share some ideas how the conflict. Not the usually stuff about who did what and when and how...blablabla. The past is not changeable but the future is.

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Do you honestly think that your post was a positive invitation????????

I would like somebody to share some ideas how the conflict. Not the usually stuff about who did what and when and how...blablabla. The past is not changeable but the future is.

Compared to yours, I think it stood a good chance of being called so, but perhaps I'm being a subjective human being again [Wink]

Ok, Tibe, tell us how you think that the future can be changed in the Middle East. How we can have a sustainable peace with all countries in the region retaining their sovereignty, and how we can get some positive energy going here.

POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
quote:
The past is not changeable but the future is.

easy for you to say...go tell this line for lebanese mothers watching their children burning..while the Red Cross bombed on the road and the UN peacekeepers
dead all in fornt of her eyes. [Mad] [Roll Eyes]

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
So what you suggest is to go bomb some isreali children.......?
POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
no bubble head , but the UN was going to condemn the israeli attack and ask for a cease-fire if not for the US VETO against the resolution.

Israeli jet-fighters are bombing lebanon in case you didn't notice.

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
UN has condemned the israeli attacks. Your childish name calling doesn't get you much sympathy it only shows that you are not capable of participating in a mature debate........
POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
debate!! [Big Grin]
you think what you do is is called a debate?
i've been explaining things for your pathetic
replies about the crisis in lebanon , while
all you care about is the free press in west.

spend some time reading the news or watch tv
instead of the rosy pinky world you're living in,
then tell me about the past is past and let's think about the future [Roll Eyes]

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
What you are doing is posting one sided propaganda. Do you ever take a minute to think about the many schoolkids hamas/hizbollah has blown up?
POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
yes and i feel sorry for them same as i feel sorry for the lebanese kids. my deepest sympathy for all parents both sides.

and if you really care for the children , send them a message and ask them to stay away from cluster bombs that they are sending to lebanese children as presents.

[URL=yes and i feel sorry for them same as i feel sorry for the lebanese kids. my deepest sympathy for all parents both sides.]Are Israeli children signing bombs, as ‘gifts’ to the Lebanese children ?[/URL]

POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
Are Israeli children signing bombs, as ‘gifts’ to the Lebanese children ?
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
So the israeli kids are born and raised evil....
I think I will jump out of this hopeless unintelligent discussion.

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
quote:
quote:

But I thought you believed in freedom of speech Tibe, or is that just when people say things that you agree with?

Why aren't you angry when those articles, that came from the free western press, were censored here?

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

two words: MESSAGE BOARD

[Roll Eyes]

speaking of propaganda:
http://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspot.com/2006/07/shocked-at-israeli-atrocities-dont-be.html

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tibe , you are talking to muslims, they were trained to hate israel from the day they were born..

as long as you understand that, then the rest is a peice of cake..because you automaticly know what they are thinking..

I mean sure muslims want peace, as long as that peace involves driveing israel into the sea..otherwise they won't budge...this is why israel has had to become a military power to survive and defend it'self..

personally I try not to judge muslims on here because I know how they have been trained to think from childhood..

anything to do with israel = bad.. the reason being streachs back in time..and you have to understand that israel is the root of Christanity...without the old testament, there would not be a new testamnet..this is why Christains support israel...muslims beleive in niether new or old testament....but half of their religion mohamed borrowed for the new and old testament...among others like zoretrian, pegan and magic..

if you don't understand the history of it..then you won't understand why muslims act like they do..

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for = from

ps, don't get frustrated with muslims, it's not their fault..they were rasied in a sociaty that has not let them know the truth...instead be pateint with muslims, and let them find out for themselfs..

--------------------

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
for = from

ps, don't get frustrated with muslims, it's not their fault..they were rasied in a sociaty that has not let them know the truth...instead be pateint with muslims, and let them find out for themselfs..

How patronizing can you get, especially as most of the people she was talking to were people who were raised the West!! Some of us, unlike you and Tibe, have seen the whole picture from both sides, we have listened to what the West taught us and also what the East has taught us, and have made our decisions based on that. It is us who are trying to educate you, so you can also have a broader world view than the one you currently possess.

This forum is for people with connections to Egypt, so I would have expected most people to come here to learn and share ideas, not to look down on ideas that differ from theirs from paper ivory towers. It seems that I expected too much of you!

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
hey, Im just trying to be truthfull here..if you have a problem with that..thats your problem..

I understand, muslims haveing a problem with jews returning to a land they were cast out of for 2000 years..2000 years is along time..I understand muslims getting upset..and I don't blame them..but what they don't understand is it's the will of God that israel returns...

otherwise all the jewish folks would just call florida and new york home.

the history of this goes back way way way before mohamed..but if you don't have the Bible, you won't understand the roots...

and thats why I try to be patient with muslims, and let them find out on there own in their own time..and not try and force anything on them...

--------------------

redShift
Member # 11143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redShift     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I was going to ask why they were missing.
Its important that during this crisis, regardless of anyone’s opinion on this issue that information is allowed to flow freely.

Censorship is the catalyst of oppression.

I ask that the moderator(s) observe the right of members to post discussions about this issue without being censored.

Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
because you were flooding the forum

--------------------

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But I thought you believed in freedom of speech Tibe, or is that just when people say things that you agree with?

Why aren't you angry when those articles, that came from the free western press, were censored here?

Every one is defendtly intitled to their opinion, - but when they start childish name calling like bublehead, - then i think the serious mature line is crossed......... Perhaps that works fore you but where I come from we are used to discussions in a polite and respectfull way eventhough we dont share the same opinion.
Its childish and twists the focus of the real subject and then I might as well go and have the discussion in my sons kindergarten.

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Every one is defendtly intitled to their opinion, - but when they start childish name calling like bublehead, - then i think the serious mature line is crossed......... Perhaps that works fore you but where I come from we are used to discussions in a polite and respectfull way eventhough we dont share the same opinion.
Its childish and twists the focus of the real subject and then I might as well go and have the discussion in my sons kindergarten.

I believe it's a Christian saying: "Let him who is free of sin cast the first stone."

Tibe, where I come from, if someone asks you a question you don't answer another one. I was trying to engage you in a serious discussion about censorship of opinions and you change the subject. If you do think it is fair that the articles were deleted you can say so. But if the reason was that they were deleted because they were only showing one point of view, then that could have been balanced by someone else showing another point of view...that's what a debate is and that is mature behaviour.

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Actually the topic is started by me and all I ever ask was if anybody could see a realistic solution. And yes I see no point in either posting a lot of 1 sided articles nor deliting them. - and fore your information im not the one who deletes anything.
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is there summat missing here i cant find it i got angry wif a cetain person about this on ur thread tibe i hate what mr rosier that all muslims are brought up to hate israel where he get this from ,bong bong bong ,isreal is much part of us and they r too stupid nut amd what the hell did they ever do to put a isreali colony amongs a arab colony is amongs me 50 bloody years ago so much for liberating bloody meddling west as usual ,uhm

why dont you look up the kasmiri jews and see who they r against the jews that are occupying israel now ..,im not hateful of these jews at all but nobody from innocnet sides needs to have this upon then be they arab or jew or any other faith ,

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com