EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » To the english people inhere

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To the english people inhere
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 1994 there was a danish girl working as a tourguide on cypruss. One night going home from a night out with her boyfriend the couple was driven of the raod by 3 drunk english soldiers. He was beaten severally and left on the road. They then dragged the girl to a deserted place where they raped and beat her to death with a shovel. First the 3 soldiers got life in prison but was later reduced to 25 years and now they have all 3 been released this month for good behavior...... But what horrified me the most is that we in the danish media could read that they was celebrated by there old soldier friends when they arrieved in UKthey had a major welcome home party with lots of alcohol and strippers. [Mad] [Mad]
Now to my question : What do the english media write about this incident or doesn't it have any interests over there?

Thoose 3 bastards should have been rottened in jail for the rest of their lifes and defendtly not be welcomed home with at party.

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Tibe, what a terrible story! I agree that they should have been left to rot, and I feel the British Justice system often leaves a lot be desired!!

Now, it may be my ignorance, but I have not heard of this story at all in the British press, so I am lead to believe it has not been widely publised here! [Eek!] [Confused]

I often believe that the media only report what they want the public to hear, but a lot of that is often rubbish to do with the latest celebrities' new hairdo, and not important things!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the story being reported when it happened at the time. But I have not seen anything in the press about their release and the 'welcome' home stuff - how disgusting.

It doesnt surprise me though what some are capable of and what they can get away with - I worked as a civilian secretary for the British Military Police when I lived in Germany in the late 80s. When soldiers committed certain crimes, sometimes they were quickly posted elsewhere by the powers that be and forgotten about. Some were dealt with, but still, the soc alled justice system is indeed very flawed.

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simongill
Member # 11689

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simongill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am english and i agree that our system of justice is often a joke. these 3 soldiers should have been given life imprisonment - and i mean until they died. I wouldn`t argue against the death sentence in these circumstances. it is a disgrace and i feel ashamed when i think of the horror that the victim sufferred and the continuing horror of her family.

the english system allows the criminals to have rights but the victim none. the scum of our society are well looked after, there is a lot of money being made by lawyers and with many politicians having legal connections the system wont change. the family of the three soldiers are part of the scum of english society if they see "having a welcome home party" is right in these circumstances.

i can assure you that all normal english people will be disgusted by the story you described, please ignore our politicians and press.

Posts: 11 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God, Tibe. I remember that case. It was absolutely horrible. every time anyone mentions Cyprus, I am reminded.
Sadly, I am not surprised that they were welcomed back by their army buddies.Military guys are another species in many cases i think. Maybe they get trained to have no human feelings.
I believe the whistle blowers in the incidents in Iraq have been given a hard time for reporting the rapes, murders, and cruelty taking place there.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW. It was reported in The Guardian last week. Here's the article.

Parents vent fury at early release of daughter's killers

· Tour guide was murdered by British soldiers in Cyprus
· Perpetrators freed after 12 years for good behaviour

Audrey Gillan and Signe Daugbjerg in Copenhagen
Saturday August 19, 2006
The Guardian

The parents of Louise Jensen, the Danish tour guide raped and killed by three British soldiers stationed in Cyprus, reacted angrily to news that two of them have been released after serving just 12 years in prison. The third will be freed on Monday.
In their first interview since the soldiers walked free, Poul and Annette Jensen said they had been disgusted to learn that the men's sentences had been reduced for good behaviour. It is alleged authorities attempted to divert publicity by staggering the days on which they were freed.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the family home in the Danish seaside town of Hirtshals, Mr Jensen, 58, said: "It's absurd that you can be released for good behaviour when the crime is so brutal. It is very offensive to the memory of Louise and to us as parents."
His voice trembled as he went on: "Those men had planned this crime. They kept an eye on Louise and her boyfriend at a gas station. They kidnapped my daughter, raped and murdered her.

"I can't understand why they are released before their time is up, and I don't think I'm supposed to understand it, because if I could understand it, I would not be a normal person."

The killing of Louise Jensen, 23, on a September Saturday in 1994 was brutal. The three soldiers, Allan Ford, now 38, Justin Fowler, now 38, and Geoffrey Pernell, 36, all members of the 1st Battalion the Royal Greenjackets, had been drinking when they abducted the holiday rep from a motorbike she had been riding with her Cypriot boyfriend near the town of Ayia Napa. Two of them raped her and one attempted to rape her. She was then beaten 15 times with an army spade, her face was cleaved and her body so mutilated that she could only be identified by a silver ring on her finger. On her neck was a cross and chain which had been given to her by her father. Miss Jensen's naked body was dumped in a shallow grave and covered with dirt. Trial judges said that the crimes were "inhuman in their conception and vulgar in their execution".

All three men were sentenced to life for the murder but that was reduced to 25 years for manslaughter on appeal on the grounds that they were judged too drunk to have planned the attack. Cypriot law provides for early release on good behaviour and the president, Tassos Papadopolous, remitted a quarter of the sentence for all prisoners when he came to power. Last October Mr and Mrs Jensen were distressed to learn of the planned early releases and began a letter writing campaign to try and stop them. They petitioned the Danish ambassador in Cyprus, the Danish minister of justice and the Danish prime minister, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, all of whom tried to put pressure on the Cypriot authorities. It was to no avail because Cypriot law does not allow for interference with the judiciary.

"We also wrote a letter to the Cypriot prime minister. But we got a letter back where he wrote that he was very sorry but there was nothing he could do. And if he can't or will not do anything, who can?" said Mr Jensen. "I think it is very insulting that a country that has just been taken in by the EU has a law that favours the murderer and not the victim."

A photograph of Louise sits on the mantlepiece of their home and Mrs Jensen can see her daughter's likeness each time she looks in the mirror. "It seems to me that they are more concerned with the murderers than their victim. I really hope that the people of Britain will object to their early release," she said. "I hope that if they find these men living in their midst they will reject them. I do not want them to have a good life in England but there is every chance that they will. They are still young men, young enough to get married and and start a family. Louise will never have that."

The men were discharged from the army after their convictions in 1996. It is understood that the two already released had their flights arranged by the British high commission in Nicosia because of concern that they would be attacked by vigilantes on the island.

In two weeks Ms Jensen's brother Soren is to marry. When he steps up to the altar, he will have a token of his sister around his neck, the cross and chain she was wearing on the day she died. He swears it will remain there forever.

Special report
The military

re's the article.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
british justice is F.U.C.k.E.D.,now it wud have been a different story if it was shariah .EXECUTE THEM ...isay i say i say ,what sad sad injustice to know u got a son like that id hate mine and its slowely getting there too ,fighting drugs and alcholol .bears not thinking about ..but we talk lf them what about the victem in this ,nothing harldy mentioned there ..
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for printing the article jessie. - its a horrible story and what is it wih men when they are in a group (and ad alcohol they gets even worse). Why didn't at least 1 of them stop and think for a second - "hey this is wrong and has to stop now".
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what makes men commit these horrible acts of rape and violence (with and without alcohhol) - I am sick and tired of rape scenes in films as entertainment (it may be an integral part of a story, but there is no need for a graphic rape scene.

What is even sicker now is the use of mobile phones being used by gang rapists to video everything and send it around - I cant imagine what the victim of all this is going through and will never recover. It makes my blood run cold.

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Yes I cant image ever get so horny that I would hurt another human being to get what I want - this must be some kind of animalgene.......
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
If it's any small consolation to the Brits, it was a Cypriot court that sentenced and released these men.
I have a close family member who sits on a parole board and i am pretty sure they would have been held longer in the UK. trouble is, I bet military guys DO make model prisoners, all ladstogether, being told what to do, when to do it and so on.

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
"Yes I cant image ever get so horny that I would hurt another human being to get what I want - this must be some kind of animalgene....... "

i agree there, but, men who choose to become soldiers, [not ALL but many] tend to prefer the company of other men.They're not gay, but THEY DON'T LIKE WOMEN.They risk their lives in battle, but they also risk not being able to pass on their genes. Expendable men.
Rapists don't like women.It's not the sex, it's the hurting that counts.

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jessie:
"Yes I cant image ever get so horny that I would hurt another human being to get what I want - this must be some kind of animalgene....... "

i agree there, but, men who choose to become soldiers, [not ALL but many] tend to prefer the company of other men.They're not gay, but THEY DON'T LIKE WOMEN.They risk their lives in battle, but they also risk not being able to pass on their genes. Expendable men.
Rapists don't like women.It's not the sex, it's the hurting that counts.

Yes some of the young men are defendtly on the wrong path in their life. Also when I see a vietnam movie where they rape young village girls and shout their farmer parents infront of their eyes. - this offcourse doesn't apply to all soldiers. There are alot of fine men out there serving their country to protect our values. But many of them are silent witnesses to these types of crimes, and that is just as horrible. This type of cover up is also very common in policeforces. Terriable [Mad]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Military guys are another species in many cases i think. Maybe they get trained to have no human feelings.

no we most certainly do not.

tibe.. its a horrible crime, but i want to point a couple of things out...

1. you said they got life, later reduced to 25 years...

in this country life IS 25 years. that is our MAXIMUM sentence. even if you kill 100 people you will only get 25 years.

then, you get 15 days per month knocked off for good behaviour. this just refers to committing further crimes in prison. as long as you dont attack anyone, try to escape, smuggle in contraband etc, you will have your sentence reduced by half.

so, effectively you could massacre an entire school of under 12s, 600 pupils say... abd only serve 12 and a half years.

now think about petty crimes such as mugging and burglary... the sentence is so light (and prisons arnt that bad) that people here are not afraid of the consequences.

2. the welcome home thing... you cant blame the family and friends of these people for loving them and missing them. and technically they have served their time... 12 and a half years IS a long time (and before you get mad i agree they should have been locked up for a lot longer) but still... you cant blame the family for being happy they are out... they have suffered in a similar way to the family and friends of the victim (not as bad of course, but imagine how you would feel if your son had done that, or your husband or your dad... even if you instantly hated your husband you would still suffer a great loss).

the justice system stinks here... but i would just like to point out that just because they were soldiers, they didnt get treated any less severely.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
My father got kicked out of the army in WW2. he'd been trained amongst other things, to operate an anti-aircraft gun.When called upon to do it for real however, he gave way to human feelings and said 'I'm not shooting at that plane, there may be someone in it!'
Not a good soldier, after all, he knew the Germans were the enemy, he knew they were trying to kill people.Not a good soldier, but a good man.
I sincerely believe that armies in combat couldn't function if they were expected to make personal moral judgements all the time.I reckon that certain weaker minded guys somewhere along the line lose the ability to see right from wrong. God, look at Abu Ghraib, some of those people didn't know, still don't, that they were doing wrong.i don't think they were all basically evil.
Luckily, the British armed forces does have a fairly good reputation, but I still believe the system damages some young minds.

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
British justice may not be perfect, but it is far fairer than Shariah courts.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
It WASN'T a British court, it was a CYPRIOT court. Those guys were imprisoned in Cyprus.
What this has to do with sharia law is beyond me.
But since you brought it up, Cyprus law did apparently require a trial, unlike gitmo 'justice'.

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''british justice is F.U.C.k.E.D.,now it wud have been a different story if it was shariah .EXECUTE THEM'' Posted by chimpps.

I was responding to the point above, which I am perfectly free to do.

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Charm el Feikh?:
quote:
Military guys are another species in many cases i think. Maybe they get trained to have no human feelings.

no we most certainly do not.

tibe.. its a horrible crime, but i want to point a couple of things out...

1. you said they got life, later reduced to 25 years...

in this country life IS 25 years. that is our MAXIMUM sentence. even if you kill 100 people you will only get 25 years.

then, you get 15 days per month knocked off for good behaviour. this just refers to committing further crimes in prison. as long as you dont attack anyone, try to escape, smuggle in contraband etc, you will have your sentence reduced by half.

so, effectively you could massacre an entire school of under 12s, 600 pupils say... abd only serve 12 and a half years.

now think about petty crimes such as mugging and burglary... the sentence is so light (and prisons arnt that bad) that people here are not afraid of the consequences.

2. the welcome home thing... you cant blame the family and friends of these people for loving them and missing them. and technically they have served their time... 12 and a half years IS a long time (and before you get mad i agree they should have been locked up for a lot longer) but still... you cant blame the family for being happy they are out... they have suffered in a similar way to the family and friends of the victim (not as bad of course, but imagine how you would feel if your son had done that, or your husband or your dad... even if you instantly hated your husband you would still suffer a great loss).

the justice system stinks here... but i would just like to point out that just because they were soldiers, they didnt get treated any less severely.

Yes but in cypress life in jail - is life in jail normally. And since they was convicted under the cypriotic law system, they should not have been granted reduce sentences twice. lifetime reduced to 25 years and then reduced to 12 years.

If a member of my family or one of my friends was found guilty in a crime like this, - he would no longer be consider a familymember or friend. The same goes if it was my son who did a thing like this.....I would never be able to trust him again or forgive him no matter how long time he served.

And this was planned by their old soldierbuddies from 1994 - lots of boze and strippers- like they came home from a war as heros. Actually they would have being flying to cypress to have the release party but the cypress government stopped that in respect for the victim.

This is really serious lack of respect for this girls familymembers and life in general.

star trek
Member # 11683

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for star trek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Washington Times:

“More than 100 young women who expressed interest in joining the military in the past year were preyed upon sexually by their recruiters. Women were raped on recruiting office couches, assaulted in government cars and groped en route to entrance exams, a six-month investigation by the Associated Press found.”

“The investigation found that more than 80 military recruiters were disciplined last year for sexual misconduct with potential enlistees. The cases occurred across all branches of the military and in all regions of the country. …

“[M]ilitary and civilian criminal prosecutions are rare.”

http://www.google.com/search?q=rape+military&hl=en&lr=&start=10&sa=N

Posts: 45 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com