EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » helpless

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: helpless
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many western people feel they now live in a world where they can no longer trust the mainstream media. terrorist threats that later prove to be nothing, endless al qaeda tapes [??}, biased coverage of violent and distressing wars, lying politicians given airtime, dissenters silenced, .... and the list goes on.
What can WE DO? Not much.
Why don't we ALL just suddenly stop buying newspapers? turn off tv's when the news comes on.Inform major advertisers of the decision.
If enough people did it, and 'they' knew we were doing it, surely it would have to at least be acknowledged.
No violent protests, no revolution, just a campaign of 'tell us the truth or shut up'.
sorry best I can do as a solution.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They wanna sell news papers so they show "bloody stories" which is what the crowd wants. Lot of people use their common sense when they read or watch the news. It would be worse if we didn't get any news at all.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think for one people can start to demand much more proof from media outlets. Already more and more people are turning towards blogs and online news (independent) which while this may not always be accurate, it is definitely a sign that people are tired of the one sided media trying to convince us that there is only one side to a pancake. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the media sometimes(if not all the time) serves the governments interest
so if you want to put all things in line you should start from the top of the pyramid...
i am not talking about a certain country, it's all over the world

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
without media, governments cannot lie to us. [unless they want to sit trawling through the phone book, calling us all individually].
Media is BIG business, they cannot afford to lose substantial numbers of customers.Nor can they risk losing income from advertisers.
Nobody DOES anything do they?
We all sit home, bleating quietly, wringing our hands.
Read the damn football scores online.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly dont know how it works in your country but here the media is very suspious towards all politicians. Everything they say and do will be analysed into pieces. I think the danish press is as close to free and independant as a press can be. Offcourse the articles will be a bit coloured by the editors/journalists own personal opinions. I think its worse in the countries where the government controls the media. Then it becomes pure propaganda.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com