EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » American media is a joke

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American media is a joke
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.jibjab.com/what_we_call_the_news
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love jib jab.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m assuming you’re stating that you believe your home country has a far superior news media network then Americas few unreliable broadcasting stations. If this is correct, then why not just tell everyone in the free world how to tune into the number one news station.
Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cairoexpat:
I’m assuming you’re stating that you believe your home country has a far superior news media network then Americas few unreliable broadcasting stations. If this is correct, then why not just tell everyone in the free world how to tune into the number one news station.

Take the video and this thread as face value. American media is a joke per the video. Duh. You and Humanist are extreme usernames, in another thread Humanist’s arrogant mentality is dissatisfied with the fact that I am against any superpower whatsoever. However Humanist is demanding I comply with her arrogance by choosing an alternative to the USA’s Superpower. The thread by Ramesses was simply what do we believe the world would be without a Superpower not what superpower would we like to replace the USA. I don’t want to see any Superpower period.

The same applies to you here. My point here is that American Media is a joke nothing else and nothing more but you want me to list some alternatives. You are very bigoted minded usernames a little criticism might be good for you, to humble your arrogance.

Like I said take the video at face value, I did not make it clip.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m sorry, I forgot to say please. Would you please share the name of the number one media station in the world with the rest of us so we can become as knowledgeable as you?
Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by cairoexpat:
I’m sorry, I forgot to say please. Would you please share the name of the number one media station in the world with the rest of us so we can become as knowledgeable as you?

cairoexpat i have no qualms with you(you are not part of my agenda). i do not view special channels, i probably watch the same news sources as you do.

take the video clip at face value and you must admit the American Media is biased. I was just watching Rosie the other day and she said all major news networks are owned by 4 corporations.

she inferred monopoly. I also read something very disturbing. 76% of all (USA) reports coming out of Iraq are attributed to government employees or former employees.

I mean come on only 3% of all of America knows where Kabul yet 96% know what Britney Spears pussssssy looks like. Did you watch the video? Funny [Smile]

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:

she inferred monopoly.

Very true. There have been so many mergers among TV and radio stations in the past 10 years or so, there are only a few large corporations now that own broadcast outlets.

And it seems that ratings are more important than any type of investigative journalism. The profession has been severely compromised in the name of profits. [Frown]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to view many different media venues, even the ones I am pretty sure are a joke, and you're right, there are several american media sources I would place into that category, but the same can be said of most. It's interesting to watch though, I don't know that it would really ever change.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com