EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Bush Blasts Pelosi For Syria Visit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bush Blasts Pelosi For Syria Visit
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We have made it clear to high-ranking officials, whether they be Republicans or Democrats, that going to Syria sends mixed signals," President Bush said. "Photo opportunities and/or meetings with Assad lead the Assad government to believe they're part of the mainstream of the international community."

Pelosi, D-Calif., has shrugged off White House criticism of her visit to Damascus, saying Monday she had "great hope" for reviving U.S. relations with Syria and changing its behavior.

"It's interesting because three of our colleagues, who are all Republicans, were in Syria yesterday and I didn't hear the White House speaking out about that," Pelosi said, referring to the Sunday meeting of Reps. Frank Wolf, Joe Pitts and Robert Aderholt with Assad in Damascus.

"I think that it was an excellent idea for them to go," said Pelosi. "And I think it's an excellent idea for us to go, as well."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/03/world/main2641393.shtml

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com