EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » The Dollar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Dollar
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 10 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I am not sure if President Bush fully grasps the economic issue. Like he was asked today if he has any plans to make the dollar stronger? And he said we were thinking of making it two-ply."

- Jay Leno

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparkle16
Member # 13047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparkle16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know just to give some perspective to this, over the last year the Canadian dollars has gained over 40 cents to the American dollar. It is now 93 cents to the US dollar. We haven't seen those kinds of numbers in 33 years. And the euro has made significant gains as well. I don't know if the US has a weaker economy or is just not keeping up with everyone else. You need to get rid of Bush!!
Posts: 206 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Hammer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada might be better off without you Sparkle.
We weaker dollar is not a bad thing, it has to do with trade balances and nothing else. The US economy is the same size as the next ten largest combined, not to worry.
God bless our beloved President.

--------------------
The spirit of Horemheb lives on within us all.

Posts: 1023 | From: The spirit of Horemheb lives within us all | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparkle16
Member # 13047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparkle16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truth hurts doesn't it!! That is reality my friend. And the weaker dollar means that nobody is investing in the US anymore. It has nothing to do with the trade balances. Might I suggest a good economics book for you to read!
Posts: 206 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Hammer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trade is the only thing impacted by a weak dollar. The economy here is sold, this is a cycle that we have been though many times before.
Posts: 1023 | From: The spirit of Horemheb lives within us all | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanHammer:
Canada might be better off without you Sparkle.
We weaker dollar is not a bad thing, it has to do with trade balances and nothing else. The US economy is the same size as the next ten largest combined, not to worry.
God bless our beloved President.

yeah, god bless him for making us a target of hatred, god bless him for the phuckin $4/gallon gas that so many people cannot afford to pay, god bless him for not lying and abusing the power that he was mistakenly give [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] Arrow, tell me since you seem to have a multiple personality disorder,do you take medication???? Do you see a physchiatrist??? The little voices on ES are encouraging you to do so because your absolutely nutters!! How about this - I say Damn bush and I hope he gets what he deserves and the sane citizens of this country will continue to call for his impeachment. Then when he is impeached he should be handed over to be tried for war crimes!! God blesses only those who truly care for humanity, who value life instead of oil, who dont abuse the power that was entrusted to him.. A man who sends our young soldiers to die in a war that was a lie deserves damnation!! [Mad] [Mad]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparkle16
Member # 13047

Right on!!! I agree, there has to be a better way of living life. The man should be hung from his toes for warcrimes. He is an idiot. Only the ignorant truly support that man. Even Tony Blair admits that it was a mistake to get into the war, he is quoted as saying that "he did what he thought was right and has left it up to the British people to make the call as to whether it was right or wrong". At least he is intelligent enough to (more or less) admit he THOUGHT he was doing the right thing and recognizing after the fact that is wasn't the right thing!!!

And trade is not the only thing impacted by a weak dollar....the US is carrying over 9 trillion dollars worth of debt that has increased exponentially with Bush. Your economy is rocky right now, housing prices are down and trade is down and the dollar is down. The war is going to end because you can't afford a war right now. What was gained from it. Things are not good. Open your eyes Hammer.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought the joke was hilarious (a little truth about the denial, but hilarious). [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I just thought the joke was hilarious (a little truth about the denial, but hilarious). [Wink]

It was, but arrow/bushfan/american hummer doesnt seem to like humour [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

It was, but arrow/bushfan/american hummer doesnt seem to like humour [Razz] [Big Grin]
Yes, well, nothing makes your sense of humor disappear faster than someone asking where it is.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
Sparkle should be hung for ignorance. If you cannot see the geopolitical implications of not fighting the war in Iraq you are a complete idiot.
By the way sweetie if the American economy ever does collapse or is badly damaged you will be living in an igloo. Living in a parasitic nation you depend on the United States for everything you have.

Rummy, You are so far out in the twilight zone its a wonder you can manage to put your clothes on in the morning. Not a single word of your post was correct. It amounted to nothing but evil, vicious personal slander against a good and decent man.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Sparkle should be hung for ignorance. If you cannot see the geopolitical implications of not fighting the war in Iraq you are a complete idiot.

Hmmm, interesting, so what is the percentage of Americans now that are complete idiots who cannot see those implications? [Confused]
Refresh my memory. [Wink]

The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
Well lets see smauckers, do we take the word of 1000 doctorally trained people in global economics and american foreign policy interests or Fred the mail man in Spokane. You might want to rethink that question.

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Big Grin] once again, no sense of humor [Wink]

Last time I checked though, Fred paid taxes too.

The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
Yeah but Fred needs to deliver the mail, he is not qualified to make American foreign policy choices. Truth be known Fred probably voted for President Bush, as did the majority of Americans.

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Yes but Fred is no longer satisfied with the work of this elected official and seeing as Bush is an employee to Fred (even though Fred delivers mail) Bush is just as entitled as any other bad employee to be fired. That being said, Fred loves delivering mail. [Wink]
The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
We do not run our government by polls smuckers.
Further, the idea that the President should be fired has no public support and even less political support.
Interesting enough, Fred will go back to the polls in '08 and elect another candidate who will agree with President Bush on 95% of the issues, including Iraq.
That will give all you lovley magpies another four years to complain.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ohhh do it like a story, I like when we were doing it like a story!! [Big Grin]
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
America the only world superpower know it needs OIL, it will do whatever is necessary and kill whoever to obtain the oil it needs to keep America the superpower devil it is today. The cause of the Iraq war was the U.S. needing a puppet state for oil reasons.

Make up your own minds from the facts, the U.S. is a devil that is greedy and will murder and steal from anyone.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
We do not have to have middle eastern oil Batman but the global economic system relies on a stable supply from the middle east not controled by Iran. You are correct in that oil is the issue, as it should be.

--------------------

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

quote:

Rummy, You are so far out in the twilight zone its a wonder you can manage to put your clothes on in the morning. Not a single word of your post was correct. It amounted to nothing but evil, vicious personal slander against a good and decent man.

Well Love, since you dont think i can dress myself, why dont you come an do it for me??? First the bra goes on,next is the underwear, BUTT ( and this a very important BUTT)before you get em all the way on, do me a favor, and kiss my lily-white A$$ you braindead puppet!! [Smile] [Razz]
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very striking [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
quote:

Well Love, since you dont think i can dress myself, why dont you come an do it for me??? First the bra goes on,next is the underwear, BUTT ( and this a very important BUTT)before you get em all the way on, do me a favor, and kiss my lily-white A$$ you braindead puppet!! [Smile] [Razz]
[Eek!]
The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
I'll pass on that, my lips would not be big enough to cover your A$$.

--------------------

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

quote:
I'll pass on that, my lips would not be big enough to cover your A$$.

Awe thats sweet [Smile] [Smile] I guess your lips and brain have somethin in common then!!
The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
By the way Rummy, since in all of your wisdom you are smarter than the entire American foreign policy establishment you must of been surpried when the dems passed the war spending bill....as they always planned to do.

--------------------

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

quote:
By the way Rummy, since in all of your wisdom you are smarter than the entire American foreign policy establishment you must of been surpried when the dems passed the war spending bill....as they always planned to do.

Well Arrow, we both know why they had to do that, because the president is like a dictator and he has his few little minions left to help overide the majority. He doesnt care about foreign policy, are you saying that demoracats dont understand foreign policy?? [Roll Eyes] Call a spade a spade and realize that the president doesnt care about the 72% of the americans who want this crap to end. He only cares about what he wants and he refuses to listen to the AMERICAN PEOPLE, MILITARY ADVISORS, THE PEOPLE THAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE REPRESENTING NOT RULING!! The dems lost this little battle but it is far from over. Were's your wisdom when you cant see that this man is not a leader, he is little better than the other self serving dictators who he feels he is above,not one care for the people,they only care about power. Here's a little copy an paste backin this up, directly from yahoo news......."In the months ahead, lawmakers will vote repeatedly on whether U.S. troops should stay and whether Bush has the authority to continue the war. The Democratic strategy is intended to ratchet up pressure on the president, as well as on moderate Republicans who have grown tired of defending Bush administration policy in a deeply unpopular war.

"I feel a direction change in the air," said Rep. John Murtha (news, bio, voting record), D-Pa., chairman of the House panel that oversees military funding.

Democrats looked to the upcoming votes after losing a bruising battle with Bush on an emergency war spending bill. Lacking the two-thirds majority needed to overcome another presidential veto, Democrats dropped from the legislation a provision ordering troops home from Iraq beginning this fall." Wake up!!

The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
They did it because they agree with him. This is an election year. If we had a democratic the roles would be reversed. 90% of them know the war is not a war of choice and must be fought and won. Watch what they do, not what they say.

By the way the President does not govern by the latest poll. If 72% felt the way you say the war would already be over.

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Lol you two are funny [Big Grin]

[Razz]

Sparkle16
Member # 13047

By the way sweetie if the American economy ever does collapse or is badly damaged you will be living in an igloo. Living in a parasitic nation you depend on the United States for everything you have.

First off, only my mother and husband can call me sweetie. Really, you do need to educate yourself!!! Go find something that tells you about the North American Free Trade Agreement. Canada is not as dependent on the US as the US is dependent on Canada. We are your largest purchasers but we have also brokerage agreements with Mexico and alot of the South American countries who won't even talk to the US.

When you are sitting in the dark, twittling your thumbs and cold because there is no gas to heat your homes and no water to bath or drink, you can call me and tell me you are sorry for your stupidity. With the discovery of the Tar Sands in Alberta, we will probably surpass and become number #1 in terms of barrels produced as well as having the largest body of water in North America as well as our dollar is now almost par with yours. If you understood simple economics, you would see what is happening but you are not one that wants to be informed....continue on in your ignorance....I pity you, goofball.

vuitton_girl
Member # 13154

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vuitton_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I 100% agree with these women on this post. I am an american citizen and over the last 4 years I am embarassed to say that. I think that Bush should be on trial for the murder of every young man and woman killed in Iraq. He has all their blood on him because they died in that senseless war. He is a money hungry idiot!!!! And I am not changing the field now. I NEVER voted for him!!!
Posts: 50 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com