EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Benazir Bhutto killed in attack (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Benazir Bhutto killed in attack
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pakistan's Bhutto killed in attack
By SADAQAT JAN and ZARAR KHAN, Associated Press Writers

RAWALPINDI, Pakistan - Pakistan opposition leader Benazir Bhutto was assassinated Thursday in a suicide attack that also killed at least 20 others at the end of a campaign rally, aides said.

"The surgeons confirmed that she has been martyred," Bhutto's lawyer Babar Awan said.

A party security adviser said Bhutto was shot in neck and chest as she got into her vehicle to leave the rally in Rawalpindi near the capital Islamabad. A gunman then blew himself up.

"At 6:16 p.m. she expired," said Wasif Ali Khan, a member of Bhutto's party who was at Rawalpindi General Hospital where she was taken after the attack.

Her supporters at the hospital began chanting "Dog, Musharraf, dog," referring to Pakistan's president Pervez Musharraf.

Some smashed the glass door at the main entrance of the emergency unit, others burst into tears. One man with a flag of Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party tied around his head was beating his chest.

In Washington, the State Department said it was seeking confirmation of Bhutto's condition.

"Certainly, we condemn the attack on this rally," deputy spokesman Tom Casey said. "It demonstrates that there are still those in Pakistan who want to subvert reconciliation and efforts to advance democracy."

The United States has for months been encouraging Musharraf to reach an accommodation with the opposition, particularly Bhutto, who was seen as having a wide base of support in Pakistan. Her party had been widely expected to do well in parliamentary elections set for next month.

At least 20 others were killed in the blast that took place as Bhutto left the rally where she addressed thousands of supporters in her campaign for Jan. 8 parliamentary elections.

Bhutto served twice as Pakistan's prime minister between 1988 and 1996. She had returned to Pakistan from an eight-year exile Oct. 18.

On the same day, her homecoming parade in Karachi was also targeted by a suicide attacker, killing more than 140 people. On that occasion she narrowly escaped injury.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071227/ap_on_re_as/pakistan

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh!
I don't know why but this news just makes me gasp!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is terrible news, I wasn't aware.
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God just watching it on TV.......... [Eek!] [Frown]
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the assassination recorded? I mean did they get the actualy killing recorded?

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How very sad!! But seriously it was just a question of time when she would fall victim to the fanatics. She should have never returned....

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone really surprised? [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Is anyone really surprised? [Confused]

Nope. Musharaf told her but she didn't listen.
Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
How very sad!! But seriously it was just a question of time when she would fall victim to the fanatics. She should have never returned....

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Hey I'm not going to sit here and let you label Musharaf and his boys as fanatic..LOL..
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Somewhere in the sands:
Hey I'm not going to sit here and let you label Musharaf and his boys a fanatic..LOL..

And I don't think I am in a mood to argue with an Islamist!!

quote:
Was the assassination recorded? I mean did they get the actualy killing recorded?

I am sure you would like to see that, don't you! [Confused]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The truth about Pakistan (paraphrasing Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men: "You can't handle democracy."
Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
quote:
Hey I'm not going to sit here and let you label Musharaf and his boys a fanatic..LOL..

And I don't think I am in a mood to argue with an Islamist!!

quote:

I am sure you would like to see that, don't you! [Confused]

Yep! I like to see the sniper's motive of operations and the utlitmate outcome of their work.

There is a lot of science i.e. physics involved in the field of sniper. The trajectory of the bullet, impact and then the exit wounds etc. for example.

I'm sure your husband and I can relate on the above issue [Big Grin]

So is there a recording of the assassination or not?

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, my husband is not a sniper, never was!! Seriously I am happy that you are no longer employed by the US military forces - so you can't make any damage.

But why don't you ring up your buddies in Pakistan and ask them to send you a copy of the killing? I am also certain these images will float around on some Islam fundamentalist websites so don't waste time and check them out! Enjoy!!

Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why are they chanting that the one they blame for this hateful deed is a 'dog'? No dog that I know of plans murders and suicide attacks."

Benazir Bhutto: The Opposition leader who died fighting for democracy

Benazir Bhutto appearing at the election rally, minutes before she was killed along

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else noticed this!!

I am watching BBC footage right now.

There are firemen but not in fire uniforms. All wearing tan coloured trousers and tunics with fireman jackets and a few scattered dressed firemen.

There is one guy in tan and using a stick to point to the ground and getting the tan dressed firemen?? to blast away all the debris. Now the fire is out long ago, but this guy is making sure that every bit of debris is scattered and soaked.

Now anyone would have thought that as soon as the flame was extinguished they would try to preserve the 'crime scene' for forensics, identification etc, so my uestion is WHY!!! the panic at this late stage to clear the debris??

Hmmmmm
[Confused]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Moslems dont kill women do they. Neither children or unarmed men so who are these people?

What religion are the suicide bombers? are they athiests or what?

Sands you leave me speechless you really do you utterly lost and sick individual

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Haha, my husband is not a sniper, never was!! Seriously I am happy that you are no longer employed by the US military forces - so you can't make any damage.

But why don't you ring up your buddies in Pakistan and ask them to send you a copy of the killing? I am also certain these images will float around on some Islam fundamentalist websites so don't waste time and check them out! Enjoy!!

Sempier fidelis! That is my motto

Seeing I don't have any contacts in PAK I'll have to wait for the footage to float around.

BTW I'm a hardcore Salafi..what the heck is a Islamicst?

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by TOOT Suite [Smile] :
Moslems dont kill women do they. Neither children or unarmed men so who are these people?

Sands you leave me speechless you really do you utterly lost and sick individual

Haha..everyone knows Muslims don't murder innocent women and children, that's haram.

quote:
That just means so much to me coming from a kaffir! Your words help to increase my faith in Islaam everytime.
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Has anyone else noticed this!!

I am watching BBC footage right now.

There are firemen but not in fire uniforms. All wearing tan coloured trousers and tunics with fireman jackets and a few scattered dressed firemen.

There is one guy in tan and using a stick to point to the ground and getting the tan dressed firemen?? to blast away all the debris. Now the fire is out long ago, but this guy is making sure that every bit of debris is scattered and soaked.

Now anyone would have thought that as soon as the flame was extinguished they would try to preserve the 'crime scene' for forensics, identification etc, so my uestion is WHY!!! the panic at this late stage to clear the debris??

Hmmmmm
[Confused]

Trust me it's clear that it's an inside JOB..

You guys need to stop blaming stuff on Fanatics..look to Masharaf and his boys..they are cleaning up house while we are typing away..

He (Masharaf) told her not to go campaigning, but she just couldn't stay home.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AT LEAST 140 people have been killed because Bhutto returned to Pakistan. She has been exiled, insisted to come back, unless she could know how this would end, and the lifes of at least 140 people has been taken with her.
Maybe this is a totally different way to look at it, but suppose you were in her shoes. You knew your life should be in danger all the time, but in spite of that, you want to return to win in a political way: by elections. But also BECAUSE of the treat of danger, you also should know that it's not your life only, which is in danger. Everybody around you should be in danger too, including innocent people from the people you claim to love so much...
Should you want them to die too? Shouldn't you think about the responsebility of all that lifes?
If you're loving people, you should want the best for them, not to let them die because you happen to be near...
Isn't this about power also?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
AT LEAST 140 people have been killed because Bhutto returned to Pakistan. She has been exiled, insisted to come back, unless she could know how this would end, and the lifes of at least 140 people has been taken with her.
Maybe this is a totally different way to look at it, but suppose you were in her shoes. You knew your life should be in danger all the time, but in spite of that, you want to return to win in a political way: by elections. But also BECAUSE of the treat of danger, you also should know that it's not your life only, which is in danger. Everybody around you should be in danger too, including innocent people from the people you claim to love so much...
Should you want them to die too? Shouldn't you think about the responsebility of all that lifes?
If you're loving people, you should want the best for them, not to let them die because you happen to be near...

BTW, this is not because I'm with or against somebody in this case. It is about what ALL politicians are doing....
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:

I agree. It looks like she didn't take into consideration the lives of those around her.

The question still remains..will there be retaliation for her death? How many more people will have to die?

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
quote:

BTW, this is not because I'm with or against somebody in this case. It is about what ALL politicians are doing....
You don't have to be apologetic for your opinion.
Undercover
Member # 12979

quote:
Haha..everyone knows Muslims don't murder innocent women and children, that's haram.

"At the end of the day what we mean by 'innocent' people we mean Muslims. As far as Muslims are concerned, you are innocent as long as you are Muslim. If you are non-Muslim (or Muslim not Muslim enough)you are guilty of not believing in Allah" [Roll Eyes]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iJ9Z-mYCt4

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:
quote:

"At the end of the day what we mean by 'innocent' people we mean Muslims. As far as Muslims are concerned, you are innocent as long as you are Muslim. If you are non-Muslim (or Muslim not Muslims enough)you are guilty of not believing in Allah" [Roll Eyes]

You must be off your meds. Has our prozac prescription expired?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

"At the end of the day what we mean by 'innocent' people we mean Muslims. As far as Muslims are concerned, you are innocent as long as you are Muslim. If you are non-Muslim (or Muslim not Muslims enough)you are guilty of not believing in Allah" [Roll Eyes]

You must be off your meds. Has our prozac prescription expired?
Ah yessss thank you for reminding me!!! [Cool]
Undercover
Member # 12979

The US war on something ?
Six years later Al Queda is as strong and popular and busy as ever.

Al-Qaeda claims Bhutto's death

Karachi, 27 Dec. (AKI) - (by Syed Saleem Shahzad) - A spokesperson for the al-Qaeda terrorist network has claimed responsibility for the death on Thursday of former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto.

“We terminated the most precious American asset which vowed to defeat [the] mujahadeen,” Al-Qaeda’s commander and main spokesperson Mustafa Abu Al-Yazid told Adnkronos International (AKI) in a phone call from an unknown location, speaking in faltering English. Al-Yazid is the main al-Qaeda commander in Afghanistan.

It is believed that the decision to kill Bhutto, who is the leader of the opposition Pakistan People's Party (PPP), was made by al-Qaeda No. 2, the Egyptian doctor, Ayman al-Zawahiri in October.

Death squads were allegedly constituted for the mission and ultimately one cell comprising a defunct Lashkar-i-Jhangvi’s Punjabi volunteer succeeded in killing Bhutto.

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Those Al Qaida guys are so "Credit Hungry"..they love snatching up all the credit..LOL

quote:
“We terminated the most precious American asset which vowed to defeat [the] mujahadeen,” Al-Qaeda’s commander and main spokesperson Mustafa Abu Al-Yazid told Adnkronos International (AKI) in a phone call from an unknown location, speaking in faltering English. Al-Yazid is the main al-Qaeda commander in Afghanistan.
When are they going to get the American Asset Musharaf?
Undercover
Member # 12979

US military beefs up Pakistan force

US Special Forces are to increase their presence in Pakistan amid assessments that the country is to become the central battlefield for al-Qaida as it is driven from Iraq.

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
US military beefs up Pakistan force

US Special Forces are to increase their presence in Pakistan amid assessments that the country is to become the central battlefield for al-Qaida as it is driven from Iraq.

So tell us why tootie reports that the Masharaf Government is mopping up the evidence of the assassination if the killings were done by Al Qaida?
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm saddened by the inevitability of Benazir Bhutto's murder.
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Lumos:
I'm saddened by the inevitability of Benazir Bhutto's murder.

Then I think you need a virtual tissue.. how's that?

Wake up!..She would say that her life and death was in the service of her country! So dry your freakin tears way..

Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good old Sandy Brainwashed - the happy mourner at every funeral. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:

UHHH ummm Japanses Buddhist Kamikaze Pilots..does that ring a bell. Man did they do a number during WWII at Pearl Harbor.
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just spoke to some of my buddies and where they are they say they on the verge of civil war .But apparently they say there is rumour going round that her own party was responcible for her death .?????They say its mayhem Hospitals have been burned and houses of opposition leader the same day Sharif was attacked but survived .My mate he said they are now jamming the tv and only releasing what news they think and soon the internet will go down again Martial Law (emergency law)is about to be inforced again .
Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Oh now it's the Opposition who is at fault? Al Qaida is not going to like them (The Opposition Party) taking credit for her death!

Will the real person(s) responsible for Bhutto's death please stand up?!

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It's "semper fidelis". If it's your motto you should use the Latin correctly.
[Wink]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:

[Wink]

Like Tigerlilly said: You need to get shag!..You really do need a man in your life..LOL
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
slim shady [Smile]
Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I agree. It looks like she didn't take into consideration the lives of those around her.

The question still remains..will there be retaliation for her death? How many more people will have to die?

Without a doubt, if you ask me. Then the question also remains: In whose intrest are those politicians working? The people? Their nation? How many lifes could it cost, to reach what's in the politicians mind? What should be reasonable enough?
The truth is that a common civilians life is not worth anything at all. Taking their lifes for their own sake is allowed. You can doubt about their noble principles...

Undercover
Member # 12979

Breaking news from Pakistan: all flights have been canceled, shops and banks closed, and paramilitary forces are being deployed as riots begin to break out...

Here’s a video clip from UK Channel 4 on the Bhutto assassination, and the immediate aftermath in Pakistan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WPtVBPJVLA

Lets hope cooler heads prevail.

WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
i already knew my aunti rang me
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Wink]

Like Tigerlilly said: You need to get shag!..You really do need a man in your life..LOL
Now who has a foul filthy mouth. You are really sick sands, to want to watch a nutcase suicide bomber blow themselves and a load of innocent people up is seriously deranged. You do Islam no favours, the only ones you promote is haters of Islam.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Wink]

Now who has a foul filthy mouth. You are really sick sands, to want to watch a nutcase suicide bomber blow themselves and a load of innocent people up is seriously deranged. You do Islam no favours, the only ones you promote is haters of Islam.
You are like my shadow.

There you go again misquoting me. I NEVER claimed to want to watch a suicide bomer blow himself up.

What I said was:
quote:
Yep! I like to see the sniper's motive of operations and the utlitmate outcome of their work.

There is a lot of science i.e. physics involved in the field of sniper. The trajectory of the bullet, impact and then the exit wounds etc. for example.

The Chinese New will be approaching will you be celebating that holiday as well "Muslim".. [Razz]

BTW: In American English Shaq is not a bad word. There was a movie by titled: Austin Powers the spy who shagged me!

There is no way the film industry would have let a title like that be public domain if it was offense language..the movie was rated PG13..haha..

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I gotta say is that this is some sad sh*t!

And almost an end to Pakistani democracy.

The terrorists will try hard as they might, but they are only fueling the fire of their own destruction. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26427 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
All I gotta say is that this is some sad sh*t!

And almost an end to Pakistani democracy.

The terrorists will try hard as they might, but they are only fueling the fire of their own destruction. [Embarrassed]

So are you calling Mr. Musharaf (the American Puppet) a dictator?
Undercover
Member # 12979

Parade Magazine will be publishing an interview with Benazir Buhtto on January 6th and this is the most interesting part:

What would you like to tell President Bush? I ask this riddle of a woman.

She would tell him, she replies, that propping up Musharraf's government, which is infested with radical Islamists, is only hastening disaster. "I would say, 'Your policy of supporting dictatorship is breaking up my country.' I now think al-Qaeda can be marching on Islamabad in two to four years."

The interview is here:

http://www.parade.com/benazir_bhutto_interview.html

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Wasn't she going to work with Musharaf in terms of forming a unified government that would "allow Al Qaida to march to Islamabad in two to four years"?

--------------------

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see many members here who are challenged with regards to politics, especially Pakistan’s political situation are blowing wind.

Let us look at this objectively and logically. The first question we should ask is:

1- Who would benefit most from Bhutto’s death?
The second question is:

2- Why/what would they benefit?

Think about this for a moment but do answer just yet.

-------

Because to answer such a question you must educate yourself first. There is not shame in increasing one's intellectuall capacity - it actually prevents stupid replies. One way of doing this is to recondition our minds from the consistent conditioning afflicting the general public by way of Media.

Such nonsense conditioning eventually conditions our minds causing us to be subject our thought process, eliminating our ability to be objective. This is irrelevant for those who are actually ignoramuses when it comes to politics. I am not interested in your ignorant opinions because what did you know of Pakistan politics beforehand, what did you know of Musharaf beforehand, what did you know about Nawaz Sharif beforehand and what did you know about the plethora of political parties in Pakistan.

I would imagine very little and now you read of Bhutto’s assassination and jumped on the bandwagon to give your ignorant two cents worth of nonsense.

Anyhow – a matter many here are ignorant of – I know Undercover was- I bet you he/she could probably explain to us now better than I could now about suicide bombing. This after all was part of the assassination operation.

Immediately when ignorant people hear/read such they automatically assume it is an Islamist Radical/Fanatic. Many times they would be correct but people should never, ever eliminate all parties involved because when you do you are suppressing your logic and evidence and falling for the what?: - Media conditioning!

The fact is suicide bombings are also used to assassinate, kill and inflict devastating damage for reasons that have nothing to do with Islam and certainly by elements that are not Islamic at all. Actually using such a tactic would be an ingenious operation conducted to point the finger on certain parties.

The most notorious suicide bombers were of course the Palestinian factions fighting Occupation in Palestine. They have made ‘suicide bombings’ a common phrase in the press. You think of suicide bombing and you automatically assume it is a Muslim Radical blowing him/herself up for an Islamic cause.

Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade come to mind and were one of the most notorious factions who regularly used suicide bombing tactics. Here is what the Council on Foreign Relations has to say about them:

"Are the brigades an Islamist movement?: No. The brigades began in 2000 as an offshoot of Fatah, the secular Palestinian nationalist movement led by Arafat. Fatah is the largest faction in the Palestine Liberation Organization. (When Israel and the PLO signed a peace deal in 1993, Arafat renounced terrorism and founded a new, Palestinian-led administration in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.) The al-Aqsa Brigades commit the same sort of suicide bombings widely associated with such Muslim fundamentalist groups as Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad, but the group’s ideology is rooted in Palestinian nationalism, not political Islam. In early 2002, the al-Aqsa Brigades’ attacks killed more Israelis than those of Hamas."

The Sri Lankan Tamil Tigers also routinely use Suicide Bombings and we all know the Tamil Tigers have nothing to do with Islam at all because they are after all Marxists/Secular

Here is an interesting article: Suicide terrorism -- it's not just for Islamic extremists

Here is one article by CNN: Suicide bombings as military strategy - Expert: Attacks motivated by logic, not religion

So if you are objective and intelligent enough and not merely on this for bandwagon purposes i would very much enjoy to hear what you have to say.

What ruins such discussions is when we have members talking from ignorance and from baseless, whimsical points of view.

I certainly hope that i did not come off as harsh because i greatly value some members input and desire to have an intellectual discussion.

Personally i am very saddened by Bhutto's death she was one person i thought would make a difference in the betterment of Western - Islamic relations.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Seconds from death: The final image of Benazir Bhutto moments before fatal suicide attack

According to Islamic tradition, funerals should be held as quickly as possible after a death.

Bhutto's body was being taken last night by special flight to her home town of Larkana in the south of the country.

Her husband Asif Zardari was flying to Pakistan from Dubai where he lived in exile. Her three teenage children were also travelling to Pakistan.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com