EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Condemned Israel’s attacks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condemned Israel’s attacks
sharmingirl
Member # 12793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharmingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A 21-month-old Palestinian girl, two other civilians and three militants were killed in the latest fighting in the Gaza Strip, raising the Palestinian death toll in five days of bloodshed to more than 100. Anti-Israeli demonstrations erupted in the occupied West Bank, where Israeli forces confronting stone-throwers near the town of Hebron shot dead a 14-year-old boy wearing a Hamas headband... and so on.
Wo will stop Condemned Israel?

Posts: 68 | From: France | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Hammer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What will stop Israel is civilized conduct on the part of the Palestinians. The blood of these kids is on the hands of Hamas and others. Israel will kikll these people until they either stop the attacks or are all dead, whichever comes first.

--------------------
The spirit of Horemheb lives on within us all.

Posts: 1023 | From: The spirit of Horemheb lives within us all | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sharmingirl
Member # 12793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharmingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israel only knows dirty war.What is its problem with innocent people,babies old people,women..?This is not right to punish innocent people instead of Hamas or others
Posts: 68 | From: France | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT:

Collective punishment is the punishment of a group of people as a result of the behaviour of one or more other individuals or groups. The punished group may often have no direct association with the other individuals or groups, or direct control over their actions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_punishment

So basically they are affecting the people not even responsible for the attacks. The people they are targetig and killing have no affiliation and no way to stop the perps in question. It never works, it's never worked in the past and in the end you are just trying to justify killing innocent people, in this case mostly children.

CHILDREN! Go to a local park today and sit and watch the children playing and then imagine a bomb being dropped on them, for something they nor their parents did or had any control over.
Look yourself in the mirror.
Try sleeping.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sharmingirl:
Israel only knows dirty war.What is its problem with innocent people,babies old people,women..?This is not right to punish innocent people instead of Hamas or others

It is unfortunate that the zionist mentality emulates those who oppressed them over the course of history. I will be interested to read Israeli opinion polls regarding this lastest massacre of Palestinians.
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watched 6 pm news last night and flicked to see headlines on 3 channels.

Al Jaz first story Gaza
CNN 3rd story Gaza
BBC World 3rd story Gaza.

Apparently CNN and BBC were more interested awaiting the news and minute of the new Russian leader, then what was happening in Georgia.

Now how sad was that............... [Frown]

to see footage of a doctor in his white coat in ITU with his head in his hands in total despair........

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Hammer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
harankash, Maybe that doctor you mentioned needs to tell Hamas to stop shooting rockets into Israel.

smuckers, when we bombed Japan and Germany in WW II many innocent people were killed. When the Germans bombed the UK the same was true. Thats the way war works...always has, always will. You cannot allow Hamas to hide behind the skirts of their women, which they would do.
The Palestinian people are ignorant. They may be too ignorant to survive. If I walked up and slapped a boxing champ I would probably get my clock cleaned. What if I were dumb enough to just keep on doing it? What do you call a group of people who have no ability to learn?

--------------------

Posts: 1023 | From: The spirit of Horemheb lives within us all | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you dare compare the way we handled WWII with the way Israel is handling Palestine. That's a disgrace to all of my family that served in that war. It's dispicable that anyone would ever even believe that Israel has the right to make Gaza into a holocaust by starving the people, withdrawing electricity, water, fuel, medical care and supplies and then believe for one second that the people there are just going to sit down and take it.

If a country was withdrawing all of that AND bombing the US do you honestly think we'd just sit and twiddle our thumbs?

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
First of all doodle I will make the comparison because its valid. Israel has a right to defend itself. The war is lost and why some of you cannont get that through your hard heads is a wonder.

In early April 1865 Robert E. Lee and the army of Northern Virginia was surrounded by a huge union army. As Lee weighed his options many of his officers wanted to disband the army, slip through union lines, meet in the mountians and fight again. In the end Lee said no and surrendered to Grant thus ending the war. His reasoning was that since there was no chance to win the further shedding of blood would serve no purpose.

The Palestinians had the right to fight but they lost that fight. Like General Lee in 1865 they now face the prospect of shedding more blood in a totally lost cause. There is no way for them to EVER win by fighting. Thus they are now responsible for all of these deaths and Israel has the right to destroy them if they continue.

humanist
Member # 12798

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have come to believe that both sides are despicable. While I wholeheartedly desire a Palestinian state and prosperity and everything good for the Palestinians I firmly believe the mistery they continue to suffer is the fault of their leaders vis. a vis Hamas. They refuse to change their murderous ideology and continue lobbing rockets into Israel. Uh, not a very good show for wanting peace. don't get me wrong, I hate the actions of the Israeli government.....but this is a vicious cycle where everyone is wrong. I think the Palestinian cause has become nothing but a sore spot for all the idiot leaders in the Muslim world to deflect their problems on and distract the Arab people.
Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doodlebug says:
''Don't you dare compare the way we handled WWII with the way Israel is handling Palestine.''

So war is a good business to be in depending on who's in front? You might want to a bit more circumspect in your comparisons Doodlebug.

If Israel practiced war as your comparison indicates, which is false to begin with, then there would be no more hamas issues to deal with; there would be peace in the valley for everyone. Yet these same thugs and malcontents see to it that the common Palestinian is kept on the receiving end of delivered missiles by their unremitting actions against Israel. Now it can be argued all day long which cart goes in front of whose horse but that still says nothing for hamas stopping the rocket attacks into Israel... and Israel responding with the same viciousness.

Common sense says the Palestinians would much rather have a temporary denial of electricity and other amenities that a civilized society seeks rather than have bombs falling on a continual basis, as in total war; and they can have those comforts if hamas would reign in their hoodlums thereby giving Israel time to sort through more of the political maneuverings that governments routinely do for their citizens. And to be sure there are Israeli hardliners who prop up their positions by intimating there is nothing they can give the Palestinians because when they do make an effort hamas derails it by a rocket attack; in the process ensuring that further talks with the Palestinians are useless. So this group perpetuates the stagnation also. Yet the fact is hamas isn't interested in peace with Israel. The evidence attests to it.

Any Palestinian who tires of hamas' stupidity and gives information to Israel to possibly thwart an attack is summarily dealt with as being collaborators with Israel. These same thugs give no thought to the repercussions that result from a suicide or rocket attack when information gleaned from intelligence sources that certain hamas leaders can be found at such and such location. Never mind that innocent Palestinians citizens suffer at the hands of Israel's government, hamas brings this on their own countrymen by some current and centuries old animosities.

hamas knows it can't win so in its despair will never understand the simplicity of decades old dialog and will continue on its path of self-serving determination to rid that part of the world of Israel as a viable state—an Israel that will never go away. It doesn't matter at this point in time how many western governments voted for partition in a time long ago set in motion with behind the scenes chicanery from those governments, the fact is Israel is a reality. Israel has a bigger stick hamas doesn't. Both sides are locked in this endless, brutal struggle with no end in sight; the easy answer is to ask the Israeli government, the Palestinian government, and hamas, hezbollah and others to pack their bags and leave this planet.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanHammer:
What do you call a group of people who have no ability to learn?

Conservatives... [Razz]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conservatists can also be called realists, liberals can be called idealists. Idealists, expressed another way, is a failure to grasp reality.
Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grumman, telling them their grasp on reality is tenuous at best is useless, as they're quite proud of the fact that they don't know **** from shinola [Big Grin]

~Alistair

--------------------
Lies fade like smoke when uncovered..but Truth, burns like fire.

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come sit with me and have a cookie Alistair. It's hot and fresh from the oven with big chunks of chocolate, just the way you like it, mmmmmmmmm [Smile]

Would you like a cup of tea with that? [Big Grin]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Hammer
Member # 13495

Rate Member
The problem with the left is that they combine ignorance with arrogance. America has always had a puritan streak in our thought and these people are our new puritans. History teaches them nothing about the nature of man. They have not had a single new idea on over a hundred years.

--------------------

Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
Come sit with me and have a cookie Alistair. It's hot and fresh from the oven with big chunks of chocolate, just the way you like it, mmmmmmmmm [Smile]

Would you like a cup of tea with that? [Big Grin]

Gold, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to seduce me over to the dark side [Razz] [Wink]

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

[Big Grin]

Well, heck, you are a clever one. [Wink]
It's much nicer than making war, don't you think? [Smile]

You know Alistair, there would be no need for a military at all if we didn't have to defend our country against Conservatives.

Anyway, imagine a world without Liberals. You would have slim pickings of art, movies, music, comedians, diplomats, no environmental groups or human rights groups, even education and science would be at a loss. Plus, we are better lovers.

You would be left with accountants, lawyers, CEO's, people who keep slaves and torture, and stupid people. You guys need us to break up the monotony if for nothing else.

If your reality is fear, killing and war, and my reality is hope, peace and love...who is winning here?

Here, have another cookie...x [Big Grin]

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
This one may have something to do with me, although directed at Sic Luceat Lux.

''If your reality is fear, killing and war, and my reality is hope, peace and love...who is winning here?''

Reality is.

Of Gold's reality of hope, peace and love can be called what it is, a false idealism. Yet in this sense Of Gold wins the argument based on this wayward idealism, which simply means Of Gold is denying reality and pushing it further away from the position it has to be—in front.

And to maneuver this kind of idealism into the human nature/reality picture would mean a suspension of rational and realistic thought when it comes to the human condition. Certainly peace hope and love are attributes to be aspired to but without a mechanism to put it into play and make it sustainable then it has to be placed where it belongs: in the irrational idealism booklet.

This doesn't mean at all that I disagree with Of Gold from an altruistic standpoint, it simply means when idealism and realism are set side by side, in a human nature context, realism has to win.

...and that's why the Palestinians aren't ready for showtime; they are realistic and it shows.

sharmingirl
Member # 12793

Rate Member
We are both sorry for those jewish people who were killed suicide bombing in Israel and those palestinians who were killed by Israel bombings.And we are praying for a stop,ceasefire or something like that for this dirty war.Peace for every human being.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't fight too much. Or the enemy would know your art of war.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com