EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Baylor Uni- Hanging Noose and Burning Obama Signs. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Baylor Uni- Hanging Noose and Burning Obama Signs.
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparent noose, burned Obama signs found at Baylor U. on Election Day; officials decry acts

By Associated Press
6:27 PM CST, November 5, 2008

WACO, Texas (AP) _ Baylor University officials said they are investigating an apparent noose hanging from a tree the day Barack Obama was elected the nation's first black president.

Campus authorities also responded to a barbecue pit fire where several Obama campaign signs were believed to have been burned, interim president David E. Garland said.

"These events are deeply disturbing to us and are antithetical to the mission of Baylor University," Garland said in a statement Wednesday. "We categorically denounce and will not tolerate racist acts of any kind on our campus."

On Tuesday afternoon at the world's largest Baptist university, some students notified officials that a rope resembling a noose was in a campus tree, Garland said. Campus police took the rope and are investigating.

"We believe that the incidents on our campus yesterday were irresponsible acts committed by a few individuals," Garland said.

No students had been taken into custody as of Wednesday afternoon, Baylor spokeswoman Lori Fogleman said.

-Good Ol' Baylor. So I guess I should skip on applying to the Law School.

[Frown]

heres Rick Sanchez's take on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WFWZ2yBWjw

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas AGAIN? and isn't Baylor supposedly a Christian school?

That makes 5 Obama noose hangings in Texas within the last 45 days. As I recall, 4 were at different universities with 3 hanging from trees.

Are today's racists comprised now of young university attending whites ?

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baylor is a private, Baptist University. They don't permit non-Christian organizations on campus- such as Hillel or the MSA.

Quite honestly Baylor is a terrible place- I'd shoot myself before I'd go there- which is unfortunate, because its an excellent University in regards to its academics and its facilities.

But its a school filled with close minded kids who are all waiting for the second coming, and its in Waco. Enough said. Knew a Muslim girl who was physically and sexually assaulted at Baylor- all while he screamed racial slurs at her.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

More on the story:

On Tuesday afternoon at the world's largest Baptist university, some students notified officials that a rope resembling a noose was in a campus tree, Garland said. Campus police took the rope and are investigating. Devin Culberson, Spring freshman, found a thin, white rope tied to a loop at the end, hanging from a tree. Culberson borrowed a knife from a janitor and cut it down, he said. The rope evokes historical images of when black people were hanged from trees in the American South in the early 1900s. The rope is now in possession of the Baylor Police. Dub Oliver, Vice President of Student Life, says that he believes it was intended to look like a noose and send a hateful message. He hopes students will continue to come forward and help with the investigation. Culberson believes the rope was put in a tree to intimidate black supporters of president-elect Barack Obama. "I had to cut it down to show respect for myself and other black people," he said. That wasn't all. As the AP mentions, there was a bonfire made of Obama signs. And outside one of the residence halls, there was nearly a riot: Later, verbal altercations occurred outside of Penland Residence Hall. A group of Obama supporters were walking around shouting "Obama" and then passed a group of white men outside who made threatening and racist remarks, said Emmanuel Orupabo, Arlington senior. According to Orupabo, one the men told the group, "Any (expletive) who walks by Penland, we're going to kick their (expletive), we're going to jump him." Orupabu and the people with him stopped and responded, "Excuse me?" The groups shouted at each other until police showed up. Doak said the police didn't witness any racist remarks, but they were told of them. There were only about 10 to 15 people involved, he said, but there appeared to be more because so many stopped to watch.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, when I worked in Texas several co-workers were Baylor grads.
They were all conservatives, and Sarah Palin ignorant.
I always got the impression that once I left the room all the racist speak began.

Why would educated people who come from middle to upper middle class families, have so much fear of black people?
Seems to be a symptom of a very deeply embedded psychological repetitious reflex likely rooted in feelings of inadequacy.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
Yeah, when I worked in Texas several co-workers were Baylor grads.
They were all conservatives, and Sarah Palin ignorant.
I always got the impression that once I left the room all the racist speak began.

Why would educated people who come from middle to upper middle class families, have so much fear of black people?
Seems to be a symptom of a very deeply embedded psychological repetitious reflex likely rooted in feelings of inadequacy.

I don't really know. But is it fear or just hate? To be fair- People who aren't students tend to hang out around the university- so some of these people were probably just pathetic bums looking for something to do.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Hate doesn't originate for nowhere, and they usually reside in the same space and complement one another. Even the hate the KKK displays is derived from FEAR. Same with American Hammer. Fear of the black man. Less fear of the black woman.

Some people are afraid of dogs because they may have been bitten when young. Kids are afraid of the dark because of watching TV or hearing scary stories. Fear and hate have definite origins.

I highly doubt that some outsiders just happened to come on campus and hang a noose there. That seems to be going out of your way to find handy excuses for an incident that has now occurred on at least 3 different campuses in Texas, in 3 different towns.On 2 of these occasion police actually found the student responsible for hanging the noose.
On 3 occasions the nooses were hung in the front yards of adult Texans.

Hibbah
Member # 12156

Yeah, unfortunately, you're probably right.

Maybe it just comes back to the fear of something different, something you don't understand?

It is odd that its a problem within educated communities as well.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Agrred. Understanding is important.
As my sister the shrink informs me, the most insane people are those who can never admit their insanity to themselves.

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hibbah said:
''Maybe it just comes back to the fear of something different, something you don't understand?''

Yet we're all humans and nothing supposedly is different from that aspect including skin color. So what is left to understand about what a human is. Unless it is meant skin color *is* the cause of the aggravation; which means there is no need to understand anything because, simply stated, again, it *is* the cause of the aggravation.

Meninarmer, who gets to define the insanity? The kind that hasn't been diagnosed?

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ In this instance, the insane of course.
IMHO, even the father of European psychology, Sigmund Freud was a crazy son of a...
However, in most cases, mental illnesses such as manic depression, phobias, excessive compulsives and their symptoms are very well defined.

And, of course there are mental illnesses of unknown diagnosis, that have been propagated from generation to generation, for hundreds of years and are not even partially understood, but whose symptoms are clearly observed.

refreshed
Member # 15850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for refreshed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep in mind that many white immigrants to the USA came as human chattle.

Seriously Europe has a social system that guaranteed generation after generation of indentured poverty that resembled slavery.

Possibly the sight of oppressed and just out of "legal" slavery but not quite free societal wise scared the heck out of these new immigrants.

After a few generations of not being honest with your kids about why you came to America, they created a form of "bogeyman" as a way of projecting their anxieties.

My grand aunt was part of a historical society that traced immigration and they found that some ethnicities within certain church groups were placed under similar discrimination and Jim Crow laws as former African slaves. Their descendants are clearly racist.

Posts: 277 | From: between a rock and a hard place | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
The conditions of the English Peasant's Revolt of 1381 was a direct result of the climate of which you speak.
Though the treatment of English peasants was cruel and barbaric, it was no where near as murderous as the extermination of Native Americans, enslavement of Africans, extermination of Native Australians, or the subjugation of Africa and it's peoples.
One aspect of slavery that many whites (and foreigners) tend to forget, is that enslaved Africans constantly escaped, regrouped and fought the entire armies of the English invaders, sometimes for decades without end.
These escaped Africans generally teamed up with Native Americans and killed many English over many years.

For example:

Native Americans were proud people, but without prejudice, and lacked an investment in slavery. Enslaved Africans near New Orleans fled to nearby Natchez villages, and by 1723 a free Black man commanded Natchez expeditions against the French. One Black Indian village, Natanapalle, claimed 15 residents with 11 muskets and ammunition, and another band camped across Lake Pontchartrain. British racial policy relied on divide and rule. In 1721 most English settlements denied entrance to Indians and ten years later whites in Carolina who brought Blacks to frontier lands faced fines of 100 pounds. Louisiana Governor Etienne de Perier, whose African slaves escaped and united with Natchez Indians and in one raid destroy a French colony and left 200 whites dead, warned this "union between the Indian nations and the black slaves" could lead to "total loss" for his colony. In British North America each treaty with Native Americans provided for the return of runaways. In 1721 the Governor of Virginia made the Five Nations promise to return all fugitives; in l726 the Governor of New York had the Iroquois Confederacy promise; in l746 the Hurons promised and the next year the Delawares promised. Compliance was another matter. According to scholar Kenneth W. Porter none of these nations returned a slave. British officials also offered staggering rewards to Indians who would hunt fugitives. In Virginia price was 35 deerskins, and in the Carolinas it was three blankets and a musket. To finally seal off Native American villages and make Indians partners, British merchants introduced Africans as slaves to the Five Nations - Cherokees, Chickasaws, Choctaws, Creeks and Seminoles.

A white Indian Agent, Douglas Cooper, upset by the Native American failure to practice a brutal form of bondage, insisted that Indians invite white men live in their villages and "control matters." Force, division and law threatened but failed to end Black- Indian friendships. Thomas Jefferson discovered among the Mattaponies of Virginia "more negro than Indian blood." The city of Los Angeles was founded in 1781 by forty-four people of whom all but two were African, Indian or a mixture of the two peoples. In the 1830s frontier artist George Catlin described "Negro and North American Indian, mixed, of equal blood" as "the finest built and most powerful men I have ever yet seen."

Finally, in 1819, to end a perceived threat by U.S. slaveholders, the United States purchased Florida. By this time African-run plantations stretched for fifty miles along Florida's fertile Appalachicola river valley, and included herds of cattle and horses. In Florida the Red and Black Seminoles fought the United States Army, Navy and Marines to a standstill for four decades, and some Seminoles never surrendered. In three Seminole Wars the United States armed forces lost more than 1500 U.S. soldiers, spent more than $40,000,000 and at times Seminole armed forces tied up half of the U.S. Army on the peninsula. "This, you may be assured," said U.S. General Thomas Jesup in l837, "is a Negro, not an Indian war." It was both. Once away from European rule, African and Native American men and women found they had more in common than a foe weilding muskets and whips. Scholar Claude Levi-Strauss found both peoples had "precise knowledge" and "extreme familiarity with their biological environment," and gave it "passionate attention." Dr. Theda Perdue's study of the Cherokee nation found that red and black people saw the spiritual and environmental as one, and common activities such as rising in the morning, hunting and curing illness as imbued with religious significance. Mountains and hills represented divinities; people, animals and plants carried life's messages; religion was not reserved for Sundays, but a matter of daily reflection.

By l860 African Americans has so thoroughly mixed with Native Americans throughout the Atlantic seaboard, that white legislators wanted to revoke their tax exemptions. In the Oklahoma Indian Territory 18% of the Cherokees, Choctaws, Chickasaws, Seminoles and Creeks were of African descent. No less than in the North and South, the Civil War tore Indian nations apart. Surrounded by Confederate troops and influenced by Confederate Indian agents, most Native Americans in Oklahoma felt they had little choice but follow the Confederacy. However, in November 1861 hundreds of black and red Indians led by Creek Chief Opothle Yahola, fought three pitched battles against Confederate whites and Indians to reach Union lines in Kansas, and offer their services. With the defeat of the Confederacy and its Indian allies, northerners sought revenge and the U.S. scrapped existing treaties with Native American nations. The Seminole nation made the most rapid adjustment to emancipation, electing six Black members to its first post-war governing Council. Black Seminoles began to build homes, churches, schools and businesses. Cherokees and Creeks moved toward equality somewhat slower and Choctaws and Chickasaws slower yet.

refreshed
Member # 15850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for refreshed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I was thinking of the Irish, Mormons and Chinese.
Posts: 277 | From: between a rock and a hard place | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, I live in the heart of Texas around these people. Fortunately, I do work for a state university with mostly liberals. [Smile]

From my perspective these Texas conservatives have the same attitude as Palin and Bush. One thing that I think contributes to their prejudice is that they see so few educated African Americans. They look at the ones that are the lower class and put all in this barrel.

I have been arguing with my republican son lately. He is the supervisor of an auction car wash and tells me about a man that works for him with 5 kids from different women and he gets welfare. I said that there are lower class whites just like that. He said, yes, but no one pays any attention to them. In other words, they are not so loud and in your face.

I asked him if he would mind living next to Colin Powell. His response, "no, he's white". He also speaks highly of Obama (even though he didn't vote for him). He says "He's my president too", which I feel glad about his attitude on this.

In conclusion, I think the fear is not about skin color but about giving everything to the lower class people who take no responsibility for their lives. Like the ones that you see on Jerry Springer. It's just that these Conservatives equate that with skin color. Am I making any sense?

I think Obama will help heal this because they will see high profile, educated, African Americans. I feel by his second term everyone will be in love with him. [Wink]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh come on guys we watched Sarah Palin hanging from someone's house on TV for a week and not a squak out of your folks.
Gold, You need to get him through the first term Gold before you worry about the second.

Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
Look, I live in the heart of Texas around these people. Fortunately, I do work for a state university with mostly liberals. [Smile]

From my perspective these Texas conservatives have the same attitude as Palin and Bush. One thing that I think contributes to their prejudice is that they see so few educated African Americans. They look at the ones that are the lower class and put all in this barrel.

I have been arguing with my republican son lately. He is the supervisor of an auction car wash and tells me about a man that works for him with 5 kids from different women and he gets welfare. I said that there are lower class whites just like that. He said, yes, but no one pays any attention to them. In other words, they are not so loud and in your face.

I asked him if he would mind living next to Colin Powell. His response, "no, he's white". He also speaks highly of Obama (even though he didn't vote for him). He says "He's my president too", which I feel glad about his attitude on this.

In conclusion, I think the fear is not about skin color but about giving everything to the lower class people who take no responsibility for their lives. Like the ones that you see on Jerry Springer. It's just that these Conservatives equate that with skin color. Am I making any sense?

I think Obama will help heal this because they will see high profile, educated, African Americans. I feel by his second term everyone will be in love with him. [Wink]

Gold, this is an excuse. Whites have seen educated black people since the very beginning on the union.
Every time your son had a peanut butter sandwich it was because of an educated black man.
Clarence Thomas has been a supreme court judge for decades now, and who hasn't heard of DOCTOR Martin Luther King and Supreme court Justice Thurgood Marshall.
These are but a drop in the bucket.
Black achievement literally surrounds every major and minor aspect of American life.
The fact is racist states like Texas intentional HIDE it, out of fear, in their teaching the young in elementary to university level indoctrination.

An example is, boxing.
Who is the number one boxing promoter in the world and worth billions?
An un-educated black man by the name of, Don King.
Who is the second largest?
An Yale educated Jewish lawyer by the name of, Bob Arum.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by refreshed:

Yes, the ill treatment of Irish, Mormons and Chinese was every bit as bad as Hitler and the Jewish Holocaust.
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
meninarmer, Things are possibly different from state to state. I am telling you my unbiased observations from here. I am telling you what people see in their communities not about the rare individuals who are far removed from them like Dr. Martin Luther King.

I think that a large percentage of the African Americans in my community have an unrealistic view of the white community. It appears that they feel that everything is handed to us. I will give you an example. I used to work in a doctors office that housed five neurologist. There were two black ladies who worked in the office. One of them would always make snide racial remarks. It was so obvious that the other black lady would try and avoid her cause she knew that she was treated the same as the rest of us. We all had to get up and go to work, yet she acted like she was the only one.

I asked one of the doctors what was the deal with her. He said that she was lovely when they first met her and actually offered her a job. He doesn't know why she changed.

Another experience that I have had is at school. I have gone to several community collages and two Universities. The community collages have a good representation of the black population, but I noticed that few are in the upper level classes yet many are in the student lounges.

The public universities that I have attended do not have very many African Americans in relation to their population in the community. This is strikingly noticeable. Ask Hibbah about her university.

Another observation. I was out of work for quite some time with a child to raise. I was able to get food stamps. The food stamp office - 99% African American even though there is a large Hispanic population in the area.

I am not giving reason for these things because I don't know the reason. I am simply stating my observation. I do not judge people by the color of their skin. One of my dearest longtime friends is a black girl. We went to collage then uni together. I know her family and she knows mine. She is not just an acquaintance but a dear life long friend.

Obama is proof that a man can achieve no matter the color of his skin. He could not of won this election with the black vote alone. He won because intelligent people of all races voted for him. Blacks may have voted for him because of the color of his skin but the rest of us did not.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
quote:
Originally posted by refreshed:

Yes, the ill treatment of Irish, Mormons and Chinese was every bit as bad as Hitler and the Jewish Holocaust.
What I was commenting on is the fact that Irish, Mormons, and Chinese had entered the USA at thee very bottom of the social structure and left a similar status of their home countries.

These groups were expecting liberty and dignity but were exploited much in the same manner as former/descendant of former African slaves.

Instead of sympathizing with African Americans these new groups demonized African Americans because African Americans suffered the worst conditions of any group in the USA and thus make themsleves distinct and alien hopeing to put distance between us and them. Possibly improve their lot in society.

Menes by the way the Holocaust of the Jews happened in Europe. The EU abolished slavery roughly about a decade before the USA. Still a century later the Holocaust happened on EU soil.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Throughout the history of the human race we find unfairness. Obviously all of the examples mentioned here are good. We strive to live our lives at the highest moral level possible but this insane liberal idea that man is "perfectable" only clouds reality. These horror stories continue to occur around the globe because in reality life is not fair. The human condition is, as Aristotle said, based on "lust, rage and greed." No amount of technological progress will cahnge that.
Some bearded kooky left wing professor ranting about global ethics and brotherhood is about as helpful as a bad case of the flu.
I will say in closing that the idea of comparing the Mormons, Chinese and Irish in America to jews in the Holocaust is one of the truly most ignorant statements every made.

Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

You know, the thing about Texas is there are some bad apples, and it has a rep. for being this scary, red neck state- but, at least where I've grown up, the Majority of people have been wonderful, and not hateful at all.

There were the nutcases, but what are you going to do?

I understand the progressive egalitarian mindset behind the thinking of many African Americans- that they have been disadvantage because of institionalized oppression in the recent past- But I also understand the liberal ideaology that an individual can achieve (usually) if they try, and you've got to keep trying.

I think in reality its somewhere between the two. I don't think you can deny the lasting effects of slavery or segregation, but at the same time, one has to try their best to help themselves.

I've heard African Americans voice the attitude that you're talking about of_gold, but I've heard it from students at my university or friends who are working to achieve a higher education. And so I really respect them, and I just figure its not something that I can understand because I haven't shared in their experience.

And as for the people you're talking about of_gold, the ones who complain but who aren't helping themselves- I agree, its problematic- but I think it has to do with their view of the world- if a black kid grows up in Fair Park, and he sees his parents working for the minimum wage, or living on welfare, all his neighbors, friends, relatives- everyone around him, living this type of life, a life with limitations- that might make him believe that THIS is about it in life. At the most basic level- what does he see? Black people on this side of the city making such and such amount of money, with such and such lives, and then over there- on the other side, people are driving BMW's, living in beautiful homes...and they're all White (for the most part).

I think its important for people to go into these communities to reinforce the idea that "Yes, You CAN become an engineer, a teacher, a physician, you can own a home in the suburbs, you can own a nice car..." Because I've seen how people will try and drag you down; had a black friend from elementary to Middle school- she was so sweet, intelligent, and hard working. She graduated 12th in our class, our of 500 kids. And she used to get so MUCH crap from some of the other black kids- they made fun of her for "trying to be white"(oreo) and being "confused", and it was really upsetting to her.

And some of these kids that you talk to- not just african americans, but latinos too, they look at you like you're insane if you suggest that they could go to school and become a Physician.

But of_gold, I think you're so right. Seeing Obama as the president of the U.S. is going to mean SO much for so many of these kids; because this is an in your face example- its the ultimate example. He was disadvantaged growing up in so many ways- but he did it.

of_gold
Member # 13418

I agree with everything you said Hibbah.

Obama is an example for all of us black and white. There are many white children growing up with a single mother and many families struggling financially.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Don't expect a check anytime soon ladies.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
In my life time, I have excelled in every endeavor I attempted.
Today, I am blessed because I get paid good money to sit in my home office and do what amounts to being a secondary hobby.

To get to this point, I worked at NASA, JHU-APL, Intel, alongside PhDs, and that was BEFORE I had obtained my degree in engineering. Why would they hire a black man sans a formal degree? Simply because they could not accomplish what I could. I am just gifted.

I can tell you with no doubt, the majority of the places above, I was usually the only black person working there, and it had absolutely nothing to do with qualifications. The fact is, these people in spite of have PhDs, were as racist as hell. They would have very much preferred to hire someone like Hammer. But a Hammer cannot achieve the milestones and accomplishments the same as I. So, while they hated it, they paid me to make them look good.

Between that time and today, I have been randomly shoot at by whites 6 times.
Attempted to be run over by white driven automobiles 2 times, and 3 whites driving a pickup and waving baseball bats tried to run me off of I95 in broad day light once.
You can say these incidents were just isolated, random occurrences, but the fact is, none of these white people knew me, and not once in my life have I ever done anything remotely similar to cause physical harm to any white person.

Still, following this do I hate whites?
No, I recognize mental illness prompts these things.
Do I fear whites?
No. I fear for my and other black people's children who aren't as resilient as I, and may actually catch a hate bullet or something similar simply because white priority does not place emphasis on addressing their illnesses.

Where a state like Texas spends ~$30M annually on public mental health, a state like New York spends ~$400M on public mental health, and clearly it shows.

Barack Obama was elected due to a convolution of unique parallel circumstances.
His family background, his educational level, his understanding of what to say and more importantly, what not to say, the country' economic climate, and following one of the most incompetent white men in US history, George Bush, together with the alignment of the stars made this ideal outcome possible.
Without any one of the above gates, the outcome would have certainly been quite different.

refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:
Don't expect a check anytime soon ladies.

What does this mean?

A check, a survey whether or not a Black President is having an effect on the social, professional and economic oppression of non-whites?

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
its about liberals. they always want a check of some sort refreshed. Example, "give me the best medical care but I want it free."
Just a little sport...

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Or an even more perfect example;

"Give us a $700B welfare check, interest free, without checks and balances or any oversight, because we did so very well managing the resources before."
OR,

"We only earned $20B profit this quarter selling oil, so please give us a $2B welfare check to help us out Mr. Bush/McCain."

Why waste time comparing seeds to trees when you can just cut straight to the whole damn grove.

Since Ronald Reagan Americans have pretty much given at minimum $250B of welfare checks to corporations who didn't actually need it, versus approx. $2-3 billion for poor people in need.

That's what a logical person would call, a strong, over-powering signal versus, noise.

of_gold
Member # 13418

I'm sorry that you have had those bad experiences meninarmer. [Frown]

--------------------

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
That's life Gold.
The Ying and the Yang.
Osiris and Set.

But thank YOU for your warm regards. [Cool]

refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:
its about liberals. they always want a check of some sort refreshed. Example, "give me the best medical care but I want it free."
Just a little sport...

20 years ago my grandfather died from a preventable heart condition.

He was a self employed excavator/contractor, you know the "joe plumber" type guy. In the past he had employed several workers and provided health care.

Due to the health issues of previous employees he changed HMO plans after he had open heart surgery.

Just 18 months before he died on a new plan he needed a triple bypass, but it was a "pre-existing condition", so the HMO wouldn't cover it. It was essentially a $250,000 procedure he couldn't afford.

So he died.

Is there a check somewhere in there for a liberal who died of a preventable condition?

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
humm well that is ashame. I'm sorry that happened to him.
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Blacks may have voted for him because of the color of his skin but the rest of us did not.

...or better yet, voted for him, because there are Black individuals out there who think that because of his "ethnicity", Obama would be able to more readily identify with problems faced by the Black communities; it therefore goes back to the socio-economic issue. Is that not what the rest of the "us" would have voted for, or so, they thought? If so, then the Blacks would not be different from folks in the "rest of us".
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
The most dynamic candidate, all things being equal, usually wins. If Obama had been a black conservative republican with the skills he has he would have still been nominated and won the election. Fact is, he may not have been a better man than John McCain but he was a much better candidate.
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^You're an idiot. You use words as if you're not trying to communicate. Don't you know words are tools for communication? Are you THAT MUCH of a dumbo? How old are you anyway? You must be over 70.

WORDS are not just turds for you to throw at people that you don't agree with.

How DARE you even call McCain a man in the same sentence as Obama? McCain is a Chimp. [Mad]

That's like totally insulting and I think you should show more respect for your President.

You should apologise.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Herukhuti, Time to grow up a bit. When you yell, scream and insult people you leave the impression that you are rude and have an emotional problem. You can do better than that.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Why does McCain walk like a mummy?

Because when he baled out of his jet in Nam, the goof clumsily got tangled up in his own parachute and it didn't deploy correctly.
Because of this he plummeted to earth and luckily landed in a lake.
Even while landing in water he shattered both legs, an arm, collar bone and ribs which kept him from being able to swim, so he sank, drowning until he was saved by a VietCong officer.
Turns out, that officer was 100x more useful to McCain then Joe The Plumper.

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Herukhuti, Time to grow up a bit. When you yell, scream and insult people you leave the impression that you are rude and have an emotional problem. You can do better than that.

I am definitely rude to you. In FACT, if I could I would not use words but the BACK OF MY HAND to address you.
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

We need Hammer's views here. We need to know how Conservatives think about the issues. We can learn from him telling us. Like what he says or not, there are a whole lot of people who think just like him.

It would be boring on this forum if we were all the same. We would run out of things to talk about.

You really are a good sport to come here and express your views Hammer. I used to post on a Republican forum. They ended up closing down the website. You guys just give us to much good material to work with. [Wink]

refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:
Originally posted by Explorateur:
quote:

Blacks may have voted for him because of the color of his skin but the rest of us did not.

...or better yet, voted for him, because there are Black individuals out there who think that because of his "ethnicity", Obama would be able to more readily identify with problems faced by the Black communities; it therefore goes back to the socio-economic issue. Is that not what the rest of the "us" would have voted for, or so, they thought? If so, then the Blacks would not be different from folks in the "rest of us".
Like Oprah gives a damn about her fellow African Americans?

I can imagine opposing candidates in Chicago slammed Obama for having a white mother and for not growing up in a black community.

I am just a little frightened by his choice of chief of staff. Clinton did a great job masking Rahm Emmanuel's extreme views. I wouldn't vote for Hillary in the primaries because of her strong Israeli backing but I got the same result.

I hate to say it but Obama is a politician, like anyone else. I believe he will get the economy on track, tackle our debt, and stablize foreign relations.

But when Clinton did his most effective, dynamic and sustaining policy changes in the first 100 days in office; you could see his machine churn and reve up just days after he won the first election. Clinton had immensely improved our quality of life before he took his presidential oath.

What I see Obama doing is satisfy his patsy's and compaign contributors at this time.

Obama really has to prove himself to me because I see a "Oprahesque" politician, not a Clintonite.

The cut throat politics he did in Chicago is not typical of a civil rights activist when his most stinging acts were delivered after a very Black opponent poked at Obama about his origins.

huntchback
Member # 15883

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntchback     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we should give the guy a chance. He hasn't even taken the oath yet. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 173 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND NOW the world is witnessing the true america. the racist america. Whities cant hide their racisim any more. they cant, they wont let a black president lead them. this is not going to end well.
Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:
Originally posted by Egor:
I think we should give the guy a chance. He hasn't even taken the oath yet. [Roll Eyes]

As I had stated in my previous post.....

Pre-oath action is about the only time innovative, culture changing, establishment altering plans can be put into play.

After that Presidents have to play ball.

First 100 days you pay back your campaign contributors for their support.

Rahm Emmanuel is just bad news.

refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:
Originally posted by Shooky:
AND NOW the world is witnessing the true america. the racist america. Whities cant hide their racisim any more. they cant, they wont let a black president lead them. this is not going to end well.

According to the US Census bureau you are white.

According to world media Oprah is white too.

I just hope Obama has enough contempt and distrust for a "white" political system to attack its base and tear down a corrupt system.

Which is probably why many whites voted for him, the Minorities voted for him because he wasn't white.

I've been hearing for decades in mostly of color neighborhoods that a 'Black' President would solve all of America's problems, release Blacks from tyrany and a system that holds them back. Now will be the time when of color people learn that "cult of personality" rhetoric, actions of one man will not reverse all hardship and sociotal abuses.

It takes people of all walks of life, each and every citizen to alter and reform their world view and attitudes to change the nation we live in.

Instead of waiting for a "messiah" incremental and very personal changes is what will change our collective fate.

Persons of color, many whites, and Egyptians throw their fate to one person insistantly instead of taking opportunities when they are available to eventually change ourselves.

smileyjones
Member # 15911

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smileyjones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wikipedia already trying to delete article on Rahm Emanuel's father

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_M._Emanuel

This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.

Benjamin M. Emanuel is a Chicago pediatrician and former member of the Irgun[1][2]. He is the father of U.S. Congressman and White House Chief of Staff-designate Rahm Emanuel, NIH bioethicist Ezekiel J. Emanuel, talent agent Ari Emanuel, and adopted daughter Shoshana.[1] Born in Jerusalem in 1927,[1] he later emigrated to America in the 1950s[3] and married Martha Smulevitz. They lived first in Chicago and later moved to Wilmette.[1] Emanuel’s family adopted their surname in 1933, after Benjamin’s brother, Emanuel Auerbach, was killed in a skirmish with Arabs in Jerusalem.[1] According to Benjamin Emanuel, his son Rahm is the namesake of Rahamim, a Lehi combatant who was killed.[2]

Quotes

"Obviously he [ Rahm Emanuel ] will influence the president to be pro-Israel. Why wouldn't he be? What is he, an Arab? He's not going to clean the floors of the White House." [3][4][5]

Posts: 71 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shady Aftermath
Member # 14754

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Shady Aftermath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oprah is white [Confused]
Posts: 368 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What could possibly justify the inordinate U.S assistance towards Israel?
Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

quote:
Originally posted by sudaniya:

The political and financial power and influence of the Christian Right and of AIPAC.

No Israel= No Second Coming of Jesus Christ, which the Religious Right simply can't live with.

Pestersome
Member # 16016

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pestersome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sudaniya:

Camp David Peace Accords 1979.

Very simple, a political document between Pres. Carter, forget the IDF fat head's name, and Anwar Sadat.

Its what got Sadat executed.

Oh and the British Mandate which is a predecessor to the NATO peace treaty.

All sanctioned by UN Law, which Australia also abides by.

Posts: 107 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
refreshed, Onmama is part of the system you mentioned, it would be suicide for him to attack it. Many of you are about to see just how little real power the president of the United States really has. Even so, there is no real difference between the substantive policy Obama will follow and that which we would have had from John Mccain.
We have to distingish between what politicans say on the campaign trail and what they actually do in office. In terms of foreign policy there is an "American policy" not a Bush, Obama or MCain policy. The window dressing may differ a bit but the core policy is always the same.
Obama will now abandon Rev Wright and all of his old friends. He know has a newer, more powerful group of associates who have different ideas.
In 2006 dems ran ofn the platform of ending the war. "Elect us and we'll end this war." When they won they turned around and voted for every Iraq war bill that came through.
What politicans do is far more telling than what they say.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com