EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Tax Cuts: The B.S. and the Facts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tax Cuts: The B.S. and the Facts
smileyjones
Member # 15911

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smileyjones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The brute facts are these:

* Large income tax cuts are followed by a bubble and then a crash.

* High income taxes correlate with economic growth.

* Income tax increases are followed by economic growth.

* Moderate income tax cuts are followed by a flat economy.

* All of this is especially true as applied to the top tax rates, the amount paid on income that exceeds the highest bracket.

web page

Posts: 71 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is simply complete nonsense. We live in a consumer driven global economy. If you increase taxes, thus taking money out of the consumer economy the economic activity of the country slows down.
John F Kennedy, Ronald Reagan and Bush II all proved, with the tax cuts they pushed, that cutting taxes stimulates growth.

What Smiley is trying to sell you is Keynesian economics. Keynesian economis was generally discredited in the 1970's. Under that theory it was thought that high inflation and high unemployment were mutually exclusive, that if you had one you would not have the other.

Many liberals have tried to hang on to Kaynesian economics not because they think it will grow the economy but rather because it makes possible more government control, which is true.

Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:
That is simply complete nonsense. We live in a consumer driven global economy. If you increase taxes, thus taking money out of the consumer economy the economic activity of the country slows down.
John F Kennedy, Ronald Reagan and Bush II all proved, with the tax cuts they pushed, that cutting taxes stimulates growth.

What Smiley is trying to sell you is Keynesian economics. Keynesian economis was generally discredited in the 1970's. Under that theory it was thought that high inflation and high unemployment were mutually exclusive, that if you had one you would not have the other.

Many liberals have tried to hang on to Kaynesian economics not because they think it will grow the economy but rather because it makes possible more government control, which is true.

Hammer, what the hell are you talking about???? Republicans only cut tax breaks for the wealthy, it is proven under Reagan and The war criminal that thank god will be gone in 2 months that they created more beuracracy=more government control,let our deficit grow into a monster that is now out of control and ONLY tried to stimulate the economy with their paultry little insulting 300 check when it was too late.

Dont you get it yet-Republican government DOES NOT WORK OR BENEFIT THE MIDDLE CLASS!!! Better to have us ALL bite the bullet, raise taxes for the wealthy and make them pay what the rest of us are paying, make all of those idiots on wall street criminally responsible for their irresponsible acts. The people have spoken, everyone is calling out george bush as the worst president in history who has made Our Great Country the laughing stocks of the world.

I wish we could take people like you and put you all on your own continent with no way for you to escape and let all the world watch while you bankrupt and bomb the hell out of each other... [Razz]

You absolutely have no idea about economics as you have proven before when you told me we were not heading into an economic melt down [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rummy, You amy understand a lot of things but economics is not one of them. The Kennedy, Reagan, Bush tax cuts did include the middle class. In addition federal revenue intake from those taxes actuallt INCREASED the amount of money avilable to the federal government. The deficit, aa a % of GNP, is actually lower than it has been in years.
Further, obama is going to fight the war. The war has never been a war of 'choice.'

Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
I'm amazed you can even balance your checkbook.
I suppose living in a trailer, smoking Meth, and receiving welfare helps.

Watch your language. Other members obviously accept your foul mouth I don't. This post has been reported. ~ TL
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rummy, You amy understand a lot of things but economics is not one of them. The Kennedy, Reagan, Bush tax cuts did include the middle class. In addition federal revenue intake from those taxes actuallt INCREASED the amount of money avilable to the federal government. The deficit, aa a % of GNP, is actually lower than it has been in years.
Further, obama is going to fight the war. The war has never been a war of 'choice.'

Hammer, are you just playing with me??? Seriously, I feel we are in an alternate universe right now. What are you talking about , our deficit is lower than it has been in years [Confused] [Confused]

It is all over CNN, Even out of bush's own mouth. We are trillions of dollars in debt,even more than what Reagan did to us. Seriously, stop trying to up one on me and look at the news, CNN, Nightline..etc. You are starting to make me feel like Im in that movie Stepford wives starring TAP!! [Eek!]

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
The only number that counts Rummy is the deficit as a % of GNP. Let me give you an example. Which is the greater deficit... an economy of $12 with a $2 deficit or an economy of $1 with a 50 cent deficit. $2 is a greater number but in terms of the economy 50 cents is greater. Our deficit today is about where it was in 1993. It was vastly worse in the mid 60's than it is now.

Reagan saved up Rummy, without his tax cut we would have remained in the stagflation of the late 1970's. You cannot tax your way to prosperity.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You cannot tax your way to prosperity. [/QB]

But you can certainly steal it, right Hammer.

Stop crying about paying your fair share of taxes. If you don't want to pay for roads, schools, social functions, then pack your gear and move in with TL on the KKK ranch.

Whatever you decide, just stop your constant whining and gnashing of false teeth.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Watch your language. Other members obviously accept your foul mouth I don't. This post has been reported. ~ TL
Go away old wrinkly broad.
There are Nazis requiring your motherly love and saggy breastes.

I am not going anywhere. THIS is just the beginning until you change your style of language. You might get away with it on the "Ancient Forum" but not here. Others readers should not be put in the position to endure your abusive language on this board.

Your post has been reported.

~ TL

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Go away old wrinkly broad.
There are Nazis requiring your motherly love and saggy breastes.

[Eek!] [Eek!] Good for you tiger
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be happy if they eliminated the income tax altogether and went with a national sales tax. Let consumerism drive the tax directly (except on grocery food, let it remain untaxed). I get tired of the fed taking 40% of my income directly off the top.

I get paid on a 1099 basis, so I'm stuck with the stupid "self employed" tax on top of the normal 18-20%. If I quit this job and worked for half the pay at a different company my "net" take home would not change! Why punish someone for being ambitious and successful?

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hammer, that is exactly what you want to do, take money from the working class and give it to the rich. [Roll Eyes] Then borrow, borrow, borrow.

Very little that you say makes any sense at all. [Razz]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I did exactly that. No member should suffer from your abusive language on this forum.

Your post has been reported.

~ TL

[ 13. November 2008, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Amr- ]

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, your posts are always shallow and irrelevant.
I usually ignore you unless in your psycho-hate you directly address me.
I suggest you do the same Mrs. Grand Wizard.

If you have LURKED in the AE section, you should have noticed that my language is like a boy scouts versus many other members. Those members are white so you don't report them, and neither have I.

Notice your klan child, American Hammer, has never once won a single debate in the AE section, or this one. Amazing, for someone supposedly a history professor.
With the lack of intellect both of you display, you are not to be taken seriously.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Gold, You have been reading too many left wing blogs. Just because democrats say play the old social class card does not make it so. Politics changed in America in 1968. Many of today's republicans were democrats back in the day. The fact is that all three major tax cuts, Kennedy, Reagan, Bush lowered taxes across the board. Lower taxes grow the economy, higher taxes shirnk the economy. You know and I know that Obama CANNOT do half the things he is talking about without increasing taxes on everyone.
He has two choices. One, he can move away from tax increases and give up all of his cherished social programs or two, he can try to pass the programs in the face of a declining economy forcing hugh tax increases. Looks like a catch 22 to me. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Ditto the middle east.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Politics changed in America in 1968. Many of today's republicans were DIXIECRATS back in the day.

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Gold, You have been reading too many left wing blogs. Just because democrats say play the old social class card does not make it so. Politics changed in America in 1968. Many of today's republicans were democrats back in the day. The fact is that all three major tax cuts, Kennedy, Reagan, Bush lowered taxes across the board. Lower taxes grow the economy, higher taxes shirnk the economy. You know and I know that Obama CANNOT do half the things he is talking about without increasing taxes on everyone.
He has two choices. One, he can move away from tax increases and give up all of his cherished social programs or two, he can try to pass the programs in the face of a declining economy forcing hugh tax increases. Looks like a catch 22 to me. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Ditto the middle east.

Not True. I have been thinking. [Big Grin] You should try it sometimes. [Wink]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Actually, your posts are always shallow and irrelevant.
I usually ignore you unless in your psycho-hate you directly address me.
I suggest you do the same Mrs. Grand Wizard.

If you have LURKED in the AE section, you should have noticed that my language is like a boy scouts versus many other members. Those members are white so you don't report them, and neither have I.

Notice your klan child, American Hammer, has never once won a single debate in the AE section, or this one. Amazing, for someone supposedly a history professor.
With the lack of intellect both of you display, you are not to be taken seriously.

You can use your ghetto language with people you hang out with or on the toilet but not here.

I report people who violate board rules - I don't care if they are white, black, yellow or green - and you are doing it over and over again.

I won't ignore your mean insults rather I will point out each and every time your abusive posts towards other members.

~ TL

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Like your klan child American Hammer, you could never hope to win a debate.
Go back to the entertainment section where you are most comfortable and post more Madonna and Lohan threads.
You lack any intellectual tools to participate in any real conversation. Don't blame me for your lack of education.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
The interesting thing is he actually thinks we care about his insults. He has yet to learn that you cannot have an exchange of views on that basis. We have some excellent posters here, many of whom do not agree with me. I respect the views of everyone here if they are given in a polite and productive manner.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ All of them have expressed a clear disrespect for your lack of intelligence.

Everyone knows you have repeatedly been humiliated and intellectually trashed at least once by everybody on the site. Not once have you managed to come close to winning a single debate.

You remain here solely to provide laughs and giggles to us all. Beyond that, you have absolutely no value, "professor American Hammer/Hore/American Patriot/etc...."

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
It is not about winning a debate.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ For you, it's always about LOSING a debate.

alTakruri Wrote to Hore:

True, you have never taught that nor anything else
because you are not a teacher, much less a professor, nor any kind of professional educator at all. Newbies should know we outted your false claims to academia years ago.

Djehuti Wrote about Hore:
Well perhaps, as another poster mentioned, he taught a woodshop class! LMAO [Big Grin]

Mmmkay to Hore:
You seem to have a knack for pretending as if you know something about a topic and not producing one shred of evidence or citation for any of your assertions. You end up blowing alot of "hot air" or all talk and no "substance".

Herukhuti about Hore/Hammer:
Do you think Obama will lock up these very dangerous nutjobs like TheAmericanPatriot in nuthouses if/when he wins the election?

They're all over the place like rodents.
Our children are not safe.

Doug M to Hore/Hammer:
The problem with you is you have failed 10th grade history because if you didn't you wouldn't keep making the absurd statements you make. 10th grade history books agree with a lot of what has been said here and a lot of the rest is above a tenth grade level to begin with. But of course, you are unable to participate in debates that require independent thinking...

Alive-(What Box) about Hore/Hammer:
More like a fabricated, imaginary, non-existant authority which is why most of the time most of us ignore Hore.

unfinished thought writes about Hore/Hammer:
This form of "scientific" racism is sick and dangerous, and I hope people will not be duped by it.

Knowledgeiskey718 writes about Hore/hammer:
Of course A.P. is not to be taken seriously.

As we can see from the following, his frequent usage of outdated terms and classifications is clearly of some old senile simpleton feeble mind, living ignorantly and desperately in the past. The elderly mans refusal to debate, while ducking and dodging is clearly indicative of him actually knowing he is wrong, but unwillingness to accept it.

I grow tired of the repetition, but I believe I've made my point.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
[Roll Eyes]

silly stuff

As Tiger implied you have taken yourself out of the conversation by your low class ghetto behavior. I could care less what you think.
You are almost always ignored, why you keep responding to my posts in particular is quite bizarre.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Knowledgeiskey718 writes about Hore/hammer:

"The elderly mans refusal to debate, while ducking and dodging is clearly indicative of him actually knowing he is wrong, but unwillingness to accept it."

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
[Roll Eyes]

silly stuff

As Tiger implied you have taken yourself out of the conversation by your low class ghetto behavior. I could care less what you think.
You are almost always ignored, why you keep responding to my posts in particular is quite bizarre.

LOL, Tiger the trailer diva's opinion is important to who?

As the above posts clearly show, no one here takes you seriously except for laughs, and they've all pretty much mirrored my opinion of you, word for word...and I've only taken time to repost 1/100th of such comments.
I guess we are all low class ghetto in your weak education-less eyes [Big Grin]

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
You can reply all you wish, I'm not interested.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
That's exactly my point hammer.
We only take time to respond to you to give you additional rope to hang and humiliate yourself...and you do it every time.

smileyjones
Member # 15911

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smileyjones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone please explain to me how the out of control spending habits of greedy Americans are the fault of the President? If you didn't understand your mortgage you SHOULDN'T HAVE SIGNED IT. Common sense should tell you when you make 45,000.00 a year you probably can't afford a 500,000.00 home. Quit blaming the President and place the blame where it belongs : greedy consumers.
Posts: 71 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Only Hammer would agree with that simplistic logic.
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
good point smiley. People always like to have someone to blame for their mistakes. The President is an easy target.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
As predicted.
Smiley, I wouldn't consider this as, complimentary.
Can either of you factually PROVE your ASSUMPTION?

smileyjones
Member # 15911

Rate Member
I am not saying it isn't the President AT ALL just that greedy consumers are not innocent. The President with his spending and wars has only put the straw on the camels back. This President in particular (BUSH) couldn't have been a worse spender if we had planned it. Then again he drove all of his businesses into the ground so why be shocked?
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
smiley, All spending power in the American goverment rests in Congress, the president has zero power to pass spending bills. You are putting the blame in the wrong place.
You can be critical of the president for not using his veto more often. That said, if he had done so the very same people who now try to accuse him of excessive spending would have been critical of the vetoes. It is just politics and it is always the same.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
So, now you move from, "it's all the consumers fault and the President has nothing to do with it", to "The President has much to do with it, and the consumers contribute".
Well, this is a start in the correct direction.

Facts

1) The President names the Secretary Of Treasury
2) The President names members of the Federal Reserve
3) The President names the Secretary Of Do Energy
4) 9/11 occurred under Bush's watch
5) The President lied and started the war.
6) Reagan, Bush, and Bush championed outsourcing of US middle class jobs, losing 2.9M over last 8 years.

All of the above have much more influence on the US economy than a few consumers purchasing homes above their means. The above list is only partial and does not mention actions such as deregulation and Republican style corporate welfare.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
1. The Secretary of Tresaury does not pass spending bills
2. The FED members are appointed by several presidents over a period of time and are independent
3. The Energy Secretary cannot rig the global oil market
4. just a stupid remark, as usual, we all know when 9/11 took place.
5. The President did not lie and the war has been won.
6. outsourcing jobs is part of living in a global economy. We have had a tremendous growth in middle class jobs under all three of those Presidents. Clinton also agreed with their policies, you left him out.

This kid meninarmer would not know an economic theory from a dump truck. The lack of basic education displayed by this kid is astounding.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Facts VERSUS FACTOIDS

factoid n 1: something resembling a fact; unverified (often invented) information that is given credibility because it appeared in print

1) The Secretary Of Treasury is the President's leading policy advisor on a broad range of domestic and international economic issues.

2) George Bush nominated Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the President's Council of Economic Advisors, as Alan Greenspan’s successor to head the Federal Reserve Board of Governors in 2005.

3) The Secretary of Energy with the assistance of deregulation, can very well "rig" the global oil market.

4) 9/11 cost America $100s of Billion, and lead to the creation of many Republican led "PRIVATIZED" overnight billion dollar industries such as, TSA, Homeland Security, Blackwater, etc.

5) Bush lied through his teeth about;
*WMD
*Iraq has Al Queda, responsible for 9/11
*War would be paid for by Iraq
*We were fighting for our "freedoms"

6) We are paying for this "illusion" of "tremendous growth" now, due to the often Republican avoided, Gross National Debt (GND).

A former cocaine addicted, AWOL Guardsmen with 3 DWIs appeals to the lowest intellectual element of US citizens because he is an mirror image of themselves, stupid, incompetent, and very afraid.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
You are a comple moron if you want to get on this board in front of the world and claim Al Queda was not responsible for 9-11. I fail to understand how you can get up in the morning and dress yourself when you promote stupid ideas like this. It is exactly why many of our regular posters are no longer posting here. You come on here and spew this brainless silly nonsense and screw jup otherwise meaningful conversations.
the 9-11 remark alone deprives you of any credibility.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ You are so stupid (Bushite) that you cannot read and instead see what you wish.

Item 5 specifically states, Bush lied to the American public by falsely stating that responsible Al Queda were in Iraq.

Stop trying to invent, factoids out of presented, facts.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
i think I will follow some of the other regular posters on the board and let you talk to yourself here.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Insanity can be contagious, but you are right. A few billion dollar bad home loans brought down the trillion dollar US economy.
In fact, this is what Reagan did to collapse the Russian economy. He arranged for Russians to over extend their home mortgages, broke their economy, and ended the cold war.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com