EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Israel launches air strikes on Gaza, 155 dead (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Israel launches air strikes on Gaza, 155 dead
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for binhaden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
akoben, I read that piece, cursorily, and it seems to be a failed effort at labeling Chomsky a closet sympathizer of Zionism. More importantly, it does precious little to invalidate my statement (in its entirety).

Israel is a rogue client state of the United States in the Middle East. It is the dominant one in a number of client states in the region. Israel is no more a democracy than the US is. It has its own strategic goals, of course, but these goals conveniently coincide, for the moment, with the goals of the United States. It is there to put the fear of god in all the Arab states surrounding it. It is also their because Zionists wanted a homeland in the "holy" land. A marriage of convenience, as I stated earlier.

I'm not sure how Blankfort's failed attack on Chomsky fits into our discussion here except for the part where I agree with Blankfort. Namely that Israel, by simply being a client state, cannot be absolved of its crimes. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Posts: 216 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ you clearly did not read the article.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for binhaden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a relevant response. [Roll Eyes] Any specific thing you have issue with?

Unless you're the author of the said article, you can't use his incorrect argument to backup your nonexistent one.

Argue for yourself, son, or step aside.

Posts: 216 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I'm not going to argue with you. I'll only implore others to read the article for themselves to see just how off base people like you are.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masonic Rebel   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ why are you even taking him/her serious?
Your Answer Akoben

Barack Obama on Genocide in Darfur

quote:
I probaly should'nt, but when a fool advocates the invasion and denigration of my Republic, I can NOT permit the individual to propagate such lies.
[Roll Eyes]

Lost Boys of the Sudan

In the late 1980s, amidst a long-running civil war between Sudan's Arab-dominated government and the rebels in the ethnically African southern part of the country, an estimated 20,000 boys fled villages to avoid being killed by government forces or pressed into rebel militias.

In groups, these children walked for hundreds of kilometers across parched plains to the safety of camps in neighboring Ethiopia. Many died of hunger and thirst; some reportedly fell prey to lions. In 1991, a new government in Ethiopia pushed the boys back into Sudan. For a second time, they crossed Ethiopia's swollen Gilo River. During that crossing, many younger boys drowned, and some were eaten by crocodiles. After 14 more months of hardship and wandering, the surviving 10,000 boys arrived at the United Nations-run Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya.

Posts: 567 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
to avoid being killed by government forces or pressed into rebel militias.
In other words, like Darfurians, they were caught up in a civil war. Even your own sources contradict your dumbass thesis. Give it up fool.
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masonic Rebel   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody said there's not a War going on in the Sudan

This would lead to the reason why there is Genocide, Logic is not one of your strong points

quote:
After 14 more months of hardship and wandering, the surviving 10,000 boys arrived at the United Nations-run Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya.
10,000 lost children in refugee camps? [Roll Eyes] after the 20th time will start running out for Bashir

Define Genocide:

While precise definition varies among genocide scholars, a legal definition is found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG). Article 2, of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group

Posts: 567 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masonic Rebel:

Logic is not one of your strong points

True...to a tee.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Masonic Rebel:
Nobody said there's not a War going on in the Sudan

This would lead to the reason why there is Genocide,

Oh jesus, we are going in circles again. I asked you what number constitutes a "genocide"?

quote:
Define Genocide:

While precise definition varies among genocide scholars, a legal definition is found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG). Article 2, of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group

So does the 60 odd year old conflict between Palestinians and Israel constitutes genocide? [Roll Eyes]
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com