EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Quake (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Quake
Babamubarak
Member # 17328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babamubarak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I got back from work today and switched on the news I thought that the Israeli's had flattened Gaza again. The images were the exact same. Broken buildings and dead bodies and carnage.

Then once I sat down to listen I saw Obama come on live and do a press conference and realised this can't be Gaza, this has to be somewhere else?? because Obama wouldn't go live on TV and condemn the Israeli's for bombing Gaza again, so what could it be?

God help the poor people of Haiti. God help them all in that carnage. From my heart I pray for them.
They are so lucky. Because the world is mobilizing every kind of relief effort, aid, rescue to save them and so they should.
One year ago Obama took office and didn't make one statement about the Gaza Massacre. No one sent rescue teams into Gaza to lift the buildings off the bodies. In fact what they done was sit and watch as Israeli tanks fired at the ambulances trying to rescue the injured and take away the dying.
It's the same scenario but with totally different response to a humanitarian catastrophe.

Maybe next time the Israeli's massacre the Gazan's the world will take a different approach. We are ALL God's children.

How lucky today that the Haitian's are not Gazans.

Posts: 111 | From: Masr | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Ahmadinejad
Member # 17376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mama Ahmadinejad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Babamubarak:
When I got back from work today and switched on the news I thought that the Israeli's had flattened Gaza again. The images were the exact same. Broken buildings and dead bodies and carnage.

Then once I sat down to listen I saw Obama come on live and do a press conference and realised this can't be Gaza, this has to be somewhere else?? because Obama wouldn't go live on TV and condemn the Israeli's for bombing Gaza again, so what could it be?

God help the poor people of Haiti. God help them all in that carnage. From my heart I pray for them.
They are so lucky. Because the world is mobilizing every kind of relief effort, aid, rescue to save them and so they should.
One year ago Obama took office and didn't make one statement about the Gaza Massacre. No one sent rescue teams into Gaza to lift the buildings off the bodies. In fact what they done was sit and watch as Israeli tanks fired at the ambulances trying to rescue the injured and take away the dying.
It's the same scenario but with totally different response to a humanitarian catastrophe.

Maybe next time the Israeli's massacre the Gazan's the world will take a different approach. We are ALL God's children.

[Eek!]
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody cares about Gaza Baba, they bring on their own problems. The poor people of hati, unlike the Palestinians, are innocent.
An arab/muslim once told me that the Palestinians are the cock roaches of the middle east. we cannot even send them anywhere, nobody wants them.

--------------------
The tree of liberty is watered by the blood of tyrants.

Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^not true Mr.nail ,the whole world is watching what is happening .You should feel ashamed of yourself .if nobody really cares why a lot of aid being sent to Gaza ?!

And the last one which was organized by george galway ?!

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rahala:
^not true Mr.nail ,the whole world is watching what is happening .You should feel ashamed of yourself .if nobody really cares why a lot of aid being sent to Gaza ?!

And the last one which was organized by george galway ?!

so why did Egypt deport him Akmad? Never to set foot on Egyptian land again? yes Egyptians really 'help' Gaza, YOU should be ashamed of your country Akmad!
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am ashamed of the government yes not the country

and do not forget he broke the law

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe still working   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So now y suddently want the US help and interferance??? Cant y just write a list to Mr. Obama and tell him when and where he should help - and dont forget : Who he should mention in his many speaches [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] Im pretty sure that there are other people who feel he should have mentioned them too. The aboriginals in Australia, the poor people of Uzbekistan, the people of Tibet ect ect ect.

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1325 | From: For tooti http://www.csa.gov.uk/ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babamubarak
Member # 17328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babamubarak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The US watched and done nothing when Israeli planes filled with US bombs bombed the UN food stores in Gaza, when they bombed the American Schools, when they bombed all the UN buildings.

That is the work of a madman. A madman who sends the supposed aid then sits and watches as Israel bombs it and sets fire to it in the warehouse in Gaza.

A madman.

Posts: 111 | From: Masr | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babamubarak
Member # 17328

Rate Member
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20090115/ml-israel-palestinians/images/12586cb9-beeb-41ab-83cf-6e41acda7aca.jpg

This is what the Israeli's think of the American School in Gaza.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/20/kerry.american.int.school.gaza.jpg

Babamubarak
Member # 17328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe still working:
quote:

So now y suddently want the US help and interferance??? Cant y just write a list to Mr. Obama and tell him when and where he should help - and dont forget : Who he should mention in his many speaches [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] Im pretty sure that there are other people who feel he should have mentioned them too. The aboriginals in Australia, the poor people of Uzbekistan, the people of Tibet ect ect ect.

I'll excuse your complete lack of understanding and interpretation of the posts.

What the world wants is for the USA to STOP interfering. To STOP. Now is that plain enough for you?
[Roll Eyes]

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe still working   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll excuse your complete lack of understanding and interpretation of the posts.

What the world wants is for the USA to STOP interfering. To STOP. Now is that plain enough for you?
[Roll Eyes]

Why do y complain that they dont help the palestinians then and why complain about Obama doesnt mention Gaza specific in his speaches???
Posts: 1325 | From: For tooti http://www.csa.gov.uk/ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If something comes from Allah (f.e. an eartquake), it is more acceptable, isn't it? I mean that is God, the Creator, he can do whatever he wants, the same may happen to me tomorrow.
Like what happened in Haiti.

But when someone rains bombs on innocent people, just because of their nationality, and because of the politics, that's sickening.
Like what has been happening in Palestine.
However, I hate to see it as an Islamic issue as it's moreover a political one. I hate to see Islamists using this as an excuse for their hate towards Israel and Jews. Many mistakes was done by Palestinians, they prepared their misery with their own hand. But that doesn't mean that they deserve it, and the sad thing is their enemy has no mercy.
Anyway Turkey goes on being trouble for Israel after that 'One Minute'thing in Davos [Big Grin]

The Days of Israeli Pride Appear to be Gone Forever; Ayalon Apologizes To Turkey Following Deadline

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/General+News/44787/The+Days+of+Israeli+Pride+Appear+to+be+Gone+Forever;+Ayalon+Apologizes+To+Turkey+Following+Deadline.html

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il/index_e.asp

Saw a documentary on tv the other night. Dont judge all isreali as bad just as all arabs or muslims dont wanna be labelled terrorist or fanatic.

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
BTW why dont some of the rich, large and powefull arab countries help Palestine and its people both with first Aid stuff and politically. Why should the west care? All we get in return are often hate and ungratefull people. Why dont Saudi step in with aid, Dubai, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Oman. And i dont mean "weapon, boose, drug, booty aid" but real AID. Why for once dont an arab country help REALLY help, - step up and take responsibility and do some good for the sake of people - not for the image.........
That would be a dramatic change in world history if that really happend once!

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, Tibe, there are two camps, and they all show the injustice that has been done by the other. In the Netherlands the Dutch governing coalition has become divided after a study lambasted the handling of the run-up to the Iraq war on Tuesday. While the majority thought and still thinks it was unlawfull to invade Iraq,they ignored the opinion of the mass, and look how many victims were made. The same counts for the Israely/Palestinian conflict.
Why has every European country to follow the US ( read Israel) in their Middle East politics?
How many countries are on the list for the same receipe? The arrival of Obama seemes to make no difference, he even wants to send more troups to the territory, and wants European countries to follow. Why? Is what happened to the Israelis during WWII an everlasting admission of guilt to them and to the Allied Forces from then?
It's all about money and power, Tibe. From the West and from the East. It's about time that the scientists find a substitute for oil, so that the US can leave their politics alone...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rahala, Galloway should be srrested. You CANNOT aide the people in Gaza if the aid you send is going to fall into the hands of hamas. Yes, we feel sorry for the women and kids but you cannot help them as long as they are governed by a bunch of uncivilized thugs.
Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you are being a complete
A**e baba! To highlight the pain and suffering of the poor haiti people for your own agenda. If you want to talk about gaza, make a thread on THAT subject not this sad event! [Mad]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:
Rahala, Galloway should be srrested. You CANNOT aide the people in Gaza if the aid you send is going to fall into the hands of hamas. Yes, we feel sorry for the women and kids but you cannot help them as long as they are governed by a bunch of uncivilized thugs.

We have to help even Al-Aqeda governs them
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
No, we do not.

--------------------

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Sir

To suggest mass starvation
of defenceless civilians
as a war strategy makes you
not only uncivilized,
but an uncivilized war criminal...

Read up the Geneva Convention
on the law of war...

Gosh..you are so clueless...
some of u trailer park paleskin guys
r just plain pigs... swines!
Gosh! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Nonsense. Would you have approved sending in supplies to nazi Germany during WW II knowing full well they would be used to aid the efforts of an evil regime? The answer is no, no sane person would approve that. You eaten up with Political corectness.
On the other hand, if it were up to me Hamas would not be in power now and the problem ould be solved.

--------------------

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nonsense. Would you have approved sending in supplies to nazi Germany during WW II knowing full well they would be used to aid the efforts of an evil regime? The answer is no, no sane person would approve that. You eaten up with Political corectness.
On the other hand, if it were up to me Hamas would not be in power now and the problem ould be solved.

^^LoL! U r simple!

How then are you better
than your nazi brothers
since u advocate the same methodologies?

Still in good boys
bad boys, injuns n cowboys
guns and other toys
stages!

Grow up!

Even if u kill people
u can never control the sun!
Even if u fuss people
u never can control the Time... [Cool]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babamubarak
Member # 17328

Rate Member
Can someone explain to me why UNICEF and MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERS and so many other planes are being turned away filled with doctors and medicines, and US planes are completely commandeering the airport and sending out American citizens who are able to walk on to the plane and chubby healthy orphans are being strapped into them on their way to Florida and Holland?
Can someone explain to me why the 1000's of US troops are driving around the periphery in Humvee's and people carriers instead of digging with their hands to get the people out? The ex Haitian Defence Minister was asking that to the cameras [Mad]

Can someone tell me why there are Americans slapping their backs and telling themselves how wonderful they are and lining up interviews with Oprah, and how they are the only nation on earth who are equipped to deal with this type of emergency and how great they are raising millions, dont seem to be able to tune into 'Reality TV' like the rest of us and see each day scores of the injured dying because still they have no medical supplies because it is more important to fly out healthy orphans rather than fly out men and women and children who have gangrene and dying of septic shock to a hospital because planes with doctors are being turned away?

Why after 6 days are there still people who have had no food.

Someone tell me why and tell the Latin American presidents why and the foreign aid agencies why planes are being turned away filled with doctors and medicine to fly in US planes with air conditioners, computers and desks to set up Governmental offices? when the people need water and food, or their families to be dug out.
Why no more rescue teams are being allowed to land and being diverted to DR to drive overland.

I've yet to see a single soldier digging for survivors and if anyone has seen one can they post it here or on U Tube because the people around the world want to know what the 13,500 military are doing.
On TV there were so many Haitian men shouting at the cameras not to send Aid or money!!!! Calling the US thieves, and for people not to send anything. What the **** is going on?

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Atleast the western world is trying to help - where are the aid from your beloved and perfect middleeast????
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atleast the western world is trying to help - where are the aid from your beloved and perfect middleeast????

This is exactly the same question I was going to ask.

One year ago Obama took office and didn't make one statement about the Gaza Massacre. No one sent rescue teams into Gaza to lift the buildings off the bodies. In fact what they done was sit and watch as Israeli tanks fired at the ambulances trying to rescue the injured and take away the dying. It's the same scenario but with totally different response to a humanitarian catastrophe.

Yes I agreed with you, no one send rescure teams into Gaza, no even Egypt!

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we are in the ME;

Turkey sends 10 tons additional aid to Haiti
Turkey sent Sunday 10 tons of additional aid material to Haiti hit by a devastating earthquake.

A statement by the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs said total aid material dispatched by Turkey to Haiti has reached 50 tons.

After three cargo planes carrying search-rescue team, medical personnel and aid materials which departed from Ankara for Haiti on Saturday, two more planes also left for the country on Sunday.

Turkey also provided a financial aid of 1 million US dollars to Haiti.

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/news-198804-101-turkey-sends-10-tons-additional-aid-to-haiti.html

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat:
Since we are in the ME;

Turkey sends 10 tons additional aid to Haiti
Turkey sent Sunday 10 tons of additional aid material to Haiti hit by a devastating earthquake.

A statement by the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs said total aid material dispatched by Turkey to Haiti has reached 50 tons.

After three cargo planes carrying search-rescue team, medical personnel and aid materials which departed from Ankara for Haiti on Saturday, two more planes also left for the country on Sunday.

Turkey also provided a financial aid of 1 million US dollars to Haiti.

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/news-198804-101-turkey-sends-10-tons-additional-aid-to-haiti.html

Turkey is not really ME IMO. They are closer to europe both in mentality in many ways. The are even bargin to become a member of the EU.

When will Egypt, Dubai, Saudi, Oman, Syria, Iran sent aid and helpers, make fundraising concert, have people walk from door to door for red cross to collect finacial aidect ect ect.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they do... Of course the media is covering about the donations from their own countries, we also don't hear about aid given by other Wstern countries, except the US.
BUT, remember the tsunami disaster? There has been colected a whole lot of money, even right now there are millions of dollars waiting. Do you think all the people received financial aid? NO. Also aid foundations is politics...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordan seems to be the only country which stepped right into relief efforts after the earthquake.

Now UAE, Lebanon, Kuwait and Qatar announcing their immediate help.

Nothing from Saudi Arabia so far besides condolences.

Quick summary of the following article:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/579120-arab-aid-speeds-to-quake-hit-haiti

Thank you Turkey!!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Kurdistan? I don't think anyone even knows of these large Muslim peoples. Besides, the relief effort are from nations that play a primary role in producing a life expectancy in a nation that's much lower than the Palestinian counterpart. Two hundred thousand people dying in a state where people live up to fifty isn't that significant.

These economic "benefits" isn't something Palestinians require since it'll only lead the nation into hell. Most third world nations that cling onto the Western sphere end up developing into miserable states. You're better off hoping that Israel gets nuked off the planet. That would benefit Palestinians a lot more than some petty temporary aid.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ł23 million raised by the British public through DEC so far.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if that is going to create some core infrastructure, or "new" (and unsafe) housing. Let's cheer when Haiti receives the huge, multi-billion, infrastructure development grants that Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Spain and what not received.

This isn't a Marshall Plan, nor do I expect that to ever occur. I do think the differences between the "relief" provided needs to be heavily emphasized.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_01:
I wonder if that is going to create some core infrastructure, or "new" (and unsafe) housing. Let's cheer when Haiti receives the huge, multi-billion, infrastructure development grants that Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Spain and what not received.

This isn't a Marshall Plan, nor do I expect that to ever occur. I do think the differences between the "relief" provided needs to be heavily emphasized.

Is your glass always half emty??? Must be hard keeping up that negative attitude all day long. Try a viagra...... [Roll Eyes]
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Nothing will improve in Hati. the population in uneducatable and the society is disfunctional and eaten up with corruption. It has been a welfare island for decades. After the initial rescue and recovery phase is over no more tax money should be put in there. Whatever rebuilding is done should be done with private contributions.
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Nothing will improve in Hati. the population in uneducatable and the society is disfunctional and eaten up with corruption. It has been a welfare island for decades. After the initial rescue and recovery phase is over no more tax money should be put in there. Whatever rebuilding is done should be done with private contributions.

^^Another moronic comment
from the village inbred fool!

Now this is why US is responsible for Haiti:

Why does the US owe Haiti Billions? Colin Powell, former US Secretary of State, stated his foreign policy view as the "Pottery Barn rule." That is - "if you break it, you own it."

The US has worked to break Haiti for over 200 years. We owe Haiti. Not charity. We owe Haiti as a matter of justice. Reparations. And not the $100 million promised by President Obama either - that is Powerball money. The US owes Haiti Billions - with a big B.

The US has worked for centuries to break Haiti. The US has used Haiti like a plantation. The US helped bleed the country economically since it freed itself, repeatedly invaded the country militarily, supported dictators who abused the people, used the country as a dumping ground for our own economic advantage, ruined their roads and agriculture, and toppled popularly elected officials. The US has even used Haiti like the old plantation owner and slipped over there repeatedly for sexual recreation.

Here is the briefest history of some of the major US efforts to break Haiti.

In 1804, when Haiti achieved its freedom from France in the world's first successful slave revolution, the United States refused to recognize the country. The US continued to refuse recognition to Haiti for 60 more years. Why? Because the US continued to enslave millions of its own citizens and feared recognizing Haiti would encourage slave revolution in the US.

After the 1804 revolution, Haiti was the subject of a crippling economic embargo by France and the US. US sanctions lasted until 1863. France ultimately used its military power to force Haiti to pay reparations for the slaves who were freed. The reparations were 150 million francs. (France sold the entire Louisiana territory to the US for 80 million francs!)

Haiti was forced to borrow money from banks in France and the US to pay reparations to France. A major loan from the US to pay off the French was finally paid off in 1947. The current value of the money Haiti was forced to pay to French and US banks? Over $20 Billion - with a big B.

The US occupied and ruled Haiti by force from 1915 to 1934. President Woodrow Wilson sent troops to invade in 1915. Revolts by Haitians were put down by US military - killing over 2000 in one skirmish alone. For the next nineteen years, the US controlled customs in Haiti, collected taxes, and ran many governmental institutions. How many billions were siphoned off by the US during these 19 years?

From 1957 to 1986 Haiti was forced to live under US backed dictators "Papa Doc" and "Baby Doc" Duvlaier. The US supported these dictators economically and militarily because they did what the US wanted and were politically "anti-communist" - now translatable as against human rights for their people. Duvalier stole millions from Haiti and ran up hundreds of millions in debt that Haiti still owes. Ten thousand Haitians lost their lives. Estimates say that Haiti owes $1.3 billion in external debt and that 40% of that debt was run up by the US-backed Duvaliers.

Thirty years ago Haiti imported no rice. Today Haiti imports nearly all its rice. Though Haiti was the sugar growing capital of the Caribbean, it now imports sugar as well. Why? The US and the US dominated world financial institutions - the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank - forced Haiti to open its markets to the world. Then the US dumped millions of tons of US subsidized rice and sugar into Haiti - undercutting their farmers and ruining Haitian agriculture. By ruining Haitian agriculture, the US has forced Haiti into becoming the third largest world market for US rice. Good for US farmers, bad for Haiti.

In 2002, the US stopped hundreds of millions of dollars in loans to Haiti which were to be used for, among other public projects like education, roads. These are the same roads which relief teams are having so much trouble navigating now!

In 2004, the US again destroyed democracy in Haiti when they supported the coup against Haiti's elected President Aristide.

Haiti is even used for sexual recreation just like the old time plantations. Check the news carefully and you will find numerous stories of abuse of minors by missionaries, soldiers and charity workers. Plus there are the frequent sexual vacations taken to Haiti by people from the US and elsewhere. What is owed for that? What value would you put on it if it was your sisters and brothers?

US based corporations have for years been teaming up with Haitian elite to run sweatshops teeming with tens of thousands of Haitians who earn less than $2 a day.

The Haitian people have resisted the economic and military power of the US and others ever since their independence. Like all of us, Haitians made their own mistakes as well. But US power has forced Haitians to pay great prices - deaths, debt and abuse.

It is time for the people of the US to join with Haitians and reverse the course of US-Haitian relations.

This brief history shows why the US owes Haiti Billions - with a big B. This is not charity. This is justice. This is reparations. The current crisis is an opportunity for people in the US to own up to our country's history of dominating Haiti and to make a truly just response.

(For more on the history of exploitation of Haiti by the US see: Paul Farmer, The Uses of Haiti; Peter Hallward, Damming the Flood; and Randall Robinson, An Unbroken Agony)

Bill is Legal Director at the Center for Constitutional Rights and a law professor at Loyola University New Orleans. He is a Katrina survivor and has been active in human rights in Haiti for years with the Institute for Justice and Democracy in Haiti. Quigley77@gmail.com

http://countercurrents.org/quigley170110.htm

Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
More negroid victimology and pure nonsense. We have poured billions into Hati already. the country in not fixable. Living off american charity will not help the United States and will not help Hati. Secondly we do not have the money. We have an incompetent government that is out of control and putting us in debt up to our eyeballs. The public, and the new mood in the country will not tolerate pouring money doen a Hatian drain pipe.
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
More negroid victimology and pure nonsense. We have poured billions into Hati already. the country in not fixable. Living off american charity will not help the United States and will not help Hati. Secondly we do not have the money. We have an incompetent government that is out of control and putting us in debt up to our eyeballs. The public, and the new mood in the country will not tolerate pouring money doen a Hatian drain pipe.

More pinkoid (pink man) nonsense.

You have to pay your debts
whether u r broke or not.

U owe Haiti too much,
from the years of loot and destruction
you must PAY!!!

Yes pinkie, you must pay!

Babamubarak
Member # 17328

Rate Member
If there is one thing the US is an expert at it is installing dictatorships around the world.

There is no doubt that the massive military build up in Haiti and the 20 helicopters now on the lawn of the Presidential Palace are there to make sure they keep the corrupt and puppet prez in place.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rene Preval was safely ensconced in the guest bedroom at the White House till it all dies down. He certainly hasn't been visible on the streets of Port au Prince [Roll Eyes]

The US are not there to aid the starving people. They are there to maintain the 'puppet's' regime at all costs.

Secure it as a base until he can take over power again.

I love it when people start going on about the dictators in the Middle east [Big Grin]

Each and every one from Saddam to Karzai has been put in place by the USA.

Ironlung

you are wasting your time with Hammer. Nobody is that stupid. He is a troll and winding us all up. No one is that stupid or blind [Wink] he is doing it for effect.

Babamubarak
Member # 17328

Rate Member
Why are the Haitians telling the cameras not to send money to the charities??????? saying they are thieves!

Could this be one of the reasons?

Wyclef Jean Tearfully Defends Charity

Musician denies using organization to pay himself
By Nick McMaster| Posted Jan 18, 10 5:17 PM CST| Share Share

(Newser) – Wyclef Jean defended his Yele Haiti charity against accusations of fraud today, crying as he spoke in Creole. "Did I ever use Yele money for personal benefits? Absolutely not," the singer told reporters. The revelation that the charity paid $250,000 for services provided Telemax, a Haitian television company owned by Jean, originated with the Smoking Gun and quickly mushroomed.

But IRS experts that it is common for individuals to charge their own charities, a claim made more legitimate because Telemax charged Yele below-market rates, CNNMoney reports. Hugh Locke, president of Yele, said the transaction was merely meant to be efficient, and that the company would not make the mistake again. Yele had also filed several years' worth of tax returns late, a lapse expected to be corrected now that the charity is taking in millions of dollars.

http://www.newser.com/story/78540/wyclef-jean-tearfully-defends-charity.html

Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Iropn, You left your brain on a hat rack somewhere. We owe Hati nothing. the crime is that valuable land is left inhabited by a population of slugs. The adults are actually children who have no ability to take care of themselves.
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Hummper

You are just cursing
and ventilating hot air
like a wide ballon deflated.

Come up with some logic,
some factual based responses;
not emotive juvenile vituperations
fit only for the kindergarten grade.

Iron!

--------------------
Lionz

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding Haiti. One word COMPASSION [Frown]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_01:

Is your glass always half emty??? Must be hard keeping up that negative attitude all day long. Try a viagra...... [Roll Eyes]
I probably have more of a sex life than you. Regardless, let us introduce Palestine for that matter. The nation receives significant public aid for development. I would reckon that it is high, considering:

quote:
Since 1993, Palestinians have received more than $1.7 billion in U.S. economic assistance via USAID projects, more than from any other donor country. The money spent on health and education accounts for 13 percent of the total. Water sanitation and infrastructure have absorbed 42 percent of the spending; economic growth, 15 percent; democracy and governance, 13 percent; other purposes, 17 percent. Link
However, I don't see many Palestinians praising that. They don't, because Israel has received more significant aid. It received the gift of nationhood. Those peoples, however, receive a lot more than Haitians (despite being a smaller nation and much wealthier) and regardless, I wouldn't reject their views. These type of discussions always seem to be the Black vs. trash (or trash, with matrilineal European gene flow).

Stop being a fucking idiot. The criticism I make are as valid as the comments made by the initial poster. It involves Palestinians, as much as Haitians, because petty aid isn't going to encourage economic convergence. The nation should have been left alone a long time ago, and allowed to develop organically. That's the problem here, sheer European intervention. Since this is going to continue, regardless of what I say, why can't we see a Marshal Plan II? Why do the Europeans deserve it more than Haitians and other Caribbean nations that US directly exploited?

Hammer

quote:
So you feel that the neighboring Dominican Republic is role model here? In either case, DR and Jamaica, is often as sorry as the Haitian counterpart. This issue is one that involves much of the Caribbean.

As for billions of dollar of aid, when the **** did that happen? The US placed economic sanctions on the nation, invaded it, and secured the elites in the nation. The invading European forces are pledging capital that does not even compare to the aid that the FIRST WORLD Portugal receives, damn it.

I am not suggesting that aid is needed. However we need to understanding how this messed ended up developing. The solution could be anything, but considering US gave billions in aid to European states and Israel to develop tells us that double standards is involved.

Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Keep in mind that when Hamas was democratically elected by the people in Gaza, aid was heavily curtailed on US's side. Even prior to that there was a roughly 40% loss in billions of dollars that flowed due to transportation costs.

Israel has made it difficult to for foreign aid in the nation. The SAME case applies for Haiti, where the petty capital (is it even billions?) were bled off due to US presence.

IronLion's post says it best:

quote:
Thirty years ago Haiti imported no rice. Today Haiti imports nearly all its rice. Though Haiti was the sugar growing capital of the Caribbean, it now imports sugar as well. Why? The US and the US dominated world financial institutions - the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank - forced Haiti to open its markets to the world. Then the US dumped millions of tons of US subsidized rice and sugar into Haiti - undercutting their farmers and ruining Haitian agriculture. By ruining Haitian agriculture, the US has forced Haiti into becoming the third largest world market for US rice. Good for US farmers, bad for Haiti.
Whatever the aid was, none of it went to ordinary Haitians involved in agriculture. Instead most of subsidies went into American farmers, who now dominate the local market.
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
If all that were true it is very good for American farmers, wouldn't you say. The more markets american farmers get the better.
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
quote:
If all that were true it is very good for American farmers, wouldn't you say. The more markets american farmers get the better.

I guess, if we look at it under a "realistic" perspective. It would be good. The Americans trumped the Haitians. However the battle wasn't a fair one.

American farmers are and were over subsidized. On the other hand, Haitian farmers saw all protections removed. If that wasn't the case, I wouldn't mind it so much. However most humans (white Americans, included) truly fear pure competition.

That is why strict socialist controls on Western (including US) markets. That is, within immigration and what not in order to hinder competition. Wages would be a lot higher if migrants can legal bargain.

In addition, highly educated migrants would actually invest their ideas, which isn't possible under the highly restrictive system of today. It is rather ironic that professional foreign migrants who work in US at similar rates, and yet large scale opposition exists.

Americans can't handle "creative destruction" within their highly subsidized sectors. Why should the poorer Haitians and the others in the world be forced onto that? It just seems unfair and it isn't surprising that Haitians and others are regressing so heavily due to that. We aren't that dynamic.

That isn't a widespread trait amongst most human society. You see that a lot in North Africa, where much of the workforce are ridiculously idle. A significant proportion of women only understand prostitution. That's even great in states where human are generally more educated as well. It's so sorry that they even end up in poor, basket case, nations like Syria. You're not going to be becoming an engineer over there, damn it!

Regardless, Haiti needs what populations around the world require. The similar socialist methods that US take. That is publically subsidize core infrastructure development. Education too and higher level research ought to be allowed to be subsidized. The tourism model is a joke and it only works in Greece et al, because of their sheer dependency on European aid. Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Morocco, etc are just as much as a "joke" (or sorry state) as Haiti.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob_01

It seems the issues facing countries like Hati, Jamaica etc is that the Western Countries take advantage of them and use them like a slave state.

They put crooked governments in power who steal from there own people and don't allow the people to get education.

Since Education is a key to building up a country, these places suffer. The most hard working people in these countries, are not finding jobs so there family suffer and thats when the young are then forced by there parents into working. So not only the present struggles, but the Future suffers also. To grow a country you must allow the children of both gender to learn and gain knowledge. What we see in poor countries is because the government is basically allowing themselves to be used by the west, they don't allow there children to grow. I have always been tired of reading how people in poor nations are basically just used by western pervs who go and violate the women and children of these countries. What makes it sadder is that we have parents who sell there children for money to evil men who then put them into prostituion or slave labor. I heard that there is thousands of children in Hati that are basically slaves. Wish I could say more, but my computer is about to shutdown.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babamubarak
Member # 17328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Bob_01

It seems the issues facing countries like Hati, Jamaica etc is that the Western Countries take advantage of them and use them like a slave state.

They put crooked governments in power who steal from there own people and don't allow the people to get education.

Since Education is a key to building up a country, these places suffer. The most hard working people in these countries, are not finding jobs so there family suffer and thats when the young are then forced by there parents into working. So not only the present struggles, but the Future suffers also. To grow a country you must allow the children of both gender to learn and gain knowledge. What we see in poor countries is because the government is basically allowing themselves to be used by the west, they don't allow there children to grow. I have always been tired of reading how people in poor nations are basically just used by western pervs who go and violate the women and children of these countries. What makes it sadder is that we have parents who sell there children for money to evil men who then put them into prostituion or slave labor. I heard that there is thousands of children in Hati that are basically slaves. Wish I could say more, but my computer is about to shutdown.

Peace

You don't need to say any more King.

The truth is out there and it just takes people to open their eyes to it instead of gobbling up the trash on the Murdoch Media Manipulation Machine and sadly that is about all the US and UK tune into.

As if the horror is not bad enough the 'real media' is reporting that there are now US gunships scouring the Haitian coast catching any Haitians trying to flee and putting them in detention centres back in Haiti.The US DO NOT want any of them becoming illegal immigrants it seems.

Not only that and you won't get this on the MMMM. It appears that the US corporations Xe ( Blackwater) etc are now taking up positions in Haiti, with US companies now being lined up to rebuild and reconstruct the Island, just like they done in Iraq and Afghanistan [Roll Eyes]

Is it any wonder the Latin American leaders are siding with Iran nowadays when you see the spread of the US tentacles everwhere.

God help the people of Haiti. 8 days and still thousands have had not a bit of medical aid or food.
It's absolutely shameful.

Babamubarak
Member # 17328

Rate Member
Is HAARP the cause of the Chinese and Haiti Earthquakes?

The High-Frequency Active Aural Research Program (HAARP) based in Gokoma Alaska-jointly managed by the US Air Force and the US Navy-is part of a new generation of sophisticated weaponry under the US Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI).

While there is no CONCRETE? evidence of HAARP having been used, scientific findings suggest that it is at present fully operational. What this means is that HAARP could potentially be applied by the US military to selectively modify the climate of an "unfriendly nation" or "rogue state" with a view to destabilizing its national economy.

World renowned scientist Dr. Rosalie Bertell confirms that "US military scientists are working on weather systems as a potential weapon. The methods include
the enhancing of storms and the diverting of vapor rivers in the Earth's atmosphere to produce targeted droughts or floods."

Chinese earthquake 2008

Earthquake Destroyed China’s Largest Military Armory, Says Source

A high-level Chinese military source secretly disclosed last week that the recent earthquake in Sichuan Province caused a chain-reaction of explosions in the Sichuan mountain areas. The explosions destroyed Chinese army’s largest armory, new weapon test bases and part of nuclear facilities including several nuclear warheads. This information is considered China’s top military secret. [Eek!]

Was the earthquake just a random natural event? Or was it strategically and intentionally created? Consider this:

* The official death toll was 80,000.

* HAARP shut off ~8 hours before the quake struck.

* Earthquake was of magnitude 8.0.

* It happened on May 12th (5/12 = 5 + 1 + 2 = 8).

* The earthquake occurred exactly 88 days before the Beijing Olympics.

* The Olympics will begin on 8/8/08 at 8:08 PM.

Coincidence?

Is HAARP responsible for the severe weather patterns? Earthquake in Pakistan, Indonesia, China, Burma, Iran, Venezuela, etc etc etc etc etc?

Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
What's your source? It could be argue that US's mainstream media is controlled. However, this wouldn't be masked in Chinese press. In fact, the nation is armed with nukes so such an operation (would be a declaration of war) would result to much of US being thoroughly destroyed.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com