EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Michelle Obama's handshake

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Michelle Obama's handshake
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hhrCHtqb0YMHOFjy1o71qOdW0K1A?docId=CNG.400e1bf922d25f17f389f67c1ed02bda.711

Honestly her husband should have known better!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwvwv
Member # 18213

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwvwv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

"Sembiring is a conservative Muslim who refuses to touch women he is not related to, and has previously outraged liberal society by suggesting AIDS funding is a waste of public money and linking natural disasters to immorality.

"I tried to prevent (touching First Lady Obama) with my two hands but Mrs Michelle moved her hands too close to me, then we touched," he Tweeted on Tuesday, sparking a firestorm on the hyperactive Indonesian blogosphere.

"I still stand by the position that I will not shake hands with women who are not related to me," he wrote in a series of 14 numbered Tweets to his 110,000 followers."

All he had to do was the symbolic breastfeeding with the women he wanted to shake hands with and all would be fine.

quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
Honestly her husband should have known better!!!

Sharia law may say that it is forbidden for a man to have any physical contact with a woman to whom he is not related to, but let's not forget that Sharia is synonymous with fundamentalist Islam..stonings, floggings, oppression of women etc. Even Muslims themselves reject Sharia (the moderate ones), perhaps Ms Obama was thinking that he was dealing with a moderate Muslim. (Indonesia is supposedly a moderate country).
Posts: 213 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that was my point. Obama is very well aware of the Muslim culture hence he lived for several years in this very same country But it seems he was a bad adviser to his wife.

When in Rome do as the Romans do.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vwvwv:
All he had to do was the symbolic breastfeeding with the women he wanted to shake hands with and all would be fine.

Lol!!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com