EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » David Gergen likens Mormonism to Blackness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: David Gergen likens Mormonism to Blackness
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CNN analyst David Gergen essentially likened "calling Mormonism a cult"--commenting on a statement made by a certain pastor Robert Jeffress--to prejudice against Blacks, when he said that people voted for a Black president, and that it's about time prejudice against Mormonism is "put behind us".

Question of the day: Can Mormonism really being likened to being Black?

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to go on a limb here, and say that Blacks who frequent ES do agree with U.S. media personalities that Mormonism can be equated with being Black after all?
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Explorer, I had not posted in the political section for a while So I did not notice this tread. To answer your question, No....F-k No is Mormonism in anyway similar to being black. Mormonism is indeed a cult founded by a racist Freemason which at its core is a racist religion that claims black people were Cursed black.

So please, I would ask this David Gergen how is the racist Mormon cult being pre-judged, when its Founders history and its collection of racist pycho-babble called "The Book of Mormon" is available for all to read.

Comparing Mormonism and the Mormon cult with the plight of Africans in the Western world is as much an insult to our ancestors as you can get. These people running around with their blond Jesus trying to convert blacks to be the slaves in their wacky version of heaven.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
I'm going to go on a limb here, and say that Blacks who frequent ES do agree with U.S. media personalities that Mormonism can be equated with being Black after all?

What an idiotic thread!

Quintessential nonsense just like the Explored

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

^Then the logical conclusion is that you are an idiot for posting in a thread you find idiotic. People with working minds don't post in threads that they consider beneath them. [Smile]

Jari, that much I heard as well, with regards to the Mormon notion that "blacks" are essentially "whites" who subsequently got blackened, due to curse. If one wants to make a case about "prejudice" against a group of people, then fine, have at it. But to compare it to "being Black" is a stretch. The last I checked, one is not born as a "Mormon"; it is something one is conditioned into.

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^Then the logical conclusion is that you are an idiot for posting in a thread you find idiotic. People with working minds don't post in threads that they consider beneath them. [Smile]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] LOl!
Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daffodil K
Member # 20391

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daffodil K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Jari, that much I heard as well, with regards to the Mormon notion that "blacks" are essentially "whites" who subsequently got blackened, due to curse. If one wants to make a case about "prejudice" against a group of people, then fine, have at it. But to compare it to "being Black" is a stretch. The last I checked, one is not born as a "Mormon"; it is something one is conditioned into.

Thanks you for the post.

Posts: 1 | From: jhjk | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

No problem; just speaking to the truth. [Smile]

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com