EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Ron Paul gaining on Newt in the Polls??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ron Paul gaining on Newt in the Polls??
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0qpwUNhYTk&feature=g-u
Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The corporate media are obviously now opening up to the possibility that Ron Paul could very well pull off an "upset" in Iowa, but many talking heads still write him off as the potential Republican nominee. It is safe to say that the Obama camp have written him off too, as evidenced by their ongoing relegation of counter-responses to Romney.

Be it Ron, Obama or any other candidate in the Republican field, U.S. voters seem to be stuck in an endless loop of voting either Republican or Democrat and being kicked around. As the saying goes, doing the same thing over and over, and yet expecting different results, is a sign of insanity.

The U.S. voting community should take their share of blame in feeding a broken system. One would think that given how worse the socio-economic system is getting, that many more U.S. citizens would get off their couches, and take action against the corrupt and degenerating economic system, instead of leaving it to just a handful of disgruntled occupy wall street protesters. When will the rest wake up?

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The corporate media are obviously now opening up to the possibility that Ron Paul could very well pull off an "upset" in Iowa, but many talking heads still write him off as the potential Republican nominee. It is safe to say that the Obama camp have written him off too, as evidenced by their ongoing relegation of counter-responses to Romney.
So True, esp. Fox News. The other Corporate Media such as MSNBC seem more or less open to Ron Paul, Fox is dedicating whole shows to discrediting and slandering Paul..

Obama probably does'nt take Paul serious. He is a true unique case in politics, On one had his Views and Values on Foreign policy and toward the War on Drugs and social problems such as the Patriot act and Wireless Wiretapping(That Obama has cont.) are loved by The Progressive Wing and abbhored by the Right Wing yet his stance toward the Economy, Gov. Regulation, Abortion, the Income Tax etc are loved by the Right and hated by the left.

If you follow political commentators, depending on what side the person leans(Liberal or Conservative) on will say "Ron Paul's is Right when it comes to his stance on so and so but is crazy when it comes to the rest."

This is Why Ron Paul despite his consistancy and his logical stance on things has a hard time getting alot of support, this is why Obama is not taking him serious.

quote:
Be it Ron, Obama or any other candidate in the Republican field, U.S. voters seem to be stuck in an endless loop of voting either Republican or Democrat and being kicked around. As the saying goes, doing the same thing over and over, and yet expecting different results, is a sign of insanity.

The U.S. voting community should take their share of blame in feeding a broken system. One would think that given how worse the socio-economic system is getting, that many more U.S. citizens would get off their couches, and take action against the corrupt and degenerating economic system, instead of leaving it to just a handful of disgruntled occupy wall street protesters. When will the rest wake up?

Def. True, we need a 3rd party. Ron Paul despite the fact that I DO NOT agree with everything he advocates is DEF. the best candidate running in 2012. Obama or Romney or Geingrich it won't matter, deep down they are the same sh#t.

Then again who knows if Paul somehow gets elected he might sell out as well. It would be interesting to see who his cabinet members would consist of, not many people of his caliber to choose from.

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron Paul would likely cling onto his isolationist-foreign policy perspectives and right-wing viewpoints on other matters, even if he were to get presidency. Unlike Obama, Ron has stuck to the same viewpoints, even though they haven't helped him win for several presidential bids now. If he were simply advocating them for political expediency and to help him get nominated, he would have likely changed his positions on matters that were not considered popular to Republicans in previous Republican presidential bids.

Even though I stand by the perception that he is a well-heeled establishment candidate, I will give him that he has been consistent on his viewpoints for several years now.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
You are right, I know that Ron Paul would not sell out, but it would be interesting to see who his cabinet members and Administration would consist of. The Establishment republicans don't like Paul and are doing all sorts of hoops to discredit him

Oh an now Ron Paul is the Front Runner in Iowa.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Establishment bias against Ron Paul..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGPDTkeYjFs&feature=plcp&context=C3cdd94dUDOEgsToPDskI1Mq-sbnoPb44lEn2o6Qls

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can you be sure Paul wouldn't sell out? And what does selling out mean in its entirety?

If he sells out on one or two of his campaign points is that selling out? Doesn't it depend on which of the points are more doable? Will Paul, or can Paul, stop *all* foreign aid including the package to Israel, among a few other things?

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masonic Rebel   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron Paul is a racist who has no shot at the white house plus he's anti israel
Posts: 567 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com