EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » So-called "Official End" to U.S. occupation of Iraq

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So-called "Official End" to U.S. occupation of Iraq
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The U.S. corporate media community have tried to put the best possible face on the ceremony dedicated to this announcement. Is it a "victory", as some media personalities would like to paint it, or is it one big fiasco?
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a victory only in the sense they got their asses out of Iraq. And it was one big screwup from the beginning from yet more boys who wear white shirts and ties. So you see it just ain't businessmen who shaft people, it's also political leaders.

Take this boy from Arizona for example, John McCain. He says Obama will be looked upon with scorn after the historians get to work; this evidently was in specific reference to Iraq according to the short Senate floor comment he made on television the other day.

Aside from the fact no president in the history of anything will be lookled upon with a 100 percent likable scale, McCain's words don't mean jackshit to a lot of people--except to those who can't seem to mind their own business. These clowns moan about national security--a national security that was a non existent issue until they *made it a point* to make it that. Screw these guys and everything they stand for.

...and screw Newt Gingrich and his pasty faced, mannequin-looking wife. This also includes Perry, Romney and Santorum--any of those boys will get us right back into a shooting war.

Ron Paul and Huntsman at least have the professed sense to mind their own business to some degree.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its a good thing that we are out of Iraq, but don't believe the hype. We are still in Afghanistan wasting money, The Defense Budget still sucks Billions of money out of the Economy. And don't worry the GOP and Im sure plenty of Dems. are now trying to hype up a war with Iran. If Mitt or Newt win they will Replace Iraq with Iran. Oh and who knows what a post-2012 Obama will do. Don't be fool my friend by his sudden "Progressive" stance and attitude he has suddenly took up. After election he will go back to the Real Obama.

Oh and just so you know Obama is going to further erode our civil liberties with the "National Defense Authorization Act". As if continuing Wireless wire tapping and his approval of the Patriot Act were not enough..

Soon Obama or any person in the office of the Presidency will have the authority to trow out habeas corpus out the window on any American Citizen they deem under the shadowy term "Terrorist"..

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grumman:
It's a victory only in the sense they got their asses out of Iraq.

...but for whom?
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it isn't a victory for some republicans, but it is a victory for those who say get out, including me.
Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com