EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Little Mosque on the Prairie (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Little Mosque on the Prairie
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch Season 1 Episode 1
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watched this twice in the early hours of this morning [Big Grin] hope they put more on the net coz i doubt we will get this in UK [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you download youtube material to your pc? I have yet to find a way.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks MK! I was just wondering what would replace X Factor in my life .. this is much better than Simon Cowell [Big Grin] That first Imam is one of my favourite kinds!
Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NotSleeplessInCairo:
That first Imam is one of my favourite kinds!

which one? the indian/pakistani one already there or the new dishy one?? [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

which one? the indian/pakistani one already there or the new dishy one?? [Big Grin]
Well let's just say.. It's a gooood thing that Imam's don't really look like the new one [Big Grin] It's a good thing none of the guys I see in the Mosque look like him! [Big Grin]

I actually meant the hell and damnation Pakistani Imam... I love those types in Islam and Christianity coz you just can't take them serious!

The enemy is in your kitchen [Confused] Winegums.. Rye bread... Liquorish ... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam, NSIC! Nice to read that you enjoyed the link. It was actually Ayisha's original idea. Thanks for that Ayisha.

I think the new Imam is so cute. Thank God indeed that real Imams aren't like that.

And of course he will fall for that veiled cute young lady. [Wink]

But yeah the first Imam is hilarious. [Big Grin]

Ayisha, why do you think it won't be broadcasted in your country? Too sensitive?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

MK! I miss your posts! [Big Grin] Yeah for sure the cute veiled lady's gonna get him .... [Big Grin] I wanna see how they deal with that one!

Ayisha you might get it in England maybe channel 4 or 5 will buy it, but no doubt it will show when most people are sleeping. Channel 4 seems to "like" Islam at the moment... did you see the alternative Christmas speech? I couldn't hear it over the noise of my family [Frown] Hmmm... maybe youtube will have it....

get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really enjoyed this last night, thanks for the link. It was really quite amusing too. Look forward to the next episode

NSIC, I hope you're right and Channel 4 will pick it up sooner or later [Smile]

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the priest of the church (or was he a father?)will introduce his daughter after a couple of weeks.

She will fall for the Imam and then there will be a battle between his daughter and the veiled girl and the priest and his daughter and the Iman and his congregation.....and ....and.....ES style of course..lol

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well let's just say.. It's a gooood thing that Imam's don't really look like the new one [Big Grin] It's a good thing none of the guys I see in the Mosque look like him! [Big Grin]

I actually meant the hell and damnation Pakistani Imam... I love those types in Islam and Christianity coz you just can't take them serious!

The enemy is in your kitchen [Confused] Winegums.. Rye bread... Liquorish ... [Roll Eyes]

Agree, I have never seen an imam like the new one, seen LOADS like the old one though, UK is full of them [Big Grin]

MK, I doubted it would be broadcast here, but as NSIC says it could be bought by channel 4, they are great for what the others wont broadcast [Big Grin]

I missed the alternative speech though, [Frown]

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I missed the alternative speech though, [Frown]
Here you go Ayisha... a bit different to HRH [Big Grin]

Alternative Christmas Message

Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Alaa Elsayed speaks to churches and civic groups about Islam, he plays a word-association game.

"What's the first thing you think of when you hear the word 'Islamic'?" he asks. "How about 'Muslim'?"

Sometimes, the Calgary imam says, one of the audience members will hesitantly say what many are thinking: "terrorist."

But now, Elsayed hopes a different word might pop into their minds: "funny."

He — along with millions of other Canadians — has been watching a new show called "Little Mosque on the Prairie," North America's first sitcom about Muslims. Elsayed gave rave reviews to the premiere of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's show about a Muslim community in a small, Midwestern town, and he's eagerly awaiting the second episode Wednesday.

"A lighthearted comedy that portrays the Muslim community in a manner that is evenhanded is definitely a welcome change from hearing about Muslims as terrorists, as jihadists," Elsayed says. "This is a great tool for people to learn about Islam in a language they can understand, which is comedy. Also, it's a great indicator that Muslims are an integral part of this community — this is who we are, so accept our differences, not just tolerate them."

Though the show isn't airing in the U.S. except in a few border states, hopes are high there, too.

"We need something to show that Muslims are human," says Kamal Nawash, founder of the Free Muslims Coalition, an anti-extremist group based in Washington, D.C. "I'm hoping it ends up being something like 'Seinfeld' — a show made up by Jews where the whole show is based on humor. It puts life in perspective; it shows people that we're all the same at the end of the day."

Rather lofty expectations for a 30-minute show described by its creator, Zarqa Nawaz, as "a very standard character sitcom."

Nawaz, a respected Muslim filmmaker who lives in the prairie town of Regina, says her main goal in writing "Little Mosque" was to create a funny, hit show. She seems to have succeeded, at least in the early going. The 8 p.m. pilot episode garnered nearly 2.1 million viewers last week, big ratings for Canada. The top-ranked home-grown sitcom, "Corner Gas" — which coincidentally is also set in a small prairie town — regularly draws 1.6 million viewers.

The first episode introduced viewers to the close-knit Muslim community, in the fictional small town of Mercy, and to the local non-Muslims who regard their neighbors with a mixture of trepidation and tolerance. In the second episode, the new imam, a handsome young man newly arrived from Toronto, sparks a battle of the sexes when he decides to erect a barrier between men and women in the mosque.

"I hope it will open up a door to another community, so people can realize this community has the same foibles and quirks as any community does," Nawaz says, acknowledging that her show is, perhaps, not just another sitcom. "Laughter is a universal language."

The show's producer, Mary Darling, is pitching it to U.S. networks. "We actually think it can do something in the world," she said.

"Little Mosque" certainly represents a change from how Canada's 600,000 Muslims usually see themselves in the media since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. In Canada, tensions were heightened by the arrest last summer of 17 Toronto-area men charged with planning a terrorist attack.

But show doesn't shrink from portraying the realities of a post 9/11 world.

In the first episode, a young Toronto lawyer gives up his practice to become Mercy's new imam — but gets into hot water at the airport.

"Don't put Dad on the phone," he tells his mother on his cell phone as he waits in line. "I've been planning this for months, it's not like I dropped a bomb on him. If Dad thinks it's suicide, then so be it. This is Allah's plan for me."

He's promptly whisked off by security, which doesn't believe his protestations of innocence. "If my story doesn't check out, you can deport me to Syria," he says, a sly reference to the plight of Maher Arar — a Syrian-born Canadian citizen who was arrested during a stopover in the U.S. and deported to Syria, where he was tortured. The U.S. acted on Canadian intelligence that Canadian officials recently admitted was inaccurate.

Asad Rahman, a Toronto photographer, says he didn't buy the airport scene: "I don't think any Muslim would really joke about terrorism in an airport."

But he's hopeful that the show will have a positive influence, both on how non-Muslims view his religion and on how Muslims see themselves. "At least somebody is brave enough to bring some humor to this sensitive religion," says Rahman, a coordinator for a gay Muslim group.

Not every Muslim is a fan, of course.

Tarek Fatah, spokesman for the progressive, Toronto-based Muslim Canadian Congress, says he thought the jokes fell flat.

"It was a tremendous lost opportunity," he says. "I can imagine non-Muslims watching this and saying, 'my God, these people are bizarre.'"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/entertainment/main2367622.shtml

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
a bit different to HRH [Big Grin]

What makes you so sure it's not HRH under that thing? [Razz]
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:
a bit different to HRH [Big Grin]

What makes you so sure it's not HRH under that thing? [Razz]
HRH has a bigger head [Razz]
ardooda
Member # 5159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardooda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Can you download youtube material to your pc? I have yet to find a way.

You can download Google video, and they have it all together here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4689644836814333621&q=little+mosque+on+the+prairie&hl=en

Posts: 84 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Thanks ardooda. I noticed that a little later, but I think it will only work if you also download the google video player. I was hoping there was a way to save things (youtube also) and just use Windows Media or Real Player.

Thanks again.
Laura

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute little show...really funny. I live near Canada so I can get CBC.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The second episode is here [Smile]

Enjoy [Razz]

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muslims answer call to Prairie
CHRISTOPHER MASON
IN TORONTO
WHEN it comes to producing a funny television show or movie in Canada, producers have a reliable staple of topics: Quebecois v English speakers and anything that involves a bumbling politician or the United States.

But Islam does not make the list, which is one reason the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's new sitcom, Little Mosque On The Prairie, is attracting such attention in North America.

"It was a risk doing a sitcom about what can be considered a very touchy subject," admitted Kirstine Layfield, CBC's executive director of network programming. But the series premiere earlier this month attracted 2.09 million viewers, impressive in a country where an audience of one million is a runaway hit. A CBC show had not drawn that size of audience in a decade.

The show follows a small group of Muslims in a prairie town in Saskatchewan where, in the first episode, the group was trying to establish a mosque in the parish hall of a church. A passer-by, seeing the group praying, rushes to call a "terrorist hot line" to report Muslims praying "just like on CNN", which touches off a local firestorm.

Hoping to avoid making a stir in the town, the group hires a Canadian-born imam from Toronto who quits his father's law firm to take the job - career suicide, his father thinks. On the way, he is detained in the airport after being overheard on his mobile phone saying: "If Dad thinks that's suicide so be it," adding, "This is Allah's plan for me."

Later, a leader of the Muslim group is seen defending the plan to turn the parish hall into a mosque. "It's a pilot project," he says, leading the wide-eyed man he addressing to exclaim: "You're training pilots?!"

A bit naff, perhaps. But light-hearted moments like these between Muslims and non-Muslims have been few and far between in Canada of late.

Last year, 13 Muslim men and five youths were arrested in the Toronto area in connection with a suspected plot to attack several targets in southern Ontario. Their case continues to wind through the courts. In September, an inquiry cleared a Canadian citizen, Maher Arar, of terrorism accusations, for which the US deported him to Syria, where he was tortured - based on faulty intelligence from Canadian authorities.

The show's creator, Zarqa Nawaz, said she was not trying to bridge all of the cultural gaps, but hoped the programme could elicit laughs on all sides and perhaps foster a better understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims.

"I want the broader society to look at us as normal with the same issues and concerns as anyone else," said Nawaz, who based the series loosely on her own experiences as a Muslim woman who moved from Toronto to the prairie. "We're just as much a part of the Canadian fabric as anyone else."

CBC has committed to eight episodes of the programme, and is negotiating with the show's producers for 13 more in the spring. Despite the initial success, the network is proceeding with caution, having hired a consultant to flag up anything in the scripts that could offend audiences.

The show has generally been well received by Muslim leaders, who welcome the light touch it brings to issues that are normally debated in numbing seriousness.

"Muslims are a bit late in laughing at themselves, but we have to use humour to remedy these divisions, just like any community," said Mohamed Elmasry, an imam and president of the Canadian Islamic Congress.

The one criticism the show has faced is that it is treating too lightly the threat posed by radical Islam and the imams who preach it. The newly hired imam in Little Mosque On The Prairie, Amaar Rashid, is clean-shaven, wears tight jeans and has the "ravishing looks of a soap-opera star," the columnist Margaret Wente wrote in the Toronto daily newspaper The Globe and Mail.

"If there's an imam on Earth who resembles this one, I will convert to Islam, don the veil and catch the next plane to Mecca," she added.

But what some see as a weakness, others see as a strength. Syed Asad Dean, chairman of the Meadowvale Islamic Centre in Mississauga, a western suburb of Toronto, said portraying Muslims as moderate members of the mainstream could have a beneficial effect on young Muslims.

"More extreme Muslims are telling our youth that Canada is not interested in our community, so something like this works dead against that type of mentality," he said. "The youth see it on television and say, hey, they recognise us and they actually made an investment to talk about us and our life in Canada."

The programme's producers have spoken with TV executives in the United States, Dubai, Israel, England, Germany and France among others. The first and second episodes have been sent to other networks and stations that have expressed an interest. In the US, only cable stations have responded so far, but CBC officials say they are hoping to pitch the show to the larger networks.

Two sides to the story
LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE
The time: 1870s

The concept: the pursuit of the American Dream

The place: the American frontier, Walnut Grove, Minnesota

The story: Charles Ingalls, a homesteader, struggles to make a living for his family on a small farm.

Soundbite: "Home is the nicest word there is."

What the critics say: "Sugary sweet."

LITTLE MOSQUE ON THE PRAIRIE
The time: 2007

The concept: cultural integration post 9/11

The place: Mercy, Canada

The story: A young, successful lawyer from Toronto abandons his career and moves west to become the spiritual leader of the small Muslim community.

Soundbite: "If dad thinks it's suicide then so be it. This is Allah's plan for me."

What the critics say: "Hokey wit."
http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=106442007

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
'it's forbidden for women to talk on the radio, it's in the Quran'

'oh yes, chapter 115'

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
'he among you who has not got stoned, cast the first sin' [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I love this programme [Big Grin]

--------------------

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't there an episode 3 coming up?
Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katanga we bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a load of sh1t
Couldn't they've chosen a different actor for the Imam role?
That fag played a fag in a Toronto based show. The focking image of him kissing another man ... what a fag. I'm sure its intentional. Please all don't watch this sh1t and send to the producer to stop it. It's only a pilot and doesn't have to continue beyond that.

--------------------
MK is the hottest of all [Big Grin]

Posts: 743 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Katanga weren't you going to be on "Shipwrecked" or "Survivor" or whatever it's called? What happened with that?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Katanga we bass:
What a load of sh1t
That fag played a fag in a Toronto based show. The focking image of him kissing another man ... what a fag. I'm sure its intentional. Please all don't watch this sh1t and send to the producer to stop it. It's only a pilot and doesn't have to continue beyond that.

Katnagah why is homosexuality so often in your thoughts?

Let it go, man. [Wink]

Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kantanga is gay? Nooooo.... [Frown] [Eek!] [Frown]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katanga we bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
What a load of sh1t

Katnagah why is homosexuality so often in your thoughts?

Let it go, man. [Wink]

You really should let go of this behavioral pattern. You're obviously a good person overall, but you try your best to come across as an arrogant b....
Don't know why you do this, but don't you then come back complaining when attacked [Wink]

You're still hot though [Cool]

Posts: 743 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
You really should let go of this behavioral pattern. You're obviously a good person overall, but you try your best to come across as an arrogant b....
Don't know why you do this, but don't you then come back complaining when attacked [Wink]

You're getting angry, defensive, and rude, again Katnagah. Falling back into *your* pattern. Why does the mention of homosexuality make you so mad? Let it go Katangah!

I never complained about being attacked. You're the one who bombards me with PMs begging for attention when I put you on ignore mode.

And I never liked you by the way. But that doesn't matter, does it?

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You're getting angry, defensive, and rude, again Katnagah. Falling back into *your* pattern. Why does the mention of homosexuality make you so mad? Let it go Katangah!

I never complained about being attacked. You're the one who bombards me with PMs begging for attention when I put you on ignore mode.

And I never liked you by the way. But that doesn't matter, does it?

You never complained!!!
How about asking everyone to have me banned? Forgot about that ha?

Ah, the private messages!
Well, I won't tell you why I sent them. You were just too cautious that's all I have to say. That of course doesn't mean that I can't find another way if I want to.

Once again, when you behave in this manner you're just asking for trouble. Please note that no one else around here has a problem with me except u.

ardooda
Member # 5159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardooda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL This forum is hilarious.
Even discussions about a TV sitcom end up in interpersonal dramas. [Razz]

Anyone see Episode 3 posted anywhere?

Posts: 84 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
You never complained!!!

Well, I won't tell you why I sent them. You were just too cautious that's all I have to say. That of course doesn't mean that I can't find another way if I want to.

Once again, when you behave in this manner you're just asking for trouble. Please note that no one else around here has a problem with me except u.

I asked people to have you banned ONCE, NOT because you were attacking me but because you were acting like a total 3ayyel denying that women get sexually harassed in Egypt. Don't get confused please.

You got your moment of fame on this site by making a grand entrance of impersonating me and attacking me for absolutely no reason other than you're a 3ayyel seeking some attention.

And under other fake user-names you asked to show me your 'hot' pictures and although at the time I didn't even know it was you, I still noticed the 3ayyel behaviour.

And not replying to your private messaging is not being cautious, it was just being not-interested in a little boring obsessed 3ayyel.

And what other way are you looking for to do what? Bore the sshit out of me? You're a 3ayyel Katangah. And if you're not a 3ayyel for real, then it's sad that you have managed to give that impression of yourself.

Don't generalize about people not having trouble with you. I actually can't think of one person who does like you!

You're an annoying little 3ayyel who calls men faggots when they disagree with you, and have nothing better to do with your life than attack women who stand up for themselves.

Even faggots do better than this.

(3ayyel= derogatory word meaning child)

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
You never complained!!!

I asked people to have you banned ONCE, NOT because you were attacking me but because you were acting like a total 3ayyel denying that women get sexually harassed in Egypt. Don't get confused please.

You got your moment of fame on this site by making a grand entrance of impersonating me and attacking me for absolutely no reason other than you're a 3ayyel seeking some attention.

And under other fake user-names you asked to show me your 'hot' pictures and although at the time I didn't even know it was you, I still noticed the 3ayyel behaviour.

And not replying to your private messaging is not being cautious, it was just being not-interested in a little boring obsessed 3ayyel.

And what other way are you looking for to do what? Bore the sshit out of me? You're a 3ayyel Katangah. And if you're not a 3ayyel for real, then it's sad that you have managed to give that impression of yourself.

Don't generalize about people not having trouble with you. I actually can't think of one person who does like you!

You're an annoying little 3ayyel who calls men faggots when they disagree with you, and have nothing better to do with your life than attack women who stand up for themselves.

Even faggots do better than this.

(3ayyel= derogatory word meaning child)

You really do like to start up a fight every once in a while. I'm not going to play along though.

Still love you [Cool]

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
And yeah, forgot to tell you to be concise next time. You really don't have to write an article just to call me a name or another. You can fill pages and pages, still would mean absolutely nothing to me.

For when you speak, I'm already lost ....

I told you, I'm really, really ghilisssssssssssss with extremely thick skin [Big Grin]

ardooda
Member # 5159

Member Rated:
It says on their website that the show this thread was about was on break and will return January 31st. [Roll Eyes]
http://www.cbc.ca/littlemosque/

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
And yeah, forgot to tell you to be concise next time. You really don't have to write an article just to call me a name or another.

I could have used one word indeed, but it would have hit right where it hurts, and I have a kind heart. [Roll Eyes]

Have a nice day young man.

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
And yeah, forgot to tell you to be concise next time. You really don't have to write an article just to call me a name or another.

I could have used one word indeed, but it would have hit right where it hurts, and I have a kind heart. [Roll Eyes]

Have a nice day young man.

You're absolutely useless and your remarks are mostly disgusting.

I truely don't need to converse with you again as it is clear that when confronted with an apparently superior intellectual person (let alone a man) you tend to *wink* alot.

Check your eyes.

Once again, one may think that seemingly intelligent people might hold morals high, but yet one may come back dissappointed often.

Being witty is a gift that only few possess. Being witty and modest is even more of a rare quality. I hold higher ground over any in that regard.

I don't wish you a good day. I don't wish you any well. You don't deserve it as you don't wish it for others. Your tendency to make degrading useless comments that can make one's blood boil is not a talent. It's a manifestation of hate. And it's no wonder you manage to get yourself involved in a fight every now and then.

If my posts manifest a kid, then by all means I'm. I've told another member on this forum that I'm nothing but a kid. I hope I never lose that and turn into a jaded person as you are. I hope I never lose the ability to laugh and make fun of any that comes my way.

And yes, I know that this is why you hate me so much. The fact that I'm not jaded as you apparently are.

Now, see the difference between your articles and this. Or even better, let others read and decide. On your best day, you won't even come close. Not even close.

Once again, I don't wish you will. Believe me when I tell you that this doesn't feel good at all to hear.

You deserve it though.

P.S.
I could come back at you with all sorts of names, but I think - and I know that sensible people of class would agree - that this is a lowly behavior that only reveals weakness of argument (that if any exists to begin with) and emptiness of mind. There is nothing strong or classy about throwing names at people at will.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

I truely don't need to converse with you again as it is clear that when confronted with an apparently superior intellectual person (let alone a man) you tend to *wink* alot.

Check your eyes.

Once again, one may think that seemingly intelligent people might hold morals high, but yet one may come back dissappointed often.

Being witty is a gift that only few possess. Being witty and modest is even more of a rare quality. I hold higher ground over any in that regard.

I don't wish you a good day. I don't wish you any well. You don't deserve it as you don't wish it for others. Your tendency to make degrading useless comments that can make one's blood boil is not a talent. It's a manifestation of hate. And it's no wonder you manage to get yourself involved in a fight every now and then.

If my posts manifest a kid, then by all means I'm. I've told another member on this forum that I'm nothing but a kid. I hope I never lose that and turn into a jaded person as you are. I hope I never lose the ability to laugh and make fun of any that comes my way.

And yes, I know that this is why you hate me so much. The fact that I'm not jaded as you apparently are.

Now, see the difference between your articles and this. Or even better, let others read and decide. On your best day, you won't even come close. Not even close.

Once again, I don't wish you will. Believe me when I tell you that this doesn't feel good at all to hear.

You deserve it though.

P.S.
I could come back at you with all sorts of names, but I think - and I know that sensible people of class would agree - that this is a lowly behavior that only reveals weakness of argument (that if any exists to begin with) and emptiness of mind. There is nothing strong or classy about throwing names at people at will.

Be concise next time. [Wink]

Okay I'll be concise, like you want me to be.

Get out of the closet Katnagah, that post of yours is just too oestrogenic/hysterical for a straight male.

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Check your eyes.

You deserve it though.

P.S.

Be concise next time. [Wink]

Okay I'll be concise, like you want me to be.

Get out of the closet Katnagah, that post of yours is just too oestrogenic/hysterical for a straight male.

I just wanted to show u that I can be most intellectual too [Big Grin]

I can never be mad at u though. After all it's only a message board ...

No matter what you do, you will always remain hotttttttttttttttt [Big Grin]

Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm Katanga, are you bi-polar?
Seriously.

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
Seriously.

What did I do to you.

She is a fucking bitch whose hormones acted up on her a little and decided to take it out on me. What do you have to do with this?

MK, you don't own this place. This time you started it. Just remember this.

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
Seriously.

You know we have two lobes of the brain.

Men have two testiscles clearly divided by several membranes.

Now what if our brains were divided by several memberanes?

Men are bipolar, instead of it being chemical its dictated by their anatomy.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
She is a fucking bitch whose hormones acted up on her a little and decided to take it out on me. What do you have to do with this?

You're not that great Mister Sister. I do a better Cher than you.

My God is this gay! It's like, blind and deaf people can tell you're gay. Even dead people can!

Do you say this with the hand and all?

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You're not that great Mister Sister. I do a better Cher than you.

My God is this gay! It's like, blind and deaf people can tell you're gay. Even dead people can!

Do you say this with the hand and all?

Won't go away.
Hey I just remembered. Is it true you're a second wife. Like Mon-Wed-Frid or something ???

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Is it true you're a second wife. Like Mon-Wed-Fird or something ???

By your inflection I can tell that you think what you're saying is funny, but... No.. That's just queer, dear.

Bipolar indeed.. Take my advice, one pole in the room is enough, Katangah.

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

By your inflection I can tell that you think what you're saying is funny, but... No.. That's just queer, dear.

I understand. So you're a second hand wife then. Well that explains the hostility. If you were in Toronto i would have eased your pain. But then again, you seem to be an old woman with kids .... well maybe one for charity ... to keep you in check that is for the benefit of all
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

So since your "husband" doesn't like to join you in Cairo, you could easily get away for a rendevous in Egypt.

No wonder you are doing so much to attract attention, slathering all sorts of appreciation on some pretty desperate dudes. So have you had a "booty call" with Kal yet? I suppose he and about 20 other 40 something neandrathals have you on their contact list for text messaging. And I highly doubt your family would object to you taking off to Sharm for the weekend to get even with your "husband". This is classic. Just purely pleasureable classic! Rich!

This is starting to explain alot of your hostilities MK.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
*gets popcorn out and gets comfy*

--------------------

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
I told her to shut up but she just won't. She is all over the place right now trying to get me banned [Big Grin]

--------------------
MK is the hottest of all [Big Grin]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
she has barely posted anything so how she is all over the place and the rediculous psychobabble about doing so much to attract attention is a joke surely?

*sits back down with popcorn*

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com