EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » wikipedia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wikipedia
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sinbad resurrected after online demise:

Condolences flowed for U.S. comedian Sinbad after the online encyclopedia Wikipedia announced his death on Thursday, but it turned out the grieving was premature and the comic was alive and well.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/features/people/e3i172bf44654ef9fc6f49f8a07c584c8b2

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What?!!!!

Sindbad is for real?! [Confused]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I loved him!!

-

Sindbad, la yakhaf, fi koll el-beeeeelaaaaaaaaaad
Tajeron, mondaf3on, batalon, mennnnnn Baghdaaaaaaaaad.

*thnot*

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL [Big Grin]
hey, aren't those the shoes people like to wear in Egypt? those pointy sinbad shoes?? [Confused]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers, this whole "Wikipedia" thing is really something that should be looked into. Anyone can write anything they want about anybody/anything, and until someone either corrects the information, or has it deleted, it's used as reference by many.

That plain sucks!

PS I think the pointy shoes are Moroccan? [Big Grin]

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I heard they were originally from Italy, but no matter where they originated, they are FUGLY...
and yea - you're right about Wikipedia, I've heard some stories previously so I try not to go there too often, but this Sinbad story was too much. [Big Grin]

and MK, what is with the song? Is that a song you were singing, maybe something from what you remembered from sinbad as a little girl? I had to have my husband translate for me. He was asking, 'who said that??' LOL [Big Grin]

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.snakepit.org/sinbad.jpg

funny comedian

Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
and MK, what is with the song? Is that a song you were singing, maybe something from what you remembered from sinbad as a little girl? I had to have my husband translate for me. He was asking, 'who said that??' LOL

It's from a famous cartoon series in the 70s and 80s. To my surprise it was only famous in the Arab world except Egypt, and in Germany as well and not the rest of Europe [Eek!]

I googled it and all I got was German sites. Maybe your hubby can google it in Arabic and see what he can find.

It was lovely.

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^it was popular in Holland in the 90s when i was a kid
Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com