Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » HOOTERS!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HOOTERS!
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This ones for the guys. Lazeez; I owed you one for the Halawa thread. LOL

I wonder just how many Egyptian men cook? I know my guy would help me when I did things. But, how many Egyptians really do that?

Here's some for the guys. Think this will get them in the kitchen? LOL

H O O T E R S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.hooters.com/fun_stuff/

-

http://www.hootersmagazine.com/subscribe.html

-  -  -  -
http://www.hooters.com/

Hooters Buffalo Shrimp

Buffalo Sauce
1/4 cup Crystal or Frank's Louisiana hot sauce
1/4 cup butter
1/8 teaspoon paprika
Dash of black pepper
Dash of garlic powder

Combine in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter is mixed through. Cover, and keep warm over low heat.

Shrimp
12 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour

Combine egg and milk in a small bowl.

Place flour in a large zip-type bag.

Coat six of the shrimp with egg mixture, then toss them in the bag of flour and shake well to coat. Leave these shrimp in the bag, and repeat the process with the remaining six shrimp.

Make sure they are all well coated with flour. Refrigerate about 5 minutes while the deep fryer heats up to 375 degrees F.

Deep fry for 8 to 10 minutes, until shrimp tails are dark brown.

Remove, drain, and toss gently with Buffalo Sauce

Hooters Buffalo Wings

2 servings 27 min 15 min prep
Change to: servings US Metric
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup louisiana hot sauce
1 dash pepper, Ground
1 dash garlic powder
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 chicken wings
bleu cheese salad dressing
celery
vegetable oil, for frying

Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
You want just enough oil to cover the wings entirely -- an inch or so deep at least. Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are well blended.

Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl.

If the wings are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them.

Put the wings into a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each wing evenly.

Put the wings in the refrigerator for 60 to 90 minutes.

(This will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried.) Put all the wings into the hot oil and fry them for 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown.
Remove the wings from the oil to a paper towel to drain.

But don't let them sit too long, because you want to serve the wings hot. Quickly put the wings into a large bowl.

Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all the wings evenly.

You could also use a large plastic container with a lid for this.

Put all the wings inside the container, add the sauce, put on the lid, then shake. Serve with Bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.

LOL [Big Grin]

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Hooter girls for Egypt! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG I can't believe the guys hadn't picked up on this yet. LOL

I woke up thinking there has got to be something funny on this thread. hehehe

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shebah:
OMG I can't believe the guys hadn't picked up on this yet. LOL

I woke up thinking there has got to be something funny on this thread. hehehe

what guys ,there all fluseys.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magnona777
Member # 12466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnona777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
No Hooter girls for Egypt! [Big Grin]

I second that one!!!!
Posts: 431 | From: beantown | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey magnona 777777777777777777 hows u doing gal ,longa tima no a cya ,,
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
 -
for ur cleanest butt sit here ....
 -

magnona777
Member # 12466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnona777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shahkerdah:

Alhamdulillah chimps [Smile] I was in Alex for a few weeks.. and now I am try to get used to my "other" life [Frown] How are YOU doing??? [Big Grin] You always make me smile..
Posts: 431 | From: beantown | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by magnona777:
quote:
Originally posted by shahkerdah:

Alhamdulillah chimps [Smile] I was in Alex for a few weeks.. and now I am try to get used to my "other" life [Frown] How are YOU doing??? [Big Grin] You always make me smile..
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] keep smiling good to c yah .
im off for some sleep to windy last night worried for me fence . [Big Grin] sent hubby out with the hammer and nails ...... [Razz]

Gunz_Rulez
Member # 10075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gunz_Rulez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made the wings. They were sooooooo good. Reminded me of Hooters exactly. The only thing is i'd like to make them "three mile island" (extra spicy for those that don't know). Anyone have suggestions how to keep the consistency the same and just make it spicer?
Posts: 57 | From: cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could add something like more hot sauce. Pepper powder. Combination of both. I use chipotle pepper powder all the time. That would do it. LOL

HTH

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where are they ipening the new hooters, i seen something in the papers but didnt take much notice, i think the food is poor ans expensive for what it is
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
First man I've ever heard mention the food and price. LOL

Most just don't care as much about those things. Usually the atmosphere is what they go for.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a very bad time in thier, i thoughtit was chessesy even though the one here in nottingham uk is open to familys and is a lot tamer then others i think, but would never step foot in one again, and must say it was not my choice to go in one, as i was my daughters birthday so the whole family and friends came, and to cut a long story very short, so did 7 police cars at the end of the night, as some stupid guy made a remark to my daughter, at that point i think the guy wished he was born with out speach [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com