Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Koshari Joints

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Koshari Joints
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please name or point me your favorite koshari joints or places in Cairo.

[Smile] [Cool]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiselmonkey
Member # 13683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chiselmonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
El Tahrir Abu Tarek
http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=6536

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has to be Tahrir Koshary in Talat Harb St.
Then Gad and Arzak in Maadi.
Then my own invention in my hoose!!

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg
Member # 10776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sayed Hanafy - downtown Cairo
Posts: 407 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by satanmademedoit:
Has to be Tahrir Koshary in Talat Harb St.
Then Gad and Arzak in Maadi.
Then my own invention in my hoose!!

My list would be the same.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks,guys!Will have this list handy when i return to Egypt.
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanist
Member # 12798

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Koshary BUT....

Beware of where you eat in in Cairo...

Several years ago I ate Khoshary in a "nice" Cairo Koshary joint and got dysentery.

It was the worst experience I ever had. I guess it was attributed to the bottle of some kind of sauce on the table that I used to spice it up.

You don't want to get dystentery in Egypt. First you'll be treated as if you just have a case of regular "travelers diareahh". After you are nearly dying of pain, then your doc will realize it is something more...

Moral of the story: avoid pouring a "mystery" sauce on your Khoshary!

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by humanist:
I love Koshary BUT....

Beware of where you eat in in Cairo...

Several years ago I ate Khoshary in a "nice" Cairo Koshary joint and got dysentery.

It was the worst experience I ever had. I guess it was attributed to the bottle of some kind of sauce on the table that I used to spice it up.

You don't want to get dystentery in Egypt. First you'll be treated as if you just have a case of regular "travelers diareahh". After you are nearly dying of pain, then your doc will realize it is something more...

Moral of the story: avoid pouring a "mystery" sauce on your Khoshary!

This is useful to know,too! [Frown]
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chiselmonkey:
El Tahrir Abu Tarek
http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=6536

that's where we went right after we were married. I loved the whole atmosphere of the place and it was my first time eating Koshari.

I agree though that homemade is the best. That way you know what goes into it too and you can control the amount of heat you want in it.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does this thread make me keep thinking someone is trying to roll up some koshari and smoke it? [Confused] [Big Grin] [Cool]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahahahahaha past it on gf
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
Why does this thread make me keep thinking someone is trying to roll up some koshari and smoke it? [Confused] [Big Grin] [Cool]

Not me,not me! [Razz]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes some Koshari places are just awful, just look in at the cooking area, Rowandan refugees wouldn't eat that crap. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinakamal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Koshary what is that???

--------------------
 -

Posts: 179 | From: iowa usa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Same thought from the thread title!!
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by soozi:
quote:

Same thought from the thread title!!
Well now that you mention it [Razz]
Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme
Member # 13852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Koshary = Death by carbs [Razz]
Posts: 35 | From: Rising From The Ashes | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com