Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » red beans and rice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: red beans and rice
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinakamal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

dependin on the size of yr family

1 pk of small red beans
i pack of smoke beef sausgae
1 cup of rice i like uncle bens long grain

cook the beans for 1 hr
then add yr sausage in links or slices
add salt
cook for 3 more hrs on medium and make sure u check the water level u need add water as needed
20 min before the beans are done
cook yr rice
i use a rice cooker so the rice is always perfect
1 cup rice and i cup water
after its all done pour yr red beans over yr rice and eat like a soup
its really good im sure yal have small red beans in egypt

just thought id share that with yal

Posts: 179 | From: iowa usa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband prepares something similar although he uses Goya yellow rice and sofrito sauce, red beans and no sausage...... god and it tastes soooo good!!!! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinakamal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmmm never made it like that the sausage gives it the flavor
the best is popeyes fried chicken redbeand oooooooooooooooooo girl it sawesome

--------------------
 -

Posts: 179 | From: iowa usa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YUM! Red Beans & Rice?
[Smile] Ok, you're at least definitely
southern. [Wink]

(hint, we used to add a tablespoon or two of sugar!)
[Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
suger to red beans and rice mmmmmmmmm
also i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
rice dressing
and dirty rice

--------------------
 -

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dirty rice is a mexican thing
I take it back, you're not from Texas, just being fed info from someone. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tINAKAMAL IS cHIMPS. nEXT.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
no dirty rice is from louisiana loot up its not a mexican things spanish rice is mexican geees

--------------------
 -

seabreeze
Member # 10289

You look all of your information up online don't you Chimps? [Big Grin]
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
no dumbass i cook it duh
of if u wanna call me a chimp ill call u a sharmmota
yr new name i did not wanna get ugly but i stayrted it cabrona

--------------------
 -

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
tINAKAMAL IS cHIMPS. nEXT.

Just for once, can she not surprise us and do a troll that isn't glaringly, screamingly stupid, vulgar or vile? Guess that's a no then. [Roll Eyes]

PS. Smuckers, you crack me up. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

SWYS, my favorite is now how she thinks she speaks Spanish. [Razz]
Gave save the Queen [Big Grin]

tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
ok np call me a damn chimp monkey what ever just dont bother with me again!!!!bashin bastards
blah blah blah i dont have to justify myself to u yr noone to me so bla bla bla

--------------------
 -

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
SWYS, my favorite is now how she thinks she speaks Spanish. [Razz]
Gave save the Queen [Big Grin]

She speaks stupidity, fluently. Spanish? Por favor!!!! [Razz]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
i speak spanish yes very fluently spellin no
speak yes
lol
but ya know i dont have to justify myself to people i do not know i met 2 wonederful people in this forum and everytime someone new comes yal bash them so yal really think yal are superior and own this forum??as i can tell its an open forum so there for leave the new people alone ya just wanna make them feel bad i dont know yal so i cant say yal are good or bad peole i can say yal are mean and rude so therefore
say what u must!!!

--------------------
 -

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Then don't justify yourself, nobody's asking you to Chimps.
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez!!! I was totally enjoying the posts on this thread until it got ugly. Can't we all just get along? [Eek!] Anyway... have you ever tried red beans and rice made with brown sugar? You need red beans, dark brown sugar, chopped onions, and a little butter. Let it simmer as long as you like. Then pour it over rice. It's awesome! Adding a little beef or lamb would make it even better. I'm getting hungry!
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernBelle
Member # 13803

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthernBelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Beans and Rice is a staple in my house. Be sure to make it with Andouille Sausage, Jalepenos or your favorite red pepper and lots of Tabasco. Yummy!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooooooooo yes smoked beef sausage
it dont last long in my house too

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plastic Bags
Member # 13850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plastic Bags     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is a dinky its a meal but what is it and when i was on holiday i hear it alot the Egyptians was saying Americans dinkys. [Confused]
Posts: 178 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my nana always cooked great beans and rice but she died before i got her recipe gosh darn it
but in iowa noone makes this dish
so we just got a popeyes here so im happy with that their red beans and rice is awesome
i want some boudin form louisiana they dont make none of that in the north

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Oh God help me, I hate boudan. [Frown]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
well u have to dear yr muslim
its pork

seabreeze
Member # 10289

I wouldn't remember, I tried it years ago when I was still Christian.
Plastic Bags
Member # 13850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plastic Bags     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You lost your memory since you been a Muslim [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 178 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

No actually it was all of the drugs I did in my teens.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme
Member # 13852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drugs are bad, mmmmkay? [Razz] [Cool]
Posts: 35 | From: Rising From The Ashes | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:

have u ever tried chicken gumbo??
thats awesome i need buy by the jar i cant make it home made but my mom can shes an awesome cook

Troll
Member # 13877

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troll   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina

Every Southerner knows that red beans & rice is spicy. No Southerner. I repeat. NO SOUTHERNER would forget to mention the spices. *rolleyes*

You are so obviously a thing from the UK trying hard to google itself into being an American and a Southerner. No one believes you! *rolleyes*

It's obvious you've never even been to America. Your word choice, word usage, dislexic spelling mistakes, lack of punctuation, and favorite chimps phrases, are far too obvious. Up your meds. *rolleyes*

Even the most uneducated southerners would not spell yall/yal or cuz/cas. Southerners tend to spell how it sounds. But then you wouldn't have known that would you. Caz yr frm the UK!

Get a grip chimps. You're fooling no one. *rolleyes*

If you had been to America, you would know boudan is available everywhere. *rolleyes*

Posts: 25 | From: The Real South | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gascious_Clay
Member # 13876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gascious_Clay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
Geez!!! I was totally enjoying the posts on this thread until it got ugly. Can't we all just get along? [Eek!] Anyway... have you ever tried red beans and rice made with brown sugar? You need red beans, dark brown sugar, chopped onions, and a little butter. Let it simmer as long as you like. Then pour it over rice. It's awesome! Adding a little beef or lamb would make it even better. I'm getting hungry!

When visiting America I was at a barbeque and ate some beans cooked with brown sugar. Is it like this or are red beans different. ?
Posts: 53 | From: In the ring | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troll
Member # 13877

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troll   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's baked beans, not red beans n rice.

Most baked beans have bacon, bell peppers, onion, bbq sauce, mustard, brown sugar.

Posts: 25 | From: The Real South | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gascious_Clay
Member # 13876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gascious_Clay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BAKED BEANS
That is right, I forgot the name.
Thank you for the name.

Posts: 53 | From: In the ring | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ohhh yes brown sugared baked beans are the best and please not out of the can, homemade! (Ok, I'm really missing the states now) [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troll:
Tina

Every Southerner knows that red beans & rice is spicy. No Southerner. I repeat. NO SOUTHERNER would forget to mention the spices. *rolleyes*

You are so obviously a thing from the UK trying hard to google itself into being an American and a Southerner. No one believes you! *rolleyes*

It's obvious you've never even been to America. Your word choice, word usage, dislexic spelling mistakes, lack of punctuation, and favorite chimps phrases, are far too obvious. Up your meds. *rolleyes*

Even the most uneducated southerners would not spell yall/yal or cuz/cas. Southerners tend to spell how it sounds. But then you wouldn't have known that would you. Caz yr frm the UK!

Get a grip chimps. You're fooling no one. *rolleyes*

If you had been to America, you would know boudan is available everywhere. *rolleyes*

i never put spices in mine
i just cook it the way i said i hate my food spicy southerner or not
if ya dont like spicy food ya dont eat it!!!
so i aint from not stupid uk nor would i wanna be
but anyways i dont friggen care what u think!!!i like lawreys seasong salt and pepper and salt and some mexican seasoning i hate spicy food!!u need try harder to bash me

waterproof_mascara
Member # 13879

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for waterproof_mascara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tina kamal you must be fair to middlin right?
Posts: 50 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
what do u mean fair to middlin???

--------------------

waterproof_mascara
Member # 13879

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for waterproof_mascara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
what do u mean fair to middlin???

any southerner would know exactly what I mean.
my aunt is from texas and I only visited a couple of times and know what that means.
I read this red beans and rice section and I see you DO try to act like someone different. Its ok with me, I dont care [Big Grin] I just think its funny that you think nobody can see that.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
i was born in texas i havent lived there i live in iowa so no i have no clue what that is
!!!i was not raised there
just cas i was born there dont mean i know what it means

--------------------

waterproof_mascara
Member # 13879

Member Rated:
I wasnt born or raised in the south at all and I still know wha t this means
that is my point. i read this red beans and rice thread and u seem to want to try so much to come off as being southern -claiming to know somethings but then you use the excuse you are living in iowa when you dont know obvious things. its like saying 'I'm american but i grew up in canada, I know what a hamburger is but i have no idea what apple pie is'. [Confused]
anyway like I said its ok, i personally dont care it was just funny thats all. if you're trying to be incongito just say it. maybe the southeners who were giving you your information before are sleeping now or something.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
u know i dont really care what people think of me i know where i am from where i have been
i was born souther so there for i am a sourthern livin in iowa
i never proclaim to be noone else nor fake i am who i am
if noone likes it that their problem i make my red beans and rice with what i have in iowa im sure if i still lived in louisiana i would have a different recipe
iowa lacks alot of spices from the south
alot of good stuff i didnt get the recipe from the net i got it from my head thats how i cook it
gezzz

--------------------

waterproof_mascara
Member # 13879

Member Rated:
Ok ok, it's ok you dont want to admit it i don't care. [Big Grin] bye.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
i willl never be a northner heck no
i am a proud southner but i dont know all the terms ya yr right i should know more but i dont my family still lives in texas i just never go there since my nan died!!and what is it that u are tryin to get me to admit??

--------------------

Plastic Bags
Member # 13850

Rate Member
Just because a chicken has wings don't mean it can fly. [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com