Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Causes of Common FOOD CRAVINGS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Causes of Common FOOD CRAVINGS
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't usually crave foods, unless there is a reason. Many of those annoying symptoms that never go away are due to hidden food allergies like those of MSG, Nutrasweet, and Sulfites.

Here are a few real eye-opener articles:

* Food Cravings: We crave foods to correct imbalances within our body. Find out what you might be deficient on by looking up your craving.
* MSG Hidden Sources: MSG is in many forms with many names. Extensive list of names and sources.
* Nutrasweet/Equal/Aspartame: Signs/symptoms of this toxicity (including fibromyalgia, MS, headaches and other neurological diseases)
* Sulfites: A common additive causing asthma problems. Extensive list of foods containing sulfites is listed.
* Sugar: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ones and a few sugar-substitutes.

Psychiatrist Hunt (a self-described "totally committed chocolate-cola junkie") claims that food cravings are physicalnot psychologicalin origin and result from infections, vitamin/mineral deficiencies and/or food allergies. And as soon as the body "gets what it really needs (the material recommended in his book to block the cravings)," he asserts, "you lose your appetite (cravings) for foods that are not good for you." His guide presents some absorbing case studies of idiosyncratic addictive behavior, elucidating how allergenic foods become habit-forming, as well as the deceptive origins of a number of cravings, including bread and cheese (yeast allergy; the fungal infection candidiasis), ice (iron deficiency), beef (beef allergy; phosphorus deficiency).

Causes of Common FOOD CRAVINGS:

* Acid or sour- Body is full of toxins
* Alcohol- Imbalanced brain chemicals or mineral deficiencies
* Baked goods- yeast, wheat allergy, emotional, lack of love
* Beef- Body low in phosphorus
* Beverages- Phosphorus deficiency
* Bones- Calcium deficiency See Ionic Minerals Handout
* Bread- yeast infection or wheat allergy
* Caffeine- Adrenal exhaustion (needs glandulars)
* Carbohydrates- Yeast or eating triggered by specific emotions or brain hormone imbalances
* Cheese- Yeast infection, sulfite allergy (orange cheeses)
* Chemicals (gasoline fumes, chlorine or petrochemicals)- allergy
* Chalk or plaster- Calcium deficiency
bullet
* Chocolate- Cocoa allergy, lack of love, craving more phenylethylalanine (the love hormone), hormonal imbalances
* Cold weather or prior to rain storms- Mold allergies
* Cravings, same time every day- decreased serotonin
* Cravings, about the same time each day-Cortisone cyclic rhythm changes.
* Cravings, winter months- Possible mold allergies
* Cravings, night- Allergy withdrawal signs or decreased adrenal function
* Dirt or Clay- Mineral or trace mineral deficiency
* Fatigue/Insomnia, cravings with- Low energy, adrenal exhaustion
* Feces- Cow poop, Horse poop- Enzyme deficiency or trace minerals
* Feces- Dog poop (as a dog) Improper potty training by humans
* Fish and Shrimp craving- Iodine deficiency, hypothyroidism
* Ice cubes- Iron or B6 deficiency
* Ice Cream- Calcium deficiency, yeast
* Licorice- Salt and/or water deficiency (Licorice increases retention of water therefore leading to High Blood Pressure)
* Midnight snacks- try eating frozen foods like melon/grapefruit
* Milk- Low calcium, diminished parathyroid function, poss. yeast
* Nutritional supplements, cravings with- wrong type of supplements
* Orange juice- Allergic addiction to same
* Pepper, black- Chromium or chromium picolinate deficiency
* Peanut Butter- Possible mold/mildew allergies
* PMS, cravings from- Decreased progesterone, Trace mineral or vitamin deficiencies.
* Pregnancy, cravings during- Zinc deficiency
* Salt- Sodium deficiency or decreased sensitivity to salt
* Smoking, cravings with- Nicotine is suppressing insulin levels
* Soda Pop- Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium imbalances.
* Sugar- Corn allergy, Yeast infection
* Water- Diabetes, Addison's disease
* Water- Craving at night- Salt deficiency (Try Celtic Sea Salt-it has way more minerals in it than any salt including the "sea salt" you see in the health food store!)

Reference: No More Cravings by Douglas Hunt, MD. c.1987

Minerals fit into the category of The Basics of Health. We need them. Everyday. Every day you don’t get your minerals you are chopping off a few hours or a few days of your life. There is no such thing as "eating right." If the minerals aren't in the soil where the food is grown, they are not in our foods. Many over-the-counter vitamin and mineral supplements are made with inorganic and synthetic components that are not easily assimilated by our bodies.

How do you know this is happening to you? Look at your fingernails. Do you have vertical ridges on them? If so, your body is not taking assimilating into your cells what you are putting into your mouth. You need higher quality, more easily assimilated vitamin, mineral, and glyconutrient supplements.

Positive Lifestyle changes include things like… taking in essential nutrients. You need 99 nutrients in your diet every day. Sixty minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids or protein building blocks, 8 essential glyconutrients, and 3 essential fatty acids. If we don't take in those 99 nutrients in our daily diet, we will contract a deficiency disease....

Here's an example:

Liver Spots:

Any way, if you have a selenium deficiency and don’t want to wait until you have a heart attack and die to recognize it, just look at your hands and other body parts for liver spots. If you have liver spots you have an early selenium deficiency… that’s called, free radical damage. Fortunately, if you recognize this and start taking some ionic minerals, in four to six months they will lighten in color. If they are going away on the outside, your body is getting healthier on the inside, which helps protect your heart, liver, and kidneys.

Check your fingernails to evaluate your liver health:

The other quick test you can do to check your liver function is to look at the tips of your fingernails. If they have a red line at the tip, your liver is working like crazy trying to keep up with detoxification. You might want to add some burdock root into your supplement protocol and eat those raw fruits and vegetables . . .at least 1 1/2 cups a day of each.....
http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/BasicsofHealth/ionic_minerals.htm

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Craving dog and cow poo [Eek!] The day I crave that is the day I should be sectioned or shot!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

agreed !

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dirt or Clay- Mineral or trace mineral deficiency
Once more an interesting article ya UC. And once more I was thinking about this the other day. I was thinking about how cravings can be good for our health, if and only if they are not for sweets/carbohydrates.

But now I have a question. I was in this arty farty alternative shop, and there was this sales lady trying hard to sell me this half a bucket of mud, claiming that it is the best detox thing in town.

Has anybody here ever tried ingesting mud or clay for detox purposes? I haven't been able to find much info about that online. [Frown]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope sorry can't help you there, still searching for my dog poo!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salexian
Member # 13086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salexian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post, Undercover - and fairly accurate based on current and past research. Anyone suspecting they have an allergy to foodstuffs should have it properly assessed and not rely on one of those "quick-test" analyses offfered by some health food stores.

It is also better to get your RDAs of vitamins and minerals from food and noot from supplements.

MK: ingesting mud is not a good idea and will not help with detoxing in the least! Come to that, neither will a diet of fruit and veg juices, although the psychosomatic effect may do a lot of good and, if it does, that's worth a lot to the individual embarking on such a regime.

I became hooked on juicing and convincd myself I was detoxing. Result? I became a carb junkie.

--------------------
He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ [Frown]

Well at least now I'm happy I don't have to eat mud. [Big Grin]

Do you have any links about this subject, Salexian?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few more interesting articles

Do You Have A Nutritional Deficiency? How To Identify The Signs

7 Things To Know About Food Cravings

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Dr. Richard Schulze is by far the best person to be acquainted with if you're concerned about your health. He helped thousands worldwide to recover from any and all diseases using his Natural Healing Routines and Herbal Formulae. Many had so-called incurable diseases and were at deaths door, many ended up outliving their doctors who told them they were going to die.

His detox programs are by far the best.
http://www.curezone.com/schulze/default.asp
http://www.herbdoc.com/home_1024x768.asp

salexian
Member # 13086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salexian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MK: Undercover has provided links on Dr Richard Schulze, and Googling his name will produce hundreds more, as the good doctor is an ardent self-publicist.

Although his stuff is reasonably sound (excepting you can buy most of the products he advocates at a fraction of the price he will sell them to you for), without starting a forum war, I am afraid I view him in much the same light as I view "Dr" Gillian McKeith - both provide good entertainment.

--------------------
He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com