Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » my favorite chef

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my favorite chef
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/takehomechef/takehomechef.html
this guy is fab i watch him everyday . i use his recipes all the time , just wanted to share him with you
 -
curtis stone [Razz]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Yum Kung (Hot & Sour Soup with Shrimp)

Serves 4

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon/15 ml peanut oil
20 uncooked medium shrimp with heads attached (about 12 ounces/350 g total), peeled and deveined, shells and heads reserved
3˝ ounces/100 g galangal, peeled and thinly sliced
3˝ ounces/100 g fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
2 stalks fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced crosswise
8 cups/2 liters fish stock or chicken stock
5 ounces/140 g oyster mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced crosswise
5 Thai chilies, very thinly sliced crosswise
5 kaffir lime leaves
3 tablespoons/45 ml Thai fish sauce
1 lime, juice only
4 sprigs fresh cilantro
2 sprigs fresh mint

Method:

Place a heavy-based large saucepan over a medium to high heat. Drizzle the peanut oil over the hot pan then add the reserved shrimp heads and shells.

Sauté and crush the shells and heads with a spoon for about 5 minutes or until the shells begin to stick to the pan. Add the galangal, ginger and half of the lemongrass and continue to cook 2 minutes longer. Add the stock and stir to scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Boil the stock for 10 minutes.

Strain the stock through a fine-meshed strainer and into another large saucepan, discarding all the solids remaining in the strainer. Bring the shrimp broth to a gentle simmer over a medium heat. Add the remaining lemongrass, the mushrooms, green onions, chilies, kaffir lime leaves, Thai fish sauce and lime juice.

Simmer for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Add the shrimp and continue to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or just until the shrimp are firm and pink. Divide the soup among 4 serving bowls, garnish with the cilantro and mint leaves and serve.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He looks gay. [Razz]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband got a book written by the chef Jamie Oliver.
Do you know him??
http://www.jamieoliver.com/

He is also called the Naked Chef. (Don't know why [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] )

We have tried out different recipes out of this book, but we were not really like 'woowww, this tastes great'. [Frown]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
He looks gay. [Razz]

Yes he does! Look at the shirt he's wearing!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:

He is also called the Naked Chef. (Don't know why [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] )(

Look what I found for you:

10 Reasons Why Jamie Oliver Is So My B*tch

1 He can't stop talking dirty
All the way through his books. 'Strip it bare and make it work'; 'Harder and sweatier'; 'morning glory' 'gagging for it', 'hardcore action in the kitchen', etc. etc. etc.

2 He is cute
Not some lameoid magazine stereotype of cute, all lantern-jawed and tanned. Really cute. Julie Burchill put it eloquently: 'Not fancying Jamie Oliver would be as perverse as not fancying a golden labrador puppy, and I certainly don't intend to rock the boat on this one.' Quite.

3 He is thick
Apparently the only GCSE's he attained were Art and Geology. But who needs brains in one's cook? This only adds to his appeal. He will not be answering back.

4 He is married to a posh bird
Women like men who can commit. If we could just get him off her, we think, he will commit like that to me.

5 He does housework
Despite being married to that posh bird, he does all the cooking. You gotta love that in a boy.

6 He actually respects women
When asked about his favourite chefs he answered, 'As far as I'm concerned, all the people I have respect for are women. ' Yowsa!

7 He's a bit naughty
Despite all this respect and commitment business, he is an Essex lad. A working-class bit of rough. You feel that he would, if he felt the urge, tumble you across the kitchen floor, and not pick you up afterwards.

8 Men hate him
It is fun to fancy someone the opposite sex hate. That is precisely why Pamela Anderson is so popular.

9 He facilitates homosexual harem fantasies
Any straight girls like to diddle their skittles over images of, say, Jamie Oliver and Louis Theroux getting it on. Well, ok, I do. Little Jamie, with his coterie of mates, so youthful and enthusiastic, makes this easier than ever.

10 He's not afraid of moist things
Ever see him make bread?

http://www.seethru.co.uk/zine/features/jamie_oliver/page2.htm

Oh well maybe there are some another explanations out!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love jamie too , he is a great chef also
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
He looks gay. [Razz]

no hes not at all [Frown] ever watch his shows hes all man [Razz]

micky runs away crying [Frown]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a German version of Jamie Oliver. [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he's hot Micky and I love his accent. I just watch his show hoping that his shirt will "accidentally" fall off or something. [Big Grin] [Razz] [Cool]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Bad girl you... please focus on the cooking!! [Razz]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist Shines On:
I think he's hot Micky and I love his accent. I just watch his show hoping that his shirt will "accidentally" fall off or something. [Big Grin] [Razz] [Cool]

thank you alchemist me too, that aussie accent drives me wild [Razz]

tl are you talking to me or alchemist [Confused] [Big Grin]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
i love his food i always watched him when i was grownin up

http://www.justinwilson.com/

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i remember him [Big Grin] i liked the way he said " i am so happy for you to see me and onions [Big Grin]
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Paula Deen, Nigella, and The Barefoot Contessa.
Course they do nothing for me in the "good looks" dept, but I sure do like what they cook.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
me too jb, Nigella is awesome.

-

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite chef is Micky! Nuf ced!
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
awwwwwwwww thank you A. you aint bad yourself [Wink]
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good point Exiled....she is WONDERFUL.
didn't know that you had your own TV show, Micky.

wish ya did...might be a great career move!

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
the bare foot contessa she is one of the great chefs also
 -
ina garner

jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
isn't she just wunnerful !
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
yes she is.tell you what get all the es members to email foodnetwork and tell them you want me to have my own show , maybe i will [Big Grin] but i need my sous chefs with me exile and almaz please come forward [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
good point Exiled....she is WONDERFUL.
didn't know that you had your own TV show, Micky.

wish ya did...might be a great career move!

thank you for such a nice compliment jb and exile [Wink]
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky, if you get your own show, do I get to meet Curtis? Then I am all for it. [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
done you are in girly [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
the rescue chef his name is Danny Boome. on his website you can actually ask him to come to your home if you need him to rescue you with a cooking problem. so i tried it who know maybe he will come [Big Grin]  -
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist Shines On:
Micky, if you get your own show, do I get to meet Curtis? Then I am all for it. [Big Grin] [Razz]

want to meet Danny too [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com