Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Celery Leaves

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Celery Leaves
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 5 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of bringing home the ACTUAL celery my husband somehow only brought home leaves. [Confused]
Can these be eaten and, if so, are they just cut up and cooked like cilantro or parsley?
Do they give the same flavor as celery seed or something, like a spice?

Big thanks to anyone who can help. [Smile]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
celery leaves are where the taste is excellent in soups and stews. they are a great taste just like the celery stalk, i use them all the time [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God, I really needed the flavor and tried not to be livid when I saw I didn't get the stalk. Thanks Micky.

Also, is it ok to use in (for example) potato salad? [Confused]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes [Razz] and you can also use the seeds if you have them
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I don't have the seeds just the leaves and I don't have green onions so I'm grating white onions and hoping the green from the celery leaves will give it the color. I have a great recipe and so far so good. [Wink] Thanks for the help though, it wouldn't be the same without that celery flavor. [Wink] You're a doll~
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
did you recipe work smucks? [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Oh it was great Micky, thanks. My husband even liked it and he usually doesn't care for cold pasta (or potato) salads. I am thinking to buy more of it and dry it and save it for the months when celery is not 'in season'.
Thanks for your wisdom, you're an asset here. [Wink]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
well thank you my friend i try to help when i can [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com