Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Favorite Egyptian Food (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite Egyptian Food
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reviving an old thread...

I thought the same thing about the ol es! I thought they were turnips though, not potatoes.

My fave Egyptian foods are koshary, goolash (yanno that phyllo/meat pie thingy), mahshi made with grape leaves and mouloukhia. When I first had it ages ago I thought it was icky but now I love it. I also like firakh meshwia or whatever you call it.

I think the Egyptian food I dislike the most is macaroni bi bechamel. Heavy as hell. And the two times I ate it it was like eating macarona, meat and paste. Yuck. I didn't care much for pigeon either. I dunno if it was the way it was prepared but it was rather tasteless.

quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
Mine has to be Kolcasia or Ol Es as they call it here. When I first saw it I thought it was a bowl of Molokeya with chopped up potatoes inside!

I have been in Egypt for the last 3 weeks and mainly staying with my husbands family so 90% of my diet has been Egyptian Food and I got to try loads of things that I hadn't previously had. Koshari is another new favourite. I love it all. Anything that has been made by someone else other than me is fine by me ;-)

The only food I dislike is that Sesame Seed Paste - Halawi or something like that?

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com