Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » hot crab dip

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hot crab dip
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ingredients:

* 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat, free of shells
* 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
* 1/4 cup green onions, minced, optional
* 5 to 6 roasted garlic cloves or 2 cloves minced
* 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
* 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
* Salt and pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot with crackers or toast points.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamaican oxtail

2 pounds chopped oxtails
10 cups of water
1 whole haberno pepper
1 onion finely diced
1 green onion and ripe pepper diced
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 can of Jamaican butter beans
3 cloves of garlic diced finely
4 thyme stalks with shredded leaves
5 pimento seeds crushed finely
½tablespoon of vinegar

Mix water and vinegar and wash the oxtails to remove any raw smells then place the oxtail meat in a pressure cooker with the soy sauce and the paprika with no salt. Add about 3-4 cups of the water and pressure cook the oxtail until the cooker reaches maximum levels then cook for about 3 more minutes then allow the pressure cooker to cool. Next in a medium sized sauce pan add seasonings with a tablespoon of oil and sauté for about 1 ½ minutes. Next add the Oxtail and the butter beans, then cover and cook down for about 3-5 minutes on a low stove. Next Remove and then serve with white rice or rice n peas..check perivous thread for rice n peas recipe.

-

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brada-Anansi , sounds good could i use something else in place of oxtail, like the meat in osso buco

-

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well as long as it on the bone maybe it's ok.
anyways good eating..I'll try that crab dip for my friend's house-warming pot-luck party. thank.. [Smile]

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can also add artichokes and baby shrimp to my recipe , also a little cream cheese to make it a little richer...awesome
i can eat that for hours [Razz] [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Well as long as it on the bone maybe it's ok.
anyways good eating..I'll try that crab dip for my friend's house-warming pot-luck party. thank.. [Smile]

did ya try the crab dip?
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
No not yet my friend hasen't finish painting his new apartment yet. but I am iching to have a go at it [Smile]
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Amazing..I was most definately the hero at that pot-luck..thanks Chef Mick. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Cool]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i am so happy you liked it [Wink] [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com