Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Chocolate Orange Tiramisu

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chocolate Orange Tiramisu
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chocolate Orange Tiramisu [Razz]

-

What you need

Serves 4

Syrup:

* 6½ oz strong coffee
* 2 oz Grand Marnier® Cordon Rouge liqueur
* 4 ladyfinger biscuits

Mascarpone mousse:

* 6½ oz mascarpone
* 4½ oz whipped cream
* 1 oz Grand Marnier® Cordon Rouge liqueur
* Finely grated zest of ½ orange
* 3 egg whites (3 oz)
* 3 egg yolks (2 oz)
* 1/3 cup sugar

How to make it

* Combine the Grand Marnier® liqueur with the hot coffee. Let cool.

Soak the ladyfinger biscuits in this syrup until they are thoroughly imbibed.

Mix the yolks into the mascarpone. Add the Grand Marnier® liqueur along with the orange zest and whipped cream. Fold in the beaten together egg whites and sugar. Place a biscuit in the bottom of each glass and top with mousse. Repeat this procedure once more. Keep chilled.

Melt the chocolate and form small disks on a piece of aluminum foil using a teaspoon.
Insert wooden skewers to serve as handles of the chocolate spoons. Refrigerate and let harden.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my fave desserts [Big Grin]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
Chocolate Orange Tiramisu [Razz]

-

What you need

Serves 4

Syrup:

* 6½ oz strong coffee
* 2 oz Grand Marnier® Cordon Rouge liqueur
* 4 ladyfinger biscuits

Mascarpone mousse:

* 6½ oz mascarpone
* 4½ oz whipped cream
* 1 oz Grand Marnier® Cordon Rouge liqueur
* Finely grated zest of ½ orange
* 3 egg whites (3 oz)
* 3 egg yolks (2 oz)
* 1/3 cup sugar

How to make it

* Combine the Grand Marnier® liqueur with the hot coffee. Let cool.

Soak the ladyfinger biscuits in this syrup until they are thoroughly imbibed.

Mix the yolks into the mascarpone. Add the Grand Marnier® liqueur along with the orange zest and whipped cream. Fold in the beaten together egg whites and sugar. Place a biscuit in the bottom of each glass and top with mousse. Repeat this procedure once more. Keep chilled.

Melt the chocolate and form small disks on a piece of aluminum foil using a teaspoon.
Insert wooden skewers to serve as handles of the chocolate spoons. Refrigerate and let harden.

Sweetie are you trying to make me fat ? [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes Madame [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
yes Madame [Razz] [Wink]

OVER MY DEAD ...... [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
what kind of friend would i be if i didnt serve you good food Kalila [Razz] [Wink]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky, you know I luv ya BUT...can you please post some other recipe as just seeing 'chocolate orange' gets my mouth watering and I cant get any of these things here! [Mad]

OR

Post some other chocolate orange recipe with ingredients I CAN get here [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
read ya loud and clear there Ayisha [Wink]
euree
Member # 17076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for euree   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfect for the holidays. Me and my family love to make tiramisu every Christmas and I think it's time to try other flavor now. My mom loves mango so we always use mango with our homemade tiramisu. I'll definitely suggests this for a change.

goji juice health
napoleon direct vent fireplace

--------------------
himalayan goji berries

Posts: 10 | From: Philippines | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com