Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Diet Food

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diet Food
melissa87
Member # 17186

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melissa87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, anybody have any good recipes for someone on a diet? something other than steamed veg :s its so bland. Thank you [Smile]
Posts: 140 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grilled Flank Steak and Onions

(21 votes) Move your mouse over the stars then click to vote. Loading ...
recipe ingredients
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. rosemary, crumbled
1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/4 pounds beef flank steak
3 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-recipes/low-calorie/entrees/beef/

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melissa87
Member # 17186

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melissa87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tina! do u think i can replace the beef with chicken? since i dont really like beef. it looks yummy!
Posts: 140 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indian Curries.  -

Seriously. If you make a vegetarian Indian meal, it consists mainly out of veggies, pulses (for example lentils) and rice. Amounts of oil or fat are usually not much and can be varied if you want to decrease your intake of fat. And it's very healthy too, lots of vitamins, minerals and fibers.

The vegetables used are nothing exotic ... potatoes, cauliflower, eggplants, peas, spinach ... it's the use of spices and the combination of different textures that makes it delicious.

Apart from that -- how about creamed veggie soups? Great in winter, and you just have to throw everything together, boil it and puree it afterwards. For example pumpkin, carrots, ginger and garlic, with a touch of cumin and turmeric. Or leek-potato-soup with lots of black pepper. Or a spicy red bean chili.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
South Beach diet, the Mediterrean diet. Do some research before you start.

Have adequate cooking equipment before you get started, or there is a frozen food section...

seriously taking off a few is one thing, but taking off more than 15lbs will incur a life change.

80% of the Developed World could use huge dietary improvements anyhow.... Be a leader!

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by melissa87:
Thanks Tina! do u think i can replace the beef with chicken? since i dont really like beef. it looks yummy!

i wouldnt know y not?
look in google for chicken diet lite meals.

http://www.freedieting.com/1400_calorie_diet_2.htm

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i find you can eat whatever you want...only small portions and dont go nuts, as long as u work out everyday.
Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Momma_Dukez:
i find you can eat whatever you want...only small portions and dont go nuts, as long as u work out everyday.

It helps when you have a band around your stomach, effectively restricting food to half the size, to control how much you eat.

Nuts are a good fat, unsaturated fats should not exceed 20-30% of your daily calories.

Yes its time to start counting calories, fat grams and glycemic indexes for sugar. Now you got those fat cells they don't disappear, even if you liposuck them out they body replaces them. only thing you can do is shrink those fat cells by carefully eating.

Exercising is great for your entire health system, but it doesn't really put a dent in the size of those fat cells.

Some meats are great, like fish and chicken, turkey. Red meat you can eat sparingly. Nuts are actually a better protein source than meat, the best is beans (legumes).

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com