Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Diet Food » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
melissa87
Member # 17186
 - posted
Hi guys, anybody have any good recipes for someone on a diet? something other than steamed veg :s its so bland. Thank you [Smile]

tina kamal
Member # 13845
 - posted
Grilled Flank Steak and Onions

(21 votes) Move your mouse over the stars then click to vote. Loading ...
recipe ingredients
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. rosemary, crumbled
1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/4 pounds beef flank steak
3 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-recipes/low-calorie/entrees/beef/

melissa87
Member # 17186
 - posted
Thanks Tina! do u think i can replace the beef with chicken? since i dont really like beef. it looks yummy!

*Dalia*
Member # 13012
 - posted
Indian Curries.  -

Seriously. If you make a vegetarian Indian meal, it consists mainly out of veggies, pulses (for example lentils) and rice. Amounts of oil or fat are usually not much and can be varied if you want to decrease your intake of fat. And it's very healthy too, lots of vitamins, minerals and fibers.

The vegetables used are nothing exotic ... potatoes, cauliflower, eggplants, peas, spinach ... it's the use of spices and the combination of different textures that makes it delicious.

Apart from that -- how about creamed veggie soups? Great in winter, and you just have to throw everything together, boil it and puree it afterwards. For example pumpkin, carrots, ginger and garlic, with a touch of cumin and turmeric. Or leek-potato-soup with lots of black pepper. Or a spicy red bean chili.

metinoot
Member # 17031
 - posted
South Beach diet, the Mediterrean diet. Do some research before you start.

Have adequate cooking equipment before you get started, or there is a frozen food section...

seriously taking off a few is one thing, but taking off more than 15lbs will incur a life change.

80% of the Developed World could use huge dietary improvements anyhow.... Be a leader!

tina kamal
Member # 13845
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by melissa87:
Thanks Tina! do u think i can replace the beef with chicken? since i dont really like beef. it looks yummy!

i wouldnt know y not?
look in google for chicken diet lite meals.

http://www.freedieting.com/1400_calorie_diet_2.htm

Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037
 - posted
i find you can eat whatever you want...only small portions and dont go nuts, as long as u work out everyday.

metinoot
Member # 17031
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Momma_Dukez:
i find you can eat whatever you want...only small portions and dont go nuts, as long as u work out everyday.

It helps when you have a band around your stomach, effectively restricting food to half the size, to control how much you eat.

Nuts are a good fat, unsaturated fats should not exceed 20-30% of your daily calories.

Yes its time to start counting calories, fat grams and glycemic indexes for sugar. Now you got those fat cells they don't disappear, even if you liposuck them out they body replaces them. only thing you can do is shrink those fat cells by carefully eating.

Exercising is great for your entire health system, but it doesn't really put a dent in the size of those fat cells.

Some meats are great, like fish and chicken, turkey. Red meat you can eat sparingly. Nuts are actually a better protein source than meat, the best is beans (legumes).

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com