EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » egyptian jewish identities

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: egyptian jewish identities
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In July 1954, Israeli Military Intelligence ordered an espionage network of Egyptian Jews it had formed three years earlier to launch "Operation Susannah" -- a campaign to fire bomb the main Alexandria post office, the United States Information Agency offices in Cairo and Alexandria, the Cairo train station, and several movie theaters in Cairo and Alexandria. The saboteurs (today we would call them terrorists, especially if they were Arabs or Muslims acting against Israel or the United States) were quickly apprehended and brought to trial in December 1954. The verdicts and sentences delivered in January 1955 spanned the range of options. Sami (Shmu`el) Azar and Musa (Moshe) Marzuq were sentenced to death along with the Israeli handlers of the network -- John Darling (Avraham Dar) and Paul Frank (Avraham Seidenwerg) -- who were not apprehended and tried in absentia. Me'ir Meyuhas and Me'ir Za`fran received seven years in prison. Victor Levy and Philip Natanson were sentenced to fifteen years in prison. Marcelle Ninio and Robert Dassa were condemned to life in prison. Caesar Cohen and Eli Na`im were acquitted. Max Binnet, an Israeli spy apprehended with the network but not directly involved in its operations, committed suicide in jail.[1] Here, I do not propose to revisit the perennial question in Israeli politics, "Who gave the order?" -- the focal point of a still unresolved political scandal labeled the "Lavon affair" or, in the sanitized discourse of national security, "the mishap" [ha-`esek ha-bish].

web page

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read a story once, and I don't remember if it was here.
It was about a victim of this bomb-attacks who has been in the hospital in Alaxandria for a long time, and was searching for this nurse. I believe she was Jewish....
There seems to have been a large Jewish community in Alex that days, but after this they left.
Remember???

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
topoftheworld
Member # 15107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for topoftheworld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I willing to be a martyr one of my close friend muslim from europe ,when to irak and die there ,im not so close mind but someting the anger the repression make me understand how they feel why this action appened
Posts: 38 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are talking about two homelands, and in my opinion that's a mistake. A homeland is the country where you have been born and raised. As far as I know, the Jews are the only group religious people that are making the connection between a religion and a country.
I am a Christian, but that doesn't say anuthing about my homeland.
My friend is a Muslim, and that also doesn't say anything about her hoemland.
Only the Jews, as a religious group are naming a country (Israel) a homeland.
Funny detail is that all these three religions have roots in that same area, so also the Muslims and the Christians could name that area a homeland.
Muslims and Christians are not, and they also don't claim that area as a homeland, they don't claim rights because of that historical orgine.
The Jews are doing that, and at the same time they like to make it impossible for Christians and Muslims to live in that area.
At the same time Muslims are making problems because of that claiming of rights.
Through history all these religious groups have been persecuted, untill the time that they all found a way to live in a satisfying way next to each other.
There were Jews, Christians and Muslims living next to each other in countries, and they all found a way to make that possible.
Untill a time, when a man empowered a great number of countries and made one religious group victim: the Jews.
The Jews were persecuted, and murdered, it costed millions of lifes. The Jews, claimed a natuon of their own, where they could live in peace, with only Jews.
(In fact that's the same as that man aimed to do, to live together without Jews, but only Christians.)
The Jews were making that claim because of the persecutions of Jews during centuries. That all other religions have been victims of the same, was forgotten to mention.
I think that was the biggest mistake: to admit that a religious group should have rights to live together in one country, while others should have to move out for that.
All the Jews of the world were able to move in that country, wether they have been persecuted or not, European Jews, American Jews, South-American Jews, Russian Jews, and also Egyptian Jews.
Every dumb ass couldpredict the country soon shouldn't be big enough, so they have to exposured. This means that they had to take alnd from others again.
Of course people didn't accept! Why should they?
When a group of Jews should come to my country, claiming the land because of historical claims, I also should try to prevent that! And when they should declare this as a new nation, give it a name, also should fight for my own rights. Because I have been born and raised here, and it is my land!
So, Israel had to make this possible by secret intellegences, by terroristic attacks, etc. People wouldn't leave their homeland voluntairily...

My conclusion the direct cause has been WW II and the biggest mistake was made by the allied forces to give a religious group a nation for their own. Not the crusades, like others have a theory. Because that crusades only were a certain time of history, like every religious group has been victim during a certain period of history. They had to consider WWII as the same, only a certain period in history...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com