EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » Nazi hunters 'find Doctor Death'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nazi hunters 'find Doctor Death'
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the common opinion about Jews, but I wonder how Egyptian people think about events like this...

Heim is said to have used his victims' body parts as decorations
Nazi hunters say they have strong evidence that the most wanted member of Hitler's regime - known as Dr Death - is hiding in southern Chile.

The Simon Wiesenthal Centre believes Aribert Heim is in Patagonia, where his daughter is known to live.

The centre has sent representatives to the region to pursue the search.

Heim is said to have documented the victims he tortured and killed at Mauthausen concentration camp in Austria during World War II.

He is accused of killing Jews using exceptionally cruel methods. According to Holocaust survivors, he performed operations and amputations without anaesthetic to see how much pain his victims could endure.

Injecting victims straight into the heart with petrol, water or poison were said to have been his favoured method at Mauthausen.

"In the last few days we've received information from two different sources, both relating to Chile, which we think have very good potential," said Efraim Zuroff, director of the Israel office of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre.

The group has put up a 315,000 euros ($495,000; £250,000) reward for information leading to the arrest of Heim.

"His crimes are fully documented by himself, because he kept a log of the operations that he carried out," Mr Zuroff said.

"He tortured many inmates before he killed them at Mauthausen, and he used body parts of the people he killed as decorations."

After the war, Heim was detained by US forces but was not charged.

He practised medicine in the German town of Baden-Baden until 1962, when he fled the country after being tipped off that the authorities were about to prosecute him.

If he is still alive, Heim will be 94 years old.

©BBC News.

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember I've seen a documentary about this several months ago in which was claimed he's residing in Chile. Infact they took pics of an old man and tried to match them with pics of Heim during WWII.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was detained by US-forces, but not charged. So why would he have to hide then? Should war-law-regulations offer possibilities to charge him 50 yrs later?
That should be strange. Besides that, he probably wouldn't survive the process, he already is 94 yrs old.
But, this was not what was in my mind. I know Egyptians are not Jews-lovers. When a bird drops dead from a roof, they'll blame the Jews.(joking)
I wondered how they think about what happened during holocaust...
When we are reading about only this doctor, he did horrible things to people. There are and were a lot of people during horrible things to others, and our opinion about that differs by the ones who are into this.
We regret, we feel sorry, we try to make it look different, we take it as a message or we simply don't care, because it is too far from our beds.
All different reactions...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know how too many Muslims think about the Holocaust.... they are in denial.

I wonder why the US troops let him go though? Wasn't there enough evidence at this point?? [Confused]

Villa Baviera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonia_Dignidad

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
They are in denial? I will ask my friend about it. We should go and visit some places, maybe a former concentrationcamp would be impressive and informative.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Please take a look at the following article:

It's states that Heim actually was living up to 1962 in Germany, it is also claimed that he worked for the Egyptian police forces!! [Eek!]

War crimes: the hunt for Doctor Death

It is a race against time: can 94-year-old Aribert Heim be brought to justice before he dies? Now, as Cahal Milmo reports, Nazi-hunters believe they may have found him – in Chile

Thursday, 10 July 2008

In September 1962, detectives arrived to arrest a wealthy gynaecologist in the West German spa resort of Baden-Baden. Unfortunately, the quality of their information was surpassed by that of their quarry. Aribert Heim, a man whose experiments in a Nazi concentration camp earned him the moniker of "Doctor Death" among inmates, had disappeared hours earlier.

The vanishing trick performed that day by Heim, then a respectable member of society in one of West Germany's most well-heeled cities and the owner of a property portfolio that included an apartment block in Berlin, was the beginning of a 46-year flight from justice for the world's most wanted Nazi war criminal. It has reputedly taken him through Egypt, Uruguay, Spain, Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.

It is a fugitive's journey defined by the ability of Heim, who stands accused of the medicalised murder of hundreds of inmates in the most gruesome circumstances, to stay one step ahead of his pursuers. His repeated evasion of would-be captors including Mossad, the Israeli secret service, dates back to the end of the Second World War when he was inexplicably – and according to Nazi hunters "suspiciously" – released without charge by the American military.

It is also a saga that could be about to come to an end. Yesterday, two representatives of the Jerusalem office of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre, the body which has helped bring hundreds of Holocaust perpetrators to trial, stepped off a plane in southern Chile armed with information they believe could finally lead to the capture of a 94-year-old man with grey eyes and a distinctive duelling scar who stands accused of some of the most grotesque acts of cruelty in Hitler's Reich.

Efraim Zuroff, director of the centre in the Israeli capital, told The Independent that he had received "good information", understood to include a potential sighting, to indicate that Heim is alive and hiding in or around the Chilean city of Puerto Montt in the heart of Patagonia, where his daughter, Waltraud, 64, has lived for decades.

Mr Zuroff said: "There is information we have received which gives us good grounds for thinking that Heim is in Chile. We have received very good co-operation from Chilean and Argentinian authorities."

The arrival of Mr Zuroff and his Buenos Aires-based colleague Sergio Widder in Puerto Montt, a dramatically located port on the Pacific Ocean, is indicative of the urgency of capturing Heim and what the Wiesenthal Centre believes are hundreds of Holocaust criminals in their eighties or nineties who remain at large. In 2005, the organisation launched Operation Last Chance, a project to track down and arrest at least 300 suspects with the help of cash rewards and newspaper ads.

Heim, the son of an Austrian policeman who trained as a doctor in Vienna and joined the Nazi party three years before the Anschluss, remains the most cherished target of the Nazi hunters. Mr Zuroff, an American-born historian who succeeded Simon Wiesenthal as director of the centre, said last year: "We have expectations of catching all of them but if we only get Heim, it will be a success."

A reward of £250,000 for Heim's arrest is being offered jointly by the centre and the German and Austrian governments.

It is the barbarity in the name of medicine carried out by Heim, who served as a doctor in the Sachsenhausen, Buchenwald and Mauthausen camps after joining the Waffen SS, that has secured his position at the top of the list of surviving war criminals issued by Operation Last Chance.

He is accused of conducting his most gruesome experiments during his two-month stay in Mauthausen, close to the Austrian town of Linz, in 1941. Aided by an SS pharmacist, Erich Wasicky, he murdered hundreds of inmates by injecting various liquids, including gasoline, phenol, water and poison, into the hearts of prisoners to see which killed them the fastest. He used a stopwatch to time the results, recording them meticulously in a ledger.

Heim, whose experimentation was compared to that of the Auschwitz doctor Josef Mengele, also carried out amputations on prisoners without anaesthetic to see what level of pain a human could endure before expiring. Organs were removed from conscious patients, including one case where the liver, spleen and bowel were excised.

Mr Zuroff said: "His crimes are fully documented by himself because he kept a log of the operations that he carried out."

Testimony from captive orderlies who witnessed Heim's activities showed that he used body parts from his victims as decorations, once offering the camp commandant a present of seat coverings fashioned from human skin.

Karl Lotter, a political prisoner working at the Mauthausen clinic, described Heim's murder of an 18-year-old Jewish boy who came to have a swollen foot treated. After asking why he was so fit and being told it was because of playing football and swimming, Heim anaesthetised him. He castrated the boy, dissected a kidney and removed the second, then decapitated him. The head was boiled to remove the flesh so Heim could use the skull as a paperweight.

Mr Lotter said: "Of all the camp doctors in Mauthausen, Dr Heim was the most horrible."

After serving the rest of the war in Finland, Heim returned to Germany towards the end of the conflict and was arrested by the US military and questioned by war crimes investigators. His colleague, Wasicky, was tried and sentenced to death with other Mauthausen personnel in 1946 but Heim, whose conduct was known to his captors, was released in December 1947.

An indictment drawn up by German authorities in 1979 stated that Heim's US military file had been altered to remove any mention of Mauthausen, stating he was on a different SS attachment during the relevant dates. The indictment stated: "It is possible that through data-manipulation the short assignment ... to the concentration camp was concealed." Operation Last Chance described the decision not to prosecute Heim as "quite suspicious".

From 1947 until his flight into hiding in 1962, Heim was able to slip into a respectable existence, starting a family and setting up his gynaecology practice in Bad Nauheim, near Frankfurt, and then Baden-Baden, a little further south in the Black Forest. In 1958, he felt secure enough in his position to buy a 42-flat apartment block in Berlin and list it in his own name.

He had enough friends to ensure he was tipped off when the police moved in to arrest him four years later. It was the start of a long game of cat and mouse during which Heim is alleged to have worked as a doctor for the Egyptian police force and lived for many years on the Costa Brava.

Investigators have released pictures of their target, including a photofit to show him as he might look today and emphasising his V-shaped scar to the right of his mouth, reputedly suffered while duelling with swords.

As Heim followed the well-beaten path of fugitive Nazis to South America, investigators in Europe began to uncover clues that he was alive and well despite the insistence of his daughter that her father died in 1993 from cancer. His pursuers insist that money was sent, from an undiscovered Berlin bank account belonging to Heim and holding €1.2m (£900,000), to Spain and that the subsequent failure of his family to claim the money indicates he is alive.

Waltraud and her two half-brothers refuse to discuss him. German surveillance records showed that the mother of Heim's two sons phoned them to remind them of their father's birthday. Rüdiger Heim, one of the sons, who still lives in Baden-Baden, said: "All I can say is that it has been implied that I am in contact with my father, and that is absolutely false."

The lack of success has begun to reveal cracks in the once united front of his pursuers. German court officials last month rejected criticism from the Wiesenthal Centre which suggested they were delaying the hunt by refusing to grant a phone tap on the family.

As the focus switched to Patagonia yesterday, Mr Zuroff said: "The passage of time in no way diminishes the guilt of the perpetrators. Killers don't become righteous gentiles when they reach a certain age. And if we were to set a chronological limit on prosecutions, it would basically say you could get away with genocide."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/war-crimes-the-hunt-for-doctor-death-863921.html

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
What should be in his childrens' mind, to stay loyal to a man that has done such cruel things to people?

--------------------

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope they catch him and all the rest whole commited these dreadful crimes, just saw schindlers list the other day.
I visited Yad vashim the holocost museum in Israel, was so heartbreaking,

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Yeah I definitely interested too how the story develops; hopefully positive!

And Yorkie, the problem is that most Nazis who committed these horrible crimes are deceased by now and can't anymore held accountable for.... unfortunately. [Frown]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes they are for sure i guess, i always wanted to go to the museum in poland , the most terrible camp. one day i hope.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
You know how too many Muslims think about the Holocaust.... they are in denial.

I wonder why the US troops let him go though? Wasn't there enough evidence at this point?? [Confused]

Villa Baviera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonia_Dignidad

I am muslim and do not know any other muslims who deny the holocaust. Because Iranian president made stupid comments do not label us and say 'so many' unless you have interviewed 'so many' yourself.
Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bastet*Loves*Ptah:
I am muslim and do not know any other muslims who deny the holocaust. Because Iranian president made stupid comments do not label us and say 'so many' unless you have interviewed 'so many' yourself.

http://atheism.about.com/b/2006/09/22/muslim-anti-semitism-holocaust-denial-among-muslims-palestinians-book-notes-losing-battle-with-islam.htm

http://iraqimojo.blogspot.com/2008/01/holocaust-denial-among-arabs-and.html

http://www.aim.org/guest-column/holocaust-denial-and-the-muslims/

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/damian_thompson/blog/2008/06/26/fight_against_arab_holocaust_denial

There are many articles out on the internet and you might should develop an interest in the subject. You say you don't know any Muslim who denies the holocaust. Well maybe the people you know don't speak about it in public.

And yes maybe I will interview Muslims one day about this subject - if I don't have anything better to do.

Lastly I am not 'labeling' anyone, don't pull a victim card here. As I said get interested in this topic and find out more info for yourself.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Denial of historical facts if foolish, so I do not expect any high positioned islamic representative would even suggest the denial.
But, "the man on the street" might think so,but that are the same types that are having ridiculous opinions about numbers of subjects.
Every society has such groups.

I thought about a nationwide denial which is anchrong peoples mind because they never heard anything else. If the lie is repeated well enough, majority believes this is the truth.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
August 25, 2008, 1:47 pm

Son Wants His Nazi Father Declared Dead, But It Won’t Be Easy

Posted by Markus Balser

A photo released by the State Office of Criminal Investigation in Stuttgart, southern Germany, shows suspect Dr. Aribert Heim, pictured in 1959. (AP/LKA Baden-Wuerttemberg)

Is Aribert Heim, the notorious Nazi doctor who is atop the list of the most wanted Nazi war criminals, actually dead? His son Ruediger Heim would like to think so. The son has not been in contact with his dad for more than four decades and wants to declare him dead to get control of his money, according to an interview Ruediger gave to the German weekly Bild am Sonntag.

In 1997, Ruediger Heim’s brother and his sister discovered the existence of a Berlin bank account, containing about $1.78 million, in their father’s name. Ruediger told the German newspaper that if he inherited the money he’d donate for the historical analysis of the suffering at Mauthausen concentration camp. But German authorities froze the account, which is held by a trustee, until the mystery of his father’s disappearance is unraveled. (For those with German language ability, here’s the original interview with Ruediger Heim, and here’s an English-language report from the AP.)

Aribert Heim was a medical doctor at Mauthausen concentration camp near Linz, Austria. He was dubbed “Doctor Death” due to the hideous “experiments” he conducted on prisoners, killing many and torturing more. After the war, he led a seemingly respectful life as a doctor in his Baden-Baden villa in the south of Germany, until details of his crimes emerged in the early 1960s. When German prosecutors filed an arrest warrant in 1962, Aribert Heim was able to flee and disappear.

Ruediger Heim told the newspaper that his father, who would be 94 now, should officially be declared dead as there was no sign that he’s still living. Ruediger is working with a lawyer to see how he can have his father declared dead.

But Frankfurt-based trusts and estates lawyer Rainer Schmidt told the Law Blog that “there would be no chance for Mr. Heim to take control of his father’s money. As long as there is no hint or proof for Mr. Heim’s demise, there is no legal basis for German authorities to declare him dead.” And authorities do not have a cutoff age at which they give up hope of finding one of these criminals. “I do not see any way the kids can inherit the bank account of their father,” Schmidt said.

Stuttgart-based prosecutors have set a team of profilers on Heim’s father, who is assumed to live in Chile. “As long as we don’t know he is dead, we have to assume he’s still alive,” Ulrich Hoeffner spokesperson of the Stuttgart prosecutors told the LB. “We are staying tuned to his case as we are talking about very cruel crimes.” (Here’s a July BBC article on the man-hunt.)

So far, Heim’s children have made no official claim to the bank account and other investments in his name.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/08/25/son-wants-his-nazi-father-declared-dead-but-it-wont-be-easy/?mod=googlenews_wsj

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com