EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » Miss Egypt Slaps Miss Universe!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Miss Egypt Slaps Miss Universe!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Egypt Slaps Miss Universe!

11 July 2008

According to Ines Ligron the Miss Japan National Director, Miss Egypt has displayed less than queenly behaviour during the recent Miss Universe pageant. Ines has written the following in her blog...

"Gossip of the day:
Miss Egypt is a real pain in the neck; she slapped Riyo backstage when by mistake she stepped on her dress. Then she was horrified when she realized she just had slapped Miss Universe! LOL She was saying –“I am sorry I did not know that it was you!!”… Riyo told her: “it is okay, but you should not do that anyway to anyone, this is not really nice”. She was mortified.
Also she shares the room with is Canada and she smokes cigarettes after cigarettes and Miss Canada asked her kindly to pls go outside when she wishes to smoke. She turned around and said: “why? This is MY room?!” Nice girl indeed! Sometimes I wonder why this kind of girl bothers to come here..."

Ms Ligron did not state the kind of slap dealt to the current Miss Universe Riyo Mori by Miss Egypt Yara Naoum, but I gather it was not more than a slap to the shoulder due to frustration and a knee-jerk reaction, otherwise Yara would be sent home. True it was a rude and vulgar action, but given the stress these girls are under and the fact that Miss Egypt is there alone with no one to support her, did she deserve the "Sometimes I wonder why this kind of girl bothers to come here"?; We all know the catty behaviour that occurs backstage during these competitions, do you believe Miss Egypt was unfairly singled out?...

Bear in mind that the current MU hails from Japan, so her godly behaviour could have been exaggerated. I cannot make up my mind on this one, I kind of feel sorry for Miss Egypt yet at the same time wonder if she should have behaved in a more ladylike manner, especially in regards to the smoking.

Miss Egypt 2008 Yara Naoum:

-
http://www.voy.com/208925/

-

-

Next monday a new Miss Universe will be crowned.... good luck to all contestants!! [Smile]

New Crown
For Miss Universe 2008 a new crown was unveiled. Valued at $120 thousand dollars, it is made of 18K white and yellow gold. It is comprised of over 1,000 precious stones; including 555 white diamonds (30 carats), 375 cognac diamonds (14 carats), 10 smoky quartz crystals (20 carats) and 19 morganite gemstones (60 carats). The colors of the jewels chosen for the crown have great significance: The yellow luster of the gold represents the prosperous thriving economy in Vietnam. White, light pink and cognac are the main hues in the crown which represent inspiration and feeling. Each piece was designed to represent an important attribute of the pageant. The curves of inlaid precious stones represent the strong development and potential of each country. The image of the crane (Lac Bird) symbolizes Vietnamese spirit and culture. The image of the heart represents unified breath, rhythm and vision, which are powerful internal forces that stress faith, hope and unity. The crown will only be awarded as part of the contest this year, with the original Mikimoto design being awarded again next year.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Universe_2008

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4618183a5620.html

Miss Venezuela, Dayana Mendoza Crowned MISS UNIVERSE (R) 2008 During Live NBC Telecast on July 13th

Last update: 11:59 p.m. EDT July 13, 2008

NEW YORK, July 13, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- This evening, during one of the year's most exciting live international television events, a star-studded panel of judges chose Miss Venezuela, Dayana Mendoza, as MISS UNIVERSE(R) 2008 live from the Crown Convention Center in Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam.
Ms. Mendoza is 22 years-old and her career ambition is to become an Interior Designer. She also enjoys photography and is interested in advertising.....

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/miss-venezuela-dayana-mendoza-crowned/story.aspx?guid=%7B85935C04-D58A-483A-A64C-A927A566CFCB%7D&dist=hppr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXkHQjzGVu4

CONGRATULATIONS!! [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangang
Member # 15126

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Venezuela reminds me a tranny.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God if she won it I wonder what the others looked like [Eek!]
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why such negative comments?

Look yourself in the mirror and then reply!! [Razz] [Big Grin]

"Tranny-looking"???? [Confused]

-

I am sure that most guys would love to get lost with her in the Amazonas! [Wink]

I personally find her stunning and I am happy that another Latinamerican woman has won!!

Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are all attractive. These contests are more for advertisements than saying one nationality is more attractive than another.
I love that Miss. Egypt pull a b**ch slap.

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangang
Member # 15126

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

-

I am sure that most guys would love to get lost with her in the Amazonas! [Wink]

I personally find her stunning and I am happy that another Latinamerican woman has won!!

Just used to my women a little less toothy. [Big Grin]
Posts: 141 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

-

i agree she is stunning
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Venezuela is absolutely stunning for what i saw last night on tv transmission.
From the start the looked as the winner.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would expect an egyptian girl to act like that. wherever there are egyptians there are many fights...i.e ES.
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us not generalize and say that all Egy girls act like that, but it was a negative behaviour. what if she have behaved in a more ladylike manner?? at east will give a good impression about herself and her country

quote:
Originally posted by Momma Dukes:
i would expect an egyptian girl to act like that. wherever there are egyptians there are many fights...i.e ES.

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com