EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » Egypt heads intl fight to end FGM (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Egypt heads intl fight to end FGM
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After Egypt earlier this year legislated a ban against female genital mutilation (FGM), authorities are now spearheading works to fight FGM at an international level as well. First Lady Suzanne Mubarak next weekend will open a Cairo conference on the issue.

The Egyptian National Council for Childhood and Motherhood (NCCM) and the non-profit organisation No Peace Without Justice (NPWJ) are re-launching the international campaign against female genital mutilation (FGM) by convening a High-Level Regional Conference "For the elimination of female genital mutilation - the Cairo Declaration + 5", to be held in Cairo next weekend.

The conference will be opened by Egyptian First Lady Suzanne Mubarak. Ms Mubarak already has stood out in the national fight against the harmful practice and she heads the technical committee of NCCM. She repeatedly has brought up FGM in national media to raise awareness.

The conference was said to "bring together key international figures, First Ladies from the region, ministers, parliamentarians, representatives of UN agencies and civil society activists from 18 African countries affected by the practice who have played a key role in the battle for the eradication of FGM in recent years."

The purpose of the meeting was said to be to facilitate greater and more cohesive political mobilisation to consolidate the commitments and most successful initiatives undertaken at the national and regional levels and transform them into a stable, coherent political strategy, shared by African and international partners, with the ultimate goal of the complete eradication of the practice of FGM in the near future.

There has been encouraging progress towards this goal in recent years, with the adoption of specific legislation by many countries in which FGM is carried out and wide-ranging information and public awareness campaigns to put an end to the practice. In Egypt, for example, the awareness campaign conducted by the NCCM bore fruit on 10 June 2008, when the Cairo parliament adopted a law that punishes FGM as a criminal act.

In addition, with the Protocol on the Rights of Women, adopted in Maputo by Member States of the African Union in 2003 and which entered into force on 25 November 2005, African states have adopted a binding instrument that covers a broad range of women's rights, and explicitly condemns FGM as a violation of fundamental human rights and urges African governments to adopt specific legislative measures that prohibit the practice.

Five years after the "Cairo Declaration for the Elimination of Female Genital Mutilation," adopted during the International Conference on "Legal Tools for the Prevention of FGM", also organised by NPWJ and NCCM in Cairo on 21-23 June 2003, this high-level meeting "will provide an opportunity to share knowledge and experience accumulated at regional and national levels, in order to identify and consolidate the best strategies and legislative policies against FGM, increase the number of countries that ratify and implement to the Maputo Protocol and create the foundations of a real and strong international alliance to defeat FGM once and for all," according to the organisers.

The Cairo conference is organised with the support of the Italian development cooperation agency, the World Bank and the involvement of UN agencies involved in the fight against FGM.

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol @ Suzan Mubarak.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shisha-Master:
Lol @ Suzan Mubarak.

why you laugh you prefer girls snipped or is it their nipples you prefer pierced .
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Low blows mate, low blows will get you nowhere.

I'm lolling because she's a bullshitter and everybody in Egypt knows that, but you're a slow one aren't ya ? [Big Grin]

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:

I'm lolling because she's a bullshitter and everybody in Egypt knows that, but you're a slow one aren't ya ? [Big Grin]

Oh believe me i am not slow that i can assure you in time .I am just gearing up for my grand fanaly
and if you dont understand the english language by now only what you see here or learn in your little quaint country
Its boyashakah i dont care [Big Grin]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ilovezulekha:
quote:

Oh believe me i am not slow that i can assure you in time .I am just gearing up for my grand fanaly
and if you dont understand the english language by now only what you see here or learn in your little quaint country

Lol, if one of us has bad English, I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Seriously, your posts need a major make-over.

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol, if one of us has bad English, I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Noight noight and sweaty dweams [Big Grin]
[Eek!] oh sorry i meant night night and sweet dreams [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LOL! ilovezulekha critisizing Vader's English. That would be like MD calling... hmmm... well anybody else a slut.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
quote:
LOL! ilovezulekha critisizing Vader's English. That would be like MD calling... hmmm... well anybody else a slut.
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr says the orfi wife [Big Grin]
In many muslim eyes the orfi is renound for being a shagging tool as your aware
oh i cannot wait now THE CAT IS GONNA SCRATCH [Big Grin]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Says the woman that was checking out her gardeners butt. [Big Grin]
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:

thats cause it belongs to me Ma hubbys Batty [Big Grin]
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, they are also used when two people cannot afford to get married, you know, when still students, etc. Maybe I could have been like so many here- meet him a couple of times in public, then pop down and get a moj marriage, and a few months later complain how I don't really know my husband. OR I could be meeting him as much as possible, seeing if we are compatible as a married couple, and then plan a proper wedding, not some quickie. And then, a few months down the line, I wont be here saying "oh I can't live with him", etc, because I would know that I can.
Anyway, I only understand half of what you say (remember, grammar is your friend), and the half I do understand seems judgemental (how unreligious of you) and bitter. Why is that?

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Your husband is a gardener ? [Big Grin]
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Yes, they are also used when two people cannot afford to get married, you know, when still students, etc. Maybe I could have been like so many here- meet him a couple of times in public, then pop down and get a moj marriage, and a few months later complain how I don't really know my husband. OR I could be meeting him as much as possible, seeing if we are compatible as a married couple, and then plan a proper wedding, not some quickie. And then, a few months down the line, I wont be here saying "oh I can't live with him", etc, because I would know that I can.
Anyway, I only understand half of what you say (remember, grammar is your friend), and the half I do understand seems judgemental (how unreligious of you) and bitter. Why is that?

Hahaha dont get me started ok and dont start being a vaders pals by attacking me with my grammer your a humanist ok and not religious so what damn right have you to say i am bitter your not in my realm lady bugg off .
MET THE PARENTS YET APPROVE OF YOU DO THEY what your broke cannot afford to get married but then you have a burgundy book stamped look at me i am british and i am easy peasy .Muslims mock the religion for their own purposes would you get way with this in Saudi NOPE YOU BE FLOGGED this is a forum i state my opinion just as you do ok and thats that you dont like cover your face and forget that i wright here choose to ignore me OK like i want to you PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR [Big Grin]

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your husband is a gardener ? [Big Grin]
Yep maybe one day you might take a leaf and grow up instead of tity hunting [Big Grin]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think a 'Pimp My Post' thread is long overdue.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hahaha dont get me started ok and dont start being a vaders pals by attacking me with my grammer your a humanist ok and not religious so what damn right have you to say i am bitter your not in my realm lady bugg off .
MET THE PARENTS YET APPROVE OF YOU DO THEY what your broke cannot afford to get married but then you have a burgundy book stamped look at me i am british and i am easy peasy .Muslims mock the religion for their own purposes would you get way with this in Saudi NOPE YOU BE FLOGGED this is a forum i state my opinion just as you do ok and thats that you dont like cover your face and forget that i wright here choose to ignore me OK like i want to you PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR [Big Grin]

-
Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not sure the use of the word 'spearheading' in the first sentence is appropriate lmao...

Why bother getting an Urfi when you can shag without one in Egypt... some people are SO naive! And I am not talking about the Westerners who get jiggy wiv it lol... I am talking about the locals [Big Grin]

Pimp my post lol...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by finished:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-
Nope i think the person who is spearheading me for no apparent reason is a OFF TOPIC looooser leave it be now ok
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
I am not sure the use of the word 'spearheading' in the first sentence is appropriate lmao...

Why bother getting an Urfi when you can shag without one in Egypt... some people are SO naive! And I am not talking about the Westerners who get jiggy wiv it lol... I am talking about the locals [Big Grin]

Pimp my post lol...

gosh you all shall learn one day that your presence in a muslim country is dwindeling after all islam is getting such a bad name your all CORRUPTING . [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We shall all learn one day ... have you just put a curse on us???

My thought for the day.... it is impossible to corrupt the already corrupted [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused] erm... what am i corrupting? whom am i corrupting? when did i do this corrupting?
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
You corrupted me
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
splutter... splutter... cough ... cough...

why am i lila lila lila i wish AMR would fix my name [Frown]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila lila:
splutter... splutter... cough ... cough...

why am i lila lila lila i wish AMR would fix my name [Frown]

Why would you want to change lila lila lila its famous name not to worry it dont come near to
La Ilaha Illah Lah [Big Grin] not to worry i cannot see shahada there [Wink]
Nope your not reverted [Big Grin]

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
We shall all learn one day ... have you just put a curse on us???

My thought for the day.... it is impossible to corrupt the already corrupted [Wink]

But are you not a ferret [Big Grin]
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Reverted? do you mean converted? wth is a shahada? and most of all La Ilaha ? dude speak english pls
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am a ferret, what does that have to do with the price of fish?

Have I missed something?

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila lila:
Reverted? do you mean converted? wth is a shahada? and most of all La Ilaha ? dude speak english pls

and your going out with a muslim LOL LOL omf and no its not converted its revert in islam jee wizz so after all your are only in it for the ride [Big Grin]

AND FERRET YOUR AN ANIMAL HOW CAN I CORRUPT YOU . [Wink] bless you dear
Anyway i am off with my husband for a midnight snog Nah nite all and meeeeeeeeeeeery christmas and safe journeys to where ever you are and be happy happy happy after all life is short and sometimes life can spring not so nice surprises
so ho ho ho happy christmas .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and live life [Wink] safe
GOD BLESS ALL

Member # 14517

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MyGirlRocks:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kalila lila:
[qb] Reverted? do you mean converted? wth is a shahada? and most of all La Ilaha ? dude speak english pls

and your going out with a muslim LOL LOL omf and no its not converted its revert in islam jee wizz so after all your are only in it for the ride

Roflmao feck when did that happen? [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am also a Lady [Big Grin]

To revert is to go back to (return) to an original idea

To convert is to adapt to a new idea...

Is Kalila going out with a Muslim... OMG. When did this happen. I thought Kalila was married to a Chinese man from Harrow [Wink]

Member # 14517

Rate Member
LF you promised me you wouldn't tell [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
HARROW....

Sorry, but I assumed that seeing as you were outed as being married to a muslim it was time I declared the truth.

Member # 14517

Rate Member
ok i forgive you but don't tell my hubby's [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
shux thanks. I promise to not tell Chan, Paddy and Luigi [Wink]

Right, I am off to corrupt some locals [Wink]

Member # 14517

Rate Member
nighties LF
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
What the hell is wrong with that woman????
Boy, she needs to get the hell off her high horse, and start making sense.
I’m NOT a humanist, never have been. I respect their views… do you know what that means, respecting other peoples views and beliefs? You know, tolerance, something you clearly lacking (once again, how very unreligious of you, yeah, I’m sure God would be so proud of your attitude, ha, right).
If you like Saudi, go live in Saudi- but most people DON’T want Egypt like that, and Egypt will never be like that. You cannot corrupt people unwilling to be corrupting, if Egyptians didn’t want orfi’s, alcohol, etc, then there is nothing westerners can do to make them. It is their job to keep their culture, not ours.
Me and Sam cannot afford to get married yet, simple and very common for a guy 25 years old there. I’m a student so cannot help with expenses, nor would he allow me to anyway. Also, because of my studies, I can’t live there yet, so silly getting married if we wont be together for over 6 more months.
Clearly you are not a very good Muslim, so I’ve no idea how you think you have the right to judge how others practise their religions.

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
What the hell is wrong with that woman????
Boy, she needs to get the hell off her high horse, and start making sense.
I’m NOT a humanist, never have been. I respect their views… do you know what that means, respecting other peoples views and beliefs? You know, tolerance, something you clearly lacking (once again, how very unreligious of you, yeah, I’m sure God would be so proud of your attitude, ha, right).
If you like Saudi, go live in Saudi- but most people DON’T want Egypt like that, and Egypt will never be like that. You cannot corrupt people unwilling to be corrupting, if Egyptians didn’t want orfi’s, alcohol, etc, then there is nothing westerners can do to make them. It is their job to keep their culture, not ours.
Me and Sam cannot afford to get married yet, simple and very common for a guy 25 years old there. I’m a student so cannot help with expenses, nor would he allow me to anyway. Also, because of my studies, I can’t live there yet, so silly getting married if we wont be together for over 6 more months.
Clearly you are not a very good Muslim, so I’ve no idea how you think you have the right to judge how others practise their religions.

GIVE IT A REST NOW WILL YAH FORGODSAKE YOUR BORING ME NOW this is about cutting a womens clitoris can we get back to the subject are u in favour of the cut or not OK
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
[quite] GIVE IT A REST NOW WILL YAH FORGODSAKE YOUR BORING ME NOW this is about cutting a womens clitoris can we get back to the subject are u in favour of the cut or not OK [/quote]
Oh but topic hijacking with bitchy comments is such a hobby of yours, I thought I would try it to see if it is as fun as you make out. You started this, if I'm boring you, stop talking to me. Personally, nothing would make me happier, because preachy people like you, who believe they are oh so superior, are actually extremely low.
Topic hijack- check [Wink]

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
[quite] GIVE IT A REST NOW WILL YAH FORGODSAKE YOUR BORING ME NOW this is about cutting a womens clitoris can we get back to the subject are u in favour of the cut or not OK

Oh but topic hijacking with bitchy comments is such a hobby of yours, I thought I would try it to see if it is as fun as you make out. You started this, if I'm boring you, stop talking to me. Personally, nothing would make me happier, because preachy people like you, who believe they are oh so superior, are actually extremely low.
Topic hijack- check [Wink]
[/QUOTE]
me superior nope i am not the one walking around as a pussy .
dont answer me then [Big Grin]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Now why wouldn't I answer you? I'm not the one getting bored. You decided to attack me out of the blue, and talking about things I discussed ages ago (what are you, some weird stalker??). You have also shown your complete intolerance to people with different beliefs (I'm not even a humanist, so god alone knows what your problem is with them). Oh, and now you have gone to name calling, oh joy. Have you always been a nutjob?
And I know you are not superior, for some reason you just think you are. Sad really, acting like this when you are supposed to be a mother.
Ahh hypocrites, gotta love 'em.

--------------------
Another one....

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so can someone catch me up here, "hugging her baby girl" has over 4500 posts and has had two different names in the last two days?

What are the past ID's so I can keep the nutters straight?

Oh, and if you scroll up you will see this topic was never on topic, so it can't be declared a hijacking.

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am still waiting for the grand fanaly. [Big Grin]

Looks like someone may be planning a ig bang but unlsess all the stories are straight first it could just be as pointless as the dramatic run up...

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Now why wouldn't I answer you? I'm not the one getting bored. You decided to attack me out of the blue, and talking about things I discussed ages ago (what are you, some weird stalker??). You have also shown your complete intolerance to people with different beliefs (I'm not even a humanist, so god alone knows what your problem is with them). Oh, and now you have gone to name calling, oh joy. Have you always been a nutjob?
And I know you are not superior, for some reason you just think you are. Sad really, acting like this when you are supposed to be a mother.
Ahh hypocrites, gotta love 'em.

Gosh it seems every one has this Lumos bugg conspiracy gets yah no where
I CHANGED MY NAME because it was my girls name i did not want here in the end NOT A CRIME just a passion of love for her thankyou .

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
What?? Where did I mention your name changing? I don't care what user name you are, were or will be.
Now you are just putting words in my mouth. MS is the one who asked who you used to be, no need to throw a hissy fit, she asked a simple question.

--------------------
Another one....

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL [Big Grin] ES at its finest.

Don't quite get what all the humanist slander is about. Whats wrong with being a humanist anyway? I'm a quasi humanist. [Wink]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am a humanist!!! What of it?
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by weirdkitty:
[qb] What?? Where did I mention your name changing? I don't care what user name you are, were or will be.
Now you are just putting words in my mouth. MS is the one who asked who you used to be, no need to throw a hissy fit, she asked a simple question.
ok

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, still not claiming any of your previous identities. Ah, ES was almost fun for a minute. Oh well.
Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com