EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » Egypt: Man charged with starving and torturing daugther to death

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt: Man charged with starving and torturing daugther to death
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Giza prosecutors yesterday filed charges against a doorman suspected of starving and torturing his 25-year-old daughter to death.The prosecution charged the suspect, identified as Saleh Hassan, with abuse and deliberately denying food and medicine to the victim for a year with the sole purpose of murdering her, the indictment said.

The prosecutors opened a criminal investigation into the case and accused Saleh, a janitor from the Upper Egyptian Governorate of Minya, with sexually abusing and beating his daughter, Eman, whom he had chained and kept prisoner in a dark room for 12 months, to death.Saleh claimed that he had locked up Eman for allegedly having many affairs with the neighbourhood, where they lived. The assault was allegedly triggered by Saleh's discovery that his daughter spoke an affair with an unknown man.A police doctor, who examined the victim, said that Eman's head and face were bloodied, her body covered by bruises and that she suffered internal bleeding.Three of the woman's step-brothers were also detained on suspicion that they acted as accomplices, said the sources.Saleh said that his daughter's misconduct had hurt the name of the whole family whose traditions dictate that "tarnishing honour" could only be removed by shedding her blood.He confessed to having chained the victim, starving her and using an iron bar to beat her, while also kicking and punching her for a year until she died, the sources said.The prosecutors ordered that Saleh be remanded in custody pending further investigations.The father, who confessed to having disposed of the body in his home village in Minya, would face a life sentence if found guilty of murder.The police said that Eman, the daughter, had been denied sufficient food while being locked up in a basement room, where she had lost two-third her weight."Saleh gave her only meagre amounts of food and water, and her condition worsened during the last seven weeks after which she died of dehydration and a massive heart attack," a police doctor, who asked not to be identified, said.

http://www.egyptiangazette.net.eg/gazette/home/detail_2_25.shtml

Will I hear an outcry of Egyptian forum members???

Guess not.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Tiger, I guess that every countries has its own shamefull incidents. Right here we are talking about a doorman, so not a very educated man, a culture, a religion perhaps, and a daughter who seemed to behaved in an unacceptable way. (Unacceptable for the family)
I guess they didn't know another way to make her behave in another way... we can't judge about that!

It's tragic, but these thing happen, in many countries !

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pamela in Blue
Member # 16741

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pamela in Blue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CRY !!
Posts: 62 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$sonomod$
Member # 16818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $sonomod$     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Will I hear an outcry of Egyptian forum members???

Guess not.

Try opening up one of hundreds of monthly, daily and weekly newspapers and periodicals written in al-Arabi. Go to the editorial page and there you will find your outcry.
Posts: 514 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:

It's tragic, but these thing happen, in many countries !

I am not disputing this but will it make major national news in Egypt? Of course not. Now if the man would have been a foreigner the issue would be completely different.

IMHO Egyptians like to point fingers at other nations in situations like that (remember the Egyptian woman who got stabbed to death in a courtroom??) but too many look away and therefore support abuse and even killings against women in their own country. I mean in Egypt it's justified for men to spank their wives in order to get them under control. Wives are afraid to leave their abusive husbands. Society puts so much pressure on these poor women and hardly any Egyptian will admit that - at least not to foreigners.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, poor family don't like to feed another hungry mouth, and gossiping neighbours.
But I don't think the national media deliberatly ignores cases of domestic violence like this.
You can read newsfacts as this in the international media all the time, and then it's used as anti-muslim propaganda. At least, it looks like that!
The killed woman in Germany was no domestic violence. It seemed that the man was bothering her for longer times, he was a muslim-hater.
How does a man becomes extremistic like this?
I think the anti-muslim propaganda takes a big part in this, and I wonder what they will publish when blood is going to flow...
Of course this is an incident that shouldn't have happened, but it does happen!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bottom line TL, this is a God given birthright to all Muslim men “Honor”. It’s been going on since around 520AD. The Egyptian people don’t care, the media don’t care and the rest of the Muslim world doesn’t care. Why should the Western Nations care? Muslim women are property, they are incapable of conducting themselves properly and need to be disciplined. Remember Islam is a faith of choice.This was her choice.
Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
princesslotus
Member # 16515

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for princesslotus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you really think she had the choice not to be muslim?
Posts: 6 | From: france | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. It’s a freedom of choice. Ask any Muslim man and they will tell you the same. But remember Muslim women are incapable of making decisions on there own, they lack the wisdom.
Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
princesslotus
Member # 16515

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for princesslotus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
better to be blind than to read such ignominy " ( french proverb !).
oh yes my god, i remember that, the most of time, a raped girl is responible of her rape because she lacks of wisdom to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and she deserved it because it was her "choice" to live in egypt , a country where the women are **** ! he you are rigth then tell me why this saleh hassan is accused by the prosecutors of investigation and faces a death sentence?????
you don't know what you are saying and you are besmiching the name of islam! shame on you !

Posts: 6 | From: france | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cairoexpat:
Muslim women are incapable of making decisions on there own, they lack the wisdom.

Completely disagree to this,

Sooooooooooooooo wrong

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ** Ahmad**:
quote:
Muslim women are incapable of making decisions on there own, they lack the wisdom.

Completely disagree to this,

Sooooooooooooooo wrong

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Frown] [Frown]

I think we cannot generalise and talking about one big group 'muslim women'. There is a whole lot of difference between the daughter of a doorman somewhere in a South-Egyptian village, and the daughter of an educated man who thinks it's important that she developes and make it possible that she goes to university. Two extremes and in between these two there is a large field. ( I'll meet you there, as Jalal-Ad-Din-Rumi has said)

But, both indeed are having choices. But how to make a good choice is dependant on capabilities...

shaxly
Member # 14523

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaxly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes. It’s a freedom of choice. Ask any Muslim man and they will tell you the same. But remember Muslim women are incapable of making decisions on there own, they lack the wisdom.

I'm a Muslim man and i can assure that not all of us still live in the dark ages that you still live in!! Please stop making these false statements that only apply to your female crowd and roll back into your cave [Wink]
Posts: 99 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shaxly:
quote:

I'm a Muslim man and i can assure that not all of us still live in the dark ages that you still live in!! Please stop making these false statements that only apply to your female crowd and roll back into your cave [Wink]
Ever heard of Sarcasm & irony? [Razz]
Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com