EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » Number of arrests growing in California gang rape

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Number of arrests growing in California gang rape
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HMOND, Calif. (AP) — The number of people arrested in the gang rape of a 15-year-old girl outside a high school dance in Northern California has increased to six -- and could go higher.

Eighteen-year-old Jose Carlos Montano was arrested last night outside his San Pablo home. Richmond police say he's being held on $1.3 million bail on suspicion of rape, rape in concert with force and other charges.

Authorities are still looking for suspects, and have said as many as 10 people ranging from 15 to the mid-20s may have attacked the girl for more than two hours Saturday in a dimly lit area.

Montano's arrest came after other teen suspects appeared in court for the first time yesterday. The defendants are 19-year-old Manuel Ortega, 15-year-old Cody Ray Smith, 16-year-old Ari Morales and 17-year-old Marcelles Peter, all of whom face adult charges.

The girl was released from a hospital Wednesday

source

http://www.wptv.com/news/national/story/Number-of-arrests-growing-in-California-gang-rape/MdqYrAi0K0mMQ6uZ12vUNw.cspx

So Anyone who talks again about gang rape in the ME or Islamic world ,I will throw the shoes at him ,I read in another article (CNN and Nilenews )that they were laughing ,it is not local ,it is global problem

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're making me a bit tired, Rahala. I never have heard anybody saying here that gangrapes are exclusively for the Middle East, absolutely nobody.
So, I think it's time for you to take a afternoon-rest. Off you go, it has been enough, and you likely don't know how to behave anyway.
Come back when you are able to behave yourself.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum is going nuts (more than it already is)...people attacking each other over and over again and no one bothers to stop it but just open new threads every day with new insults. What a fine way to solve those problems you are posting!
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^this is the point ,we have to stop attacking each other and stop Making generalizations
Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. In Holland we know a suitable expression for this: Better the world and start with yourself.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rahala:
^this is the point ,we have to stop attacking each other and stop Making generalizations

What generalizations, though? Rape is a huge issue in the Islamic world and the West. In the former, it is explicitly backed by legal mechanisms.

Take a look at the double standards in sentencing between men and women in Iran. The same goes for the numerous cases where Muslim women are executed for getting raped.

I am not saying the West is better either. While it is technically wrong, rape is ignored by law enforcement at the local level. People seem to have varying perceptions regarding rape.

To many, rape may be acceptable in certain extreme cases. Much of this behavior is aided by religion, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, which has weren't necessarily for women rights.

It is for that reason, interpretations limiting and oppressing women have been developed. Just go to Saudi Arabia and argue. I got my value system, but if people want to maintain the current religious-based value systems, I say, go ahead. This has nothing to do with me directly and understand this issue at the "local" level.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AkodWANA5
Member # 16235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AkodWANA5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rape charges needs 4 eye-witnesses under Islam.
This assures there are no false accusations.
Without 4 witnesses, no rape has occurred.

Posts: 90 | From: Paramaribo | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oberkommandant Heinrich:
Rape charges needs 4 eye-witnesses under Islam.
This assures there are no false accusations.
Without 4 witnesses, no rape has occurred.

If we're talking about the West where social networks are poor, sure. However in Egypt most people are close within a local area. If a female stranger appears, she'll be targeted.

She will be blamed for whoring around. This isn't an unusual story and rarely would four witness rat on their own. I could hardly see it working in current settings.

Keep in mind that rape is so heavily under reported. It's said to most commonly involve a rapist known to the victim. Regardless, the legal system, within the Islamic world and the West, is definitely messed up.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com