EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » Egypt's Anti-Muslim Nightclubs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt's Anti-Muslim Nightclubs
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://thefastertimes.com/egypt/2009/12/06/egypts-anti-muslim-nightclubs/
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not anti-muslim, it's anti-muslim-females!!! When we take a look at the average nightclub, all what's happening inside is against the religious rules. So, someone who is taking the religion seriously, wouldn't even like what's happening inside, because, in their opinion it's haram. Women wearing a headscarf are supposed to wear this because of their religious beliefs. So, they don't fit into such a haram community.
The men? They don't look religious so their visit to a nightclub is supposed a proof of their non-religious beliefs.
The men who are married to such a veiled woman and still visit a nighclub??? They are hypocrites... the country is full of them...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think the writer of that article has analyzed the situation pretty well.
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake1081
Member # 17204

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jake1081   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how is it that money is so low there.
Posts: 9 | From: Arizona | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the writer, secular muslims (like me) need a fooking break from the veil that hits you in the face wherever you bloody go. We need to breathe sometimes!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
The men who are married to such a veiled woman and still visit a nighclub??? They are hypocrites... the country is full of them...

Yeah I agree.... these guys are the worst!!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I think this kind of attitude just excists because of the accent that has been layed on muslims by muslims themselves. I mean, nobody would ever place questionmarks by the religion of a person because of the way they spend their free time. Religion isn't an issue in habits as smoking, dancing, drinking etc. They are not judged because of something thats going into their religion, but they are judged when their attitude is considered as not socially accepted. By everyone, except for the muslims. The behaviour of muslims is judged out of a religious perspective, and people do this because muslims judge each other out of religious principles.
Being a good muslims seems to be the most important point in life. A muslim in a western enviroment has more possibilities to lay that islamic principles aside without being judged by their neighbours, by social controll. It's the same as the behaviour of muslims in f.e. the touristic area's; many times, as soon as the social controll is gone, their behaviour changes.
So, a muslim woman with a veil can visit a location where alcohol is served in many enviroments, except in their own enviroment. Because of the social controll. (That doesn't seem to work in the same way for men)

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't go to many "nightclubs" but when my husband and I went to Cairo Jazz Club there were many veiled women in there. Mostly we go to Villa 55 in Maadi. The bar downstairs has great food and live music. I usually see a handfull of veiled women there as well every now and then. But there were many more in Cairo Jazz Club.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really consider the Cairo Jazz Club as a night club though, it's more about the music and jazz. I don't know, I've always categorised it as something different [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here.
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's a crowded place with distractingly loud music full of smoke and people getting drunk, falling all over each other and the tables, dancing real close, shouting at the top of their lungs to have a conversation with the person 3 inches away from them... Not really sure how that differs from a nightclub. [Confused]
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I consider the Jazz Club a Club... and I go at night, hence a nightclub. No different from any other club I have ever been in.. there isn't always live music so when there is a DJ and folk anre dancing, singing and smoking I fail to see the difference.

I have been to clubs here but the music in them seriously sucks... like clubbing back in 1995!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Nothing beats Cairo back in 1995! I had a more than fab time there!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com