EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Females are naturally lighter than males

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Females are naturally lighter than males
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mean to prompt a racial discussion but I must point out that females of all races produce about 3% less melanin on average. Thus females of all races are natually lighter than their male counterparts.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
I don't mean to prompt a racial discussion but I must point out that females of all races produce about 3% less melanin on average. Thus females of all races are natually lighter than their male counterparts.

Truth.

For whatever reason, there is a tendancy among many groups of humans (not all mind you) to associate dark with masculinity and light with femininty.

Thus lighter skin and hair color in females and darker skin and hair in males have been somewhat selected for among many different peoples (Chinese, Senegelese, Icelanders, etc..)

There is actually a theory in going about in Europe, that natural blondes are dieing out due to the use of peroxide by women who fake a non-genetic based blondeness, thereby ending the process of recessive gene in-breeding that may be crucial for sustaining of a majority blonde population.

This is relevant when attempting to associate "skin color" preferences among spouses with 'caste systems', as discussed in another thread. It's not that simple.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunstorm2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thus lighter skin and hair color in females and darker skin and hair in males have been somewhat selected for...

To extend that a bit, I've read that blonde hair & blue eyes (& green & grey) evolved to appeal to aesthetic values as much as to cope with vitamin D deficiency.

The "pretty colors" are theorized to have helped in the mating game...

I'm not a big believer in evolutionary theory though. Oftentimes it involves circular thinking, presuming that everything enduring has to be tied to some evolutionary advantage, then coming up with with the "advantage" that backs the theory...

Posts: 237 | From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The reason for this is that melanocyte stimulating hormone(MSH),Adreocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), Beta-lipotropin and Beta-endorphin comes from a common precursor molecule Proopiomelanocortin. Men naturally have more of the Proopiomelanocortin thus we have higher amounts of MSH which stimulated the melanocytes to produce more melanin making men darker. More ACTH causes us to have more corticosteroids and more androgens ( men and women have the same hormones, but its just which sex has the highest concentrations of a particular hormone whether we call it male or female hormones). Beta-lipotropin causes men (on average) to have higher cholesterol and and free lipids in the the blood stream, making us more prone to heart disease than women. And Beta-endorphin are precursors to endorphins which gives us euphoric type pleasure when released. I guess we men get better pleasure out of life because we were born that way. Maybe that's what helps drive our sex drive. Sorry ladies that you don't get as high as we men! New research suggest that the precurosr molecule Proopiomelanocortin is also linked to a man's abilty to have and augment erections. Just though I would but a little more scientific spin on the reason for men being darker than women and why darker is linked to increased sexuality and sexual performance in humans. Its just how our speices developed.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunstorm2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to bring a few of these threads back to the topic of AE -- do you think that color actually aids people in conquest?

I remember seeing a TV documentary about Papua people at "first contact." Of course the sexing started shortly thereafter. One of the women mentioned that she had a child by one of the white men "and that was a good thing."

Sure, this seems like a cynical question, but is it harder to resist conquest when the invaders (male and female) are seen as more desirable among huge swaths of the native populace because of their appearance?

Of course I'm presuming that among all "pedestrian" people, lighter is better, let alone "eyes the color of the sky" and "hair the color of the sun".

Not that *I* think like that or that any of you think like that (nor am I making a judgement on that aesthetic), but I'm saying -- most people of all colors are pretty pedestrian, are dazzled by "shiny things", and almost reflexively see lighter as better. Or maybe I'm too cynical? Or misinformed? lol!!

Personally, my preferences run toward darker-skinned women. I've never been sold on the "beautiful blonde", though again, I don't knock people who are...

Just wondering if you all think that appearance can offer an advantage with regard to conquest... And could this have had some effect on AE?...

I've also read that the french at some point deployed North African troops in Europe in part because their dark skin inspired terror... So maybe it works both ways?

Weird question? Inquiring minds want to know!

Posts: 237 | From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the risk of being redundant read: http://www.africawithin.com/cjwilliams/cjwilliams_books.htm

....one of the few intellectuals to ever attempt to ask and answer the questions you are raising.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supercar
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by sunstorm2004:
Just to bring a few of these threads back to the topic of AE -- do you think that color actually aids people in conquest?

I remember seeing a TV documentary about Papua people at "first contact." Of course the sexing started shortly thereafter. One of the women mentioned that she had a child by one of the white men "and that was a good thing."

Sure, this seems like a cynical question, but is it harder to resist conquest when the invaders (male and female) are seen as more desirable among huge swaths of the native populace because of their appearance?

Of course I'm presuming that among all "pedestrian" people, lighter is better, let alone "eyes the color of the sky" and "hair the color of the sun".

Not that *I* think like that or that any of you think like that (nor am I making a judgement on that aesthetic), but I'm saying -- most people of all colors are pretty pedestrian, are dazzled by "shiny things", and almost reflexively see lighter as better. Or maybe I'm too cynical? Or misinformed? lol!!

Personally, my preferences run toward darker-skinned women. I've never been sold on the "beautiful blonde", though again, I don't knock people who are...

Just wondering if you all think that appearance can offer an advantage with regard to conquest... And could this have had some effect on AE?...

I've also read that the french at some point deployed North African troops in Europe in part because their dark skin inspired terror... So maybe it works both ways?

Personally, I don't think color aids people in conquest. I think only those people of color who see "lighter" as being better, are the one's who were successfully brain-washed!

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Here's an interesting BBC article that touches on the "potency" of blonde hair & blue eyes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2582833.stm

---

I'm not sure "blonde-appeal" has to do with being brainwashed either, since studies show even little kids ("pre-brainwashed") will choose the blondey-blue doll over the black one...

In lots of asia you're practically a king if you have blonde hair & blue eyes -- no conquest, no brainwashing necessary. Indeed, in Japan, the media has arguably taken up the European standard of beauty of it's own accord -- no coersion, no persuasian necessary!

I just think "more colorful" = "more pretty" to a lot of people, and the more simple you are, the less likely you are to develop any more subtle aesthetic.

...And since most people (of all kinds) are pretty simple creatures, this could aid others in conquest. Again maybe I'm a cynic, but...

BTW, Rasol, thanks for the link. Nice to know I'm among the few who think about such weird things.

Have you read Chancellor William's books? If so, what did he have to say with regard to this?

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Here's an interesting BBC article that touches on the "potency" of blonde hair & blue eyes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2582833.stm

---

I'm not sure "blonde-appeal" has to do with being brainwashed either, since studies show even little kids ("pre-brainwashed") will choose the blondey-blue doll over the black one...

In lots of asia you're practically a king if you have blonde hair & blue eyes -- no conquest, no brainwashing necessary. Indeed, in Japan, the media has arguably taken up the European standard of beauty of it's own accord -- no coersion, no persuasian necessary!

I just think "more colorful" = "more pretty" to a lot of people, and the more simple you are, the less likely you are to develop any more subtle aesthetic.

...And since most people (of all kinds) are pretty simple creatures, this could aid others in conquest. Again maybe I'm a cynic, but...

BTW, Rasol, thanks for the link. Nice to know I'm among the few who think about such weird things.

Have you read Chancellor William's books? If so, what did he have to say with regard to this?

Yes I have. Really best to read them for yourself. Although I and others have quoted William's before and will likely do so again, so.....

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for sunstorm2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have. Really best to read them for yourself.

His books sound right up my alley, but I have a helluva lot of reading to do as it is...

Perhaps his opinions on the topic can be laid out for us in a nutshell?

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I'm sorry but this sounds like a bunch of pseudo-scientific bullcrap to me. If on average men produce more melanin than women, it's because on average men typically have occupations that require them to be outside more and exposed to the sun- the longer you're exposed to the sun the higher the production of melanocytes, theres a simpler term for the process, its called TANNING-

I'm sorry if any of you have been BAMBOOZLED into believing the desire for lighter skinned women is a "natural" selective process.

The only evolutionary process of melanin concerns climatic adaptation, which takes 10,000 years to complete. Which is why as humans that migrated out of Africa heading towards Northern climates, melanin production was gradually decreased in order to produce vitamin D- And this my dear brothers is the ONLY NATURAL SELECTION that took place with regards to skin color. Everything else was a result of SOCIAL conditioning.

Why did classical authors like Herodotus regard pale blondes as uncivilized beasts, while more recently the opposite held true? Social conditioning- fear of the unknown

Why did Ancient Egyptians subject red heads to torture and burnt them alive?
Social conditioning- fear of the unknown

Why does even today, some superstitious African tribes regard Albinos-particularly females, as "undesirable" and attach a stigma to them (since white skin is supposed to be "naturally" desired right?)

So if any man "desires" a particular complexioned female, with a particular color hair, is because they have been psychologically conditioned to associate it with BEAUTY. And the one thing that men desire in modern society is "beauty".

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't know if you are aware of this, but babies can be "conditioned" from the moment they leave the birth canal. If mothers adorn their child's nursery with bright colors and nurturing, that child can be conditioned to associating brightness with nurturing.

I have a difficult time believing otherwise, as a parent due to the fact that the most comfortable place on earth for a baby is in it's mother's WOUND- and trust me dear, that's a DARK lovely place to be. But the child is receiving constant nurturing the entire 9 months in most cases.

Now for that experiment with the baby dolls, I heard about it, so I experimented with my own child, and never bought her a white doll (especially no barbie) to play with. So her self-esteem is a lot higher a a result.

As parents, we also have to be aware of "commercials" aimed at our kids, while watching their favorite cartoons. Typically they include "white" superheros, "white" advertisements for dolls, and "white" damsels in distress. I cannot specify enough how important it is to control this conditioning, and mae a conscious effort to purchase them books with heroic characters they can identify with. Adorn their bedrooms with beautiful Black artistic figures, and REPRESENT Africa, through the art in your home. Both of my kids have African names as well. I'm proud to be raising 2 of the most self-confident little brats I know.

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neo*geo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
Why did classical authors like Herodotus regard pale blondes as uncivilized beasts, while more recently the opposite held true? Social conditioning- fear of the unknown

Perception. Most of northern Europe WAS uncivilized in his time while few Greek explorers had ventured much deeper into Africa than Nubia.

On the other hand we have classical Roman and Arab authors who regarded people from both extremes(northern Europeans and sub-Saharan Africans) as barbaric or uncivilized. These views were biased of course and sometimes racist.

quote:

Never heard of this before and it sounds odd considering the fact that Ramses II had red hair. Red haired people were associated with the God of choas, Set.

quote:

So if any man "desires" a particular complexioned female, with a particular color hair, is because they have been psychologically conditioned to associate it with BEAUTY. And the one thing that men desire in modern society is "beauty".

I guess that could be true in some cases. Personally, I prefer caramel complexioned women with brown eyes regardless of ethnicity. My dad, a bi-racial, high yellow fellow, prefers dark brown skin complexioned women, and my brother goes for blondes.

Posts: 887 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Neo*geo

Never heard of this before and it sounds odd considering the fact that Ramses II had red hair. Red haired people were associated with the God of choas, Set.

The AE once regarded them superstitiously as sorcerers and bad luck.. do some research on it!

quote:
posted by Neo*geo
Personally, I prefer caramel complexioned women with brown eyes regardless of ethnicity

If only you knew.. LOL

[This message has been edited by homeylu (edited 01 August 2004).]

neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neo*geo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The AE once regarded them superstitiously as sorcerers and bad luck.. do some research on it!

Would you give me some hints as to where I can begin to look for this info(books, websites, documentaries, etc)?

Posts: 887 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
I'm sorry if any of you have been BAMBOOZLED into believing the desire for lighter skinned women is a "natural" selective process.

The only evolutionary process of melanin concerns climatic adaptation, which takes 10,000 years to complete. Which is why as humans that migrated out of Africa heading towards Northern climates, melanin production was gradually decreased in order to produce vitamin D- And this my dear brothers is the ONLY NATURAL SELECTION that took place with regards to skin color.

I personally don't think that explains the existence of pale nordic types. I don't think that natural selection would ever produce a quasi albinoid race. It is not clear that pale peoples are paticularly adept at synthesizing vitamin D, and moreover...nordic females continue to have the weakest bones and most frequent occurance of bone disease (osteoporosis) among all peoples.

I think blondness is socially selected: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2284783.stm

quote:
Why did classical authors like Herodotus regard pale blondes as uncivilized beasts,

Because they were, compared to the Greeks.

quote:

Not just that....among Black people red hair was often a sign of dietary deficency and disease. It still is, in the famine prone Horn region.

quote:
Why does even today, some superstitious African tribes regard Albinos-particularly females, as "undesirable" and attach a stigma to them (since white skin is supposed to be "naturally" desired right?)

Albinos are hated and shunned among some peoples, but they are also revered among others, including some Africans, but mostly in cases such as the Kuna Indians of Panama. http://www.der.org/films/moon-children.html
I believe they are a living example of how nordic peoples came to predominate in Northern Europe.

quote:
So if any man "desires" a particular complexioned female, with a particular color hair, is because they have been psychologically conditioned to associate it with BEAUTY.

But this begs the question of whether beauty is based only on psychological conditioning, or not.

I think a case can be made that there is a biological tendency that reinforces sexual preferences between men and women.

Start with something simple....size.

Men tend to be larger than women, and this tendency occurs among almost all mammals.
Why? Social conditioning? I don't think so.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Rasol, how did we go from skin color to size?? Sorry.

In order to discredit a scientific theory all you have to do is show instances where it has not held true.. I did that...hence, ALL men are not "naturally" attracted to women of lighter skin.

You proving what one culture does (Indians) as opposed to another (Africans) does NOT even remotely authenticate that argument.

Neo*geo, here are a few hints for you:
Google, search engine, key words

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Keino
I guess we men get better pleasure out of life because we were born that way. Maybe that's what helps drive our sex drive. Sorry ladies that you don't get as high as we men!

Don't know how I missed this the first time around? But uhhhh Doctor, can you please tell me what happens to those "highs" after "you men" reach middle age?????? Sorry men

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
[B]Rasol, how did we go from skin color to size??

I am trying to show how physical appearence can be sexually selected, as well as socially conditioned, using size as and example.
Not trying to change the subject, but rather illustrate a point, using a less sensitive example.

quote:
In order to discredit a scientific theory all you have to do is show instances where it has not held true..I did that...

....or found exceptions to a rule. Using my size example...among hyenas the female is larger than the male. That's an exception. Does not necessarily invalidate the biological theory behind females sexually selecting larger males among mammals.

quote:
ALL men are not "naturally" attracted to women of lighter skin.

I agree. But I don't know that anyone ever went that far, so you may be knocking down a straw man here.

quote:
You proving what one culture does (Indians) as opposed to another (Africans) does NOT even remotely authenticate that argument.

It DOES authenticates the argument I'm making....you seem to be refuting a different one.

I'm saying that skin color can be sexually selected as well as socially. NOTE: NOT THE SAME THING AS SAYING ALL MEN PREFER LIGHT SKIN WOMEN.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 01 August 2004).]

neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
I have to agree with you homeylu based on the premise that people's ideals of beauty are shaped by culture and environment. That's why despite interracial marriages, which are talked about alot in the US media, 90% of the time people marry someone of their own race and ethnicity. Some men find lighter complexioned women more feminine and some women find darker complexioned men more masculine. I'm not sure if these perceptions are sociological or biological. Most of the time, people are attracted to beauty they're familiar with, not the exotic.

[This message has been edited by neo*geo (edited 01 August 2004).]

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
I am trying to show how physical appearence can be sexually selected, as well as socially conditioned

One good example is social selection against "kinky" hair (like mine ).

Wherever you find people with kinky hair these days, there's social selection against it, in favor of straighter hair, to the point that women straighten their hair (and ironically, reinforce selection against kinky hair in the process -- no pun intended )

Once upon a time, kinky hair might have been naturally selected for. But after "first contact", it's now socially selected against...

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
[b]I am trying to show how physical appearence can be sexually selected, as well as socially conditioned

One good example is social selection against "kinky" hair (like mine ).

Wherever you find people with kinky hair these days, there's social selection against it, in favor of straighter hair, to the point that women straighten their hair (and ironically, reinforce selection against kinky hair in the process -- no pun intended )

Once upon a time, kinky hair might have been naturally selected for. But after "first contact", it's now socially selected against...[/B]

Depends on where you are of course. In Southern and Western Africa, women increasingly straighten their hair and lengthen it via extention as well. It is uncommon for men to do though.

It's important to keep in mind that this process isn't unique to African peoples.

Europeans tan themselves in order to gain darker skin. The women sometimes curl their hair. And european women used to wear dresses that protrude in the rear, making it appear that they had the large shapely behinds more common among African women.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Rasol
I agree. But I don't know that anyone ever went that far, so you may be knocking down a straw man here

Rarely do I argue with strawmen, but I "do" have a tendency to take things out of context, since I was responding to..

quote:
posted by Rasol
For whatever reason, there is a tendancy among many groups of humans (not all mind you) to associate dark with masculinity and light with femininty.

I guess coming from a resourceful man such as yourself, I assumed you were stating this "matter of factly" as a "scientific" statement.

Responding to Ausar's "matter of fact" conclusion:

quote:
Thus females of all races are natually lighter than their male counterparts.

followed by Sunstorms statement

quote:
To extend that a bit, I've read that blonde hair & blue eyes (& green & grey) evolved to appeal to aesthetic values as much as to cope with vitamin D deficiency.

And since in NONE of your statements did I find the term "social", I "assumed" you guys were making "scientific" arguments, hereby prompting me to respond with

quote:
I'm sorry if any of you have been BAMBOOZLED into believing the desire for lighter skinned women is a "natural" selective process

And I was careful to put quotation marks around "natural" since the original topic began with that term, and it 'appeared' to me that you guys were expanding on that statement rather than "refuting" it. So if I'm arguing with 'strawmen' here, then clearly one or all of you are likely to be blown down by the big bad wolf.

Neo agreeing with me for a change????? I can't believe it!

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
It's important to keep in mind that this process isn't unique to African peoples.

Europeans tan themselves in order to gain darker skin. The women sometimes curl their hair. And european women used to wear dresses that protrude in the rear, making it appear that they had the large shapely behinds more common among African women.

Yes, I know about tanning, lip enhancement, butt enhancement, curling perms, etc.

I was just commenting on that one aspect of social selection regarding kinky hair vs. straighter hair.

It is uncommon for men to do though.

True, but the guys often favor women with straighter hair though, and some women will tell you that guys don't like women who don't straighten their hair. (I find that hard to believe though, since "naturalness" is a big part of beauty. Nature + health + aesthetic = beauty, I think...)

...And the prevalence of hair straightening depends on where you go? I think it's pretty much worldwide by now, except for places where women can't afford straightening products.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not judging it -- I'm just offering this to illustrate social selection regarding a particular feature.

[This message has been edited by sunstorm2004 (edited 01 August 2004).]

neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
I don't know what this says about my social conditioning but these three ladies are in my opinion the most beautiful in the world:

neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
Here's another ideal beauty

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
[b]It's important to keep in mind that this process isn't unique to African peoples.

Yes, I know about tanning, lip enhancement, butt enhancement, curling perms, etc.

I was just commenting on that one aspect of social selection regarding kinky hair vs. straighter hair, outside of its "racial" context.

It is uncommon for men to do though.

True, but the guys often favor women with straighter hair though, and some women will tell you that guys don't like women who don't straighten their hair. (I find that hard to believe though, since "naturalness" is a big part of beauty. Nature + health + aesthetic = beauty, I think...)

...And the prevalence of hair straightening depends on where you go? I think it's pretty much worldwide by now, except for places where women can't afford straightening products.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not judging it -- I'm just offering this to illustrate social selection regarding a "racial" feature.[/B]

This statement is quite interesting coming form a male, and since females are typically concern themselves with what males consider attractive. I can promise you, if you see more men becoming more attracted to women with "kinky" hair, then most of them will wear their hair in this fashion. Just as they see men typically going for the long haired, big butt (brothers) or full lipped (lately, but not always) type, women in their obsession to attract have resorted to many "un-natural" procedures (lip enhancement, breat implants, relaxers) to acquire this "look" they think you all want. What's interesting is that you say men like "natural women", would you care to define that further and say they like "naturally straight or wavy hair" INCLUDING "kinky" hair, natural blondes, natural breast, etc.....? Otherwise what some women "think" the men like, they try to artificially achieve, if they weren't 'blessed' to achieve it naturally.

Again this goes back to psychological conditioning. As you said, more recently a CONSCIOUS effort has been taken to show a different description of beautiful, as I exemplified using the model Alek Wek. While a few brothers asserted their preference for Lauren Hill, given that most of you on this board are "conscious" I don't think you speak for the masses.

Now lets see what happens 20 years from now, if more Alek Weks will take the seen.

Keino
unregistered

quote:
I'm sorry but this sounds like a bunch of pseudo-scientific bullcrap to me. If on average men produce more melanin than women, it's because on average men typically have occupations that require them to be outside more and exposed to the sun- the longer you're exposed to the sun the higher the production of melanocytes, theres a simpler term for the process, its called TANNING-

The only evolutionary process of melanin concerns climatic adaptation, which takes 10,000 years to complete. Which is why as humans that migrated out of Africa heading towards Northern climates, melanin production was gradually decreased in order to produce vitamin D- And this my dear brothers is the ONLY NATURAL SELECTION that took place with regards to skin color. Everything else was a result of SOCIAL conditioning.

You are definitely right! What we have to realize is that there in endless subliminal conditioning to prefer not only lighter women, but lighter men. This is not a Natural preference, it is skillfully and knowingly pertetuated throughout the world by the western culture. Although colour preference is conditional learning, it is a fact that men on average are darker. I do not believe that there is any adaptational benefit for women being lighter than men, I think its just a chance biochemical adaptation.

[This message has been edited by Keino (edited 01 August 2004).]

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by neo*geo:
I don't know what this says about my social conditioning but these three ladies are in my opinion the most beautiful in the world:

From what I see Neo, You're not "color struck" because they vary in skin color, as well as other features- lips, etc...

So the only thing I could see in common with the three is that they all have straight to wavy hair, Halle's is the only one with short hair, so long hair isn't your thing, so maybe you're just attracted to women "without" kinky hair.

But that's your preference.

Keino
unregistered

quote:
I don't know if you are aware of this, but babies can be "conditioned" from the moment they leave the birth canal. If mothers adorn their child's nursery with bright colors and nurturing, that child can be conditioned to associating brightness with nurturing.

I have a difficult time believing otherwise, as a parent due to the fact that the most comfortable place on earth for a baby is in it's mother's WOUND- and trust me dear, that's a DARK lovely place to be. But the child is receiving constant nurturing the entire 9 months in most cases.

Now for that experiment with the baby dolls, I heard about it, so I experimented with my own child, and never bought her a white doll (especially no barbie) to play with. So her self-esteem is a lot higher a a result.

As parents, we also have to be aware of "commercials" aimed at our kids, while watching their favorite cartoons. Typically they include "white" superheros, "white" advertisements for dolls, and "white" damsels in distress. I cannot specify enough how important it is to control this conditioning, and mae a conscious effort to purchase them books with heroic characters they can identify with. Adorn their bedrooms with beautiful Black artistic figures, and REPRESENT Africa, through the art in your home. Both of my kids have African names as well. I'm proud to be raising 2 of the most self-confident little brats I know.

I like you alot homeylu, you are indeed a critical thinker. Again I say you are very right (in my humble opinion as a soon to be doctor)! My little cousin is the MOST beautiful girl in the world. Beautiful smooth BLACK skin, the most intricately kinky lush hair. Her mom has always given her black dolls and has never permed her hair striaght. She loves reading books and doing the girly things like fixing her hair and painting her nails. She loves her hair and often tells her little white friends that she can do their hair to look pretty like hers. I laugh and smile b/c she is conditioned so right. Not that she is insisting that straight hair is ugly or wrong, but because she see the true beauty in her hair. I really hope she never changes that way of thinking b/c I know as she gets older, kids that are conditioned to hate ther dark skin and kinky hair will come at her with hatred and ignorance. Homeylu, we need more women like you in this world!

AE's would laugh-probably cry if they see how the world has changed. Novus Ordo Seclorum

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Thank you Keino

This is one of the pieces in my daughters bedroom

A little cutey isn't she

Little Flower..Carl Owens

In her bathroom

Fred Matthews (who by the way is one of my best friends , support his work please)

More from Fred

neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for neo*geo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
From what I see Neo, You're not "color struck" because they vary in skin color, as well as other features- lips, etc...

So the only thing I could see in common with the three is that they all have straight to wavy hair, Halle's is the only one with short hair, so long hair isn't your thing, so maybe you're just attracted to women "without" kinky hair.

But that's your preference.

I definately don't discriminate based on skin color or facial features but judging from all the women I've dated in the past and in the present, I think I find long hair more feminine. Kinky, curly, or straight, long hair is just more womanly to me.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
This is completely off topic, but I just engaged myself in a debate in another part of the Forum, I usually don't frequent until I find something controversial ,lol, but I did find this, and I would like you strong minded brothers to express yourself on the war in Sudan over here:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/003826.html

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
would you care to define that further and say they like "naturally straight or wavy hair" INCLUDING "kinky" hair, natural blondes, natural breast, etc.....?

Can't speak for all men, but I do like natural beauty. Fake breasts could never be as beautiful as natural. And yes, I prefer naturally kinky hair over artificially straightened hair, and "black is the color of my true love's hair" (auburn-dyed doesn't do it for me). Still, ya gotta make compromises, of course.

Naturally straight hair is quite beautiful as well. In fact, I think dark south asian women are the most beautiful in the world (they get extra points for exotic appeal). The "backwoods" ones are the pinnacle in my opinion. That's just my aesthetic.

I like the beauty of nature, so I like natural beauty. Plus, I live in New York, where there's so much fakeness and subterfuge that anything that suggests "genuine" "natural" and "healthy" gets extra points.

As for women straightening their hair, honestly I think most guys couldn't care less (in spite of what the women say). If black women stopped straightening their hair tomorrow, nobody would care. In fact, some of us would applaud it.

I have a feeling that the women do it for themselves, not for us.

Anyway, here's a beautiful women (to my tastes) from Wally's site:

And another --

And another --

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Well, I can't seem to get the pics to work... But anyway, you get my drift...
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Keino:
I like you alot homeylu, you are indeed a critical thinker. Again I say you are very right (in my humble opinion as a soon to be doctor)! My little cousin is the MOST beautiful girl in the world. Beautiful smooth BLACK skin, the most intricately kinky lush hair. Her mom has always given her black dolls and has never permed her hair striaght. She loves reading books and doing the girly things like fixing her hair and painting her nails. She loves her hair and often tells her little white friends that she can do their hair to look pretty like hers. I laugh and smile b/c she is conditioned so right. Not that she is insisting that straight hair is ugly or wrong, but because she see the true beauty in her hair. I really hope she never changes that way of thinking b/c I know as she gets older, kids that are conditioned to hate ther dark skin and kinky hair will come at her with hatred and ignorance. Homeylu, we need more women like you in this world!

AE's would laugh-probably cry if they see how the world has changed. Novus Ordo Seclorum

Keino, that is just too funny about your niece, my daughter's white girlfriends had me take them to the African shop where she get her hair braided so that they can get braids too!! Isn't that something. I don't know about the rest of the country, but there is a growing trend of young white girls in metro Atlanta opting for cornrolls, the world i changing indeed.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Well, I can't seem to get the pics to work... But anyway, you get my drift...

Just post the link sunstorm.

Speaking of kinky hair, I do know that a lot of brothers find Jill Scott attractive? do you?

But do you also recognize hairstyles going in and out like afros did in the sixties? Seems like afros then are replaced by dreads and cornroll styles today.

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Okay, beautiful women from Wally's site:
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/00000beja5.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/00000000afargirl.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/Afar-lady-black-dress.jpg

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Now I see why the links won't work -- it's a yahoo thing...
sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
I do know that a lot of brothers find Jill Scott attractive? do you?

Certainly not unattractive, but not sexy to my tastes...

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Okay, beautiful women from Wally's site:
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/00000beja5.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/00000000afargirl.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/Afar-lady-black-dress.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/people.html

The Beja girl and the Afar girls right? Neither of which have "kinky" hair, did you notice?

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Remember, we're just talking about one small site, with a small selection of pictures...

Only the senegalese and ethiopian women there have kinky hair, and of those, only the ethiopian woman with the braids appeals to my sense of beauty.

It's not *just* natural hair that I find attractive, it's the whole look... You can be totally natural & still be unattractive to my eyes... I just think "naturalness" adds extra points to beauty...

The women I pointed out don't have kinky hair, but they're beautiful nonetheless...

Besides, the beja woman is wearing her hair in a classic east african style, I believe... I wouldn't count her hair as artifically straightened... Kinky hair or no -- she's a beaut!

Miss Nigeria (below) is beautiful -- I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed! -- but she looks like she's wearing a wig. Her hair seems incongruous with the rest of her, and doesn't add to her appeal.

Imagine how much more beautiful she would be if her hair were in a more natural style -- braids? twists? pleats? covered? I don't know, but blatant artificiality to me is somewhat less attractive than natural. Same goes for obviously fake breasts, colored contacts or an obvious nosejob. Keyword is "blatant". Some artificiality is necessary, of course...

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Wow. I'm just now *really* looking at these pictures.

Miss Kenya's a true hottie.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Well here's another Nigerian International Supermodel, Oluchi Onweagba with a more "natural" hairstyle, now is she more appealing? I'm just trying to figure out exactly "what look" you're talking about

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Yes, she's very attractive, especially if she were to smile and open her eye.

She's more attractive than she would be if she were to do her hair like Ms. Nigeria, don't you think? Not because kinky is more beautiful than straight (one has to look at the whole package), but because more genuine in appearance is more attractive than fake.

Don't you think?

But if you're trying to hook me up, I'll take Ms. Kenya...

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Ok, I'll be posting some MEN photos when I come back, NO hating allowed.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's not lose this thread either...
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com