EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Political Correctness as a form of White Supremacy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Political Correctness as a form of White Supremacy
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed numerous times on this form that certain topics are considered "taboo" to discuss. An example is when I mentioned the fact that White people tended to have greater brain assymetry than Blacks. The school system seems to be teaching a multiculturalist agenda that promotes equality as being equal, meaning the same. This instruction is becoming a form of brainwashing with Black Youth whereby they now believe that surfacing difficult or challenging cultural topics is taboo. A politically correct discourse is now in play which stifles open and candid dialogue. The purpose of this political correctness seems to be centered on maintaining the status quo by not raising and addressing tough questions and topics.
Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Raising a topic such as that would probably be *against* their self-interest. In many ways the "political correctness" benefits "whites" more so than minorities. Sometimes being "PC" means carrying on the establishment view i.e. ----->eurocentrism---->the gold standard by which other cultures are measured and valued.

Interesting line of thought tho. Though the nationalistic overtones seem apparent.

--------------------
Dont be evil - Google

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, it's all about the use of words.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mmmkay:
^^Raising a topic such as that would probably be *against* their self-interest. In many ways the "political correctness" benefits "whites" more so than minorities.

Evergreen Writes:

Political Correctness certainly benefits Whites more than "minorities". In fact, when Blacks raise the issue of Ancient Egypt being a Black African civilization we are marginalized and labeled "Afrocentric". Political Correctness is used as a weapon and is the last bastion of White Supremacy.

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HistoryFacelift
Member # 14696

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HistoryFacelift     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little Billy: But Egypt is an Africa..but the images don't have white skin...

Teacher: Now, now little Billy, you are becoming an Afrocentric. Everyone knows you can't be Afrocentric when talking about Africa, dunce hat in the corner.

Posts: 105 | From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hhhmmmph. Early in form school I wondered why
I didn't ace a certain social science test. The only
question I got wrong was the continental location of
Egypt.

I looked at several classmates' papers who got the
question "right." They'd chosen Asia. I marched up
to teacher and complained: "You marked me wrong." Teacher
informed with with no uncertainty that Egypt was in Asia.

Calling the classes attention I pulled down the map
of Asia and asked if anyone can find Egypt on it. Of
course there were no takers. Then I pulled the African
map. The room went acry with: "There's Egypt, there's
Egypt." Teacher retorted: "Egypt may look like it's in
Africa but it's really in Asia."

That evening at home I was in for a surprise. My quite
upset parents proceeded to chastise me. Why? A call
from school alerted them that not only had I disturbed
class I also was uncomplimentary toward teacher who very
emotionally had informed my parents for them to discipline
me.

Ever since then Africana has been my raison d’être because
I learned, and learned humilatingly hard, "society's
institutions" were trying to hide something about me from me.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evergreen, please put OT in the topic subject because it's not related to AE and very few Africans relate to the subject(I mean it's more an American topic)...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then I pulled the African

Even as cynical as I can sometimes be - I am surprised about the incompetence of your teacher.

Not only is the teachers position idiotic, but one of the elementary rules of teaching is to encourage students to engage and question.

You teach your students how to think for themselves.... you don't tell them 'what' to think.

Teacher should have been fired.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
Evergreen, please put OT in the topic subject because it's not related to AE and very few Africans relate to the subject(I mean it's more an American topic)...

Evergreen Writes:

Actually you are wrong. This is the Ancient Egypt Forum: Non-Egyptology related discussion. African roots, race, origin of man etc.

Hence, it is not off-topic.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right, I forgot that they split the forum...Sorry about that...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Egypt.

me.

Wow. Getting the right answer "wrong". I would've raised hell towards the teacher.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ [Eek!] Damn, Takruri! No wonder you're,.. uh.. the way you are-- paranoid of peoples of non-African descent as well as obsessed with keeping African history for African descent peoples only.

The incident you described with the teacher sounds so crazy and absurd, it sounds more like a nightmare literally a bad dream than something that could happen in reality! I mean even the a person with the most basic and elementary knowledge in geography let alone a teacher would know Egypt is in Africa! Why do you think the Euro-racists want to divide Africa in the first place into North and Sub-Sahara with Sub-Sahara being the geographic 'ghetto' of blacks?!

Is this person still teaching?? That teacher sounds worse than Professor Hore!!

Posts: 26269 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't know me nor what I want much less the
multi-ethnic makeup of my friends and associates
who don't try to rule me nor I them when it comes
to matters of their particular ethnicities. Real
people in the real world know that as a working
reality outsiders cannot be at the top but can
be in position anywhere else.

What you need to do is pop psycho analyze yourself
as a very dark but not black reputably Asian boy
running around here with a black African God's name.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HistoryFacelift
Member # 14696

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HistoryFacelift     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Egypt may look like it's in

The most hilarious thing I have heard all day. This is what the public system does, we can't control the biases of every one we employ to teach our children, especially if said "teacher" was educated in the 1950s...
Posts: 105 | From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Egypt.

me.

This is one of the problems I have with America. The quality of education we have---especially in critical areas such as science, history, and geography---is ridiculous. That's why you have all these ignoramuses running around spouting nonsense like "evolution is wrong", "AIDS was manmade", "homeopathy works", and in your case, "Egypt is not in Africa". Part of the problem is that more often than not, the teachers we hire in our schools know jack **** about the subjects they're teaching about and refer to the textbooks (themselves often written by non-experts). If we hired genuine, university-trained experts instead of random yahoos to teach and write our textbooks, ludicrous bullshit like this wouldn't happen.
Posts: 7082 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
It's lesson planners of educational boards who
direct what teachers are supposed to teach. A
conscious teacher will negate indoctrinary
lesson plans and teach from as progressive
an angle as possible with the assigned books
and other materials.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Okay, and I never claimed to know you, much less try to "rule" you. As again I notice you bring up that word. You seem to be worried about being controlled by others as that maybe stems from that experience you had. I'm not your form school teacher.

quote:
What you need to do is pop psycho analyze yourself as a very dark but not black reputably Asian boy running around here with a black African God's name.
Well let's see. I'm of Southeast Asian ancestry which is why I'm dark but not that dark to be called 'black' as it seems you assume. The black African god I chose as a moniker is specifically Egyptian as this is an Egyptian forum. So, what then?
Posts: 26269 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrann0saurus:

This is one of the problems I have with America. The quality of education we have---especially in critical areas such as science, history, and geography---is ridiculous. That's why you have all these ignoramuses running around spouting nonsense like "evolution is wrong", "AIDS was manmade", "homeopathy works", and in your case, "Egypt is not in Africa". Part of the problem is that more often than not, the teachers we hire in our schools know jack **** about the subjects they're teaching about and refer to the textbooks (themselves often written by non-experts). If we hired genuine, university-trained experts instead of random yahoos to teach and write our textbooks, ludicrous bullshit like this wouldn't happen.

The problem as usual is that we are dealing with a public (government) school system. Though not all public school teachers are bad. It really depends on the school and the particular teacher. Again, some people like myself are lucky enough not to have just one but many teachers who not only teach accurate information but did indeed teach us to think for ourselves, as Rasol pointed out. This is what teachers are supposed to do but apparently not everybody has such a luxury.

In the case of Takruri, that had to be the worst example I have ever heard of a public school teacher gone wrong.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Will you shut up already, please, and get some
glasses because you damn sure don't see me
clearly at all with your crackerjack box
free prize pop psychiatry degree.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:

Okay, and I never claimed to know you, much less try to "rule" you. As again I notice you bring up that word. You seem to be worried about being controlled by others as that maybe stems from that experience you had. I'm not your form school teacher.

quote:
What you need to do is pop psycho analyze yourself as a very dark but not black reputably Asian boy running around here with a black African God's name.
Well let's see. I'm of Southeast Asian ancestry which is why I'm dark but not that dark to be called 'black' as it seems you assume. The black African god I chose as a moniker is specifically Egyptian as this is an Egyptian forum. So, what then?

Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^LOL

I agree with alTakruri, Djehuti seems to have taken the role of a teacher when he's at this forum. Djehuti you should realize that your not a a tutor or some moral guide. You get annoying whenever you post "correct" or "incorrect" after peoples posts. Just say "i agree" or "i disagree", which is much better. Your self assigned "true opinion" and issues are getting in the way of communication.
You are not here to review some highschool assignment paper or point out what's "correct/incorrect" and your opinion is not the optimal one (regardless how much you would like it to be). Basically what you need to do is chill with your arrogance. [Wink]

Btw you never answered my question before, so here it is again, are you a "Yellow" man? if not what are you, a "white", "black", WHAT? It shouldn't be that hard for you to answer considering that you don't have trouble telling others what they are, right? Or is it "incorrect", LOL

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Wow if anyone needs to chill is YOU guys! It's really not serious. To Yonis, I don't know what you mean about being "arrogant". I speak my mind is all and what I judge as correct or not is based on factual things not opinions. As to Takruri, sorry if I sounded pyschoanalytical on you, but again I'm not your idiotic teacher, so please chill out.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question dodged again but perhaps like Takruri (I think) Djehuti doesn't personally really adhere to his identity a colour.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen:
I have noticed numerous times on this form that certain topics are considered "taboo" to discuss. An example is when I mentioned the fact that White people tended to have greater brain assymetry than Blacks. The school system seems to be teaching a multiculturalist agenda that promotes equality as being equal, meaning the same. This instruction is becoming a form of brainwashing with Black Youth whereby they now believe that surfacing difficult or challenging cultural topics is taboo. A politically correct discourse is now in play which stifles open and candid dialogue. The purpose of this political correctness seems to be centered on maintaining the status quo by not raising and addressing tough questions and topics.

Evergreen, you really know what's goin' on, though my "view" probably isn't the the same as yours with respect to this particular topic.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“If you do not understand White Supremacy (Racism) - what it is, and how it works - everything else that you understand, will only confuse you.” - Neely Fuller, Jr. (1971)
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com