EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » I hope the African man will get the nomination (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I hope the African man will get the nomination
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been following the Democratic primaries...that Obama act like an African fox...smiling and pleasing(or fooling) everyone...I guess he's using his African genes...we all know how to fake in Africa....I hope that the Kenyan man will win at the end....
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The man is 50% WHITE and That is why White America Loves HIM...He is less of a threat and more acceptable to mainstream folks.

quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
I've been following the Democratic primaries...that Obama act like an African fox...smiling and pleasing(or fooling) everyone...I guess he's using his African genes...we all know how to fake in Africa....I hope that the Kenyan man will win at the end....

Posts: 315 | From: Deep Earth | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HistoryFacelift
Member # 14696

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HistoryFacelift     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glider, why would you think white America loves him because he is half white, while chastising him for attending a blacks only church?
Quite honestly, many white Americans don't even know about his mixed heritage, the only ones that seem to be concerned are the VNN types.

Posts: 105 | From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VNN?

Well, most I know know about it. Actually, I haven't seen anyone who wasn't aware of it.

It seems that most of his appeal is in the timing of his running as well as the fact that he's playing all his cards right.

Still, he seems to have good intentions. If he wins, I hope he doesn't screw it up.

Problems: Lot of blacks aware that he's a second generation African, and a lot of whites are aware that he's black. lol. Alot of blacks know and posit he'll either never get in or is just a trojan horse - in possibly more ways than one - for blacks.)

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HistoryFacelift:
Glider, why would you think white America loves him because he is half white, while chastising him for attending a blacks only church?
Quite honestly, many white Americans don't even know about his mixed heritage, the only ones that seem to be concerned are the VNN types.

They would like him because he carries no Afro-American genes. He is son of a Kenyan and probably carries the Cohen gene. He never experienced racism. Finally, he is the cousin of Bush and Cheny so why wouldn't they like him.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USA is an amazing country. To think that a
1st generation Kenyan hybrid actually has the
high probability of becoming its president not
based on race pandering as were any previously
hopeful but politically ill equipped Black
American candidates but because of requisite
skill and experience precursive to the office.

What is this man's socialization? Though not of
Middle Passage survivor descent was he raised by
his white mother in a black social environment?
How did he come to associate himself with that
religious institution of progressive Black and
African Americans? What ties does he hold onto
his father's country? Does he have any knowledge
of his partial Luo(?) heritage?

I appreciate any non hateful unbiased insights
lacking ethnic jealousy of those who feel put
off.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This needs to go under Politics.

And Clyde Winters, what makes you so sure Obama has never experienced racism? Anti-black racism may be less of a problem in Kenya than the US, but it probably still has the legacy of colonialism and the whole "skin-whitening cream" syndrome---and, of course, being in America for quite some time, he must have met at least a few racist or prejudiced people.

Posts: 7103 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Glider:
The man is 50% WHITE and That is why White America Loves HIM...He is less of a threat and more acceptable to mainstream folks.

quote:

lol [Big Grin]
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrann0saurus:
This needs to go under Politics.

And Clyde Winters, what makes you so sure Obama has never experienced racism? Anti-black racism may be less of a problem in Kenya than the US, but it probably still has the legacy of colonialism and the whole "skin-whitening cream" syndrome---and, of course, being in America for quite some time, he must have met at least a few racist or prejudiced people.

What makes you think he did?

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Republicans are voting for him in the open primaries in order to run against him in the General Election.

This accomplishes many things some of which are:

1. They get the candidate that they can most easily win against.

2. They get to stick it to the Clintons who they hate.

3. They think they are going to sandbag AAs by getting AA hopes up by voting for him in the primaries, then voting against him in the General Election. Then will be gleeful as hell of AAs complaing about racism when Obama loses.

Some of you guys really spend too much time online and not enough in the real world.

Everyday you can find racism against Africans in this country, like that which recently occured against the family from Ethiopia in the Pacific Northwest.

Why on earth do you think that a country with the track record that it has, that doesn't even want people of African descent playing quarterback at any level of football would have some half-breed African boater be the president of their country?

And do you actually believe that white Americans are going to put some half-breed African boater over a white man that is a war veteran and former prisoner of war.

Lay off the crack please.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What ties does he hold onto

He visits kenya regulary, he went to kenya severel times when he was a teenager and also recently.

Here is some pics of him hanging with northern kenyans (somalis/boran)and wearing some nomad attire.

-

-

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
argyle104

This is what I am talking about. You don't need to bring up ethnic differences to prove a point. It is good to see that you are improving, in this way. I have read your past posts in this thread, and the African Cup thread. And I have to admit that I am impressed you did not start a racist flamewar. This is what needs to be done on this forum. No more bringing up differences of color, or ethnicities. You make some very valid points about america and reasons why they are voting for Obama. I hope that if he does win, that he tries to use his position to help *all* the donwtrodden people in America, not just Blacks. What this would prove if he does win, is that slow and steady the Racists are losing. While it may be too slow for some people, at least it looks like people are making a difference. Just like in America though, we have to also step up to the plate. Too much people are still quick to bring up race. It's time forum members become color blind. We can't still have people hating each other, and then complain about other places doing the same thing. If you want to change America, you have to first start at your home. You must change your views, before you can change anybody elses. That is why I have to give respect to argyle104, this is the first time I have seen his posts very mellow and to the point. We need other posters like him, Yonis, Glider to do the same things. Stop fueling ethnic flame wars between each other. You can still make points without all the racist nonsense. It is time for this forum to debate with eachother with respect and class. we can show people that we may not always agree with eachother, but we still *respect* each other. The debates over the past few days have been better then they were before, this is good. We need to keep it up.

Obama won all the caucuses over the weekend. This is good for him. People need to understand that they need to vote the correct person into the White House. Whether it's Clinton, or Obama, I don't really care as long as they make changes and help the people that need helping. Unity is what we need as a people. We have been divided for too long, the questions that need to be posted to Clinton, and Obama is what are they doing to bring us together. If what I hear is true about America, it is that Obama's main support is still African Americans. The media seems to always bring this up. It seems we still have a long fight ahead of us to change people. Vote for the person who speaks the most *Truth*, not the one who mostly looks like you.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King wrote:
----------------
----------------

Calm down BAGGY.

Don't let things affect you.

Surely you have "THICKER" skin than this. : )

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Target! Why on earth do you think that a country with the track record that it has, that doesn't even want people of African descent playing quarterback at any level of football would have some half-breed African boater be the president of their country?

And do you actually believe that white Americans are going to put some half-breed African boater over a white man that is a war veteran and former prisoner of war.

Lay off the crack please. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Couldn't say it better my self.

Key issue is. WHAT IS HIS VIEW ON ISREAL???? [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:
Republicans are voting for him in the open primaries in order to run against him in the General Election.

This accomplishes many things some of which are:

1. They get the candidate that they can most easily win against.

2. They get to stick it to the Clintons who they hate.

3. They think they are going to sandbag AAs by getting AA hopes up by voting for him in the primaries, then voting against him in the General Election. Then will be gleeful as hell of AAs complaing about racism when Obama loses.

Some of you guys really spend too much time online and not enough in the real world.

Everyday you can find racism against Africans in this country, like that which recently occured against the family from Ethiopia in the Pacific Northwest.

Why on earth do you think that a country with the track record that it has, that doesn't even want people of African descent playing quarterback at any level of football would have some half-breed African boater be the president of their country?

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw an interesting report over the weekend. Would appreciate some insight on this from the politically savvy. Dr Winters, Doug, ALTk etc.

President Eisenwoer (sp?) - grand daughter threw in her support for Obama. Her views were Obama was the ONLY one who could reach outside of the US and put the US back on track as leader of the world and reach across and mend fences. He comes across as a "made over" Colin Powell without the bagage. Another first generation American. He does have the "global" views on things compared to the rest. Her point was that the world is smaller and the US needs to come together to catch it breath after a horrendous 8 years.

I had my doubts before. Now I am not sure what's up. The powers that be are realizing that they cannot bully their way to the top. acnnot twist arms to make countries comply. The US is losing respect. . . and economic and financial power in the world. The Euro dollar is becoming the money of choice. Lots of Arab and African oil dollars are going into Europe.

Thoughts???

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People in America want change. The other candidates do not seem to be able to inspire confidence that they will bring change. The key here is will Obama bring change or will it be more of the same?

Only time will tell.

I believe that no matter who becomes president, foreign policy will still be the same and the war on terror will still be a main focus. Domestic issues will change somewhat depending on whether it is a republican or democrat, with the republicans being more for the rich and the democrats seeming to do more for the lower income people.

But again, only time will tell how much change will really take place.

I still say that "change" has become a big part of the campaign, which is mainly to draw people into the system that has been so bankrupted by Bush and co. But the key players and key policies will not change even if there is some change to the window dressing to make it look different.

Posts: 8901 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Obama said outright - he will bring the troops home.
Hillary - is on the fence with the troops and the "war on terror"
McCain said - "if it takes 100yrs".

I believe a lot of this nomination thing is orchestrated.

Who is Obama!!!!??? He came from nowhere to be the darling of the media. Now a lot of people are jumpimg on the train.

What is his views on Isreal? All US Presidents and candidates eventually will face that question. And he CANNOT show up Isreal.

The media will have him for lunch. So is it the people chosing Obama and wanting change. Or is it the media influencing the American Idol, Lost, Survivor audience.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Obama is on the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). If Obama wins, America is still being run by the same ruthless thugs.

Unless of course, he is a "fox" indeed and changes his tune once he gets in the "white house".

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Then the AlKaeda(fox) rumour may be true. LOL

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Agreed...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nieman Watchdog puts the acid test

Here are some of the questions American journalists could be asking the likely Democratic and Republican presidential nominees:

Q. The recent incident in the Strait of Hormuz highlighted the danger that provocations by either side or just misunderstanding could ignite a Tonkin-Gulf-like military confrontation between the U.S. and Iran that could degenerate into an all-out war. Do you believe that President Bush has the legal power to retaliate militarily against an alleged Iranian provocation without Congressional authorization?

Q. Are you concerned about a so-called “surprise” in a form of a Tonkin-Gulf-in-the-Persian-Gulf that could affect the outcome of the election? Have you or your aides raised this issue with officials in the administration or discussed it with your colleagues in Congress?

Q. Under what circumstances can President Bush count on your support if he decides to strike Iran before the election in November? Under what circumstances would he not have your support?

Q. The Israelis have also warned that they could take a unilateral action and strike against Iran’s nuclear sites if the U.S. and the international community fail to prevent the Iranians from pursuing their nuclear military program. Should the president demand that Israel get U.S. permission before deciding to strike Iran’s nuclear sites? What should the consequences be if Israel attacks without U.S. permission?

Q. Would you agree to supply Israel with bunker busting bombs to help it destroy the Iranian installations?

Q. Can the Israeli government count on your support if it decides to strike Iran before the election in November?

Link

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you don't need to wait folks. Obama answers:

quote:
Last week, when Barack Obama became the first major candidate to break the silence on the situation in Gaza, he didn't criticize Israel, whose blockade of a civilian population has been roundly condemned by human rights organizations, nor did he call for restraint from the United States' top ally in the Mideast. Instead, he fired off a letter to U.N. Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad with a resounding message—one that could have been mistaken for words straight from the American Israel Public Affairs Committee's (AIPAC) website. "The Security Council should clearly and unequivocally condemn the rocket attacks against Israel.… If it cannot...I urge you to ensure that it does not speak at all," Obama wrote, adding he understood why Israel was "forced" to shut down Gaza's border crossings.
Mother Jones
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Then he stands a good chnace of becoming the next President of the USA. Status Quo? What change!!

--------------------

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Arwa,
The majority of human beings don't really care about what's happening in the middle east, just ask the majority of Asians or Africans including myself(except you and some other Africans)...they don't care...

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's all camoflage for the American public to
think they really select the candidates and elect
their president.

In reality superdelegates select the candidates
and the electoral college decides who'll win.

All the rest is just a continuance of the first
original "reality TV" show presented by the media.

Please note that Obama is carrying the populace
and scoring media hoopla, Clinton is way ahead
of him where it counts -- superdelegate votes.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

Who is Obama!!!!??? He came from nowhere to be the darling of the media. Now a lot of people are jumpimg on the train.

What is his views on Isreal? All US Presidents and candidates eventually will face that question. And he CANNOT show up Isreal.

The media will have him for lunch. So is it the people chosing Obama and wanting change. Or is it the media influencing the American Idol, Lost, Survivor audience.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
the majority of people in the world NEED to care what is going on in the middle east. Why?

1. ENERGY - OIL
2. ENERGY - OIL
3. ENERGY - OIL

The first gulf war was about that - and justfiable so.. . . in my oppionion. Can't have a thug invading another country to control that type of resource.

The 2nd Gulf war - The invader was invaded for the same reason? How ironic. Or was it old fashioned imperialism/colonialism?

I agree MOST people don't care about Isreal.

quote:
Arwa,
The majority of human beings don't really care about what's happening in the middle east, just ask the majority of Asians or Africans including myself(except you and some other Africans)...they don't care...

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
The super delegates and the electoral college only became of significance "recently". Don't expect the super delegates will chose differently from the American public. Especially with a blow out.

Only when their ISN'T a clear winner then it's up to this forum.

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
their president.

quote:

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Arwa,

Habari,

Lucky you then. You must be very rich man [Wink]
US Gross National Debt
5 sec ago $9,252,339,308,394
http://zfacts.com/p/461.html

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
And what about 2000 when the electral college
didn't coincide with the popular vote and Baby
Bush was made president? Popular vote does not
elect the president of the USA.

Ooops: was just informed that Obama is ahead of
Clinton now in the delegate tally but only by 4.

quote:
The super delegates and the electoral college only became of significance "recently". Don't expect the super delegates will chose differently from the American public. Especially with a blow out.

Only when their ISN'T a clear winner then it's up to this forum.

quote:
their president.

quote:

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I believe a lot of this nomination thing is orchestrated. True popular does not win but that too can be orchetrated!
I agree there is orchestration but it works both ways. There are many people who want Obama to make a 'change' and there are those who are quietly orchestrating a 'coup' as we speak and are trying to dig up stuff (like those who say Obama is a friend of Osama and he is really a Muslim!!!) and they will present it at the last minute! Watch out!

If even Obama was not the popular vote and he was where Hilary is, he would never get those extra delegates.
That is the epitome of orchestration. Let it all play out and the 'coup de grace' will be left for last.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
2000 was an anomaly. The votes were split down the middle. The count was well within the margin of error.. . in other words. TIED. In a case like that the electoral college became important. Same thing may be happening with Obama and Clinton. Obama has to win outright then the Super delegates will have no other choice than to support the popular vote. The country cannot withstand another unrestful, devisive 4 yrs. If that doesn't happen we are heading to 3rd world dictatorial government. We are on that slippery slope already. With the coup(Supreme Court) that took place in 2000, water boarding torture, kidnapping, phone bugging, removal of civil rights etc etc etc

Altakruri
And what about 2000 when the electral college
didn't coincide with the popular vote and Baby
Bush was made president? Popular vote does not
elect the president of the USA.

Ooops: was just informed that Obama is ahead of
Clinton now in the delegate tally but only by 4.

--------------------

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:

^^

quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):

Problems: Lot of blacks aware that he's a second generation African, and a lot of whites are aware that he's black. lol. Alot of blacks know and posit he'll either never get in or is just a trojan horse - in possibly more ways than one - for blacks.)

I called that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:

People in America want change. The other candidates do not seem to be able to inspire confidence that they will bring change. The key here is will Obama bring change or will it be more of the same?

Only time will tell.

I believe that no matter who becomes president, foreign policy will still be the same and the war on terror will still be a main focus. Domestic issues will change somewhat depending on whether it is a republican or democrat, with the republicans being more for the rich and the democrats seeming to do more for the lower income people.

But again, only time will tell how much change will really take place.

I still say that "change" has become a big part of the campaign, which is mainly to draw people into the system that has been so bankrupted by Bush and co. But the key players and key policies will not change even if there is some change to the window dressing to make it look different.

Truth. [Cool]
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paranoid Americans.

-

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
It was only matter of time!!

The media has started taking dissecting him. Listen to Talk Radio. The spin has already started. Seems they are becoming fearful. It is no longer “stop Hillary” but “stop Obama”. In their enthusiasm to stop Hillary they created a monster in Obama. He has become a run away train.

Shocking how Hannity switched gears a couple of days ago. Smerconish is taking about the breakdown of security in Obama’s detail in Dallas last weekend. How the security was pulled an hour before his speech. And of all places. . . .Dallas. He was making that point.

Seems like they changed their minds. They want a Hillary - McCain matchup.

--------------------

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best blog ever I have seen [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/

quote:
"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
So what now?! Media has switched to Hillary. Your boy is in for a hard stretch to the end. Media ia coming at him now.

--------------------

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So what now?! Media has switched to Hillary. Your boy is in for a hard stretch to the end. Media ia coming at him now.

Republican McCain trails Clinton and Obama: poll

Wednesday March 5, 8:03 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain trails Democrats Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in hypothetical matchups, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released on Wednesday.

Illinois Sen. Obama leads McCain by 12 percentage points -- 52 percent to 40 percent; New York Sen. Clinton leads McCain by 6 points -- 50 percent to 44 percent, the poll found.

McCain, an Arizona senator, has turned his attention to the November 4 general election after clinching his party's nomination on Tuesday night. Clinton and Obama are still locked in a close battle for the Democratic nomination.

McCain, endorsed by U.S. President George W. Bush, fares poorly against Clinton and Obama among Americans who disapprove of the president and Americans opposing the war, The Washington Post said.

About two-thirds of Americans disapprove of the way Bush is handling his job and think the war was not worth fighting, the newspaper said.

Age might be another obstacle for 71-year-old McCain, who if elected would be the oldest first-term president.

The percentage of Americans discouraged by McCain's age (27 percent) is more than double the number who would be less enthusiastic about supporting Obama, who would be the first African American president or Clinton, who would be the first female president, the Post reported.

In a campaign pitting McCain against Obama, the veteran Arizona lawmaker pulls ahead of the junior senator from Illinois on the question of "experience." Sixty-eight percent of Americans who favor experience over "change" support McCain. However, 80 percent of those who desire a new direction and new ideas favor Obama, the poll found.

In a matchup with Clinton, the Republican holds a wide lead among those seeking experience while Clinton wins two-thirds of voters seeking change, the newspaper reported.

Obama also leads McCain on top issues in the poll: the economy, health care, immigration and ethics in government. The survey shows McCain with a wide advantage as the one better suited to handle the U.S. campaign against terrorism, the Post said.

The random telephone poll of 1,126 adults was taken February 28 through March 2 and has a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080306/pl_nm/usa_politics_poll_dc_1;_ylt=AkMz4jkpRtvQ26FHRqodcOoE1vAI

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Heard the R's were encouraging their people to re-register D's then vote for Hillary in Texas. Any truth in that?

I know in Penn the neo-cons are asking their poeple to do that since McCain has it locked up already.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
A (NIGERIAN-AMERICAN) HIP-HOP BLOGGER'S PERSPECTIVE.

quote:
When we last left off, Mighty Casey explained why you should vote for Barack. Now he breaks it down, piece by piece.

Black Folks:

Don’t vote for Obama because he’s black. By implicating that blacks were voting for Obama just because he’s black, the media is patronizing black people as a whole. As group, black people have shown extremely good judgment as voters. Blacks supported JFK in large numbers, opposed the Vietnam war, opposed Nixon, supported Carter (who in retrospect was an excellent president), opposed Reagan (who despite republicans best efforts to deify him, was an extreme asshole), supported Clinton, and voted against Bush 90-10 and opposed the war in Iraq. Pretty good choices huh?
Still there are some blacks amongst us who are not supporting Obama. This is puzzling why would African Americans vote for a white candidate who is less charismatic, less articulate, less believable who also voted to kill Iraqi civilians for no good reason, sending many young African American soldiers to their death and taking away resources from the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Even if you believe that Hillary Clinton would be an equal president to Obama, think of what a black president could do for our community. Obama would give a hero to young blacks whose only heroes are 50 Cent and Alan Iverson. Maybe more blacks would go to law school, run for office, have dreams of getting into politics, and believe that they could be anything, including president, rather than playing with a basketball all day or rapping and selling crack. Also Clinton (Bill) and by extension Hillary is a racist. After Obama won South Carolina, Bill Clinton said ‘yeah he ran a good campaign, just like Jesse Jackson did in 84 and 88’ Why the **** is he bringing up Jesse Jackson???? What does Obama have to do with Jesse Jackson? What he is really saying is ‘Obama’s a nigger just like Jesse Jackson’s a nigger and like Jesse Jackson he won in South Carolina because there’s lots of niggers here and so did Obama and Just like Jesse Jackson he won’t get votes anywhere else cuz we don’t vote for niggers in the US’ Bill Clinton is not the 1st black president. I was down with bill before he said that. He reminds of the white guy whose real cool with black people until one of them tries to take his job or position, and then they become a nigger to him.

White Folks

1st off imagine that you had a white candidate with Obama’s charisma, qualifications and distinctions and tell me you wouldn’t vote for him. Admit y’all fucked up by getting Bush in office. If it wasn’t for the black vote, Bush would’ve won by a landslide both times. Even if the fact that Hillary voted for the war, or that she has the charisma of a Turtle hasn’t persuaded you vote for Obama, think of this. Both Bushes and Reagan have given white people a bad name across the globe. Given the fact that Obama’s father is from Africa and went to school in Indonesia Obama has the power not only to regain America’s popularity during the Clinton years but also to exceed it. We are competing with Russia and China for influence across the world and the face of America’s president is important. Obama already has a great deal of support around the world and it would be nice to see people across the world cheering for an American president. With his charisma and background, Obama could counter the influence of Islamic-fascism, which is very pervasive in Africa and the Middle East, and encourage those who may have hated the US to join our side.

Women

I feel you: a woman in the White House would be a refreshing change just not Hilary. It is women who feel the pain when their husbands died in Iraq. It is women who feel the pain when their family is killed by an errant predator missile, where is Hillary’s womanly compassion? Wouldn’t it be better to support a woman who earned the presidential nomination without having a famous ex president husband? If not for Bill Clinton would any of us even have heard of Hillary. Wouldn’t it be better to elect a woman who became elected and governed on her own merits, like Nancy Pelosi or Diane Feinstein? If Hillary wins everyone will be saying it’s because of Bill and if she runs the country every one would say that Bill’s still doing it. I think America should and will have a woman president. Oprah would make an excellent candidate (especially if Barrack wins). Angelina Jolie, due to her extensive international activism, also would make an excellent candidate. I doubt anyone would think that Stedman or dumb ass Brad Pitt was secretly running country.

Latinos

I understand that Hillary has been courting the Latino vote very aggressively. Don’t get gassed. If she wins she will turn on you quicker than rattlesnake to win the red states trust me it her m.o. Once she doesn’t need you it's off to do what she can to get elected. Obama is the child of an immigrant and has faced the same color based discrimination that all minorities have gone through in the states. Hillary flip flopped on the issue of drivers licenses for illegal aliens (which makes sense to anyone who’s ever been in a hit and run), and gives the right to drive (very important in America) to millions of undeclared Latinos) While Obama declared that he supported the right for illegals (how can a person be illegal) to drive. Don’t believe the hype once one of y’all try and take a job from the Clintons you’ll become just another spic to them just like Barack became another nigger.

Source: http://www.hiphopdx.com/blogs/meka/2008/02/15/mighty-casey-presents-the-case-for-obama-part-2.html
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The USA is an amazing country. To think that a 1st generation Kenyan hybrid actually has the high probability of becoming its president not based on race pandering as were any previously hopeful but politically ill equipped Black American candidates but because of requisiteskill and experience precursive to the office.

What is this man's socialization? Though not of
Middle Passage survivor descent was he raised by
his white mother in a black social environment?
How did he come to associate himself with that
religious institution of progressive Black and
African Americans? What ties does he hold onto

He is American in the full sense of the word and has roots (through his mother) despite his Kenyan Luo heritage! Most Americans do not know anything about Obama but the US socio-racial? category are what appears to drive perception about him. The photos of him in his tribal costume seems to have been repeated enough times where people are doubting his relgious orientation despite his pronouncements. They asked a group of Ohio unemployed autoworkers if they beileve Obama is Christian and they say they did not believe it! Only in America! So much information but s little understanding!

Obama is as educated as all of the other candidates so no one can claim otherwise but the backbiting of his rival is indeed a reflection of those type of people!

Obama for President of the WOrld!
Keep Hope ALive!

Ask not!!!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Have to disagree here.

- She made her name in her own right.

Health Care reform back in mid-90's. She had the "vision" to challenge the establishment on that. The country really needs that. She was a lone voice back then.

As a racist- think again. "it takes a village" speech. Again way back then.

I am happy for the bro but chrisma won't do it for me. I do admire his vision on Iraq.

But like most white people - Hillary was scared and got caught up in the 9/11 show.

So. . . .we need more than that to vote for Obama vs Clinton.

But what the heck I can't vote on this. Not a D.

quote:
Originally posted by HORUS^*^:
A (NIGERIAN-AMERICAN) HIP-HOP BLOGGER'S PERSPECTIVE.

quote:
If not for Bill Clinton would any of us even have heard of Hillary. .

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE FROM AN AFRICAN-AMERICAN HIP-HOP BLOGGER

quote:

“If you’re not turned on to politics, politics will turn on you.” - Ralph Nader

There’s a certain benefit to being an idiot in this country, in that, you may not have any idea of what’s going on in the world, but you know what? There’s still way more of you than there are of smart people. I’m always reminded of this when I’m watching the coverage of this year’s presidential election and I see people espousing views I held years ago, way before they were all trendy.

For example, one of the biggest of last night’s Democratic primaries was in Ohio, where, as the media keeps reminding us, NAFTA is a big issue. Mad people are out of a job and now mofos are convinced it’s because of free trade. If only they could have arrived at this point of view a long time ago, when literally probably all of them were voting for candidates who were in favor of that ****. (Like the Iraq War, NAFTA was one of those issues that didn’t even seem like a good idea in the first place.)

I think part of it though is that NAFTA provides cover for a race issue that the media is trying to cover up for whatever reason. Is it political correctness, or is the media just that oblivious? Either way, I think it’s obvious that the reason Hillary Clinton did as well as she did last night in Ohio and Texas is the same reason she did so well in California: the sheer abundance of poor people and hispanics in those two states, i.e. Hillary’s base at this point.

And I think it’s obvious that the reason these two groups are so strong in their support for Hillary, since there’s no real political case for them to support her as opposed to Barack Obama (which is not to say that there’s much of a case for him either - I’m just saying), is because she’s white, and Obama’s black - and as some cracka-ass cracka put it on 60 Minutes the other day, possibly a Muslim.

Of course the mainstream media isn’t even gonna have the sheer balls to raise that as a possibility, but I think it’s obvious when you look at the two candidates’ respective constituencies. The more educated and hence less racist a person is (it’s true, look it up), the more likely they are to support Barack Obama. Hillary Clinton wouldn’t even still be in the race at this point if it wasn’t for the sheer demographic strength of hillbillies in this country.

And apparently they came out for her in force last night - the irony of course being that Hillary is married to the mofo who signed NAFTA in the first place. She claims that just because she was married to him doesn’t necessarily mean that she was for it, but I’m at a loss for any instance in which she actually said she was against it until just now.

Her horseshit defense on this issue, in fact, reminds me of Barack Obama’s stance on the Iraq War. She wasn’t in any position to have a say one way or another back when the **** began, but since she’s been in the Senate, what has she accomplished to that end? Nothing. And in that sense, why should we expect her to do the right thing if she’s elected president? The answer, of course, is that we shouldn’t.

It’s important to note, however, that neither of the Democratic candidates left in the race at this point is actually in favor of pulling out of NAFTA. Barack Obama may have worked in some anti-NAFTA rhetoric into his stump in Ohio, but he’s not actually against it. He was just doing his usual pandering. The only Democratic candidate who was, was Dennis Kucinich, and now he’s off in… erm, Ohio somewhere trying desperately to hold onto his seat in Congress.

And then of course there’s Ralph Nader, but we can’t vote for him, right? He can’t win!

So basically what we have here is a group of people who couldn’t be any more down and out (though these next several years could prove otherwise), and yet they’re gonna vote against their own interest. On the hand, the tendency is to want to say, **** these people. If they’re that stupid (not to mention probably racist), they deserve to fester and die in some squalid, post-industrial shithole.

But on the other hand, you can’t help but feel a certain duty to try to talk some sense into these people - if not because you believe life is sacred and God and the Bible, and I don’t, then because it’s in my own interest to try to affect some sort of real - not just rhetorical - change in this country. And self-preservation is, after all, the first law of nature.

Also, call me crazy, but I’m not convinced that there couldn’t be a legit third party movement in this country, which is what I’m convinced it’s gonna take if there’s ever gonna be anything other than the same **** we’ve always had. If ignorant-ass white people can be convinced that free trade that’s not actually free trade is the reason they live in a trailer, maybe we can even convince them to vote against it.

****, maybe we can even talk some sense into some black people. Or is that too much wishful thinking, especially in a year in which we’ve got the first black candidate light skinted enough to be taken seriously? Maybe Hillary Clinton can still manage to pull this one out, and so there’ll be some nasty, race-based resentment. We can capitalize on that!

In his latest bid for the presidency, Ralph Nader is being dismissed as a nutjob, way out on the fringe of political beliefs. But as Ted Rall points out in a recent column (one of the better stories I’ve read on Nader so far - I also enjoyed this one), today’s fringe belief is tomorrow’s conventional wisdom. After 9/11 less than 10% of this country realized what an awful president Sieg Howdy is. Now, pretty much everyone does. And all of this country’s greatest political achievements, from emancipation, to the 40-hour work week, to women’s suffrage (though the greatness of that one is debatable) started out as fringe beliefs.

As Rall also points out, Nader’s beliefs can hardly be characterized as “fringe,” in that they’re often more in line with a majority of the American people than the views espoused by the leading candidates. For example, Nader, as well as a majority of the American people, believes Sieg Howdy deserves to be impeached. Obama and Clinton refuse to consider it one way or another. Most people are in favor of single-payer health care, as is Ralph Nader. But Obama and Clinton are in favor of corporate health care. (I wonder why that is…) Obama’s plan wouldn’t even make sure everyone is covered.

On Ralph Nader’s campaign website, VoteNader.org, there’s a whole litany of issues in which Ralph Nader has taken the stance that’s in the best interest of the majority of the people in this country, and on which Barack and Hillary, quite frankly, fucking suck balls. I would challenge anyone reading this to take a look at that list and try to explain to me how voting for Barack Or Hillary is supposed to be a good idea.

The only case I could even see is that so many other people are planning to vote for them that Nader doesn’t stand a chance. But since when has the fact that everyone else is doing it ever been a good idea to do anything? Throwing away your vote on a candidate who can’t win might seem insane, but isn’t the definition of insanity continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results?

That’s what continuing to vote for the same people we always vote for (even if they’re kinda black this time) would be. Insane.

Source: http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=20074
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soo far it seems that he'll win the nomination given that he isn't robbed by the super delegates. He has a 104 delegate lead, meaning that she'd have to win the rest (of the contests) 65-35 just to catch up, and even then she can't catch him in pledged/elected delegates. He's also wining the popular vote by nearly 1 million (literally) votes and won considerably more states overall (28-16, or something like that).

As far as his whte ancestry, i'm sure he loves his mom, but i hear that he doesn't embrace it. His base has always ben in the Black American community, starting with his days as a community organizer in Chicago. You guys should get his book, "The Audacity of Hope". He won a Grammy for the audio version of it this year.

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:
Paranoid Americans.

-

Typical U.S. fear mongering. This is how Clinton won Ohio and Texas. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^if you think that was a smear campaign, wait until you hear from Louis Farrakhan [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Going negative appears to have worked for Clinton, so we’re likely to see plenty more of it. Clinton herself said that McCain was more qualified to be commander in chief than Obama. That’s sure to show up in Republican speeches and ads during the general election campaign. The Clinton campaign, which has failed at everything else, prefers to play in the mud anyway. Tuesday’s results mean plenty more filth will fly, and a battered Democratic nominee will face McCain in November. You can bet that there’s a Clinton staffer desperately searching for a picture of Obama and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan. If that staffer is as ambitious as Clinton, they’ve already got their PhotoShop program loaded. The great irony is that if Clinton gets the nomination by taking a hatchet to Obama, the only way to bring the party together and repair the damage will be to summon the bleeding Obama as her running mate. “This ticket will self-destruct in five seconds,” the recording ends, in a puff of smoke.
Link
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It never ceases to amaze me how the Black Collective (Africans at home and in the Diaspora) fail to decipher symbols of the White Supremacist system of things or decode the thoghts and intentions of the White Collective (in this case - European-Americans).

If any of us are delusional enough to think that an African-American would sit in the White House, Wasington DC, US of A (present day Imperial Rome of the White Collective) as Emperor; we simply don't understand how their system of things function, in their zealous quest to maintain world domination.

Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AL T,

The possibility of BHO being POTUS is not so farfetched because it has happened aleady in history.

Examples: the British Royal family adored and maintained by the British people--free of charge--is of direct German ancestry.

The British were also ruled by the invader king William of Orange.

Napoleon Bonaparte--revered imperial emperor of France--was from Corsica--not France.

And wasn't Lorenzo de Medici an Italian feudal prince of partial African parentage?

I also know that the Italian born wife of Rajiv Ghandi could easily have become Prime Minister of India if she wanted to, etc.

The Obama phenomenon--if successful--can be attributed to the well-know human trait of wanting to be liked and admired.

Right now the world reputatation of the U.S. is very, very low even among its kith and kin nations of Europe. The reasons are well-known. That's why many Americans when they travel say that they are Canadians to avoid the usual criticisms.

With Obama as POTUS[President of the US] Americans will note that they could now travel anywhere and be again liked or admired by the general public. Obama as HOS will help lighten the burden of being American. That's why the U.S. whites who go for Obama are usually wealthy, highly educated and travel a lot outside the U.S.

They probably tell themselves that 4 or 8 years of Obama couldn't be all that bad--given that at least 90% of his advisors will be of European stock. And in case he makes any decisions the Americans do not like the powerful media will just step in to chastise him.

Furthermore, in all objectivity the vast majority of U.S. presidents have been of poor (ex-serf) Anglo-Saxon, German, and Irish-Scottish stock.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Where did I hear it said American/European Imperilaism and Apartheid was dead and buried? Hmm.
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Speaking of which, how many of you have seen this picture created by Republicans??

Obama/Osama
 -

Posts: 26337 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Nice one DJ,

Forgot to add propaganda (state sanctioned or authorised misinformation). I rest my case!!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com