EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » African vs. Black (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: African vs. Black
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am currently hooked by Ralph Ellison, and one of his novels , "Mister Toussan",
emphasizes boys' imaginative power. The two boys, in the novel, converse on life elsewhere. Buster, says that he would go north, where he could be free, and begins to talk about Africa and Africans whom he thinks are "the most lazy folks in the whole world...just black and lazy!"

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Mmmkay: Sorry I wrote my post at the same time as you posted yours. Agreed.
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use Black or African or whatever term fits for whatever situation. But, appearance does not change with semantics.
Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Precisely.
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see Stormfront has found his black counterpart.
Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Go wash your boodie [Razz]

--------------------
Dont be evil - Google

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mmmkay:
^ Go wash your boodie [Razz]

Yes, i was talking about this board part of the forum,it is like a black version of Stormfront.
Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are absolutely undoubtedly 100% correct.
In a very short time this forum has been
reduced to the level of low/no scholarship
ideological black/Africa uber alles shitshat.

quote:
Originally posted by prmiddleeastern:
... this ... forum ... is ... a black ... Stormfront.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMT
Member # 12050

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for JMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Nonsense!

I've had the unpleasant experience of visiting stormfront on several occasions where they routinely threaten people with violence and openly discuss committing genetic/genocidal experiments against blacks and others.

Whatever disagreements you have with this site, it's certainly no stormfront.

Posts: 148 | From: Sirius | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, it's not a complete storm - howzabout ShowerFront instead?
Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by JMT:
quote:

Nonsense!

I've had the unpleasant experience of visiting stormfront on several occasions where they routinely threaten people with violence and openly discuss committing genetic/genocidal experiments against blacks and others.

This site should have a banner "black pride, world wide" [Wink]
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Nonsense!

yes, you harass people here who don't share you afrocentrist view of history,yes, this board is a black Stormfront.
JMT
Member # 12050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nonsense!

yes, you harass people here who don't share you afrocentrist view of history,yes, this board is a black Stormfront.
Then why stay on ES? Obviously you feel comfortable here and not stormfront. Contributing 473 post on ES says something, no? How many post do you have on stormfront?

Like most others, me visiting stormfront wasn't to become member of share dialogue, but to snoop. I knew what they were all about so there really wasn't any point with me conversing with those maniacs.

Posts: 148 | From: Sirius | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMT
Member # 12050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yes, you harass people here who don't share you afrocentrist view of history,yes, this board is a black Stormfront. [/QB]

"Harassing" is one thing. Threatening people with physical harm is another. ES is no stormfront.
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Still, the motto here is "black pride. world wide"
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nonsense!

Then why stay on ES? Obviously you feel comfortable here and not stormfront. Contributing 473 post on ES says something, no? How many post do you have on stormfront?

Like most others, me visiting stormfront wasn't to become member of share dialogue, but to snoop. I knew what they were all about so there really wasn't any point with me conversing with those maniacs.

I post on both sites and i have critiziced on both sides, both of you are subjective extremists who follow your ideals with feelings and emotions and not reason and facts.
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ While you post nothing of substantive value save whining?

--------------------
Dont be evil - Google

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
^ While you post nothing of substantive value save whining?

yes, perhaps I will try to clean the board you extremists have filled with your imaginative ideals.
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
^ One whos authority? No ones.

The fact is, no one asked you to post here. In any case, its not as "extreme" as you may think. I'm sorry that africanist topics and discussion bother you. Not my problem. If you have nothing to contribute to the topic then simply leave my thread.

scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
^ One whos authority? No ones.

The fact is, no one asked you to post here. In any case, its not as "extreme" as you may think. I'm sorry that africanist topics and discussion bother you. Not my problem. If you have nothing to contribute to the topic then simply leave my thread.

yes, perhaps I will do, I will leave you to your Afrocentric ideals.
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
^ Please -----> use the door.

--------------------
Dont be evil - Google

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^co-sign.

I have no time for people who allege they know someone else's ideals yet fail to specify what it is they have a problem with.

And no, prmiddleeastern does not look like an egyptian. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

^prmiddleeastern. Click his pick to see him attempt to rap in his vid. It's Fillarious. It's why he's now a hater and yes, I just made up "fillarious", it's an appropriate situation.

Peace, prmiddleeastern.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nonsense!

Citation please or sh* the f*k up.

Certain individuals do harrass people, I can think of two off the top excluding argyle who I don't consider a member (I consider banned hore more of a member) but most don't.

Though I have seen rasol harrass AMR1 in an old thread but AMR1 was harrassing the moderator's Egyptian ethnicity, simply because the moderator disagreed with him.

It's more like if you go to an archaeological forum and constantly proclaim extra-terrestrials are really dinosaur's who've just went back intime to bury their bones to fool us,

-

and ask if you look like one

yo as is gettin laughed out of the forum.

It may seem I'm being mean, but your in-sensitive, let's call it even.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you know that's prmiddleeastern?

If you read how he puts his sentences together (overall) on this website it's like his command of English isn't where it should be. The kid in the video doesn't have an accent at all, which is what his sentence structure on this website indicates he should have. I was sure prmiddleeastern said he was from the Island of Puerto Rico itself. Furthermore the kid in the video doesn't look like the picture prmiddleeastern posted a couple of months ago even when the extreme wide-angle lens is used in the video. His closeup photo from a couple of months ago used a wide-angle lens for exaggeration (nose) but I don't see the resemblance in the video.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote to ponder

quote:
In the Middle Ages and later, the nobility, as a rule, considered themselves of better blood than the common people, whom they utterly despised. The peasants were supposed to be descended from Ham, who, for lack of foliar piety, was known to have been condemned by Noah to slavery. The knightly classes of many lands, on the other hand, believed themselves to be the descendants of the Trojan heroes, who after the fall of Troy were said to have settled in England, France and Germany. This theory was seriously maintained not only in numerous songs and tales of knightly deeds, but also in many scholars works”
Friedrich Hertz.Race and Civilization, KTAV, 1970, p. 4; see also Hannah Arendt, The Orgins of Totalitarianism,Meridian Books, Cleaveland, 1958, pp. 161-65.

extended further by Count Gobineau in the mid-19th century to include bourgeoisie.

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
^co-sign.

I have no time for people who allege they know someone else's ideals yet fail to specify what it is they have a problem with.

And no, prmiddleeastern does not look like an egyptian. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

^prmiddleeastern. Click his pick to see him attempt to rap in his vid. It's Fillarious. It's why he's now a hater and yes, I just made up "fillarious", it's an appropriate situation.

Peace, prmiddleeastern.

That is not me,I posted a pic of me on this board, and it is still here, just search for it.
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nonsense!

Citation please or sh* the f*k up.

Certain individuals do harrass people, I can think of two off the top excluding argyle who I don't consider a member (I consider banned hore more of a member) but most don't.

Though I have seen rasol harrass AMR1 in an old thread but AMR1 was harrassing the moderator's Egyptian ethnicity, simply because the moderator disagreed with him.

It's more like if you go to an archaeological forum and constantly proclaim extra-terrestrials are really dinosaur's who've just went back intime to bury their bones to fool us,

-

and ask if you look like one

yo as is gettin laughed out of the forum.

It may seem I'm being mean, but your in-sensitive, let's call it even.

Still, your views on here are more subjective than objective, and I rely more on objective views than on subjective ones because objectivity is more factual.
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he posted the picture as a joke of some kind. There are enough smilies to make one wonder.
Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone define what the phenotype of what "black" is. With out genetic info or info on their ancestry...I want to be able to just look at someone irregardless of where they come from and say...he's black.
Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
^ I thought that was obvious. Nevetheless we still have yet to hear abot prmiddleasterns suppossed "objective facts" as it relates to the topic of disscussion. Just more blowing of hot air.

--------------------
Dont be evil - Google

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
I think the simple argument is from a ''white'' and ''black'' skin perspective. If you don't look like Finns, Swedes (rosy cheeks) and the like then you have to have black in you... somewhere down the line.

But this point presupposes a beginning of skin color someplace in antiquity. Since no one can say for sure then there are bound to be comments like mine, right or wrong.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People's definitions of black vary.

We have the less popular heavily melanated+ (proly these guys and up [Roll Eyes] ) definition of black, to the more popular and encyclopedic use of, black, as anyone significantly melanated and especially African (any - one - of these - peoples).

-

Basically anyone within the natural range of African skin tones (anyone darker or the same as how light some San more often get.

I lean toward the latter definition. I could post you one of those Asian children posted at my limits of black, if you want.

For Americans, black is a reference to an ethnicity that includes anyone who can prove any African ancestry. These days it's cool to be black, but not black.

quote:
Originally posted by Grumman f6f:

(joke) lol

quote:
prmiddleeastern said:

Still, your views on here are more subjective than objective,

Specifics?

Citations?

quote:
and I rely more on
You can prove what you - say you - rely on by actually relying more on it.

This includes:
  • posting information and or studies finds or articles in favor of a point you with to make
  • no more bashing the forum, "prideful blacks", etc out of (subjective) ethnic bias. [Smile]

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
That young kid on the ''any'' link looks like a young Damon Jones of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Yeah I agree on the joke bit. When I first saw it, I thought that's what it was but succumbed to it anyway.

scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
People's definitions of black vary.

We have the less popular heavily melanated+ (proly these guys and up [Roll Eyes] ) definition of black, to the more popular and encyclopedic use of, black, as anyone significantly melanated and especially African (any - one - of these - peoples).

-

Basically anyone within the natural range of African skin tones (anyone darker or the same as how light some San more often get.

I lean toward the latter definition. I could post you one of those Asian children posted at my limits of black, if you want.

For Americans, black is a reference to an ethnicity that includes anyone who can prove any African ancestry. These days it's cool to be black, but not black.

quote:
Originally posted by Grumman f6f:

(joke) lol

quote:
prmiddleeastern said:

Still, your views on here are more subjective than objective,

Specifics?

Citations?

quote:
and I rely more on
You can prove what you - say you - rely on by actually relying more on it.

This includes:
  • posting information and or studies finds or articles in favor of a point you with to make
  • no more bashing the forum, "prideful blacks", etc out of (subjective) ethnic bias. [Smile]

Why black peple identify much with Egyptians,Egyptians are africans, but they aren't like West Africans,they are different from them,and I don't see the need to praise them as they were the only representation of black culture, because they aren't.
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Can someone define what the phenotype of what "black" is. With out genetic info or info on their ancestry...I want to be able to just look at someone irregardless of where they come from and say...he's black.
Blackness is a social construct...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
quote:
Blackness is a social construct...
Exactly, meaning it is subjective.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Yep vage description terms can be obfuscated -> but things you can't object to are origination points, genetic, phenetic and cultural affinities, and ethnic origin points ... all objective evidence [Wink] .

Black is no more a subjective term than "middle eastern" or "caucasian" or "mediterranean", and they all can be and have been used in a deceptive manner (stemming from the user's defintion).

quote:

Why black peple identify much with Egyptians

Is a perfect example of a subjective statement.

Most black Americans I know don't give a rats Azz about Egypt, but some might upon confirming suspicians by learning it was African after having previously detected bias in a presentation of ancient egypt.

quote:
,Egyptians are africans, but they aren't like
Filipinos aren't exactly like Burmese (natives of Myanmar), Taiwanese, Thais, or Japanese.

map.

Indigenous North Americans aren't like the indigenies of South America.

note: saying that something is like something else is SUBJECTIVE. [Smile]

The reason no one takes you on is because you're far too easy.

quote:
West Africans,they are different from them,and I don't see the need to praise them as they were the only representation of black culture, because they aren't.
= subjective lol
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Nice and proper rebuttal. This pr guy isn't on anyone's level here, so I suggest taking it easy on him like you said. Both his brain processes and physical appearance (he resembles a fat kid with downs syndrome) are inferior.

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KemsonReloaded
Member # 14127

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KemsonReloaded     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:

The word “Black” has no historical or cultural association, it was a name born when Africans were broken down in to transferable labor units and transported as chattel to the Americas

^ Of course, this well meaning thesis is as misguided as it is predictable in the course and causes of its errors, and so easily shown to be wrong, as the word Black actually has -far greater- historical resonance than the word African.

It's also far more powerful.

Indeed the very need to devote threadspace to -AGONIZE OVER IT- is a product of the terms provocative power.

If there is no Africa - then still there is Black.

If there is no Europe - still there is Black.

Slavery? That word is linked to the Slavs- the true 'caucasian' ethnic groups of Europe who were the original slaves - of Arabs, Africans and other Europeans.

Slavery has nothing whatsoever to do with Black.

At any rate - I offer a simple opening challenge to the topic author.

The word for Black in Ancient Egyptian is -> Kemet.

What word in Ancient Egyptian means 'Africa.' (?)

If you cannot provide this word, I submit that your thesis is stillborn, and is not even worth further discussion, though like too many stillborn threads...it will probably engender [pointless] additional discussion anyway.

Solid!
Posts: 213 | From: New York City, USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
[QB] ^^Nice and proper rebuttal. This pr guy isn't on anyone's level here, so I suggest taking it easy on him like you said.[qb]

I had my reasons, but you're right.

quote:
Both his brain processes and physical appearance (he resembles a fat kid with downs syndrome) are inferior.
[Big Grin] ROFL! That was funny, but mean.

Geez, what did he say about 'us' or you in that "African American/s" thread (forget which one) to provoke that?

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^I forgot.. I just remember that I don't like him. [Smile] That was indeed harsh though and I apologize to him and whoever else for the insult.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:
^^I forgot.. I just remember that I don't like him. [Smile]

LOL

Yeah, it was harsh, but I still don't apologize for the lmbaoo @ that comment.

scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
^Yep vage description terms can be obfuscated -> but things you can't object to are origination points, genetic, phenetic and cultural affinities, and ethnic origin points ... all objective evidence [Wink] .

they share the same origins, but they aren't the same culture.

quote:

Why black peple identify much with Egyptians

quote:
Is a perfect example of a subjective statement.

Most black Americans I know don't give a rats Azz about Egypt, but some might upon confirming suspicians by learning it was African after having previously detected bias in a presentation of ancient egypt.

as i said Egypt is not part of West Africa's culture.

QUOTE],Egyptians are africans, but they aren't like [/QUOTE]
quote:
Filipinos aren't exactly like Burmese (natives of Myanmar), Taiwanese, Thais, or Japanese.

map.

Exactly, so Egyptians aren't West Africans, were Afro-americans descend from.

quote:
West Africans,they are different from them,and I don't see the need to praise them as they were the only representation of black culture, because they aren't.
= subjective lol
[/QUOTE]Exactly, was objectivity does praising Egyptians have, nothing objective about it.
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
Geez, what did he say about 'us' or you in that "African American/s" thread (forget which one) to provoke that?

So I made your pride bleed throught the floor, ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
^^I forgot.. I just remember that I don't like him. [Smile] That was indeed harsh though and I apologize to him and whoever else for the insult.

Because I bleed your superblack pride throught the floor, that's why.
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:

No, you will just have to apologize to all Syndrome Down kids or that comment, I lost pounds since tha pic, but continue showng your black "intelligence".
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
quote:
Because I bleed your superblack pride throught the floor, that's why.
^ Thats right. All you "uppity negroes" on this forum should know your place. Let that be an example.

--------------------
Dont be evil - Google

Whatbox
Member # 10819

^^ROFL

quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:

map.

quote:
Exactly, so Egyptians aren't West Africans,

Your face isn't like your mom's. [Big Grin]

quote:
Exactly, was objectivity does praising Egyptians have, nothing objective about it.
I could ask the same question about praising your mom. What's objective about praising your mom? Nothing objective about it.
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
^^ROFL

quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:

map.

quote:
Exactly, so Egyptians aren't West Africans,

Your face isn't like your mom's. [Big Grin]

quote:
Exactly, was objectivity does praising Egyptians have, nothing objective about it.
I could ask the same question about praising your mom. What's objective about praising your mom? Nothing objective about it.

Yes, I agree they are africans, but not West African people, not related to African American in that sense, and no family love have nothing objective,but as I said you aren't related to Egyptians no more than you live on the same continent.Now you have just told me than your praise for Egyptians is a subjective matter. [Wink]
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most Europeans aren't Greeks or Romans, but yet and still they praise Greece and Rome. No matter where they are from in Europe, they consider Greece and Rome their heritage, even though most Europeans have no DIRECT ancestry or cultural links to ancient Greece or Rome. Egyptians not being from West Africa has nothing to do with them being praised and acknowledged by Africans as Africans. Europeans not being Greek and Romans does not stop them from praising those cultures as European. The point is that all these people are African as a collective, whether each group has the same culture or identity or not. All Europeans are Europeans, whether they are from Eastern Europe, Western Europe or Northern Europe. It is still a collective identity. Africans have every right to praise ancient Egypt as an African culture as it is part of the African collective identity, which consists of many cultures and identities. And yes, there is a common pattern of culture that does connect ancient Egypt with other African cultures.

As an example, headrests. Headrests are used very widely in East Africa and in ancient Egypt. This is not something that came from anywhere else but Africa, as cultures outside Africa do not share this custom.

http://www.africanheadrests.com/

Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com