EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » West Africa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: West Africa
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the earliest date that West Africa was populated with modern human beings?

Does anyone have a migration or dispersal map of West Africa?

How old is the male "B" lineage and how did it get all the way to West Africa and at what time?

Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is a 'modern human being'?????
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have found archaic hominids in West Africa. I am not talking about them I am talking about anatomically modern human beings.
Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this what you are look for?

Swiss Archaeologist Digs Up West Africa's Past

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=004658

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wolofi:
How old is the male "B" lineage and how did it get all the way to West Africa and at what time?

Haplogroup B (M60)

M60 defines haplogroup B, an ancient African lineage that originated some 50,000 to 60,000 years ago. As with most very old lines of descent, it has a broad dispersal. Today it is found across the African continent. Many different African peoples share this genetic marker. Often these unique populations, like the Bayaka and Mbuti pygmies, are themselves quite ancient.

-

-

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The peopling of West Africa is quite recent compare to the peopling of Central, East and Southern Africa based on genetics and archeology, however it is of interest to notice that Haplogroup B is the most common ancient haplogroups outside the East-Southern Africa corridor...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
quote:

Haplogroup B (M60)

M60 defines haplogroup B, an ancient African lineage that originated some 50,000 to 60,000 years ago. As with most very old lines of descent, it has a broad dispersal. Today it is found across the African continent. Many different African peoples share this genetic marker. Often these unique populations, like the Bayaka and Mbuti pygmies, are themselves quite ancient.

-

-

can you give me the website with the migration lines of Africa that you have the picture of? I would like to see the whole thing
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
National Geographics, genographics is where it came from.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
quote:
can you give me the website with the migration lines of Africa that you have the picture of? I would like to see the whole thing

National Geographic: The Genographic Project
by Dr. Spencer Wells

This website is not easy to navigate, but that being said

Bookmark this url and follow my instructions:

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/atlas.html

Go down to the bottom right side of the screen and hit the + button at the GENETIC MARKERS link.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately either Wells or the folks under hime working in the genographic project have a hard time making clear the African origins of E3b. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26267 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They "say" it is Near East o which is ambigous. However when you look at there map, it shows E3b orginating correctly, in East Africa.

Did my y haplo group testing with them, recently.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
What were your results?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com