This is topic West Africa in forum Deshret at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000214

Posted by Wolofi (Member # 14892) on :

What is the earliest date that West Africa was populated with modern human beings?

Does anyone have a migration or dispersal map of West Africa?

How old is the male "B" lineage and how did it get all the way to West Africa and at what time?

Posted by Jo Nongowa (Member # 14918) on :

What is a 'modern human being'?????

They have found archaic hominids in West Africa. I am not talking about them I am talking about anatomically modern human beings.

Posted by Myra Wysinger (Member # 10126) on :

Is this what you are look for?

Swiss Archaeologist Digs Up West Africa's Past

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=004658

quote:
Originally posted by Wolofi:
How old is the male "B" lineage and how did it get all the way to West Africa and at what time?

Haplogroup B (M60)

M60 defines haplogroup B, an ancient African lineage that originated some 50,000 to 60,000 years ago. As with most very old lines of descent, it has a broad dispersal. Today it is found across the African continent. Many different African peoples share this genetic marker. Often these unique populations, like the Bayaka and Mbuti pygmies, are themselves quite ancient.

-

-

Posted by Habari (Member # 14738) on :

The peopling of West Africa is quite recent compare to the peopling of Central, East and Southern Africa based on genetics and archeology, however it is of interest to notice that Haplogroup B is the most common ancient haplogroups outside the East-Southern Africa corridor...

quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
quote:

Haplogroup B (M60)

M60 defines haplogroup B, an ancient African lineage that originated some 50,000 to 60,000 years ago. As with most very old lines of descent, it has a broad dispersal. Today it is found across the African continent. Many different African peoples share this genetic marker. Often these unique populations, like the Bayaka and Mbuti pygmies, are themselves quite ancient.

-

-

can you give me the website with the migration lines of Africa that you have the picture of? I would like to see the whole thing

Posted by xyyman (Member # 13597) on :

National Geographics, genographics is where it came from.

quote:
can you give me the website with the migration lines of Africa that you have the picture of? I would like to see the whole thing

National Geographic: The Genographic Project
by Dr. Spencer Wells

This website is not easy to navigate, but that being said

Bookmark this url and follow my instructions:

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/atlas.html

Go down to the bottom right side of the screen and hit the + button at the GENETIC MARKERS link.

Posted by Djehuti (Member # 6698) on :

Unfortunately either Wells or the folks under hime working in the genographic project have a hard time making clear the African origins of E3b. [Embarrassed]

Posted by xyyman (Member # 13597) on :

They "say" it is Near East o which is ambigous. However when you look at there map, it shows E3b orginating correctly, in East Africa.

Did my y haplo group testing with them, recently.

What were your results?

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com