EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » anyone have some genetic info on the genome of Eritreans? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: anyone have some genetic info on the genome of Eritreans?
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are so light skinned what are they mixed with?
Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Africa I, Habari, Red, White, and Blue, Wolofi are all the same sock puppet. Are you also Jo Nongowawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Look here Habari, er um Red, White, and Brainless er um Loon Time Toney. Why don't you try getting a life. This boy is mentally unbalanced worrying about the looks of Africans and needing them to be mixed. Boy, your ass is totally abnormal.

J 2 P!!!!!!

J 2 P!!!!!!

J 2 P!!!!!!

J 2 P!!!!!!

J 2 P!!!!!!

: ) For those not in the know J2P stands for (Just Too Pitiful)

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They are so light skinned what are they mixed with?
Crude as he may be, argyle has a point. I've noticed a similar pattern in your other posts. Why do you associate lighter than average skin color in tropical african derived populations to be "mixture"?

This is not always the case. You seem to have an unhealthy fixation with such things.

--------------------
Dont be evil - Google

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked if anyone had genetic studies on these people. Either provide or don't respond. Is that so hard?

Argyle might be gay or something I have no desire to respond with a male obsessed with antagonizing other males on a forum and the only thing he contributes is Afro-Nazi lies about Afro Americans being from Egypt, North Africa and East Africa....SAD!!!!

Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Honestly, he sad alot of things, most of them flame-bait, but I have never seen him say that African Americans were coming from egypt.
Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fellati achawi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Crude as he may be, argyle has a point. I've noticed a similar pattern in your other posts. Why do you associate lighter than average skin color in tropical african derived populations to be "mixture"?

This is not always the case. You seem to have an unhealthy fixation with such things.

Thisi is common among wolof people, especially amongst ones that i know in which they say things like " i [think that fulani r mixed because they are light skinned.

--------------------
لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله

Posts: 495 | From: anchorage, alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoo ... even a Dinka's not black according to your average Wolof. Hahaha!!!
Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

LOL, naw man Dinkas are definitely black lol. Whats up man where have you been this forum is dying it needs you back!!
USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for USA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wolofi:
quote:

LOL, naw man Dinkas are definitely black lol. Whats up man where have you been this forum is dying it needs you back!!
If you don't mind me asking, are you 100% Wolof? And of which country? I have specific interest in Wolof people, they are part of my national heritage.
Posts: 40 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
From SUNUGUL, how are "Wolof" a part of your heritage?!?!?
USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for USA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

To be more exact, they form part of the ancestry of the Dominican Republic.
They are specifically mentioned as a particularly proud people and formed the first recorded slave rebellion:
tThe first major recorded demonstration of African resistance in the Americas took place on Christmas Day, 1521, when 20 enslaved Wolofs (Africans from Senegal and Gambia) rose in rebellion on an ingenio (sugar factory) 100 km north west of Santo Domingo.
http://www.antislavery.org/breakingthesilence/slave_routes/slave_routes_dominicanrepublic.shtml

This is part of the reason Spain preferred to import slaves from further south of the Senegambian region.

Posts: 40 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

^ And then you could leave, that would also help.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by USA:
quote:

They are specifically mentioned as a particularly proud people and formed the first recorded slave rebellion:
tThe first major recorded demonstration of African resistance in the Americas took place on Christmas Day, 1521, when 20 enslaved Wolofs (Africans from Senegal and Gambia) rose in rebellion on an ingenio (sugar factory) 100 km north west of Santo Domingo.
http://www.antislavery.org/breakingthesilence/slave_routes/slave_routes_dominicanrepublic.shtml

This is part of the reason Spain preferred to import slaves from further south of the Senegambian region.

I don't think any Wolofi were enslaved but I think you are talking about Mende. They did start many revolts in the Carribean. I would get a DNA test if I were you to be sure what your heritage is.
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:
quote:

^ And then you could leave, that would also help.
Get a life you bitter fat boy, if I want to talk to you I will address you personally. Just because your life is miserable and all you have is some little obscure forum to make your inferior mind feel better about yourself doesn't mean you have to be bitter to everyone.

Grow up and be happy [Smile]

Life is TOO short, get one before it is gone Rasol you have been doing this for over 8 years and to no avail. No books, no websites, no publishing just a bunch of time waisted with no work put forth and you have the nerve to criticize people like Winters or Washington [Roll Eyes]

HATER!!

USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by USA:
quote:

I don't think any Wolofi were enslaved but I think you are talking about Mende. They did start many revolts in the Carribean. I would get a DNA test if I were you to be sure what your heritage is.
Actually some Wolof slaves were imported:
http://books.google.com/books?id=ITr8LeWdcdoC&pg=PA126&lpg=PA126&dq=wolof+slaves&source=web&ots=4PfOuQahO1&sig=wmwq26NREqnOh1yc7hATBbOQFzQ&hl=en
"Spanish colonies tried to exclude Wolof slaves as "haughty and rebellious" with vain presumptions to be knights"
I haven't taken any DNA test, but the results of a DNA study in Dominican Republic will be made available sometime in May, prelimanary results do show African genetic ancestry.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolofi

No time for ethnic pride. Even born in Germany
Germans wound up on the nigra slave auction
block. Don't believe me? Ask Sally Miller.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
quote:
Wolofi

Really how did that happen? IS this why on some genetic charts I see German genome with African ancestry in them?
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Wolofi is not Afriacn/Black.
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Wolofi is not African/Black.
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
^ J Nongowa is not Human/Intelligent
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not genetics just greed for the love of money!

GOOGLE Sally Miller for yourself.
There were even "tanneries" to
darken white orphans or runaways
who were then put up on the block.

Everyone needs a basic set of J A Rogers
- Sex and Race (esp. vols 1 & 2)
- Nature Knows No Color Line
- Africa's Gift to America
or just get the "coloring book"
- Your History
(this was once published in the newspapers
like Marmaduke or The Lockhorns except its
teaching African diasporic history, a good
old idea that needs to be resusitated into
todays Black newspapers.)

quote:
quote:
Wolofi

Really how did that happen? IS this why on some genetic charts I see German genome with African ancestry in them?

Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madote     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Staying on topic, there has been no genitic study of Eritreans thus far. Eritrean peoples' history has been intertwined with foreign powers, namely the Ottomans (for 350 years), ancient Egyption (well over 500 years plus), modern Egyptions (two decades or so), Italians (51 years) and the large wave after wave of Sabean Yemenis who migrated to Eritrea and mixed with the local Cushtic populations, namely the Tigrinya and Tigre ethnic groups who make up 85% of the population this very day.

Also, Eritrea's location is a key player on the make up of their current look.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madote:
Staying on topic, there has been no genitic study of Eritreans thus far. Eritrean peoples' history has been intertwined with foreign powers, namely the Ottomans (for 350 years), ancient Egyption (well over 500 years plus), modern Egyptions (two decades or so), Italians (51 years) and the large wave after wave of Sabean Yemenis who migrated to Eritrea and mixed with the local Cushtic populations, namely the Tigrinya and Tigre ethnic groups who make up 85% of the population this very day.

Also, Eritrea's location is a key player on the make up of their current look.

Nonsense..

Anyways, most Eritreans are indistinguishable from Northern "semitic-speaking" Ethiopians. Yes, they've shared contact with Yemeni populations whom reside just across a narrow red sea, but interaction was mutual and there's no evidence of language transfer. No it doesn't account for the majority of their features and relatively lighter skin tones since skeletal remains suggest the presence of populations with identical phenotypes going back thousand of years.

Anyhow, see:

Ethiopian Mitochondrial DNA Heritage: Tracking Gene Flow Across and Around the Gate of Tears.
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1182106

^One problem though with this study is that they don't even entertain the alternative and widely held observation that M1 is native to East Africa, thus it may be deceiving to say that maternally, half of their lineages are Yemenini origin and vice versa.

Also, many southern Egyptians share common (African) ancestry with Tigre/Tigray populations. If fact, they are more maternally similar to each other than anyone else. Hence the view the ancient Egyptians mainly derive from early Eastern African migrants.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14748828

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madote     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sundiata, in what way? Can you give us your point of view?
Posts: 39 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Can you give us your point of view?

You haven't even given us yours. You just make random claims with no point of reference or evidence to support them and this is just me expressing my skepticism based on what I interpret to be accurate. Your claims I feel are inaccurate but I can't say much more than that until you try and substantiative some of these off-beat claims. I don't have the burden of proof, you do, nor is there any reason for Wolofi here to believe you since u have no sources or data from any of your own original research.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
One problem with your sources, they're talking about Ethiopians and we, or atleast I am, am talking about Eritreans.

TIGRE ethnic group of Eritrea speak Tigre and are Muslims for the most part. Don't confuse them with Tigrayans or Tigrays of Ethiopia, who speak Tigrinya and are Similar to Eritrea's largest ethnic group of the Tigrinya, who also speak the Tigrinya language (different dialects).

Tigrinya ethnic group of Eritrea are similar to that of Tigrayans in Ethiopia and speak the same language (different dialects of course). Tigrinya people don't view Tigrayian people to the south in Ethiopia as the same ethnic group as them (lets not dwell on this, it is what it is and no amount wiki sources will change the reality on the ground)

Tigrayans are who live in Ethiopia's Tigray region speak Tigrinya and are similar to Tigrinya of Eritrea.

Now that we have clarified the confusing Tigre, Tigrinya and Tigrayan issue, lets move along to the topic.

Like i've stated, there has been no genetic study done upon the Eritreans, so any sources you have of OTHER countries don't apply here.

Egyptions were on the Eritrean coastline and as deep as the highlands of Eritrea. The two nations have been trading goods with one another for over 3,000 years and evidence of this is present. So them deriving from the horn or vise-versa is not a far stretch but again, this is for another topic.

What i'm stating here is, Eritrean history has impacted their look. The recent migration of the Rashaida is another evidence of how easy it is forpopulations to cross the red sea in large numbers. The people of the horn and the people on the other side of the red sea have been trading goods long before scientist can speculate. When populations ineract or trade goods, you're going to start to see mixing like all across the globe....THe people of the horn have this look PURELY based on their location, some have it more than others due to population movements and history with their neighbors.

Also, please don't post any other sources that does not show DNA study of Eritreans. I asked for apple studies, you gave me pear studies. Both are similar but not the same!

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
One problem with your sources, they're talking about Ethiopians and we, or atleast I am, am talking about Eritreans.

You obviously aren't aware that they come from the same stock as Eritrea has only been an independent country since the late 20th century. [Roll Eyes] The study goes back centuries. Amhara Ethiopians, Tigre and Tigrayan Ethiopians/Eritreans were/are all Habeshat.

quote:
Don't confuse them with Tigrayans or Tigrays of Ethiopia, who speak Tigrinya and are Similar to Eritrea's largest ethnic group of the Tigrinya, who also speak the Tigrinya language (different dialects).
The subtleties here are only a few centuries old. The divergence in ethnicity is recent. They are virtually the same people joe. I honestly don't think you know what you're talking about, and the Tigray region of Ethiopia borders Eritrea, which again, split only a decade and a half ago. I'm older than Eritrea and I'm 23!

quote:
TIGRE ethnic group of Eritrea speak Tigre and are Muslims for the most part. Don't confuse them with Tigrayans or Tigrays of Ethiopia, who speak Tigrinya and are Similar to Eritrea's largest ethnic group of the Tigrinya, who also speak the Tigrinya language (different dialects).

These are minor and recently derived cultural differences, not genetic.

quote:
Tigrinya ethnic group of Eritrea are similar to that of Tigrayans in Ethiopia and speak the same language (different dialects of course). Tigrinya people don't view Tigrayian people to the south in Ethiopia as the same ethnic group as them (lets not dwell on this, it is what it is and no amount wiki sources will change the reality on the ground)
Why are you babbling on about redundancies? Wiki sources won't instill common sense once you realize that Eritrea as a border is no older than 1993 and any ethnic divergence between Ethiopians is EXTREMELY recent, hence, there's no basis for any genetic distinction.

quote:
Tigrayans are who live in Ethiopia's Tigray region speak Tigrinya and are similar to Tigrinya of Eritrea.
Maybe because they derive from the same people with thesame genetic and linguistic make-up. Ever thought about that?

quote:
Now that we have clarified the confusing Tigre, Tigrinya and Tigrayan issue, lets move along to the topic.
you only confuse yourself, they are all Habeshat and have no genetic distinction. All of their languages derive from Geez, an Ethiopian language.

quote:
Like i've stated, there has been no genetic study done upon the Eritreans, so any sources you have of OTHER countries don't apply here.
Are you an idiot? Eritreans and Ethiopians are the same people, lol..

quote:
Egyptions were on the Eritrean coastline and as deep as the highlands of Eritrea. The two nations have been trading goods with one another for over 3,000 years and evidence of this is present. So them deriving from the horn or vise-versa is not a far stretch but again, this is for another topic.
Eritrea didn't exist 3,000 years ago and no, the fact that ancient Egyptians derive from horn Africans isn't far-fetched at all. In fact, it's evident.

quote:
What i'm stating here is, Eritrean history has impacted their look. The recent migration of the Rashaida is another evidence of how easy it is forpopulations to cross the red sea in large numbers.
You have no evidence of ANYONE crossing the red sea into modern Eritrea in large numbers, which is your problem. Steady interaction over thousands of years does not constitute onesingle migration from one direction. Everything from their language to their genetics and culture are overwhelmingly indigenous.

Take a look at this thread here, you may learn something.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000050;p=1

quote:
The people of the horn and the people on the other side of the red sea have been trading goods long before scientist can speculate. When populations ineract or trade goods, you're going to start to see mixing like all across the globe....THe people of the horn have this look PURELY based on their location, some have it more than others due to population movements and history with their neighbors.
Sure, but that "mixing" goes both ways and to project the proportion of that admixture is mere speculation, so attributing features seen among Eritreans that have always been a part of African biohistory to admixture with non-Africans, requires much needed proof.

quote:
Also, please don't post any other sources that does not show DNA study of Eritreans. I asked for apple studies, you gave me pear studies. Both are similar but not the same! [/qb]
Please don't post anything at all until you comprehend the relationship between modern Eritreans and modern Ethiopians, both being derived from the same group of people as recent as 50 years ago. Apples and Oranges my ass, you try and distinguish a green apple from a red one and introduce them as two separate fruits.
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sundiata wrote:
I honestly don't think you know what you're talking about, especially after calling most of them muslim,

Actually he's right, Tigre are generally muslims, they live in northern Eritrea among the Beja. There is Tigre, Tigrinya ( both Eritrea) and Tigray (Ethiopia).
Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:
quote:
Sundiata wrote:
I honestly don't think you know what you're talking about, especially after calling most of them muslim,

Actually he's right, Tigre are generally muslims, they live in northern Eritrea among the Beja. There is Tigre, Tigrinya ( both Eritrea) and Tigray (Ethiopia).
Yom, I edited that out just before your post, I was writing so fast that I didn't notice (or just forgot) that he was only referring to the Tigre and not all Eritreans. I'm not confused on this point (which is rather irrelevant), I'm just pointing out how petty it is to distinguish semitic-speaking Ethiopians and Eritreans based on recent political affiliations and VERY recent cultural divergences.
Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
Did you just say Eritreans and Ethiopians are the Same people? Son, do you not understand how many ethnic groups Ethiopia has? Here's a hint, they have well over 82 different ethnic groups, while Eritrea has 9.

These different ethnic groups don't become magically the same people just because you're speaking from a national point of view. How is Mursi people of Ethiopia the same as a Rashaida of Eritrea? Or a Tigrinya Eritrean the same as an Oromo?

Eritrea as a Nation State is older than Ethiopia. Intrestingly enough, the oldest evidence illustrating geez comes from Eritrea, therefore, how can you say it's an Ethiopian language, when the oldest traces of it has been found in Eritrea? Besides that, Tigre is the closest form of it still being spoken and this language is spoken in Eritrea but not in Ethiopia.

Nation-States in modern Africa appeared only after World War II. Besides, it was always an exaggeration to say that Abyssinia was more than a geographic term for an Area inhabited by a mosaic of ethnic groups ruled by Degesmatchs and Rasses some times calling themselves kings and perpetually waging wars of pillaging and plundering on each other like any war lord realm. The description by the Scotsman James Bruce of Abyssinia of the 18th century is evidence to this and a showcase that the states we are speaking now about are a different type of Nations, the Nation State an invention of the great French Revolution.

Eritrea's independence from Ethiopia came in 1991, it became "legal" in 1993. Ethiopia's independence from the Italians was in 1941, it became legal once the British left shortly afterwards. The Idea of Eritrea having no history all while it being home to some of the oldest traces of historical significance in the horn is purely based on fabrications and desires to be ignorant. The people of Eritrea come from many different kingdoms and empires, they were glued togther by the Italians yes it's true but name one African country that hasn't had it's borders impacted by European/Western powers? NONE. (to save you trouble (and me time), don't say Ethiopia, it's a trap)

The cultrual divergences you speak of are centuries old. The horn is home to countless of bloody wars, invasions and outside influences. Ehnic groups split and fuse toghter all the time, there's no reason to make Eritrean ethnic groups the exception to the rule.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

I'm talking about Semitic-speaking Ethiopians/Eritreans whom all have linguistic and genetic ties that go back as recent as the Askumite empire. They derive from the same population and are hence, the same people, genetically AND linguistically. They all spoke Geeze only several hundred years ago and belonged to the same kingdom. The Egyptian study I cited covers Tigre and Tigray groups and concludes that they are basically indistinguishable, both sharing maternal ancestry with southern Egyptians. Don't see why that is so complicated.

quote:
Eritrea as a Nation State is older than Ethiopia
LMAO.. Seeing how Ethiopia/Abyssinia is more than 1,000 years old while Eritrea gained its independence from Ethiopia only 15 years ago leads me to believe that you need to debate another subject or go do some more research.
Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:

Yea, i'm the idiot, i guess i can't see the similarity between these "SAME PEOPLE", maybe other people on here may see it.

Rashaida Eritrean

-

Mursi Ethiopian

-

Oh, i get it, they are the same HUMANS...OK, koo

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:

Yea, i'm the idiot, i guess i can't see the similarity between these "SAME PEOPLE", maybe other people on here may see it.

Rashaida Eritrean

-

Mursi Ethiopian

-

Oh, i get it, they are the same HUMANS...OK, koo

I doubt that this random man represents the typical semitic-speaking Ethiopian, i specifically said Habeshat who were the focus of the genetic study I provided.

- ^Tigre woman (Eritrean)

- ^Tigrayan Ethiopians..

Now cut the random picture spam and read some useful data, like the abstracts and studies posted above.

Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
quote:
I'm talking about Semitic-speaking Ethiopians/Eritreans whom all have linguistic and genetic ties that lead back as recent as the Askumite empire. They derive from the same population and are hence, the same people. Don't see why that is so complicated.
Not all Semitic-Speaking People come from the same stock. It's like saying all English speaking people are the same. I don't think u need me to post a pic to prove this one to you.

It is complicated, the highlanders and lowlanders of Eritrea are said to be of Cushtic Beja stock (forget the mixing part), while the Amharas are of mainly (not all) Agew and Oromo stock and the Tigray (southern ones) are of agew, with slight Oromo stock, while the northern Tigrays is anyone's guess. Again, throw a little sabean blood in there and everyone looks mixed...

Before Eritrea got her independence from Ethiopia, to whom did it belong to and what was it called?

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Oh, I;m an idiot?

Indeed.

quote:
Originally posted by somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about:
Eritrea as a Nation State is older than Ethiopia

quote:
Eritrea is an ancient name, associated in the past with its Greek form Erythraía , and its derived Latin form Erythræa. In the past, Eritrea had given its name to the Red Sea, then called the Erythræan Sea. In 1991 the People's Liberation Front defeated the Ethiopian government. Eritrea officially celebrated its independence on May 24, 1993.
[Roll Eyes]
Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
The problem with your genetic study is you have no genetic study of Eritreans! Even identical twins have different DNA, let alone different ethnic groups from another country. Simply put, you can't give people a guess and say it's true because the pear is similar to the apple!

And don't try to twist your own words, i quoted you and you said, "Eritreans and Ethiopians are the same people". Besides, the majority of Ethiopians are not Habeshas, let alone semitic speakers.

Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
quote:
after a long history of foreign rule
You answered my question. Eritrea was ruled by different empires, kingdoms and groups of people long before Abyssinia unified and started its conquest to become modern Ethiopia.

The Word FOREIGN means they are DIFFERENT from the people they rule, so in this debate is over because you unknowingly made urself look silly once omore by using a quote that is telling you the FOREIGN RULE OF ETHIOPIA OVER ERITREA ENDED.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
[QB] The problem with your genetic study is you have no genetic study of Eritreans!

First of all, one of them did and I already pointed that out goofus. Secondly, Semitic-speaking Ethiopians and Eritreans as a population cluster are considered to be representative of each other, therefore they are working models for one another as well.

quote:
Even identical twins have different DNA, let alone different ethnic groups from another country.
LOL.. What the hell. That is so redundant. We're talking population genetics here, identical twins have the exact same lineage and haplotype distribution, as they belong to the exact same population (same mother and father even), as do Eritreans and Afro-Asiatic speaking Ethiopians whom derive from the same populations that inhabited Askum.

quote:
Simply put, you can't give people a guess and say it's true because the pear is similar to the apple!
This makes no sense and demonstrated above.

quote:
And don't try to twist your own words, i quoted you and you said, "Eritreans and Ethiopians are the same people". Besides, the majority of Ethiopians are not Habeshas, let alone semitic speakers.
I know what I said as it concerned the Ethiopians sampled in the study i cited, whom were treated as monolithic for genetic purposes. The same Ethiopians who speak indigenous semitic languges and share common ancestry going back only a couple of centuries, a time debt that doesn't cause any type of noticable genetic differentiation. You really are clueless, lol..

quote:
[QB]
quote:
You answered my question. Eritrea was ruled by different empires, kingdoms and groups of people long before Abyssinia unified and started its conquest to become modern Ethiopia.

Are you really that stupid?? Damn, that article was about Ethiopia and Eritrea only. Anyone who claims that Eritrea was a nation-state (the same Eritrea that wasn't a nation-state until 1993) is older than Ethiopia, is just a retard. The geographical region now called Eritrea has always been a part of Ethiopia until it gained independence from Ethiopia just recently. You need to read more than comic books.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
[QB]
quote:
The Word FOREIGN means they are DIFFERENT from the people they rule
LOL, wtf?

Foreign - situated outside a place or country;

Eritreans considered themselves sovereign, so anyone outside of their territory post a declaration of independence is considered foreign by definition and according to common sense. says nothing at all about the PEOPLE BEING DIFFERENT, you impose nonsense and distort otherwise perfectly understandable English grammar. Fix your brain please.

quote:
Not all Semitic-Speaking People come from the same stock
Straw man. The reason you've been wrong all along is because all Ethiopian and Eritrean semitic languages derive from Ethiopian Geeze among the same people who spoke that language during the Askimite empire, therefore, you lose. Look up the history of Tigre, Tigrayan, and Amharic languages and you'll soon feel as stupid as you look.
Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
Throwing insults does not change the outcome of the debate, you're still backpeddling on many of your claims.

Eritrea became a nation state when the Italians came in 1890, Ethiopia became a nation sate after their victory at the battle of adwa in 1986, when the Italians recognized Ethiopia as a sovereign independent state, before that, its borders fluctuated, seeing how Abyssinia was expanding its borders through conquests and wars.

"considered representives of each other"? Says who? How can you or anyone state this with out any genetic testing on both parties? Why do you except facts that are based on assumptions and guesses? If a girl says you're the baby's daddy and she tells you her reasons why she believes this is because you're both light skinned and the baby is light skinned that's why she believes you're the father....it's the same idea you're throwing here buddy, you would demand for DNA testing...so don't assume we wont either

You're a funny dude tho, it's hard to take you serious at times. I'm still waiting for the "sike, just joking niggga" line from u

Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
quote:
The geographical region now called Eritrea has always been a part of Ethiopia until it gained independence from Ethiopia just recently.
"In 1770, the Scottish researcher James Bruce describes Hamasien (modern Eritrea) and Abyssinia (modern Ethiopia) as "different countries who are often fighting" (SUKE, p.25).

Time to backpeddle some more.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
[QB] Throwing insults does not change the outcome of the debate,

Firstly, these are not insults, they are observations. Second, this isn't a debate. It really isn't.

quote:
you're still backpeddling on many of your claims.
I've stayed consistent, u simply keep throwing straw men my way which I have little patience for.

quote:
Eritrea became a nation state when the Italians came in 1890, Ethiopia became a nation sate after their victory at the battle of adwa in 1986, when [QUOTE]the Italians recognized Ethiopia as a sovereign independent state, before that, its borders fluctuated, seeing how Abyssinia was expanding its borders through conquests and wars.
The battle of Adwa was fought in modern Ethiopia, not modern Eritrea! And Ethiopia had already been a kingdom before that. Learn your history and Eritrea was not even independent of Ethiopia until 1993 READ), stop making up nonsense. Yes, the borders of Ethiopia fluctuated, but they always included modern day Eritrea!

quote:
"considered representives of each other"? Says who?
Says the Egyptian study that you haven't read or can't access.

quote:
How can you or anyone state this with out any genetic testing on both parties?
You're not paying attention. They tested both Tigre and Tigray and considered them to be the most closely related, having diverged more recently, both being very similar to southern Egyptians. You have the attention span of a rock.

quote:
Why do you except facts that are based on assumptions and guesses?
They are actually based on linguistics, history and genetics. [Smile]

quote:
You're a funny dude tho, it's hard to take you serious at times. I'm still waiting for the "sike, just joking niggga" line from u
From your lingo I can see that you're nothing more than a hippe, why do I waste my time? READ fool. Look up the root of all of their languages, the history of both regions, and studies I've posted, then get back at me, or ask Yom (an Ethiopian) if he agrees with you.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
quote:
The geographical region now called Eritrea has always been a part of Ethiopia until it gained independence from Ethiopia just recently.
"In 1770, the Scottish researcher James Bruce describes Hamasien (modern Eritrea) and Abyssinia (modern Ethiopia) as "different countries who are often fighting" (SUKE, p.25).

Time to backpeddle some more.

Backpeddle for what? Off some relativist statement?

quote:
The boundaries of modern Eritrea and the entire region were established during the European colonial period between Italian, British and French colonialists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Eritrea#Italian_colonization

Time for YOU to back peddle. [Smile]

Also tell me why the early and Medieval history of Ethiopia and Eritrea are EXACTLY the same,including that of the kingdoms dominating the region/s? Also, why did they speak the same language and why were they represented by the same exact people (like I said)??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Eritrea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ethiopia

Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
Why are u editing all the stuff after i corrected you? LOL, you're funny bro, just get some sleep.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^^ I always edit my grammar or any misspeaks, though I haven't changed any content. You haven't corrected anything, nor have you addressed your contradiction that Eritrea is older than Ethiopia and was distinct before it was brought under European control... Keep dodging. You lose again. [Big Grin]
Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
wikipedia sources are a joke to say the least. But nonetheless, i've clearly stated that EVERY African nation this very day has had their borders shaped by colonizers (including ethiopia), you stating this about Eritrea proves nothing.

If Eritrea was part of Ethiopia, that means Ethiopia was colonized too...would it not? Or you only want to claim the good but not the bad huh? Funny stuff indeed!

Anyways, i've debunked all your little ideas of Eritreans. There's no point in debating with fools, for a fool is better experienced and you clearly show it with your little temper tantrums and "i hope so" facts.

This is getting lame and boring, peace out son.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
[QB] wikipedia sources are a joke to say the least.

You are a joke to say the most and this is an argument from ad hominem. You can't disprove the sources and a lot of that was written and sourced by yom who posted in this thread and is Ethiopian.

quote:
But nonetheless, i've clearly stated that EVERY African nation this very day has had their borders shaped by colonizers (including ethiopia), you stating this about Eritrea proves nothing.
Well, that, coupled with the fact that Eritrea wasn't an independent nation until 1993 says a lot about the facts and also your education.

quote:
If Eritrea was part of Ethiopia, that means Ethiopia was colonized too...would it not?
No, because they never conquered modern Ethiopia, they took over modern day Eritrea (while it was part of Ethiopia) for about 6 years until they tried to invade inner Ethiopia and were eventually ran out by the Ethiopian army in the BATTLE OF adwa, which you wrongly placed in modern day Eritrea because you don't know what you're talking about. LOL.. No way you can get out of this kid, if you can't see how stupid you look then you're dumber than I thought.

quote:
Or you only want to claim the good but not the bad huh? Funny stuff indeed!
READ. I've explained above. You're so pathetic that I can't return the compliment either. There is nothing funny about ignorance.

quote:
Anyways, i've debunked all your little ideas of Eritreans.
Hahahah, what? Let's see, according to you Eritrea is an older nation-state than Ethiopia, the battle of adwa was in Eritrea, and Ethiopia was colonized. Yep, you sure "debunked me" alright, lol..
quote:
There's no point in debating with fools, for a fool is better experienced and you clearly show it with your little temper tantrums and "i hope so" facts.
glad you've finally looked in the mirror. [Smile]

quote:
This is getting lame and boring, peace out.
Good riddance.
Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
Where in this quote do you see me saying adwa is in Eritrea? ITalians lost the battle of adwa and recognized Ethiopia as a result of the loss, where do you get this idea of me saying adwa is in Eritrea?

quote:
Eritrea became a nation state when the Italians came in 1890, Ethiopia became a nation sate after their victory at the battle of adwa in 1986, when the Italians recognized Ethiopia as a sovereign independent state, before that, its borders fluctuated, seeing how Abyssinia was expanding its borders through conquests and wars.
Also, if Yom's Ethiopian (don't know don't care) and he's writing articles on wiki about Eritrea and Eritreans, do you think he's going to have a ballanced view of Eritrean-Ethiopian relations, more than non-Eritreans and Ethiopians? Seeing the bloody history and issues on historical point of views Eritreans and Abyssinians have, do you think I would take his work more seriously because he hails from Ethiopia, a nation that has been at war with Eritrea twice already? Are you serious? Do you enjoy being a weirdo?

Eritrea is older than Ethiopia as a nation-state and the oldest agricultural civilization living in the horn were found in Eritrea. You look like a complete fool trying to even debate this with me.

Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
'Oldest' African settlement found in Eritrea

-

Farmers bred oxen 3,000 years ago, just like today
The remains of what is thought to be the oldest settled agricultural community in Africa have been discovered on the outskirts of the Eritrean capital, Asmara, the United Nations has said.

According to experts, the sites could change the way the history of the Horn of Africa is viewed.

This is a very exciting find

Cultural official

Archaeologists using evidence collected during preliminary excavations have already pieced together a fascinating picture of life nearly 3,000 years ago.

The settlement's inhabitants lived in stone houses, ate cows and goats, drank beer, farmed fertile land and wore animal skins.

Tools for tanning and softening hides have been discovered, along with needles, stone implements for punching leather, and bronze buttons.

To conserve heat on the cool highland plateau, houses did not have any doors, they were entered through openings in the roof.

Treasure

For the same reason, according to archaeologists, homes appear to have shared walls.

Hundreds of tiny bulls' heads, carved from stone, and thought to have ritual significance, were found around the sites.

Gold earrings, bracelets and rings, copper and bronze daggers, and multiple-necked pottery jugs were also found in one excavation, which might have been a burial chamber.

The archaeological find has got in the way of a housing project

A cultural resource specialist with the World Bank, which is funding a survey of the area, said it was essential that local people were adequately informed about their cultural heritage so that they could make their own decisions about how to manage it.

"This is a very exciting find," she said.

"We hope these early projects will provide evidence that cultural assets are very significant and that they should be preserved and enhanced for the economic growth of the country," she added.

The sites are scattered across a large area of what is considered prime development land to the south and west of the city, much of it already earmarked for new housing.

Crucial evidence

Archaeologists from the University of Asmara are hoping to complete an urgent survey of the area to assess the extent of the find before any building work commences.

The project also plans to build an open-air museum on one of the sites, to provide information to the public and display items found there.

Experts believe the sites provide crucial new evidence that people lived in populated, settled farming communities in the Horn of Africa as early as 800 BC.

"This is one of the richest heritage areas in Africa," said Professor Peter Schmidt, a specialist in African archaeology and dean of the College of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Asmara.

"It can be compared to Athens and Rome as it has excellent parallels to those places. There is a remarkable opportunity to use this as a centrepiece of national preservation," he added.

The potential for tourism revenue from such important prehistoric sites is considerable.

Last year, many tourists visited Ethiopia's ancient monuments at Aksum.

It is likely that the sites on the outskirts of Asmara, which contain remnants likely to predate the Aksumite period (of the first to the sixth centuries AD) by many centuries, could also attract foreign and domestic tourists.

But archaeologists fear that it may be too late to save some of the sites.

They are seeking funding to erect a fence around one excavation, which has been partly destroyed by bulldozers digging stone for road building.

Another potentially important site has already been broken up by new housing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2000297.stm

Madote
Member # 15212

Rate Member
STOP EDITING YOUR POST AFTER I DEBUNKED YOUR ORGINAL STATMENTS FOO! THIS GUY KEEPS ADDING MORE TO OLDER POSTS I'VE DEBUNKED ALREADY AND LEAVES MORE QUESTIONS AND MAKES IT LOOK LIKE I COULDN'T ANSWER THEM BUT IN REALITY, HE EDITED THEM MUCH LATER, AFTER HIS ORGINAL QUESTIONS WERE CORRECTED.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com